Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Obama Half-brother On Drug Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Half-brother On Drug Charge (731 Views)

Court Dismisses Fg’s Request To Extradite Kashamu To US To Face Drug Charge ‎ / Ibo Man Flees Before Sentencing On Drug Charges! / Obama's Half Brother Held On Drug Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Half-brother On Drug Charge by smile4kenn(m): 3:53am On Feb 01, 2009
The Kenyan half-brother of President Barack Obama has been arrested for alleged marijuana possession.
George Obama was arrested in Nairobi with one joint of marijuana, police chief Joshua Omokulongolo said.
"He is not a drug peddler. But it is illegal, it is a banned substance," he said. Mr Obama has denied the allegations.
The US president and George Obama share the same father, but are thought to have only met each other briefly.
George Obama, who is in his 20s, is due in court on Monday.
"They took me from my home," George Obama told reporters in Nairobi from his jail cell. " I don't know why they are charging me."
Kenyan family
Last year, George Obama told Vanity Fair magazine that he had only met his more famous half-brother twice, once when he was five and once when he visited East Africa in 2006.
Of their second meeting, George reportedly said:"It was very brief, we spoke for just a few minutes. It was like meeting a complete stranger."
He has also said that he is studying to be a mechanic and works with a local youth group in Huruma, the area in Nairobi where he lives with his extended family.
He is the youngest of his father's seven children and was born six months after his father died in a car crash in 1982.
Several of the president's Kenyan relatives went to Washington for his inauguration on 20 January, though George Obama did not.
The American president described his half brother as a " handsome, roundheaded boy with a wary gaze" in his book, Dreams From My Father.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7862691.stm
Re: Obama Half-brother On Drug Charge by Hotstepper(f): 4:07am On Feb 01, 2009
wat a pity
Re: Obama Half-brother On Drug Charge by jamace(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2009
Dem don start ba? Anybody or any thing related to Obama is now a celebrity. Make una leave Obama for me, abeg sad.
Re: Obama Half-brother On Drug Charge by idupaul: 9:01am On Feb 01, 2009
funny grin grin the world now knows he smokes weed

(1) (Reply)

Rubuen Abati Must Say Something!!! / Rebranding Nigeria Club / I'm Going Back To My Village Empty, Says Man Who Lost Wife And 2 Kids *death Toll In Lagos Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.