Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria (1306 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / How Often Do You Change Your Ringtone / Nigeria National Anthem Ringtone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria by earthrealm(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2006
SEE ME SEE TROUBLE, I CAME ACROSS AN ADVERT IN PUNCH N SUN NEWSPAPERS, WHERE ONE CUD DOWNLOAD RINGTONES 4 N100 [me am i hv a software 4 making ringtones, so i dont normally patronize these kind of ads]
BUT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING 4 THAT PARTICULAR TONE FOR A LONG TIME
NA SO I FALL INTO THEIR TRAP, I MADE THE REQUEST 4 THE TONE BUT INSTEAD OF COLLECTING N100 AS IS THE NORM, THE FOOLS TOOK N800 4RM MY AIRTIME,,,,,N FUNNY THING TOO THEY DIDNT SEND THE RINGTONE!!, I CALLED THEIR SERVICE NOS, BUT IT IS UNAVAILABLE, I ALSO CALLED GLO CUSTOMER CARE, N THEY WERENT OF ANY HELP.SAID THERE IS NUTHIN THEY CAN DO SINCE I DIDNT REQUEST THE TONE DIRECTLY 4RM THEM, [SEEMS FRAUDSTERS HAVE NOW ENTERED THE RINGTONE BIZ IN NAIJA] COS 4RM WHAT THE GLO CUSTOMER CARE GIRL SAID.LOTS OF PEEPS HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING TOO.
THE SITE ADD OF THE RINGTONE PEOPLE IS www.cellulant.net

so guys mek una beware, b/4 u fall victim
Re: Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria by hayprof(m): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2006
INSTEAD OF COLLECTING N100 AS IS THE NORM, THE FOOLS TOOK N800 4RM MY AIRTIME

LOLLLLLLLL! I never really think Nigerians culd believe the rubbish those pple advertise on tv and newspaper.
Cos i knew is stupid of me to give out 100naira to receive a dingtone.
Example :One of my bros had 102naira on his phone. while watching tv heard the advert and was interested in getting the latest. He Immediately requested for one and off 100naira goes, On receiving the 'dingtone' it was just rubbish!!!
He was so pissed cos he has 2naira left on his phone.

So me that dont av money to buy a voucher will now waste my Flashin Credit on One stupid Dingtone? Lai Lai Neva. angry
Re: Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria by kam27(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2006
Help Them out.
Re: Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria by kam27(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2006
Thanks for the advice, but don't you think it will be nice if you guys can start uploading ringtones here and pple with access to this forum can download and share with those around them. From there is starts spreading and pple won't have to buy ringtones frm fraudsters anymore.
Re: Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria by KINGKONG(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2006
Just type this on your phone polyphonicringtonez.com/wap and the n select thousands of free tones, don't mind them they are just milking the mumus of their money,
Re: Beware Ringtone Fraud In Nigeria by hayprof(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2006
but don't you think it will be nice if you guys can start uploading ringtones here and people with access to this forum can download and share with those around them. From there is starts spreading and people won't have to buy ringtones frm fraudsters anymore.

Good Idea! wink
I av got Black Eyed Pes -Pump It For Yah

(1) (Reply)

Lg Viewty Unlocking / I Tried Messmo -i Can Send Sms For Free / For Those Of You That Said Ur Celtel Sim Is Not Working With Opera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.