Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment (50189 Views)

Abubakar Audu: Nigerians React To Accusation Of Rape / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / Igbos Picket Dr Ariyo's Office Over Hate Comments - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Texcoco(m): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hakagure:
If dem grab am na your IP we go check first, hard guy for internet. Snatching people up since times imaginary.

Na you go check IP? Goodluck with that....
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Allosaurus: 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Kingscee:
Stay away from weed and red oil soup
ofe mmanu grin

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by eagleeye2: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
Setaje:

Lol. Don't worry. This thing they are starting will not end. They just make sure no igbo man of repute says a hate speech about yorubas. Just watch.
I will even support you, when that Igbo man makes a xenophobic statement.

6 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by greggng: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
My mum is igbo and I am proud of my igbo brothers. For the fact that he has apologised is enough to forgive him. Nigerians are not taking advantage of our diversity but we re busy hating one another. Why then should we cry when south africans re killing us. ?
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
cao:
This appears to be medicine after death. It is now so easy to claim hacking, since it actually does exist and is used rampantly on celebs, but I don't buy his claim of innocence. I believe people should stand for their convictions, even though I might not agree with them, that's freedom of speech for you, it's a double edged sword. Look, you can apologise if you've seen the error of your ways (or if you've been forced too, but that's another story), but don't take an easy way out if you're guilty. His defence reeks of the "some of my friends are black" defence, oyinbos use whenever they've been called out as racists.

EDIT: Coincidentally, I had responded already. LordExecutioner, the fact remains you condoned & applauded his actions. Or according to the accused - his alleged actions. Still does not deny your own irrational hatred of Igbos, regardless of your Igbo girlfriend.

Did you support Achebe when he wrote his xenophobic book 'there was a country'; yes or no?
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by tsdarkside(m): 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
thunder fire america...

igbos dont understand that,the oyinbo are setting them up against their fellow nigerians....

we all went to school together,we all grow up together,,,,how can igbos trust oyinbo,more than us...

my 1st wife,is delta,and she speak igbo...i love her too much....she never say she is igbo,,,she always say,she is delta....why is that...!!¨!!

thunder fire those igbos,trying to create confusion.... angry angry angry
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Lucasbalo(m): 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Setaje:

She is also abroad. If we are to collect things from her old post on social media and start a campaign against her. It would not be a bad idea.
Baby Osisi is just as bad as the doctor she's foaming in the mouth about. She lives a wretched life in Houston and comes on naira land to misrepresent herself. Wonder why she couldn't show her face. She's one of the worst tribal jingoists on naira land. She wants to damage the man and his career before she would be satisfied. Most of the holier than thou critical of the Dr. have their own agendas. What's the essence of death threats and the KKK nonsense people are spewing. The doctor lives in a conceal and carry state and I hope he has FOI card for him and his family protection. I will go to any extent to defend my family.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by waldigit: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ozigbondu:
The guy is a big coward he should stand by and defend his words.All anti igbo bigots always eat their words and claim either hack or misinterpreted.

Remember that yoruba boy that went on twitter and asked for the extermination of Igbo people. When it went viral, he claimed "someone hacked my account".
The yoruba movie producer caught written tribalistic rant also claimed "someone hacked my account".
Their oba claimed "my words were misinterpreted. I was just joking with my friends."

Now this wack of a Dr also claimed "some mischievous person hacked his account."

l
There u go again. Even If the man is covering up does he not deserve a benefit of doubt till the facts are out. I don't want to sound insulting but I think emotional intelligence can be learnt by one who claims to have been to 4 walls. Using the word such as coward etc against a person holding olive branch is very barbaric. Moreso we are africans where mutual respect is highly cherished.
Come to think of it, if the doc had decided to stick to his guns, will the heaven fall. Do you think if he had meant what the claim said about him, 1 billion death treat can deter him? It is good to be able to rule over our emotions

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by cao(f): 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Did you support Achebe when he wrote his xenophobic book 'there was a country'; yes or no?
I honestly have no clue what you're on about...

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by ACM10: 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is a proof that www.nairaland.com is indeed biased. When this story was trending, they deleted every thread that is related to it. Great effort was made to suppress the story. Now that the man at the center of the storm has offered a rebuttal, the story was not only promoted, but moved to the frontpage. Seun, is your action fair?

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by eagleeye2: 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
greggng:
Why then should we cry when south africans re killing us. ?
Exactly.
why do we have to complain when people of other countries attack our country men/women
when at our backyard we are busy hating each other.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Arysexy(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
[s]
Setaje:

Let the man go down. Shebi the igbos are playing victim and acting like their people don't say worse. Have u listened to radio Biafra. Let them continue. All I know is that they should make sure no igbo man of repute says anything bad and incriminating against the yorubas.
[/s]

Nobody stops u from hating, after all FFK, kunle kelani, oba akiolu etc and many other yoruba bigots have been making hateful comments about igbos including the "omo Ibo" rants all over lagos. All these don't bother us, But clamoring for d slaughter of igbos is what We can't keep quite over.

The Rwanda "Kill d cockroaches " hateful comments that culminated in genocide started like this.

U can hate But I won't tolerate call for mass slaughter. I will slaughter u first with petition and all I have

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Setaje(f): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

Nobody stops u from hating, after all FFK, kunle kelani, oba akiolu etc and many other yoruba bigots have been making hateful comments about igbos including the "omo Ibo" rants all over lagos. All these don't bother us, But clamoring for d slaughter of igbos is what We can't keep quite over.

