Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs (9666 Views)

Register Now For Drilling Fluids/ Mud Engineering Training Course / Pacific Drilling Jobs On A Drilling Rig / Recruitment:oil Rig Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Royal30: 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hi....please which of the company rigs does your agent hire crews for, although im an engineer on a rig currently. .just curious to know..thanks
onyefin:
Back from duty.
I will update you with an agent I used. But be warned they ate tricky and not sincere but you just have to start from some were to break in.
There name is kiz petroglobal manpower supply . They have no real address or contact place but a hideout in transamadi portharcourt. It's beside weatherford yard in transamadi portharcourt.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Royal30: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
You shd ask before writting wot u dnt know....Even if u graduate as the best student in engineering can never qualify u to be an offshore rig engineer for a start...you must go through at least 2 ranks below (cadetship then motorman or oiler) which will take u not less than 3years to accomplished both., after that u will now be qualify for an engineering Certificate of Competency exam and interview(u will spend like one year before getting this certificate) which will then qualify u to work as an engineer on offshore rig...Even the rig engineers too, we av levels and positions. Your degree means nothing in offshore rigs engineering dept, wot matters most are the offshore professional certificates and experience from beginning. Be guided

Many Roustabout are engineers now even with their Waec abcos they av gotten the relevant offshore professional certificate and acquired lots of experience during that time...

afameeeeee:
Roustabout are guys dat do manual labour jobs on a rig and the requirement is wassce or Neco. A DEGREE holder shouldn't be talking about roustabout job because you under utilizing ur potential? Instead aim for rig engineer or field technician

2 Likes

Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
royal30
You are right on point.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Magnifique(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Is there any opportunity 4 an elect/elect engineering graduate that doesn't have any experience in rig jobs?
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Do some program while hunting.
Hunt for roustabout first.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by cornoil(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Royal30 since u also work on the rig, we would appreciate if u also share the agent's link u use or u know, like the other guy, Engineer Oyefin has done. Thanks.
Royal30:
Hi....please which of the company rigs does your agent hire crews for, although im an engineer on a rig currently. .just curious to know..thanks

1 Like

Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by cornoil(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bros pls can we talk on watsapp? Will appreciate that.
onyefin:
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by cmonek(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
onyefin:
Good day bro, what program can one do to be certified for the roustabout as you recommended? What is the cost for such programs and where can one do that here in Port harcourt? Thanks.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
Safety programs
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by cornoil(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
onyefin:
Safety programs
pls bro, still wanna talk one on one with you.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by 1miccza: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
chudidonas:

I think the application for this programme has closed. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

There's an online training going on you only have to pay for the certificate
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by 1miccza: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
onyefin:

Bros i have GHSE and i am a graduate of Chemical Engineering,how can you help me?
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by diggy4real: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Royal30 post=35528732]Hi....please which of the company rigs does your agent hire crews for, although im an engineer on a rig currently. .just curious to �����������������������������
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Confidence00(m): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2015
Plsss assist me I studied Industrial Chemistry and i have 3 H.S.E Certifications One is in H.S.E Offshore n onshore, anoda in OSHA from America, Anoda in County fire Agency from American too plss help secure a rig or company job tanx..email. confidencembachu@yahoo.com, numba; 08069498552
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by standfit5(m): 12:51am On Oct 11, 2015
Royal30:
Mrs. KIZITO IZIMS
T: 234-080-772728
M: 234-080-35036337
Address: PLOT 40 TRANS -AMADI INDUSTRIAL LAYOUT PORT HARCOURT, PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria [NG]
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by bakynes(m): 10:09am On Oct 11, 2015
I like the way the OP opened up. The Oil and Gas industry is a man-know- Man industry. I have people who didn't study anything close to Engineering working on the rig example is my sister's fiance and me wey get Masters in Petroleum Engineering still looking for job in the industry. OP I will try and call this agent's number @trans Amadi layout I hope he is not a scammer?
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by fils307: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2015
Please i am also interested on the rig job. I studied Chemical Engineering and i have an HSE Certificate with OSHA; Here is my email address: fils607@yahoo.co.uk . Thank you
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by olasmiles: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2015
I really like this thread. oil and gas jobs in Nigeria are more of connections and man-know-man. however professional certificates coupled with one's degree can also help. idpe in lagos and mudschool in ph can help if one can afford the training, though very expensive. some online trainings like OSHA can help too esp if one is eyeing offshore jobs. one can gain the basic understanding about rig operations.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by ahamonyeka(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
onyefin:
I've observed that rig workers are set of employee sourced and recruited secretly. Leaving many intending and interested seekers with less information on how to go about getting one.
Drilling Jobs are one of the most challenging jobs that require strength and experience in addition to trainings depending on the kind position such as:
1. Roustabout
2. Floor hand
3. Derick
4. Mud men
5. Electrician/Chief Electrician
6. Mechanic/Chief Mechanic
7. Medic
8. Safety officer
9. Clerk
10. Drillers/Assistant Driller
11. Tool pusher

Most times third party contractors are involved in sourcing for these workers and further i details shows that this agents have no address and point were applications could be submitted, restricting selections to who you know in the industry.
With the changes in the hydrocarbon industries and government power, new Rigs are expected to commence jobs soon, hence I created this post to initiate posting of these jobs here to help interested applicants get their desired job.

