Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana (31214 Views)

Suleiman Abba Handover To Solomon Arase (pics) / Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 22, 2015
millionaireman:
All these petitioners for nothing. The north worked to collect power - finish. Northerners of nPDP broke away from PDP and hijacked APC from Tinubu. Most of the north everywhere, including those that remained in PDP, worked for Buhari to collect the presidency from Jonathan for the north. The rest is history.

does jonathan deserve to be president? hell no. YOUR JONATHAN MESSED UP THE POWER HE GOT, HIS WIFE AND FRIENDS RUINED HIM.
ANYBODY COULD DEFEAT JONATHAN.
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Toofan007: 4:28am On Apr 22, 2015
vincent72:
The IG is not worthy been at that position, he is an APC member. He worked for buhari, so let him go and rest, posterity will judge them. You have not heard all, from now to 6 months time, Nigerians will know how and who play roll of rigging Jonathan out.
my friend stop that thing abeg. Nobody rigged him out, NIGERIANS VOTED HIM OUT! The IG got the comeuppance his actions deserves, like all of our acts would. simple
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Toofan007: 4:31am On Apr 22, 2015
vincent72:
The IG is not worthy been at that position, he is an APC member. He worked for buhari, so let him go and rest, posterity will judge them. You have not heard all, from now to 6 months time, Nigerians will know how and who play roll of rigging Jonathan out.
my friend stop that thing abeg. Nobody rigged him out, NIGERIANS VOTED HIM OUT! Ain't saying the elections were perfect, in fact, a perfect elections is a chimera, but these one is a step in the right direction IMO. The IG got the comeuppance his actions deserves, like all of our acts would. simple
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:18am On Apr 22, 2015
tinkinjow:
Dead on arrival.
Unfortunately for Femi Falana, it has emerged (on concrete intelligence) that the IGP was actually working for Buhari. In fact during the governorship elections, teams of police officers and men were despatched from Abuja to Rivers and Akwa Ibom with a directive to help the APC's course.

Look before you leap.
Even if you're not told, seeing "Chibok girls who were abducted 6 month ago" and the withdrawal of the security details of Tambuwal last week, are you supposed to know that this piece was written some months back?
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by lekwas: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2015
His sack, long overdue
See link asking the President to sack him and many other partisan law enforcement and security chiefs.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/sack-igp-service-chiefs-police-reform-group-urges-buhari/
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by kristisking(m): 6:38am On Apr 22, 2015
That is why I can not trust any aboki.They will smile with you but they are secretly planning to kill you.
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by DeRay98(m): 7:09am On Apr 22, 2015
wakacome:
My friend is it that you cannot read very well or you lack comprehension,or you decided to display your ignorance on the internet??..when the same police man was busy interpreting the constitution and locking out and stopping tambuwal from entering into the house, hypocrites like you never saw anything wrong in that,you never asked if the police IG was a lawyer that should be interpreting the constitution..now femi falana is stating the obvious you are busy cluelessly saying he knows little about police duties...

Why are you always talking nonsense and foolish things??Saying you are dumb is an injustice to dumb people,you are terribly terrible,,have you forgotten the same IGP was the one that did not allow the APC tambuwal to enter into the house.....very soon you will come and tell us the IGP is working for late fela....

Some of you are an educated illiterate,do you even understand the meaning of conspiracy theories??you people will just be cluelessly shouting conspiracy theories**

my brother, these are the kinds of graduates we have, who would shout to the high heavens they are graduates but you can how much education or intelligence they have. No comprehension yet they are quick to make an opinion based on their stupity and display it for the world to see...
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Israel5(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
wen wil u grow up? Dz ur shoro yeye evrwhre i go on naralnd Is killin me!! Jxt stop it!
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by boxypane(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2015
And at d END! Wat happened. LWKM oooooo
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by ugoezeik(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2015
jascon1:
All dis story don tire me. I just wish say I go fit get small money take start one small business to day bring yam from kano to Lagos
yam from kano? like hw much. let me knw ur contact because I also need to venture into biz but avnt knw any nw
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by sammhi(m): 8:16am On Apr 22, 2015
hypocrite Falana
you only see the straw in those who do not favour you but do not see the log in your friends in the evil party called APC . you hypocrite, where are you with all the illegality perpetrated by your cronies and friends in Lagos and now Ekiti..not to mention Rivers, Kano etc? I lost al my respect for you..most of you so called human rights are just hypocrites doing that for your pockets. just keep quiet. your evil party will soon be in power and we are watching how your police and army wil be fair to the opposition and those not dancing to your tunes....
just to add..Yorubas are heating up the polity...hope you know the country has other people...this is how Yorubas set the stage for the 1966 coup , the 1983 coup and now in 2015..hope you hypocrites know that your actions and terrible utterances can still break up the unity of this country regardless of an election won or lost ..so be careful
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by simplynola(m): 8:50am On Apr 22, 2015
The good thing is, he's gone. Evil that men do lives after them.
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by andass(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2015
jascon1:
All dis story don tire me. I just wish say I go fit get small money take start one small business to day bring yam from kano to Lagos
wen u get d small money, chanel ur yam buznes towards Nasarawa, Benue nd Niger coz datz where u cn get dm vry cheat

