Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,305 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Top Nigerian Women In Technology - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top Nigerian Women In Technology (38083 Views)

Reasons Nigerians Lack Creativity In Technology / Let Know Our Right In Technology / 8 Movies That Predicted Modern Developments In Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by cao(f): 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Did Dr. Ariyo call for genocide, or was he just in the same state of mind, Franklin Roosevelt was in after pearl harbour, as a prince? And what is wrong in defending the interests of his own people?

Yibhoe naturally like blowing everything out of proportion and that is the primary reason why I have decided to keep rebuking yibhoes till they take wickedness out of their hearts. Yibhoes are wicked.

The doctor never called for genocide of Yibhoes. Those were soundbits from a heated debate the man and a few friends. And he unapologetically declared his support for Oba Akiolu; emphasising why yibhoes need to develop Onitsha before Eko natives have their cup full and start doing what is going on in South Africa. Did he tell a lie, darling? Isn't there a limit to what every human being can take? Where did he call for the killing of yibhoes?
The Japanese attacked the American Naval Base in an act of war, so war was declared. He did not declare a genocide on all Japanese home & abroad, he declared war. Excuse you the Doctor is not the Oba, the doctor made his comments on facebook, the Oba made his comments to the ceremonial Ezes that came for whatever deluded reasons. No one should ever attempt to sway anybody's vote by cursing. You yourself as a self declared Yoruba Prince know how we Nigerians take to curses/oaths/vows, if an Igbo man had said this, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

As a ceremonial head, the Oba should have used his perceived wisdom to state his concerns/opinions without sounding like a headless chicken. If a supporter for a British party had tried that over here, they would have been consequences. With the elections looming closer, swift actions would have been taken to ensure the culprit was punished. Even UKIP (kings of anti-immigration in the UK) will distance themselves quickly, which they've actually done time and time again, when a racist supporter has been publicly called out.

So you can't even attempt to compare the war between two countries, with the staunch tribalism that exists between the people of our own country. The more this tribalism escalates, the more the Igbos in Nigeria will start looking like the Jews in Nazi Germany, if that's what you want, then you've got really dark days ahead of you, honey.

Since you refuse to accept your own irrational hatred, while hiding behind a vail of misguided patriotism to your tribe, I'll leave you be to your vices. Remember hon, when you realise that an oyinbo racist only sees your colour, they sure as hell don't give a damn about your tribe, maybe the more staunch tribal haters might see the light... Again, bye bye LordExecutioner. I'm done derailing this thread as well.

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by ibrokola(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
Your list was making sense until you added Linda Ikeji undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
cao:

The Japanese attacked the American Naval Base in an act of war, so war was declared. He did not declare a genocide on all Japanese home & abroad, he declared war. Excuse you the Doctor is not the Oba, the doctor made his comments on facebook, the Oba made his comments to the ceremonial Ezes that came for whatever deluded reasons. No one should ever attempt to sway anybody's vote by cursing. You yourself as a self declared Yoruba Prince know how we Nigerians take to curses/oaths/vows, if an Igbo man had said this, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

As a ceremonial head, the Oba should have used his perceived wisdom to state his concerns/opinions without sounding like a headless chicken. If a supporter for a British party had tried that over here, they would have been consequences. With the elections looming closer, swift actions would have been taken to ensure the culprit was punished. Even UKIP (kings of anti-immigration in the UK) will distance themselves quickly, which they've actually done time and time again, when a racist supporter has been publicly called out.

So you can't even attempt to compare the war between two countries, with the staunch tribalism that exists between the people of our own country. The more this tribalism escalates, the more the Igbos in Nigeria will start looking like the Jews in Nazi Germany, if that's what you want, then you've got really dark days ahead of you, honey.

Since you refuse to accept your own irrational hatred, while hiding behind a vail of misguided patriotism to your tribe, I'll leave you be to your vices. Remember hon, when you realise that an oyinbo racist only sees your colour, they sure as hell don't give a damn about your tribe, maybe the more staunch tribal haters might see the light... Again, bye bye LordExecutioner. I'm done derailing this thread as well.

He declared war and b-29 finished it with nuclear bombs Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Would you call it genocide since it was a necessity done by Franklin Roosevelt to protect his land after pearl harbour?