*** Note*** Offshore and Onshore jobs are welcomed.

call for your hiring of mud pump machine used for drilling of boreholes.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
Thanks to those that responded with contact and comments.
lets assist our brothers better their lives especially in these hard time of the oil crises in the world.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Super1759: 12:00am On Nov 19, 2015
I am a corrosion maintenance officer, I blast with sand grid water...I have experiences with safety experience. I have safety certy HSE 1,2,3 OSHA and nebosh. I have certification as a corrosion maintenance too. In case of any opening. Please contact me :nemeze007@yahoo.com.
Regards
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Emempaul(m): 2:46am On Nov 19, 2015
Pls for us in lag we need a phone numba to contact dem
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by tafrica(m): 5:46am On Nov 19, 2015
I've contacted you ever sine you opened this thread, you said you couldn't give the place description because I was living not close to PH, even while I said I would be in PH soon.
Please, I want you to know many will not mind pursuing this opportunity irrespective of the distance, I still appreciate your effort. God bless you.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by petengine(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
pls what are the necessary certifications and skills need to land a drilling engineering job at entry level with no experience?
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Abdujapha(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
onyefin:
Thanks to those that responded with contact and comments.
lets assist our brothers better their lives especially in these hard time of the oil crises in the world.

Greetings bros,
So thoughtful of you to open such a thread. I am a Civil Engineering Graduate with 3years+ in offshore Oilfield Construction/Installation. I have a couple of HSE certs. I also have an Introductory level well control certificate which I sponsored myself due to my dream of getting a job on the rig.
I would have proceeded to undertaking the proper IADC well control course but was advised to get hands on experience on a drilling rig, and I was made to understand I would begin as a roustabout which I am very okay with. This brings me back to the same issue of finding genuine agency/agencies that recruit for drilling rigs.
Bros, I'll really appreciate your recommendations as to getting a drilling rig recruitment agency.
Below is my contact, thanks for your anticipated response.

o**********@gmail.com.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by duduade: 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
I think everyone one running after a rig job should try to diversify to something else cause so many people don't have jobs again... and the fall of crude oil is really bad...
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by engrsyer(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
petengine:
pls what are the necessary certifications and skills need to land a drilling engineering job at entry level with no experience?
Bros, one of the best certification to do if you wants to work in rig especially as a beginner you should go for BOSIET and the least cost for this certification program you would see is #250,000. However it worth it as it would bring assorted kinds of foods on your table.
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Emempaul(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pls ooo. I am just a arc welder without d degrees u all have. All i have is a trade test in welding and fabrication as well as experience with mechanical motos and gears pls can so body help me out cos i since lost my job its bin difficult for me. I dont want to steal or b called a theif. Abeg help me with a job
my contacts are- emempaul1985@gmail.com 08068137724
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Eshiet64(m): 6:01am On Nov 20, 2015
Ops I really appreciate the good work you are doing, it takes one with a kind mind to share relevant Information. Am also interested in rig jobs and I have a degree in chemical engineering but my certificate dos not matter to me now I can begin as a roundabout.
Pls do well to contact me if there are opportunities. Thanks. eshietekong@gmail.com
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by zieraw2005(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks everyone here, I appreciate this platform too. I am a fresh graduate of Environmental Resource Management 2.2

I have good ICT knowledge
But I really want to be Good safty officer. I have worked with zerock construction company Aba as assistant HSE manager but I never had time to visit field, I was only working in the main yard.

Where can I have the first hand training on this and how much?

I will also appreciate volunteer work to enhance my knowledge/skills.

Please everyone direct contact to where I will go and get considered for any of the jobs in rig is appreciated .
Whatsapp 08138681191
Re: Forum For Drilling Rig Jobs by Emempaul(m): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Pls ooo. I am just a arc welder
without d degrees u all have. All
i have is a trade test in welding
and fabrication of stainless plates,tanks,general welding 3 years xperince as well as
experience with mechanical
motos,transfer pumps and gears, pls can so anybody
help me out cos i since lost my
job its bin difficult for me. I
dont want to steal or b called a
theif. Abeg help me with a job
my contacts are-
emempaul1985@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ecobank Online Assessment Test / Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea / Hamilton Lloyd And Associates Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment(9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.