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by malonephill(m): 9:28am On Apr 22, 2015
sammhi:
hypocrite Falana
you only see the straw in those who do not favour you but do not see the log in your friends in the evil party called APC . you hypocrite, where are you with all the illegality perpetrated by your cronies and friends in Lagos and now Ekiti..not to mention Rivers, Kano etc? I lost al my respect for you..most of you so called human rights are just hypocrites doing that for your pockets. just keep quiet. your evil party will soon be in power and we are watching how your police and army wil be fair to the opposition and those not dancing to your tunes....
just to add..Yorubas are heating up the polity...hope you know the country has other people...this is how Yorubas set the stage for the 1966 coup , the 1983 coup and now in 2015..hope you hypocrites know that your actions and terrible utterances can still break up the unity of this country regardless of an election won or lost ..so be careful
thanks for the reminder #MKO the coup man who's going to take after him? Yoruba badt
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Ephemmm: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2015
omolami:
Falana you know little about police duties just as police cannot stand you in law. Let the IG perform his job Falana cannot be mr know all like OBJ. Plse park

All I see in your post is the effect myopic thinking and intellectual infinitesimality, honestly!

Your post is an attestation to the fact that some students passed through school, but their school did not pass through them

If you graduated from Harvard I don't care: but I am proud to say this, honestly!
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by rman: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2015
sammhi:
hypocrite Falana

Shut up!

The hypocrite is you. Election did not favour you and your subject and I can boldly say I know where you from, calling for war and breakup because your party lost at the center. Majority has spoken. If majority wants evil party so be it. The angelic party has made them suffer. Your cronies are being exposed to world who they really are based on facts and their anticidents but all u see is Yoruba people. Tribal Bigot!
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by dbestuncle: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
i have discovered that wen asked to do some dirty job by ur superiors, u ought to b careful. people wu show that they ar fearless n can do n undo in the name of their position n connection has alwaz, i mean alwaz suffer defeat, disgrace n shame. Now the president pronounced the I.G sacked.

not4sure:
Suleiman Abba Esq.
Acting Inspector-General of Police,
Police Headquarters,
Louis Edet House,
Abuja, FCT.

ILLEGAL POLICING OF THE REPUBLIC

Since you were appointed the Acting Inspector-General of Police by the President of the Republic on July 31, 2014 the Nigeria Police Force has been involved in partisan politics to the detriment of law and order in the country. Permit me to draw your attention to three glaring cases of political bias recently displayed by the Police under your leadership.

Firstly, the Osun State governorship election which took place on August 9, 2014 was almost marred by the Police and other security forces which arrested and detained over 700 leaders of the All Progressive Congress (APC). Indeed, some electoral officers who were assumed to be members of the APC were also railroaded to police custody. But for the personal intervention of Professor Attahiru Jega, the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, the said electoral officers would not have been released. Thus, the election would have been disrupted by the police and other security forces whose duty it was to maintain law and order during the democratic exercise. However, the detained APC leaders who were released after the election have not been charged to court for breaching the provisions of the Electoral Act or any other law whatsoever.

Secondly, Mr. Joseph Mbu, the controversial Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 7 of the Nigeria Poilice Force announced a ban any rally demanding for #bringbackourgirls within the federal capital territory. The ban was designed to assuage the feelings of some officials of the Federal Government who are embarrassed by being reminded of their constitutional duty of rescuing the over 200 Chibok girls who were abducted 6 months ago by the nihilist boko haram sect. In a judgment delivered last week, the Federal Capital Territory High Court declared the ban illegal, null and void on the ground that it constituted an infringement of the fundamental rights of the patriotic campaigners to freedom of assembly and expression guaranteed by the Constitution. In spite of the judicial indictment you have not deemed it fit to call Mr. Mbu to order for the reckless abuse of police powers.

Thirdly, you caused the security details of Honourable Aminu Tambuwal, the Speaker of the House of Representatives to be withdrawn last week on the ground that he had decamped from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the APC. As if that was enough, you decided to usurp the judicial powers of the federation which are exclusively vested in the courts by section 6 of the Constitution when you claimed that the Speaker had lost his office and seat as a federal legislator having contravened section 68 (1) (g) of the Constitution. By your illegal pronouncement you disregarded section section 50 (2) (c) thereof which stipulates that the Speaker of the House of Representatives can only be removed by a resolution passed by votes on not less that two thirds majority of the members of the House.

