Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,509 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala… And So Did Boko Haram Leader Shekau… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala… And So Did Boko Haram Leader Shekau… (393 Views)

Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Buhari Vows To Crush Pipeline Vandals Like He Did Boko Haram / Buhari And Shekau Fail To Attend TIME 100 Gala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala… And So Did Boko Haram Leader Shekau… by Ordinary9jaGuy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
I couldn’t help laughing hysterically when I saw the headline “Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala” on the popular online news website Sahara Reporters. The first thing that came to my mind was, “So did Shekau the Boko Haram leader” and that didn’t make the front page of any newspaper or news website. Priorities differ and I bet even if Shekau decided to take the trip definitely the headline won’t be reading the earlier mention of the new President-Elect of Nigeria missing the gala but something catchy like “60 fear Dead, 39 unaccounted for and many more injured as Shekau Pays TIME 100 Gala a Visit.

Please don’t mind my crazy mindset but really let’s be fair to ourselves, there are several captions or stories that shouldn’t be on front pages of Newspapers or even featured as top stories on websites. There were several other Nigeria nominees alongside Buhari which are Chimanda Adichie, Oby Ezekwesili and the Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau but I guess their presence or absence at the gala hold little importance. Nigeria is going through a lot at the moment along with the rest of Africa and I don’t think visiting a gala whether organized by America or Americans in recognition of individual personality and exploit irrespective of whatever impact they have on humanity whether Negative or Positive isn’t what is most prior on the mind of any sane leader. Need I mention the present case of Xenophobia in South Africa that is ongoing, or the ever present case of Boko Haram attacks within the regions of Nigeria and WestAfrica, or the endless corruption allegations flying here and there amongst politicians and public office holders and many more. All these are but a few of the many things that Nigeria and Africa are plagued with at the moment and it will take only a resolute, dedicated, exemplary and integrity driven leadership style to make a dent in the already existing corrupt laden style of leadership on ground.

So for the President-Elect to miss out on the free buffet and customized award plaque of recognition that will be handed out at the gala, it means he has his mind set on achieving more than just a dent in the armour of the existing government because I’m sure if the Boko Haram Leader Shekau took time out to make the trip, then I guess his title as a revered Warlord would definitely be contested in his absence.
I pray and hope for a better Nigeria, a Nigeria built on a foundation of truth and brotherhood, a Nigeria that gives hope to the unborn generations and that can only be achieved through a group effort. GOD bless Nigeria, GOD bless Africa and the rest of the World.
Re: Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala… And So Did Boko Haram Leader Shekau… by Opinedecandid(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
Well said, should I say?
Or maybe, well coloured, spiced and tailored to justify the old general's absence.
Re: Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala… And So Did Boko Haram Leader Shekau… by illmatic101(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
So you mean they have something in common grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Attend TIME 100 Gala… And So Did Boko Haram Leader Shekau… by PointB: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
illmatic101:
So you mean they have something in common grin

Could be same person! undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Court Terminated Suits Challenging Buhari's Eligibility / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn –alison-madueke / Buhari Bars/bans AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.