Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,251 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture (32211 Views)

Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Governor Tanko Al Makura's Media Team Have Just Issued A Press Statement / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Herald47: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Jbenue:
Ojuchwu was I am sorry to say an idyot Never I mean Never fight a war you cannot win...He should have used the threat of war to improve the lot of his people but not war itself.
my bro make your people happy for the money they are spending on your education atleast for once,who told you that ojukwu started the nigeria civil war?,he only declared his region a republic because the head of state (yakubu gowon) didn't wan't to keep to the promise he made at aburi which will ensure unity and stop the massacre of the easterners,so he has no option than to declare the easterners a republic,he didn't force them them because at that time the easterners were looking upto him as a leader,some were calling him a weak man because his people were being massacred in the north and the only thing he could do was to ask them to return to the north where they were being killed in thousands assuring them of safety.OJUKWU IS A HERO AND PEACE LOVER INDEED[b]
Jbenue:
Ojuchwu was I am sorry to say an idyot Never I mean Never fight a war you cannot win...He should have used the threat of war to improve the lot of his people but not war itself.
my bro make your people happy for the money they are spending on your education atleast for once,who told you that ojukwu started the nigeria civil war?,he only declared his region a republic because the head of state (yakubu gowon) didn't wan't to keep to the promise he made at aburi which will ensure unity and stop the massacre of the easterners,so he has no option than to declare the easterners a republic,he didn't force them them because at that time the easterners were looking upto him as a leader,some were calling him a weak man because his people were being massacred in the north and the only thing he could do was to ask them to return to the north where they were being killed in thousands assuring them of safety.OJUKWU IS A HERO AND PEACE LOVER INDEED[/b]
Jbenue:
my bro make your people happy for the money they are spending on your education atleast for once,who told you that ojukwu started the nigeria civil war?,he only declared his region a republic because the head of state (yakubu gowon) didn't wan't to keep to the promise he made at aburi which will ensure unity and stop the massacre of the easterners,so he has no option than to declare the easterners a republic,he didn't force them them because at that time the easterners were looking upto him as a leader,some were calling him a weak man because his people were being massacred in the north and the only thing he could do was to ask them to return to the north where they were being killed in thousands assuring them of safety.OJUKWU IS A HERO AND PEACE LOVER INDEED

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by TopGee: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
I want Igbos to ignore some people trying to distract you guys. When you reply their posts they feel those posts are annoying Igbos. I don't see any reason to reply those childish posts. It does not annoy me and it cannot move me a bit. Just ignore them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Ozigbondu(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Fight don end cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Malawian(m): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
dem don already ban my war moniker for one month just under 5 mins wey i start.

chai. OAM4J is that you?

this very moniker is precious to me and since all my alternates are in the slammer,

na siddon look win am grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by francizy(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
Eluala:

This is classic. It was this ingenuity that sustained the people for that long. Otherwise how do you explain the fact that without much of logistics support, they managed to engage the Nigerian military, heavily supported in equipment, funding and personnel by the world powers of USA, BRITAIN, USSR, and even EGYPT for so long yet they struggled to take out the so called 'rag tag' army.

My conclusion; Either the NIGERIANS with all these external support were either completely incompetent or the BIAFRANS were supremely intelligent and could improvise and invent devices for containing the Nigerians using local technology and sheer determination and application of natural superior brain power.

It is amazing that despite the fact that for close to 3 years, young men had to fight in the battle field or work in the technological incubation centers while young women supported from home and all schools were shut due to the crises. 45 years after the war these same people/zone have re surged from the ashes to become the people/zone with the highest per capita income in Nigeria according FBS, highest educational attainment as shown by 10 year data from WAEC, NECO and JAMB and technologically most advanced in Nigeria. It is instructive to note that all these have been achieved despite minimal access to political power at the Federal level. Do I see a natural correction taking place already considering that prior to the unfortunate incidents of 1966, the Igbo man unarguably dominated virtually every sector of our National life that mattered. That's a fact and if you ask your parents, they will tell you if they are honest. That's what it takes to survive adversity.

