Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC (32769 Views)

Protest In Imo Over Padding Of Votes By APC In Imo Rerun / Rivers Rerun: Inec Declares Results / Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
It's only a foolish person that will go out and vote Rochas.
For me In this election I will vote 4
purposeful leadership and not Rochas a betrayal

My vote this time will be for PDP
let's forget sentiment
Rochas is a failure
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by amnesty7: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
Each of Zaria, Igabi, Sabon Gari, Kaduna North and Kaduna South local govts in my state has more eligible voters than a whole state?! Wonderful.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by fairheven: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
Clerverly:
I said it before! There is no where PDP will win the Governorship election in Imo State!

This is sheer waste of public fund by INEC, in order to give false hope to the Green snake called Iheodioha!

Imo is APC!
And APC is IMO!!

Meanwhile IkpeAzu my Hero! T A Orji My Mentor! PDP Must Win Abia State!
Ipeazu must win your village meeting ba? 'Eri furu efu'
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by presido2e(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
amnesty7:
Each of Zaria, Igabi, Sabon Gari, Kaduna North and Kaduna South local govts in my state has more eligible voters than a whole state?! Wonderful.
Your stupidity have no equal. Its either you don't read the post or you don't understand what you read. I feel so sorry for you
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by millionaireman: 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
iiiyyyk:

My friend pack ur self, u are not Igbo.
And igbos are not losing any thing, In the past govt igbo got many juicy positions, no body bashed others. So my friend politics is rotational. Positions will be rotated thats all.
We are into this mess call nigeria together, go to ogbia Gej LGA people are still drinking the same river water they bath and poo in.

But can it be true that GEJ was president for six years, yet people in his Lga still drink the same water they pooh into? I CANTBILIVE THIS. If true, pity the ignoramuses that make political alliances and struggle for high positions in Nigeria's federal government.

All Imo state needs is a good governor, and things shall be well with the state.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by juanmiguel: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
omolami:
Haba Jega Was it not in Imo state last election that an Inec staff confessed that okorocha and some APC members forced them at gun point to falsefy election reasults in these 20 LGAs in favour of Okorocha. Why is Jega accepting that result? JEGA JEGA JEGA POSPERITY WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU ON THIS AND PREVIOUS MANIPULATIONS. We expect that after that confession the right this is to investigate and cancel such results but Jega has accepted it again to favour APC. God will surely judge you Jega
jst say what you are sure of ok! Can u compare the margin of d results in all the local govts to that of jst Aboh Mbaise alone? Hw do u think a total of 306k votes was got from jst 7 local govts. The 6 wards that were cancelled in Oru East, do u really knw why they were cancelled? Well let me tell u, its because Hope Uzodimma with his thugs forced the inec officials behind closed doors to thumb print on the ballot papers.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by 1009ja: 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
After all the water that passed under the bridge where more people voted than actually registered in PDP stronghold local government area in Imo State.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by GreenCap: 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
"ma o na-ejeje ma o na-alala, Ihedioha ka anyi ga eso."

whether he is declared or not, Ihedioha we will follow.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by amnesty7: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
presido2e:
Your stupidity have no equal. Its either you don't read the post or you don't understand what you read. I feel so sorry for you
grin grin grin Orubebe Junior
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by favourelisha(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
PDP's work on the ground..
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by nwosueugeneken: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Bobby4090:
118,803, AND NOT 144,715 ELIGIBLE FOR IMO RERUN

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said that only 118,803 voters will participate during Saturday’s governorship rerun in Imo State . The commission had earlier declared 144, 715 voters as against the new figure of 118,803.

Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Dr Gabriel Ada disclosed this to newsmen and party agents in Owerri, the state capital yesterday during a briefing over preparation for the election.

Ada added that 200 polling units spread across the 23 Local Government Areas in the state where election have been declared inconclusive would be involved.

Governor Rochas Okorocha , candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) at the April 11 governorship election in the state, polled 385,071 winning in 20 Local Government Areas out of the 27 in the state, while his closest rival, Hon Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), polled 306, 142 , winning only 7 LGAs. A difference of almost 80,000 voters.

LEADERSHIP gathered that the twist in figure might not be unconnected to the outright call for the redeployment of the REC from the state before the election.

http://leadership.ng/news/427596/only-118803-voters-for-imo-rerun-inec
Rochas my amiable governor victory is assured
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by samsard(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Another good news for Rochas and APC.

With a lead of about 80,000 votes, there is no miracle that can make PDP win this one.

Mathematically, Okorocha needs just about 20,000 votes to have an unassailable lead over Ihedioha.

And the fact that there can never be a 100% voters turnout makes Okorocha to need less than 20,000 votes to clinch it.

So, it's checkmate for Ihedioha and PDP in Imo already.

Okorocha has a good future in Nigeria's political terrain.

Modified*
I understand the 108k is the number of registered voters and the number of voters with PVC is actually about 82k. So, why waste resources to conduct this election?
not conducting an election in those places would amount to disenfranchisement.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by PassingShot(m): 5:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
samsard:
not conducting an election in those places would amount to disenfranchisement.

There were many other places that elections were either not conducted or cancelled in the last exercise and yet it didn't amount to disenfranchisement.

As far as the outcome of such election will have no effect on the current result at hand, conducting it is a waste of resources.
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by Kennyfancy(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Another good news for Rochas and APC.

With a lead of about 80,000 votes, there is no miracle that can make PDP win this one.

Mathematically, Okorocha needs just about 20,000 votes to have an unassailable lead over Ihedioha.

And the fact that there can never be a 100% voters turnout makes Okorocha to need less than 20,000 votes to clinch it.

So, it's checkmate for Ihedioha and PDP in Imo already.

Okorocha has a good future in Nigeria's political terrain.

Modified*
I understand the 108k is the number of registered voters and the number of voters with PVC is actually about 82k. So, why waste resources to conduct this election?
u b inec ?
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by GreenCap: 2:08am On Apr 24, 2015
ask him
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by GreenCap: 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Some mathematicians are busy counting figures.
Tomorrow’s election is still an open check.
Haven’t you heard of the term “simple majority” votes.
Believe some of us got admission through supplementary means, not JAMB.
Ihedioha has a chance to be governor.
You guys should understand the electoral geography in Imo.
If it were to be a walkover,
Then why is Mr. A begging for votes.
Mr. B is relaxed and Mr. C travelled.
Can guarantee victory in two-thirds of the cancelled…
I was in body when FEDECO conducted the election of
Sam Mbakwe (NPP/opposition) and Collins Obi (NPN/ruling)
I was in soul when NEC conducted the election of
Evan Enwerem (NRC/winner) and Alex Obi (SDP/runner-up)
I am in spirit when INEC will be announcing…
Re: Only 118,803 Voters For Imo Rerun – INEC by sCun: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2018
swezenberg:
Imo State will rather align with the center with all SE benefits starting from Imo. Imo State should expect development before any Eastern State after all they are the most decorated state from SE
Almost four years later, what did they gain from aligning with the center?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayemi Dances To 'Buga' Song While Celebrating Tinubu’s Victory (Pix, Video) / Grazing: Miyetti Allah Expresses Shock Over South-East Governors' Decision / FG Sacks Usman Gur Mohamme As Managing Director Of TCN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.