Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Thread For Cisco Networking - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Thread For Cisco Networking (43021 Views)

Where Can One Learn CISCO Networking In Ogun State? / Cisco Networking Devices For Sale *****SOLD***** / Learn Computer Networking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by timiekay: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
Disable the split with this command on the hub's interface that connects yo through spoke:

no ip split-horizon eigrp x
(where x is your autonomous system number )

Techsupport:
Fulaman198. nice work here. i need some help on troubleshooting my MPLS network. I have a hub and spoke setup where i run EIGRP. I need to do a hairpin routing at the hub so i can get to the other spoke routers. the problem is that i encounter traffic drop at the hyb router. I believe that split-horizon is messing up my traffic as EIGRP is a distance vector-routing protocol.
Any advice will be welcomed
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
timiekay:
Disable the split with this command on the hub's interface that connects yo through spoke:

The danger of that is that it could cause a routing loop, but as long as he knows what he's doing it shouldn't be an issue. Does he have a picture of his topology? In addition, what split-horizon is supposed to do is prevent route advertisements going out the same interface more than once in order to prevent routing loops.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by timiekay: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
According to him, he used hub and spoke. so, I believe he must have created subinterfaces on the hub router. with that, there won't be any routing loop as he will only disable split-horizon on the physical interface not on the individual sub interfaces

Fulaman198:

The danger of that is that it could cause a routing loop, but as long as he knows what he's doing it shouldn't be an issue. Does he have a picture of his topology? In addition, what split-horizon is supposed to do is prevent route advertisements going out the same interface more than once in order to prevent routing loops.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
timiekay:

10-4. I did that yesterday. Thanks all the same

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

Fulaman you are absolutly right about the routing loops. however, split-horizon blocks everything coming out the interface it was recieved.
as for causing loops, I have ACLed the spoke routers so they dont talk unless i need them to.

thank to you and timiekay

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by ptoall1000: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Good to see this thread. is there any place i can rent routers ans switch for lab ? im based in Abuja
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 4:40am On Aug 09, 2015
ptoall1000:
Good to see this thread. is there any place i can rent routers ans switch for lab ? im based in Abuja

You could build your own lab with older Catalyst equipment or you can use cisco IOS online and access those devices via SSH. What is your goal man?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by cydophobia(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2015
@ Fulaman
I want to commend you for the great job you are doing here.

I have some questions I want to ask you.Though it has to do with a small business Cisco router(linksys E3200 series).

The router is connected to a Cisco switch (unmanaged) and shared to numbers of pcs
My question is that what could cause lost of internet access randomly on the Pcs

I always power-cycle the router anytime this issue come up .Please what could be done to solve this problem once and for all.

Thank you.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by amarawa: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2015
I just need those devices to have real life practicals. I currently use packet tracer.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
cydophobia:
@ Fulaman
I want to commend you for the great job you are doing here.

I have some questions I want to ask you.Though it has to do with a small business Cisco router(linksys E3200 series).

The router is connected to a Cisco switch (unmanaged) and shared to numbers of pcs
My question is that what could cause lost of internet access randomly on the Pcs

I always power-cycle the router anytime this issue come up .Please what could be done to solve this problem once and for all.

Thank you.
Let me see... this smells like DHCP time out or the ARP cache filling up. when you power cycle that router, you clear the ARP Cache or you reset the DHCP lease time. this is why it returns to normal after every power cycle.
ADVICE: look at the DHCP scope on the router and see if it is sufficient allotated IPs for the PCs. what kind of router do you use. you may want to invest some money in a new router
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
amarawa:
I just need those devices to have real life practicals. I currently use packet tracer.
start with GNS 3..... they are pretty much as real life as it can get
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by cydophobia(m): 5:59am On Aug 12, 2015
Techsupport:

Let me see... this smells like DHCP time out or the ARP cache filling up. when you power cycle that router, you clear the ARP Cache or you reset the DHCP lease time. this is why it returns to normal after every power cycle.
ADVICE: look at the DHCP scope on the router and see if it is sufficient allotated IPs for the PCs. what kind of router do you use. you may want to invest some money in a new router

Thanks for your response.Presently I am using a Cisco linksys E3200 router.