Oba said what is best for his land, a Yoruba enclave, and a place rebellious yibhoes with no ownership were trying to rock the boat. In democracy, there is a reason why foreigners without US passports aren't allowed to voted in the US, even if you are a legal migrant. This is becos the interests of the citizens are the priority. Igbo leaders do the same all the time in Igboland; that is why APC has been labeled a Yoruba party and Rochas is called Mallam Rochas. If yibhoes are like that, why are they against Yoruba wanting the same thing? Or is it a case of double standard, and what is goose for yibhoes being something else for other people? You can't eat ur cake and have it. Yibhoe wickedness again.

BNP did more than that, what happened to them?

An oyinbo sees me the same way I see him but that never stopped an oyinbo in Czech Republic from killing an oyinbo from Serbia over land. It didn't stop an oyinbo from Serbia from killing an Oyinbo from Albania over land. Didn't stop an oyinbo from Britain from hating an Oyinbo from Spain over Gibraltar over land. So what is ur point again?

I have an Osu girlfriend, I don't hate yibhoes.

But yibhoes want to kill me. Mouthpiece of yibhoe xenophobia and genocide: http://radiobiafra.co
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Caseless: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmao@Polymath.

I was wondering why you haven't joined in the vile vituperation against Bacanister.
hmmmm...I just don't want to read or see anything written by that feeb. I tried not to attack him, but I couldn't believe he's singing another song (pdp)from what it(apc) used to be...so I find it hard to hold back at times. I have 'vowed' not to mention attack that moniker again, except triggered by his unsual or display of 'un-woven' stupidity. I don't want to join those that give him that give the attention he craves.

I don't like him.... angry
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by MizMyColi(f): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Caseless:
hmmmm...I just don't want to read or see anything written by that feeb. I tried not to attack him, but I couldn't believe he's singing another song (pdp)from what it(apc) used to be...so I find it hard to hold back at times. I have 'vowed' not to mention attack that moniker again, except triggered by his unsual or display of 'un-woven' stupidity. I don't want to join those that give him that give the attention he craves.

I don't like him.... angry
smiley

smileyI respect your feelings in that regard.
I like him shatongue

Just take it easy biko.
I mean, my ideologies when applied to politics might come off as senseless, but then again....this is life.

As much we can, however we can, despite our shortcomings, let's give each other grace.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
Da ever power drunk retrogressive north are never reppin',of course its got nath'n to do with oil n power,so...
Big up,ladies.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Ihuomadinihu: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
woodcook:

Guy you sounded as if those are the only ministerial position in Nigeria. Why not check the list below and stop spreading falsehood.

Professor Chinedu Nebo - Minister of power -

Mohammed Wakil - Minister of State power

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - Minister of Finance

Olusegun Aganga - Minister for Trade and Investment

Mr Bashir Yuguda - Minister of state finance

Deziani Alison-Madueke - Minister of petroleum resources

Dr. Akinwunmi Ayo Adesina - Minister of Agriculture

Hajia Asabe Asmau Ahmed - Minister of State Agriculture

Bala Muhammed - Minister of FCT

Mrs. Olajumoke - Minister of State for FCT

Sanusi Dagash - Minister of works

Mr. Adeyeye - Minister of State, Works.

Dr. Abubakar Olanrewaju Sulaiman - Minister of National planning

Mohammed Adoke - Attorney General and Minister of Justice

Mr Osita Chidoka - Minister of Aviation

Mr. Edem Duke - Minister of culture and tourism;

Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau - Minister of education

Lawrencia Laraba Mallam - Minister of environment

Ambassador Aminu Wali - Minister of Foreign affairs

Prof. (Mrs) Viola Onwuliri - Minister of state Foreign affairs.

Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu - Minister of Health

Dr. Khaliru Alhassan - Minister of state Health

Labaran Maku - Minister of information and communications

Comrade Abba Moro - Minister of Interior

Chukwuemeka Wogu - Minister of Labour and productivity

Arc. Mohammed Musa Sada - Minister of mines and steel development

Dr Stephen Orise Oru - Minister of Niger Delta

Mr. Darius Dickson Ishaku - Minister of State Niger Delta

Gen. Aliyu Gusau - Minister of Defence

Senator Musiliu Obanikoro -Minister of State Defence

Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan - Minister of Police Affairs

Mr. Bulama - Minister of Science and Technology

Senator Idris A.Umar - Minister of Transport

Boni Haruna - Minister of Youth Development

Hajia Zainab Maina - Minister Of Women Affairs

Dr. Tamuno Danagogo - Minister of sport and chairman national sport commission

Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi - Land, Housing and Urban Development

Kabiru Turaki - Minister of Special Duties

Read more: http://www..com/ng/presidency-judiciary-legislative-and-policies/3547-list-of-current-nigerias-ministers.html#ixzz3Y1ni0RWE
Thank you jare!
Some people are just stupid! Who cares about GEJ and who he decides to appoint. At the end of the day,people are looking at qualifications and competence not ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Fulaman198(m): 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:

ICT~ Information and Communication Technology.

ICT is an umbrella term that includes any communication device or application, encompassing: radio, television, cellular phones, computer and network hardware and software, satellite systems and so on, as well as the various services and applications associated with them, such as videoconferencing and distance learning which also includes website management and blogging

ICT has nothing to do with this (that's my field). She is not a Network Engineer, Voice Engineer, Network Analyst, etc etc. The other women though are valid

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Ihuomadinihu: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
I don't understand the shade on Linda Ikeji. In 2015,you cannot talk about technology without mentioning media and communication. The use of technology facilitates the avaliabilty of media contents around the world. Social media and blogs are branches of Information technology. Let someone come and write that Mark Zukerberg is a part of it.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by o434: 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:
Women are often unsung heroes in the advancement of information technology (IT) particularly on the African continent
This is a list of the top women at the helms of authority in the Nigerian technology scene, and who have made a noticeable impact in the development of technology in Nigeria.

Dr. Omobola Johnson

She is a Nigerian technocrat and the pioneer Minister of Communication Technology, a position she acquired following her appointment as part of the transformation Agenda of the Goodluck Jonathan government. She came on board with a wealth of experience and an intimidating resume that has impacted positively on the sector in the last twenty four months. Prior to this, she served as the Country manager for Accenture Nigeria. Born in 1963, she has earned several public commendations since taking up her position and serves as role model to women across Nigeria. This is following the numerous achievements of her ministry notably among which is the launch of the NigComSat-IR Satellite. This has helped to complement the country’s efforts at fibre connectivity and the provision of greater bandwidth.

Evangeline Wiles

Evangeline Wiles is the Managing Director of Nigeria’s leading online marketplace Kaymu.com.ng. Born in the states, she came to Nigeria at a time when e-commerce was picking up momentum. Prior to this, Evangeline worked as a strategy consultant at Bain & Company in South Africa. Evangeline has over six years of experience in private equity/venture capital & investment banking in the US with an MBA from the Wharton Business School. Since assumption of office Evangeline has been at the forefront of driving entrepreneurship in Nigeria, with the creation of several SME initiatives for young entrepreneurs. This has led to her appointment as a Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) goodwill ambassador for her strides in fostering entrepreneurship through technology.

Funke Opeke,

She is an experienced telecommunications executive who founded Main Street Technologies and is the C.E.O. of MainOne. She obtained a degree in Electronics & Electrical Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife in 1981 before she proceeded to New York for a Master’s degree at Columbia University. Prior to that she was the Chief Technical Officer in MTN Nigeria and also served as adviser to Transcorp and Chief Operating Officer of NITEL for a brief period before launching Main Street Technologies in 2007. Since her inception as the M.D, the company has raised over $240 Million to build the pioneer private submarine cable system in West Africa. The 7,000km cable runs from Portugal down to Accra, Ghana and Lagos, Nigeria and is delivering wholesale broadband capacity across several countries in West Africa today. She was also appointed with a LCCI Goodwill Ambassadorship in 2014.

Linda Ikeji,

Linda Ikeji needs no introduction. Her blog is one of the most celebrated blogs in Africa and the one stop portal for information, entertainment and education with over 365,541 visitors daily according to siteprice.org. What started out as a gossip column has become the most important online medium for breaking news, exclusives and human behaviour profiling. Her use of technology has made her a source of inspiration to many young entrepreneurs.

