Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! (1468 Views)

I Have Been Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes. Please Help Me Ooooh / Can Fruit Sugar Cause Diabetes? / Lets Talk About Diabetes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by IykeD(m): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2009
I have a friend who urinates too often.She says the interval is not more than 3hrs, and it is giving her serious concern.She is of the view that it could be an infection or hormonary disorder, i think it is diabetes but i am afraid to tell her that,more over, i am not sure.I want expects in the house to comment on this as this is giving her serious concern, moreso she is a very good friend. If it is diabetes, how can it be treated properly.Please i need your contribution.
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by skulachi(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2009
@poster

I like your concern for your friend,  there a lot of symptoms associated with diabetes,  let me know if you see
these symptoms in your friend.

*  The first symptom of diabetes is often excessive thirst (unrelated to exercise, hot weather, or short-term illness)
    * Excessive hunger (you know you've eaten "enough" but are still hungry all the time)
    * Frequent urination (often noticed because you must wake up repeatedly during the night)
    * Tiredness and fatigue (possibly severe enough to make you fall asleep unexpectedly after meals), one of the most common symptoms of diabetes.
    * Rapid and/or sudden weight loss (any dramatic change in weight is a sign to visit a doctor)
    * Blurred vision
    * Dry mouth.

if the above symptoms exist then u cav be sure it is diabetes,  lets just hope it is not.

I hope u do find these information insightful
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by naijaking1: 1:56am On Feb 02, 2009
By the time you wait for all the above symptoms to begin, it's actually too late for your friend. Those symptoms are the textbook lists, and they are not always manifest in every individual and never in that order. Simple blood tests, ordered by your doctor will simply put your mind to rest, or give you an opportunity to manage her condition.
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by IykeD(m): 8:10am On Feb 02, 2009
@skulachi and naijaking
thanks so much for your prompt response.I saw the symptoms listed by skulachi and i became a bit worried for her, she has been complaining of some of them. eg, in the last 2 weeks, it has been eye problems, she complains of very poor eye sight and pains around her lids, tiredness and fatigue have become a "song" for her and ofcourse frequent unrination.She has also said she feels she has lost weight though she's been eating very well.I am afraid to tell her what it is but i think i have to do it so that she can go for a test immediately.Now the question is, is it curable, i mean 100% cure? Thanks a lot!
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by IykeD(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2009
@skulachi, i forgot to add that this friend of mine is addicted to coke and indomie.I know of sugry substances like coke, but what about indomie and the likes.I have always told her to stop her excessive intake of carbonated drinks, she does for a while but goes back fully afterwards.
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by flpdistrib: 9:17am On Feb 02, 2009
i distribute forever living products and we have wonderful products to help prevent or control diabetes.call 08025798501 for more info
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by skulachi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
@lykeD
I am glad that you did find my post helpful, like you said you have to tell her, ,that is the first step and she has to accept her fate and seek a solution to it. there are too type of diabetes and she need to go do a test to know of it is diabetes mellitus or diabetes insipendus , and whatever the case may be, i am here to help. i can recommend for you and your friend what to use.

as for the coke you are very right. soft drinks in general are not healthy because it contains a lot of sugar you know,  i bottle of soft drink contains 8cubes of sugar, colouring materials, excessive gas(phosphoric gas) which is a cutting element in glass,  you need to go to coca cola company and see how these drinks are manufactured,  u will be amazed. she has to drastically limit a taking anything sweet as diabetic cells demand sweet(sugar) foods.

As for indomie,it is sweet depending on the preparation method. the ingredients especially the maggie that comes with them are highly sweet so i can understand her affinity for indomie. she might just not notice it. i love indomie lol but without the maggie.

not that she will always have affinity for sweet food and drinks. it has to be controlled. sugar level is likely going to be high. in orthodox medication diabetics can only be controlled,  using natural means like food supplement can help, that depends on the company used though.

Finally i recommend that you go for forever living products because the products has healing potentials though a forever living distributor will never tell you that because it they do not like to claim curative.the aloe vera gel is a must, if she takes it within the following day she would record tremendous result. that i can guarantee you
Your friend needs:

Forever Aloe Vera Gel
Bee Propolis tab
Artic sea omega 3 (if overweight)
forever Garcinia Plus
Ginkgo Plus
Fields of Green
Forever lite
A Beta Care
forever Garlic-Thyme

If you need any further assistance from me kindly post it here and i will reply u.
Re: Could This Be Diabetes? Please Help! by damola1: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
How is your friend doing now?

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Speed Up Metabolism Overnight! / 2 Easy Ways To Motivate Yourself To Get Rid Of Belly Fat / I Really Wana Gain Weight ...HELP !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.