Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub (4726 Views)

Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / How Much Could Right Rear Wheel Hub & Bearing For Honda Accord 2004 V6 Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Namzy(m): 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
Have always had problems with over quack mechanics. And have never been successful in replacing a wheel bearing on my 2004 honda accord it doesn't last and in the end you will have to buy d complete hub with a belgium(used) wheel bearing which costs alot more. Has anyone been successful in changing just said wheel bearing on his car or honda accord? Any pointers on what to look out for?
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Piyke: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Namzy:
Have always had problems with over quack mechanics. And have never been successful in replacing a wheel bearing on my 2004 honda accord it doesn't last and in the end you will have to buy d complete hub with a belgium(used) wheel bearing which costs alot more. Has anyone been successful in changing just said wheel bearing on his car or honda accord? Any pointers on what to look out for?

I changed both front wheel hub bearings late last year. So far no problems. I bought brand new NTN bearings (made in Japan) for 15k. Guess they are a lot of fake bearings out there. Even the guy that fitted them for me was asking me where I got them.
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2015
I offer my opinion not knowing the quality of the personadn tools used to do the change

But based on the ones that I've done I see no reason to buy a whole new hub when the breaking can simply be pulled out and new ones pressed in.

The only reason that you should need a new hub is if you've allowed the bad bearings to eat into the hub and it's now out of spec.
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Namzy(m): 6:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Have bought original wheel bearings b4(must be got them from luvin hubby) and these people keeps messing the whole thing up. Sometimes they even fix it with the wrong side up. Latest i bought didn't have the magnetic abs sensor thingy. Guess am just unlucky
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Namzy:

Please share your experiences with your Honda Accord.

Thanks.
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Piyke: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Namzy:
Have bought original wheel bearings b4(must be got them from luvin hubby) and these people keeps messing the whole thing up. Sometimes they even fix it with the wrong side up. Latest i bought didn't have the magnetic abs sensor thingy. Guess am just unlucky

You need to get a competent person to handle these jobs for you. From what I can gather from this post, it there's a capacity problem with the person fixing the bearing or hub for you. Hmmm....Kazeem
Can you state your base? People here maybe able to recommend a good mechanic based on your location
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by lonelydora: 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
I have bought wheel bearing just twice since I started using my Honda. I now buy complete hub which does not give me problem.

The problem with buying only bearing is the process of fixing it. Most mechanics use to hammer it into the hub thereby damaging it. But if you can get the pressing machine, it's good to buy only the bearing.

The present hub I'm using now is about 1 year 5 months even with the water I pass through daily.
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
It's nice to read that the most wonderful Honda Accord is a victim of repairing incompetency.
Re: Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub by Namzy(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Stay @ nnewi. My honda engine and gear been superb. Just some shaft issues which started when my inner cv joint failed continuously and driving with that vibrations killed the wheel bearing. Have changed mechanics 3 times will try another though. But that complete hub is expensive but have nt had lasting success changing the wheel bearings alone even when you tube videos suggest its a simple job.

(1) (Reply)

How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance / Help! My Car Is Consuming Engine Oil And There's No Smoke From The Exhaust / 2010 Audi Q7, Bmw X6, Range Rover And R-class Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.