Thank you
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Chikko: 5:33am On Aug 13, 2015
@Fulaman,
Nice thread you have going here. You're really doing a great service for the Networking profession and helping to de-mystify the perception that Cisco Networking is 'hard' which it is not. I have a thread in travel section on some in depth professional Cisco stuff I am doing. This ended up in the travel section due to the fact that I am traveling to SA for a large Enterprise Cisco deployment and wanted to share my deployment experience with fellow N/L Cisco Networkers. If you're interested, please do take a look@

https://www.nairaland.com/2505755/photo-cisco-snr-ntwrk-datacnter#36656151
Hello fellow Nairalanders. I will be headed out to SA in barely a couple of weeks for a Network design Implementation in SA for a client's Enterprise Network extension. I have traveled quite a bit due to the nature of my work, deploying systems in various regions, and wanted to use this opportunity of my deployment in Africa , to chronicle and share my travel experience within the Motherland. I hope to accomplish the following during this trip, with the following caveats,
I will share pictures of my travel, and try to provide a running commentary from departure to Arrival.
I love to eat or try food from different parts of the world that I have visited in the past, if anyone knows what food I should try in SA, reasonable suggestions are welcome.
There will be times that I will be very busy with work and may not provide immediate updates, but I will do my best to provide updates and answer tourist type questions.
No, I will not answer any questions related to details of my work that will violate my professional NDA [Non disclosure agreement]. So please do not ask. Of course, I will be happy to answer questions as it relates to my general travel experiences during this trip, and maybe some general Cisco Networking questions, but not Specific ones directed at my work order task

Some pics of my work:
1. Unboxing Cisco Catalyst4510e Enterprise Switches.
2. Upgrading Cisco XE IOS and loading Enterprise Running and Startup config files.
3. Configured Cat4510e Switches staged and ready for deployment.
sorry, Photos are in travel section under the above heading. No intention to double post or derail, just wanted to share info.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:43am On Aug 13, 2015
Chikko:
@Fulaman,
Nice thread you have going here. You're really doing a great service for the Networking profession and helping to de-mystify the perception that Cisco Networking is 'hard' which it is not. I have a thread in travel section on some in depth professional Cisco stuff I am doing. This ended up in the travel section due to the fact that I am traveling to SA for a large Enterprise Cisco deployment and wanted to share my deployment experience with fellow N/L Cisco Networkers. If you're interested, please do take a look@

Hello fellow Nairalanders. I will be headed out to SA in barely a couple of weeks for a Network design Implementation in SA for a client's Enterprise Network extension. I have traveled quite a bit due to the nature of my work, deploying systems in various regions, and wanted to use this opportunity of my deployment in Africa , to chronicle and share my travel experience within the Motherland. I hope to accomplish the following during this trip, with the following caveats,
I will share pictures of my travel, and try to provide a running commentary from departure to Arrival.
I love to eat or try food from different parts of the world that I have visited in the past, if anyone knows what food I should try in SA, reasonable suggestions are welcome.
There will be times that I will be very busy with work and may not provide immediate updates, but I will do my best to provide updates and answer tourist type questions.
No, I will not answer any questions related to details of my work that will violate my professional NDA [Non disclosure agreement]. So please do not ask. Of course, I will be happy to answer questions as it relates to my general travel experiences during this trip, and maybe some general Cisco Networking questions, but not Specific ones directed at my work order task

Some pics of my work:
2. Upgrading Cisco XE IOS and loading Enterprise Running and Startup config files.
sorry, Photos are in travel section under the above heading. No intention to double post or derail, just wanted to share info.

Nicely done, I will follow it very closely.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
Chikko:
@Fulaman,

Some pics of my work:
following
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by kennylicious: 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
hi, nairalanders, plus I need help on my school project , don't know about cisco networking but due to help of video tutorial, I developed a topology but when running by starting nodes it says, r4 error from server, unable to start Vm instance r4, plus i need help with that cos I transferred the topology from my previous laptop to an upgrade one and it was running perfectly on the previous laptop, with any idea should please email me at kens4real@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Lionhearted: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
Evening house.

Can someone with a complete lack of computer operations other than usage delve into Networking?

If yes, where do one start?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lionhearted:
Evening house.

Can someone with a complete lack of computer operations other than usage delve into Networking?

If yes, where do one start?

Good evening, we all start from somewhere, just remember that. The important thing is that you have the motivation to continue to build yourself up once you start. You can only do that through motivation and a never-ending will to succeed.

I recommend starting with the Basics, start off with A+, then make your way towards Network+, once you are comfortable with A+ and Network, then start working on Cisco CCENT and from there progress to CCNA. If you still have the passion to continue, then go for the CCNP. The sky is your limit.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Lionhearted: 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Good evening, we all start from somewhere, just remember that. The important thing is that you have the motivation to continue to build yourself up once you start. You can only do that through motivation and a never-ending will to succeed.