The Rwanda "Kill d cockroaches " hateful comments that culminated in genocide started like this.

U can hate But I won't tolerate call for mass slaughter. I will slaughter u first with petition and all I have

Also make sure igbos worldwide who are doing well don't make such statements. Simple.
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by sufido123: 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
quickly:

what concerns america with nigeria.

Freedom of speech is allowed

Dem don help una find chibok girls ? or give u equipment to fight boko haram?

if war start them go just broadcast am for CNN thats all nothing else

But the truth is

the moment you are acommodating and nice ppl will start taking you for a fool that is what is happening now

Freedom of speech does does not cover incitement to genocide or threats of violence to a group or individual in the U.S. Virginia v. Black, 538 U.S. 343 (2003). Dr Ariyo knows that he can't hide under the freedom of speech balderdash hence the resort to blaming "facricators" whatever that means.

His defense rings hollow and cannot stand. Racist Caucasians usually claim their best friends are Black. Dr. Ariyo borrowed this time tested but ineffective defense by claiming that his best friends are Igbo. Hate has a way to make bigots implode. We are witnessing the unraveling of a hateful professional and his hate forced him to eat his vomit. I don't pity him!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Classicalman(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
you igbo man do your self a big favor ,

quit their churches and stop buying their food .

you were being hated with passion .

the lord said do not associate with group or tribe who called for your blood .

this is insane do not take this with a kid gloves my dear igbo's .

his wishes and command are wishes of every ! .o..ba . cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by shizzleStar: 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
reborn1:

Shizzle, Please be honest. Read the man main post again with open mind and point out where he called for the extermination of the Ibos.
How else do you describe his justification of the obas comment and how he likened the xenophobic attacks and deaths in SA as the fate that awaits Igbos coupled with his eager use of 'slaughter'?.

Tell yourself the truth and condemn what's bad or wrong

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by tsdarkside(m): 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

commmme onnnnnnn...nobody want to kill igbos...but your actions is endangering nigeria...that is fact...

stop putting stvpid hope,on oyinbo-people...their world is nothing.....do you want to be messed-up like them too??

what the hell...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Texcoco(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
cao:

Let us help you,Your boyfriend wants to justify his bigotry to the igbos to you by suggesting that you also support a touching and investigative masterpiece which unfortunately rubbed off him in the wrong way...Ethnically.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by CyberWolf: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
reborn1:

Do you know that i can do the same for you and that guy sunnybobo trying to bring that man down. I know both you guys all data and details plus place of work and can manipulate a post to make you look bad for your employers. You are trying to bring that man down but watch your back cos you have no monopoly of hurting people.

The doc has apologized and you still insist on bringing him down. Think bro.
you can't do anything you this silly ediot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Arysexy(m): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
[s]
LordExecutioner:

[/s]

Quote d page where achebe wrote that. I just finished reading d book the second time yesterday.

Do u even know d meaning of xenophobia?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by dozymars(m): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
What a long sermon.

This is what hate can cause, It can even affect your lucrative career.

Be carefull what you spit out from hateful heart.
Just like the south africans that have soiled their hands and mouth, they will all pay for it one way or the other.

What is the difference between them and ISIS or Bokoharam ?

Learn to Love. God is Love.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
cao:

The late yibhoe novelist Achebe wrote a book 'there was a country' before he passed away. And despite how xenophobic and hateful towards Yoruba the book was, all Yibhoes supported him.

So why do you have a problem with me supporting Dr. Abraham? I'm my brother's keeper just like yibhoes and their herd mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Allosaurus: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
I am Igbo but, despite their hate and tribalism, I think what the Yorubas are saying is true. It's high time we look back to where we come from and see how we develop it in a way that they too will come visiting.
Although, it's true that if Igbos leave Lagos today, both Igbos and Yorubas will have a lot to lose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Classicalman(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
ACM10:
This is a proof that www.nairaland.com is indeed biased. When this story was trending, they deleted every thread that is related to it. Great effort was made to suppress the story. Now that the man at the center of the storm has offered a rebuttal, the story was not only promoted, but moved to the frontpage. Seun, is your action fair?
Igboville promotes Yoruba against every other tribe because its owner is Yoruba. I'm not surprised they tried suppressing the story but thanks to bloggers and facebookers who brought it into the limelight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by shizzleStar: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
Setaje:

Let the man go down. Shebi the igbos are playing victim and acting like their people don't say worse. Have u listened to radio Biafra. Let them continue. All I know is that they should make sure no igbo man of repute says anything bad and incriminating against the yorubas.
a beg just shut up!

All the hate comments by Ffk, Facebook groups and co, you didn't hear those ones abi? mtvheww

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

Quote d page where achebe wrote that. I just finished reading d book the second time yesterday.

Do u even know d meaning of xenophobia?

You can incite xenophobia indirectly.

When Achebe said, 'Awolowo and his Yoruba people killed three million yibhoes' (paraphrasing), that is xenophobia. Prejudice against people from other ethnicity.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu Inadvertently Exposes ‘Money Inducements’ Agenda At Campaign Meeting / Oby Ezekwesili Tweets About Sugabelly(photo) / This Soldier Has Promised N100K To Anybody Who Helps Find His Best Friend.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.