Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions (722 Views)

Igbo Hatred for Buhari / Yoruba And Igbo Hatred Only Exist Online / Yoruba And Igbo Hatred Is Love To Compare.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
I have been observing the postings on this website and have been reading the what posters are saying against my tribe, Igbos. Now, I want to ask my questions.

Having been living amongst the yorubas for over 10 years now, I've come to realise how much Yorubas despise other people. My colleague from Edo state use to say that yorubas call them omo ibo at ordinary times and change it to omo odua during elections. Throughout GEJ's tenure, I continued to hear them refer to him as "olosi omo ibo". Now, my first question is. Did GEJ tell them that he is Igbo?

According to Rt. Hon. G. U. N'Abba, that they would have impeached OBJ but for the intervention of 'The National Unity' group. That whatever is the problem with our beloved Naija now was ochestrated by OBJ and we withnessed all that he did including the botched third tenure venture that was stopped by the Igbo Senate President. Now that OBj is dinning with APC, my question is. Are OBJ and the other corrupt men in APC now saints?

That during the tenure of GMB that the SE will not get any solid representation and they are singing it as jingles all around. During the tenures of our late Yar'Adua and GEJ, the SW were not represented at the levels of Senate President or Deputy, House Speaker or Deputy and SGF. Another question is, did anybody remove any letter from the word 'yoruba' because of that?

That the Igbos in Lagos are claiming 'omo n'ile' in another persons land. But these same Igbos still go home to their roots during festive periods and are also buried there. The recent general elections across Naija caused more phsychological rancour as the Igbos massively supported GEJ as an omo igbo. Ambo and Agbaje are two yoruba brothers,but the support Agbaje enjoyed from the Igbos made people to start threatening their neighbours. My next question is, are the igbos not entitled to their franchise anymore?

When the igbos, supported OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ during his first tenure, they weren't tribalistic. When yorubas voted in OBJ and GMB (Osibanjo and APC) they weren't tribalistic as well. Why are the Igbos tribalistic now because they followed PDP?

Somany questions, somany other loose ends. A great chunk of igbos are still die hard APC guys though most of us don't care about politics like me. Are those ones not noted as well?
Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by tinuolababy(f): 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
Lagoonites u mean?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by Sloan: 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
In today's Nigeria, Ibos are under the yoke of a siege mentality and inferiority complex, leading to a herd mentality. Think of a herd of goats or pigs. Herd mentality, or mob mentality, describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors, follow trends, and/or purchase items (Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality). It is as though the crushing blow of defeat of Ibo's biafra is indeed a crushing albatross that has dissipated every trace of confidence in the ibo man as an individual and as a group of people.

Case in point is the xenophobic attacks in SA and while I do not subscribe, support or endorse the killing or violent treatment of human beings in any form, it is very apt for human beings to deal with issues that affect them holistically. Why can't ibos be circumspect of their lives as human beings? Can ibos claim freedom to violate the laws, ownership traditions, culture and goodwill of hosts and despite repeated warnings, ibos don't pay heed but at the sign of concrete action, Ibos go into overdrive, exhibiting this animalistic herd mentality. This shameful behaviour shows ibo as people incapable of independent thought or action after objectively analyzing an issue.

Oba Akiolu's comment, which was right on the money was feasted on by Ibos but they have not backed off from calling the domain of a king in Yorubaland, whose ancestors own the same land for centuries before ibos happened on it by virtue of Nigeria after their loss of the civil war, a no man's land. But Ibos want others to have pity on them when they're recompensed for their actions with the only language they seem to understand - violence! Now, another one I have seen recently is the issue of the cardiologist in the US who is voicing the exact same opinion of a lot of people whose lands have been trampled upon, be it Oba Akiolu, the cardiologist or the SS Nigerians who sent all ibos away and declared their houses abandoned property! What the cardiologist is saying is absolutely true and watch his language, he did not command that violence be visited on ibos but he is saying it will be the consequence of their actions if they do not back off now. Why should a thief assault you in your own home and you cannot blow him to pieces if you have the chance and resources?

Ibos should learn and stop calling everyone lazy, thinking because of the humanity others exhibit to allow them on their lands, they are somehow better. It is a shame that most Nigerians will still visit the north than go to iboland, most people will visit most states in the SW, MB, SS or even work or live there before considering Onitsha or Aba, why is everyone not interested in Iboland? Could it be because they know that even ibos cannot wait to abandon their father's lands to seek prosperity elsewhere? Ibos should grow a pair and get off with the inferiority complex, which makes them pass off as cry babies without a backbone. The doctor in the US, Oba Akiolu, etc have rights to their opinions, and will express it for as long as ibos remain the annoying pests that they are. Whether ibos like it or not, one day their cup will be full again somewhere they are pissing off people and they will descend on them, whether in Nigeria or outside, sabo ngari or south africa or Lagos!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by raumdeuter: 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
Another whining thread

Oh Its monthend, Enough PMS

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by Crocz(m): 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
This your story about world war 1 right?...I love it, especially the part when those soldiers were running inside water like a submarine.

And the part where, the US president had to steal a chicken cos he was dead hungry
Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by 9jii(m): 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
They just proved their insignificance in Nigerian politics
Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by gwales: 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
OP u can do yourself justice by telling your tribesmen to stop the hate campaign against yoruba and Hausa and other tribes
Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by Chanchit: 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
Abeg election don Pass make we hear word o, this tribal and counter tribal threads don taya me abeg.
Re: 2015 Elections And Igbo Hatred Questions by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Elections are over n we still feel d embers of discord. Am not a registered voter but people in osogbo still spite me on daily basis when it was their candidate that won.
I can't wait 4 GMB's government to commence and also to see their disappointments.

Demanding a better quota in lagos is an off shoot of what has been the plight of igbos in the present day lagos. In the face of Igbos' contributions to the progress of lagos and most of the Igbo children now seeing Eko as their homes, igbos can only but assert their presence. But aRe not and cannot claim Lago cos they must go back hom all the time unlike other people that call where they found solace home and forget their roots.
My view is that we neglet this distraction and concentrate on making our Naija better.

(1) (Reply)

Malawian Government To Close All South African Owned Businesses!!! / Nigerian Army Rescues 293 Girls / Gmbs First Telephone Call As The President Of Nigeria. Must See.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.