Lola Mahsha

She is the Country Manager of OLX, a position she assumed since 2014.She obtained her PhD in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, where she was also actively involved in student government as the President of the Graduate Assembly, representing over 10,000 graduate students on campus. She moved back to Nigeria after over 10 years in the United States and joined BankPHB as Head of Corporate Strategy. Currently, she holds the highest position at OLX Nigeria.

Juliet Ehimuan

Juliet Ehimuan is Google’s Country Manager, a position she assumed since 2011.
She started her career at Shell Petroleum Development Company as Performance Monitoring and Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Following that, she worked as Program Manager at Microsoft UK for six years, initially managing Strategic Projects for MSN EMEA.
She later became Business Process Manager for the MSN Global Sales and Marketing Organization. A Fellow of the Cambridge Commonwealth Society, Ehimuan has bagged many accolades for her outstanding performance in her field.

Source: http://smileandmobile.com/2015/03/07/top-nigerian-women-in-tech/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Emusmith

Where is Florence Sheriki, the owner of OMATEKComputers on your list?
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by lekwas: 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
Pls include Oreoluwa Somolu-Lesi of W-Tec, an NGO empowering women through Technology

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Desmondkk(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
Proud of Linda for making the list...young mind wit wide inspiration wink
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by kpolli(m): 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Linda Ikeji is regarded as a woman in technology, you women have suffered!

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
Please let's celebrate these ladies without taking sides.
I believe those chanting Linda don't even have a blog of their own.
Blogs and websites also has its technical aspect.

If you all think Linda is a misfit then what about the OLX lady?
They practically do the same thing, which is running a website/blog.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
...some other guys are blaming GEJ for not spoon-feeding them right on their bed as they sleep.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Caseless: 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

smiley

smileyI respect your feelings in that regard.
I like him shatongue

Just take it easy biko.
I mean, my ideologies when applied to politics might come off as senseless, but then again....this is life.

As much we can, however we can, despite our shortcomings, let's give each other grace.
I understand you. The issue is, he's not Jst a progressive- he's a progressive that I, him and 2 others track chicks with cool.

I have people from pdp on this forum who are my friends; I don't have problem with them. We do disagree, but always find a common ground afterwards.

That guy u mentioned is Jst a political prostitute. It is hard to see those you see as your friends turning out to be in the same camp with ur opponents. This is why I don't like him.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by MizMyColi(f): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Caseless:
I understand you. The issue is, he's not Jst a progressive- he's a progressive that I, him and 2 others track chicks with cool.

I have people from pdp on this forum who are my friends; I don't have problem with them. We do disagree, but always find a common ground afterwards.

That guy u mentioned is Jst a political prostitute. It is hard to see those you see as your friends turning out to be in the same camp with ur opponents. This is why I don't like him.

cry cry
You see why I prefer nurturing and taking serious, only friendships that I've built beyond the vestiges of political and religious beliefs.

Well, I know what it feels like.

All the same, I'd like for you to give him and everyone else who may tow this path in the future some measure of grace by lessening the attacks on their person.

If he were anything short of a Choleric/Sanguine mix, he'd have broken down by now.

Words build people, it also tears them down.
No matter how strong.

Biko easy okisskiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by o434: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
You need to add Florence Sheriki to that list. She is the owner of OMATEK Computers
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Caseless: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

cry cry
You see why I prefer nurturing and taking serious, only friendships that I've built beyond the vestiges of political and religious beliefs.

Well, I know what it feels like.

All the same, I'd like for you to give him and everyone else who may tow this path in the future some measure of grace by lessening the attacks on their person.

If he were anything short of a Choleric/Sanguine mix, he'd have broken down by now.

Words build people, it also tears them down.
No matter how strong.

Biko easy okisskiss

it is my fault that I go into r/ship with 'open-heart'. I shouldnt have taken d guy seriously in the first place. We gave him all the support/shield he needed when he joined us from pdp then.