I recommend starting with the Basics, start off with A+, then make your way towards Network+, once you are comfortable with A+ and Network, then start working on Cisco CCENT and from there progress to CCNA. If you still have the passion to continue, then go for the CCNP. The sky is your limit.

Thanks for your rather exhaustive response.

I will do as you said. Where can I download materials to learn A+?

Your moniker though, it seems familiar from the culture section.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lionhearted:

Thanks for your rather exhaustive response.

I will do as you said. Where can I download materials to learn A+?

Your moniker though, it seems familiar from the culture section.

I am one of the moderators in the culture section. You can find CompTIA A+ materials everywhere online and there is an excellent free video course here:

http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/free-a-plus/

Just Google it, A+ course material is all over the place. What are you studying at school?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Lionhearted: 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

I am one of the moderators in the culture section. You can find CompTIA A+ materials everywhere online and there is an excellent free video course here:

http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/free-a-plus/

Just Google it, A+ course material is all over the place. What are you studying at school?

Ok. Thanks.

Grad with a degree in Applied Geophysics a while back.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by amarawa: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
Where are you based Lighthearted, maybe I can help u with some practicals
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Lionhearted: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
amarawa:
Where are you based Lighthearted, maybe I can help u with some practicals

Am a normad but on a normal day I based in Lagos.

Will sure take you up on the offer to help as soon as I get going.

Thanks so much.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:12am On Sep 19, 2015
Lionhearted:

Am a normad but on a normal day I based in Lagos.

Will sure take you up on the offer to help as soon as I get going.

Thanks so much.

Are you Fulani too cheesy cheesy?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Lionhearted: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Fulaman198:

Are you Fulani too cheesy cheesy?
Not that kind of normad
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Lionhearted:

Not that kind of normad

undecided
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Folarinibrahim1(m): 12:28am On Sep 28, 2015
Lionhearted:

Not that kind of normad
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by baba11(m): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
Fulaman198:
One good thing about Network Engineering and any type of Engineering/Science field is that you never stop learning. It's a continued process as technology is forever changing. There are unlimited things to learn in this very fun and enjoyable field. Yes, it pays well, but you shouldn't be only going into this field for the Salary/pay. That's just an added bonus. You should only do it because you love the material and the field.

Learn, breathe, eat and sleep Network Engineering.
Oga fulaman,I'm preparing mine with Codd lammle's sybex materials. I downloaded it yesterday and was surprised that it is more than 100MB despite the fact that it was compressed.

I hope I'm on the right track by using this materials besides, what's the difference between ccna RNs 640-802 and ccna rns 200-120.

Which one is more robust.I learnt that Cisco has retired the former. cool
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
baba11:

Oga fulaman,I'm preparing mine with Codd lammle's sybex materials. I downloaded it yesterday and was surprised that it is more than 100MB despite the fact that it was compressed.

I hope I'm on the right track by using this materials besides, what's the difference between ccna RNs 640-802 and ccna rns 200-120.

Which one is more robust.I learnt that Cisco has retired the former. cool

CCNA 200-120 is more robust. Some topics discussed on the former CCNP are now discussed on the CCNA.

If you are not familiar with networking much, take the ICND1 100-101 which will give you CCENT certification and then the ICND2 200-101 which will give you the CCNA R&S to reward you for passing the ICND1 and ICND2
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by baba11(m): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

CCNA 200-120 is more robust. Some topics discussed on the former CCNP are now discussed on the CCNA.

If you are not familiar with networking much, take the ICND1 100-101 which will give you CCENT certification and then the ICND2 200-101 which will give you the CCNA R&S to reward you for passing the ICND1 and ICND2
Okay thanks....
... *****mind you, I'm a computer engineer like you ********* cool

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
baba11:

Okay thanks....I'm just want it to formally received recognise through certification... *****mind you, I'm a computer engineer like you ********* cool

You will do fine then smiley

The good thing about hardware and software from a Comp Engineering perspective is that you won't ever get bored. There are always new things to discover.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by excess4luv: 12:30am On Oct 07, 2015
thanks goodness i stumbled on this thread tonight,
@Fulaman, i need your guide. i studied ELECT/ELECT currently serving, just started CCNA class two months ago, plz what is the difference between CISCO academy and other CISCO certified centers for training.
some of the terms i see being mentioned here are so strange to me but am on ACCESS-LINK (topic) but still needs more touch on subnetting plz any material will be helpful to me as i study ahead.
uchenwogu5@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / 21 Amazing Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.