It is in Igbo land that most villages through various town development and age grade unions contributed money to provide essential infrastructure in their communities like markets, roads, health centers, schools, pipe borne water, electricity, scholarships, public libraries, of course churches and civic centers etc. This practice has been on since the early 1900s (Read Arrow of God from Chinua Achebe). So in effect, while some states in Nigeria can only boast of the state capital as urban center, most towns/communities in Igbo land already have the things that make a place 'township' and they were self provided. We don't wait for government handouts. We create wealth with sheer resilience and ingenuity. It is important to recognize that in a federation, respect among each unit must be mutual and nobody should be blackmailed into losing their very essence and DNA.

Thank God Nigeria is our project now and we shall continue to build a greater Nigeria reaching for that innermost will and drive to succeed, for which we are noted and eternally grateful to God for. We have to acknowledge our relative strengths and utilize that to the advantage of all. Hating and tribal bashing will not help us and we cannot be individually better than the whole.

Best post of the century in all social networks combined.. God bless you and happy birthday my brother...

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by illiad: 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ojukwu, the envy of all tribes. The man who is feared in life & in death.
god amongst men!
Nodu Mma!

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by OpeDwarroir: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
raumdeuter:
Was this before Benjamin Adekunle kicked his ass to Abidjan or after

He was giving press conference while FFK and Biancar were getting busy. WHat a cantankerous coward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfAVrh06fA

http://books.google.com/books/about/A_View_Into_History.html?id=aZwPAQAAMAAJ

A book by C. C Onoh Ojukwus inlaw. On page 10 see below

I have been observing your comments about anything concerning the igbos, its very obvious that your hatred for these people are irreparable. Your comments during the Oba's saga are very evident. You really need to grow up and forget about this your tribal discrimination.

Its also very clear that you have never traveled anywhere beyond the yoruba land.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Wadosky(m): 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
I love ojukwu
omo see swag!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by lepasharon(f): 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
Agbari Ojukwu
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
this small boys never stop all these, I just dey laff
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by ruggedboy01: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Wow! I miss this e-war cheesy grin

Ikemba will forever be remembered

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by GreenCap: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
great guy!

you can't love Nigeria more than this man.

born in Zungeru (North), grew up in Lagos (West)

equipped the national armory as Quarter-Master General.

stopped Nzeogwu's coup from his 5th battalion base in Kano.

protected the lives of Northerners in the Eastern region.

went to Aburi, Ghana in search of peace.

if he intended to partition the country, would he have bought Russian tanks in 1965?

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by negroG(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
the coming of biafra no force can stop it becos chukwu abiama is with us, and we shall worship He because He is our God, Biafra is the kingdom of God on the face of this earth, and if u dout me then u r son of satan

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
ogbunigwe....
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by babilicious: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
T9ksy:

@ bolded......obviously. The orangutan lookalike, hollow chest-beating spoilt brat ran like a thief in the night when he heard Obj was on his tail.
Ojukwu a.k.a means some many things to different pple or ethnic groups....to us (We Igbos) He's a legend...A true son of the soil..He didn't run away ....have you had the sentence "you live to fight another Day" before...?? he's a man of wisdom knowing that if he dies during the civil war Igbos will be devastated and won't have the courage to air their views....besides Gowon would've made rubbish his name and termed his death a disgrace. As a man of wisdom...he retreated to strategize having recognised that igbos will only get their freedom through peaceful resolution. And when He came back..He planted our feet (igbos) solid in the ground through his words of wisdom and encouragement....We igbos are strong, focused, determined and still believe in ourselves b'cos of Ojukwu (ikemba Nnewi).....it only takes a wise man to understand why he left when he did...but ofcourse you ain't wise so I don't expect you to understand .

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by sucessful1: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
Interesting int by Gowon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Supreme Court Sacks Dorawar-Sallau, Orders Swearing-in Of Abdullahi Mohammed / Imo Attackers Are Members Of Ipob’s ESN –IGP / Full Time Table Of APC Campaign And Rallies:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.