You hardly see him serve his ban completely because we won't let sheun and his mods have peace until he's put free- and he broke our hearts. Do you know why he decamped to pdp? He's short of the qualities u've outlined for him- I mean, he's not that lithified to stand the heat being put towards him. He cries too...this I'm sure of. You can see him struggling to make sense these day cos he's in an incongrous milieu.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by MizMyColi(f): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Caseless:
it is my fault that I go into r/ship with 'open-heart'. I shouldnt have taken d guy seriously in the first place. We gave him all the support/shield he needed when he joined us from pdp then.

You hardly see him serve his ban completely because we won't let sheun and his mods have peace until he's put free- and he broke our hearts. Do you know why he decamped to pdp? He's short of the qualities u've outlined for him- I mean, he's not that lithified to stand the heat being put towards him. He cries too...this I'm sure of. You can see him struggling to make sense these day cos he's in an incongrous milieu.

Lols
How sure are you that he does?

Ever wondered why we as humans, having this very massive capacity to love are so easily given to hate?

I do not seek to vilify him.
Matter of fact, I am an unsolicited social attorney.

I mean, for all we know, he could turn against me tomorrow...
For all we know, he might as well be that double faced political prostitute without any sense of ideals.

For all we know, he might not be.

Y'see, I've learned to offer people forgiveness, even when the world thinks they don't deserve it.
We all need forgiveness....it is fool hardy for one to consider himself better than the other.
All that we are, all that we have, we were given.
For pain inflicted on another (as a vendetta) is pain inflicted on self.

Offer him forgiveness and see how better you become for it.
Please smiley rise above hate.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Caseless: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols
How sure are you that he does?

Ever wondered why we as humans, having this very massive capacity to love are so easily given to hate?

I do not seek to vilify him.
Matter of fact, I am an unsolicited social attorney.

I mean, for all we know, he could turn against me tomorrow...
For all we know, he might as well be that double faced political prostitute without any sense of ideals.

For all we know, he might not be.

Y'see, I've learned to offer people forgiveness, even when the world thinks they don't deserve it.
We all need forgiveness....it is fool hardy for one to consider himself better than the other.
All that we are, all that we have, we were given.
For pain inflicted on another (as a vendetta) is pain inflicted on self.

Offer him forgiveness and see how better you become for it.
Please smiley rise above hate.
at all ooo. I dont want to use such an intemperate word as 'hate' , so I use the term ' I don't like him' in my post. I guess that's why u don't see me throwing bile at him.
Are u sure that guy is not ur bobo? grin
*Winks*
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by MizMyColi(f): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2015
Caseless:
at all ooo. I dont want to use such an intemperate word as 'hate' , so I use the term ' I don't like him' in my post. I guess that's why u don't see me throwing bile at him.
Are u sure that guy is not ur bobo? grin
*Winks*

I don't even have his phone number.
Lmao.

It's strange ey?
Standing up for someone that way.

Well, it comes easily to me.

I believe in going out of my way to do stuff for people without strings being attached.
That to me, is what I term, living the higher life...
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Caseless: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

I don't even have his phone number.
Lmao.

It's strange ey?
Standing up for someone that way.

Well, it comes easily to me.

I believe in going out of my way to do stuff for people without strings being attached.
That to me, is what I term, living the higher life...
hmmm...talking about a quintessence! cool

Well, I told you last time that I could feel this part in your voice.
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by MizMyColi(f): 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
Caseless:
hmmm...talking about a quintessence! cool

Well, I told you last time that I could feel this part in your voice.

smileyI'm honoredsmiley
Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Caseless: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

smileyI'm honoredsmiley
*waves hand*

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Women In Technology by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 11, 2017

Nice one, though a good number of these ladies are into Information System management and not really the core IT stuffs. I know all of them are still IT but I don't think any of them is a programmer or network developer or stuffs like that. Bloggers, for example, don't necessarily need to be well vested in core web development stuffs.

I am not surprised, ladies are good with management, be it technical project management or otherwise. Information system management and project management in general are raising dust of recent especially in foreign universities. So, I am proud of our women! But we need them to get in more and more. I am not a feminist but I appreciate ladies.
bro you have spoken like a true ITguy,all this ladies don't know anything about IT only to manage a software and a company owned and develop by someone's, since when Linda ikeji turn IT person what does she know about web.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) / Kelvin Doe, Sierra Leonean Who Built His Own Radio Station At The Age Of 13 / Uniben Student Builds Touchless Phone From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.