Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS (1125 Views)

Pencom Dg’s Sack: Staff Allege Ethnic Politics, Threaten Showdown / Mr. Seun's Unpopular Move Against SE/ SS People And Social Media Bill. / Map Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria As It Revolves From 1901- 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by benson81(m): 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
It has come to my notice of accusations against the SE/SS parts of the country of playing ethnic politics because they voted massively for GEJ.its their choice and its democracy!.but let me ask?1.what politics were the NE/NW playing in 2011 when they voted massively for GMB?.what politics were the NE/NW playing in 2015 when they voted massively for GMB alone?.what politics was AD playing in 1999 when they won only in all SW states? And what politics has AC/ACN been playing when they were only winning in the SW?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by SeverusSnape(m): 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
nice questions...
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by sammyj: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Story for the gods !!!!
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by saintneo(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
benson81:
It has come to my notice of accusations against the SE/SS parts of the country of playing ethnic politics because they voted massively for GEJ.its their choice and its democracy!.but let me ask?1.what politics were the NE/NW playing in 2011 when they voted massively for GMB?.what politics were the NE/NW playing in 2015 when they voted massively for GMB alone?.what politics was AD playing in 1999 when they won only in all SW states? And what politics has AC/ACN been playing when they were only winning in the SW?

Even in the US there are states that are core Republican states - Red states like Texas & Louisiana and as well as Democratic states - Blue states like California & Washington.

So enough of this bickering. If parties can focus on their ideology and delivering of good governance, then we can have Umbrella states and Broom states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by ifyan(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
saintneo:

Even in the US there are states that are core Republican states - Red states like Texas & Louisiana and as well as Democratic states - Blue states like California & Washington.

So enough of this bickering. If parties can focus on their ideology and delivering of good governance, then we can have Umbrella states and Broom states.

True talk bro.

But you know. ......
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
It's funny how you want it to stop, but people like you won't stop creating threads!
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Babalegba(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
benson81:
Stop being funny, people do not have animosity against the SS.They favoured their son and that is understandable at this stage of Nigeria's development. IBO's are the main problem, they practice block voting and would do anything to stunt Nigeria's growth. They also tried to use block voting to seize control of a land that does not belong to them.They are also empty chest beaters. SS people are nicer than the opportunistic devious ibos

1 Like

Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
wpanel_error_cmt
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Arysexy(m): 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
[s]
Babalegba:
Stop being funny, people do not have animosity against the SS.They favoured their son and that is understandable at this stage of Nigeria's development. IBO's are the main problem, they practice block voting and would do anything to stunt Nigeria's growth. They also tried to use block voting to seize control of a land that does not belong to them.They are also empty chest beaters. SS people are nicer than the opportunistic devious ibos
[/s]

Ishilove, lalasticlala. Rule 2 should apply to this guy
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Babalegba(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Clap for yourself
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Babalegba(m): 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

Ishilove, lalasticlala. Rule 2 should apply to this guy
Clap for yourself
Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by benson81(m): 7:53am On Apr 22, 2015
Babalegba:
I am frm the SS.Let me state that this prejudice against the SE will not help for a united Nigeria.if u talk of block voting I believe its the same thing that is done in the NE/NW.You said the SS was favoured because GEJ was President.But when push came to shove its only the Ibos that stood by GEJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of All These Talk Of Ethnic Politics Against SE/SS by Babalegba(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2015
benson81:
I am frm the SS.Let me state that this prejudice against the SE will not help for a united Nigeria.if u talk of block voting I believe its the same thing that is done in the NE/NW.You said the SS was favoured because GEJ was President.But when push came to shove its only the Ibos that stood by GEJ.
When i said the SS favouring their own son was as a result of the developmental stage we are in, I was only using euphemistic considerations. Jonathan is the most inept president ever in Nigeria and a disaster at leadership. Google the word leadership and then try to determine if Jonathan provided it for Nigeria. He cannot lead a compound. I did not want to call Nigerians stupid that was why I said developmental stage. The north and the SW voted for Jonathan in 2011 but by 2015 it has become clear that he is the wrong man for the job. Ibos are mischievous and implacable at real or perceived wrongs so I am happy for you and your newfound friends. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

At Last, Jonathan’s Untouchable Women Bow Out(photo) / Nigeria To Save ₦79billion (yearly) From New Agrochemical Plant In Lagos / Buhari Needs More Time To Appoint Cabinet - Ahmed Joda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.