No doubt, your actions and utterances in the circumstance have exposed the Police to unwarranted ridicule as Nigerians are not unaware of the fact that when the Ondo State legislators elected on the platform of the Labour Party (LP) decamped to the PDP last month your office did not declare their seats vacant. In particular, you did not withdraw the security details of Honourable Jumoke Akindele, the Speaker who led her colleagues to dump the LP for the PDP. In the same vein, Honourable Ahmadu Fintiri, the Speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly and his colleagues who decamped from the PDP to the APC and have since returned to PDP. You did not have cause to declare their seats vacant. Neither have you withdrawn the security details of the Honourable Fintiri.

Thus, by subjecting Honourable Aminu Tambuwal to selective persecution on ground that he decamped from the ruling party you violated his fundamental right to freedom from discrimination. As you are no doubt aware, it is a breach of section 42 (1) of the Constitution and Article 2 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights to subject any citizen of Nigeria of a political opinion to disabilities, deprivation and restrictions to which other citizens who hold alternative views or opinions are not made subject. Since the security details of other Speakers who decamped from the APC and LP to the PDP have not been withdrawn those of Honourable Tambuwal were illegally withdrawn. They ought to be restored without any further delay.

From the information at my disposal your harassment of the Speaker was instigated by the Presidency. But having regard to section 215 (3) of the Constitution which enjoins you to carry out the “lawful directions” of the President of the Republic with respect to the maintenance and securing of public safety and public order the actions taken on the Speaker are illegal and unconstitutional in every material particular. Therefore, you should withdraw your pronouncement on the office and seat of Honourable Aminu Tambuwal and advise the ruling party to seek redress in the Federal High Court on the constitutional implications of the defection. Furthermore, unless he is removed by his colleagues in the House of Representatives or by a competent court in the land Honourable Tambuwal remains the Speaker of the House. Neither the Police nor any other agency of the Federal Government can be allowed to resort to self help on the matter.

As law and order in the country cannot be maintained by a compromised Police institution you may want to resign your appointment if you are not prepared to discharge your onerous constitutional responsibilities without fear or favour, affection or ill-will. Before making up your mind may I remind you of the eternal injunction of the Supreme Court in the case of Attorney-General of the Federation v Atiku Abubakar (2007) 10 NWLR (pt 1041) 1 at 183. As the undisguised bias of both the INEC and the Police could not be justified over the illegal removal of the Vice-President for decamping from the ruling party to one of the opposition political parties the apex court held inter alia:

“Having regard to the nature of the function which the Nigeria Police Force also performs, that
body must also insulate itself such that impartiality and fairness may at all times be ascribed to
it. A situation where both of them ( the Inspector-General of Police and the Independent National
Electoral Commission INEC) appeal in the instant case is very much in bad taste.They have both
thrown the quality of impartiality and fairness which they must possess to the winds. Their acts
capable of eroding the public confidence in them. Unknown tob them, they may be said, by the
the public, to be biased and therefore not worthy to be regarded as impartial umpires. This trend
must not repeat itself for the good of the nation.”

Finally, if the trend of subverting the Constitution, the Police Act and the Electoral Act by your good self and other top police offices continues unabated we shall not hesitate to approach the Federal High Court to determine your competence and suitability to superintend and manage the Nigeria Police Force in the public interest.

Yours Sincerely,

Femi Falana SAN.

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=165974
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Fourwinds: 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Conspiracy Theories every where.
Mr. Falana, go and sleep!
if u worship God., what Femi Falana said is d truth. Raise ur head high and don't be bias
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by Fourwinds: 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
tinkinjow:
Dead on arrival.
Unfortunately for Femi Falana, it has emerged (on concrete intelligence) that the IGP was actually working for Buhari. In fact during the governorship elections, teams of police officers and men were despatched from Abuja to Rivers and Akwa Ibom with a directive to help the APC's course.

Look before you leap.
and den APC won in Rivers. who gives IGP orders. see urself. it is clear how empty u are
Re: Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana by 4amorc(m): 2:57am On Apr 24, 2015
Researching a cult is difficult for those already even partially captured by mind control. Mind control cults intend to condition you to a fear of investigating their origins.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rythm Festival Of Arts And Culture Organised By Zahra Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos / At War With Monguno, Aligned With Daura, Lawal Was The Cabal’s Face / Presidential Tribunal Throws Out Inec’s Objection To Atiku’s Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.