Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Airtel Cheap Labour!!!!!!!!!buhari Stop Contractors Oooooo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Airtel Cheap Labour!!!!!!!!!buhari Stop Contractors Oooooo (871 Views)

Labour Plans Fresh Showdown With 7 Banks / Aero contractors sacks 100 workers Outsourced By Skyborne / Transport Staff Ask Buhari To Probe Dangote, Say He Is Underpaying For Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Cheap Labour!!!!!!!!!buhari Stop Contractors Oooooo by Oinnocent: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2015
Hello People, I would advise anyone seeking a job as a call center agent to go for Etisalat instead of Airtel. I have worked as a call center agent in Airtel now for about 40 months. Airtel call-center job used to be a very good one with a fairly good welfare package. ALL THESE AS CHANGED NOW SINCE THE CALL CENTERS AS BEEN GIVEN TO INDIANS TO MANAGE.
Lagos Call-center (Now managed by Tech-Mahindra)
Abuja and Ibadan Call center (Now managed by Spanco BPO).

Since the indians ("modern slave drivers") has come into play, a lot of bad changes has occured.
1. Salary has been slashed from 74,000 to about 40,000
2. Before you work for 5 days and have 2 days off. Now you work for 6DAYS and have ONLY 1 DAY OFF.
3. Before you logon to pick calls for 7hours 30 mins . Now you logon to pick calls for 8 hours.
4. Before you have 36days leave in a year. Now you have 24 days leave in a year.
5. Before you have 24days sick leave. Now you have only 12 days sick leave.
6. Before you can take 15 days "study leave" in a year. Now study leave has been CANCELLED.
7. Many of us are now using eye glasses due to the prolonged exposure to their UNPROCTECTED computer screens.
8. Few of us has ear-drum damage due to the prolonged use of their headsets.

Please I AM NOT discouraging anybody from applying to Airtel. My greatest advise to anybody who wants to apply is that you should still be looking for a job. The very second you get another job, please run away from them. Indians are not worth working for at all. They are always looking for cheap labour and would over-use you on the job.

I wish all of you best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Cheap Labour!!!!!!!!!buhari Stop Contractors Oooooo by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 24, 2015
My Thoughts exactly . . . I once spoke to a friend and he highlighted some of the above points as Valid. Though i desired to start up a career in communications preferable in call center agent- I love dousing tension and calming Irate folks down so much . . . I would now search for a P.R.O / Customer service Job instead... Lord bless my hustle with a good paying job
Re: Airtel Cheap Labour!!!!!!!!!buhari Stop Contractors Oooooo by smk4life(m): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2015
Pls how do I get to their office in abuja? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy (financial Accounting Manager And Senior Web Administrator) / Are You Ready To Master The Fundamental Of Photography / Steps To A Powerful Digital Marketing Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.