Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain (4708 Views)

My Challenge In Managing Brand Buhari – Adesina / Adesina In Handshake With King Of Saudi Arabia(pic) / Buhari With His Media Aide, Femi Adesina, In A Lighter Mood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by greghamite: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
By MICHAEL OTABONO

The current Minister for Agriculture, Akinwumi Adesina may be one of the few persons in the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan to retain his position after May 29, ExpressNG can report.

This is just as impeccable sources within the presidency hinted that Adesina and the president-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari had a close doors meeting that last for several hours in an undisclosed venue during the weekend in Abuja.

According to the source, Adesina who is already dubbed as one of the active ministers in the Jonathan’s cabinet has been enjoying a close relationship with the incoming president lately, hence his support for his candidacy as the next president of the African Development Bank.

Gen. Buhari was recently quoted as saying that: “Dr. Adesina has a proven track record in a career that predates his position as Nigeria’s Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development.”

He explained that Adesina had years of experience of working in francophone and anglophone countries, and had a passion to help eradicate poverty in Africa by reducing unemployment and inequality among African youth.

A source confidently informed this reporter that Gen. Buhari has been advised to retain Adesina as one of his ministers owing to his huge experience and intelligence.

Link In...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/04/breaking-buhari-adesina-in-close-doors-meeting-incoming-president-may-retain-agric-minister/

1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Acekidc4(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ok Na!!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by jascon1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Abeg make I buy mary Kay for my babe joor

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by SeverusSnape(m): 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
GEJ my hero, Fayose my role model!!!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
ok
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
What abt his insult to GMB on Twitter
temitemi1:
Buhari my Hero, Fashola my role model
u r daft

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by mcquin(m): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
Seriously if Donald Duke, Frank Nweke Jnr and Fashola, Soludo and Ezekwesili are in that cabinet, Nigerians will forever be grateful. Not forgetting Tunde Bakare.

I don't know but I want to see Femi Kuti in govt. The kuti's have shown a passion for Nigeria, let's see them work it.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Elslim: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
woooow!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Goddex: 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=16pt]Works minister too
need to be retained
[/size]
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by hassan85(m): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
After deleting his mails abi twits insultin d General now adesina in close door meeting! Ofcus he workd i dont opore dt but Pdp are hypocrates. Learn 4m d General.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by nedu2000(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
mcquin:
Seriously if Donald Duke, Frank Nweke Jnr and Fashola, Soludo and Ezekwesili are in that cabinet, Nigerians will forever be grateful. Not forgetting Tunde Bakare.

I don't know but I want to see Femi Kuti in govt. The kuti's have shown a passion for Nigeria, let's see them work it.
freank Nweke jnr?!!shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by stepo707: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
agric sector is doing well so no surprises
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Young03(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
......off to
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by efilefun(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
thats my guy... say no to politics of bitterness... Work with the good ones and jail the bad eggs... let them rot in jail

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Flye: 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Any good thing is welcome, I wish he can call prof Barth Nnaji of ministry of power back.
He did wonders under Gej b4 he was unceremoniously removed and replaced with prof evil spirit.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by minifuworld: 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
Buhari is an honest man!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Flye: 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
Goddex:
need to be retained
[/size]
For where?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
soe:
What abt his insult to GMB on Twitter
u r daft
more like crazy
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by myweb(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
Abeg give me a mainstream sauce before.I van beliebe this news.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by PenSniper: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
mcquin:

Please permit me to say that you are a ttue patriot.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
That means apc knows Gej had got some good techs working for him in various sectors, looking at the way his govt was painted black.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by victoryalldway: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
Three ministers to be retained if buhari is serious Adesina ,agriculture, Aganga,trade & investment and works minister.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by mcquin(m): 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
nedu2000:
freank Nweke jnr?!!shocked shocked

What is wrong with Frank Nweke? He made a good Information minister.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by investnotspend: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Goddan :
need to be retained
[/size]
No be only retain na Retainer
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by sunkoye: 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:
GEJ my hero, Fayose my role model!!!
when Angels and Demons agree on sumtin I pay attention.

SeverusSnape and temitemi....which department of hell did u guys comes from? undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Chigold101(m): 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
Goddex:
need to be retained
[/size]
lolzzzz

Even if Buhari does not retain any minister that worked with GMB, he will continue most of the programmes of this administration.

They knew that GEJ‘s administration are really working but for the sake of wanting to be in Aso Rock, they were saying he was doing nothing.

Soon all of us will hear GMB tell us that he will continue with GEJ‘s policy on:
1. Agriculture
2. Transport
3. Work
4. Petroluem etc
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Goddex:
need to be retained
[/size]
Sorry that won't happen.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
Flye:
Any good thing is welcome, I wish he can call prof Barth Nnaji of ministry of power back.
He did wonders under Gej b4 he was unceremoniously removed and replaced with prof evil spirit.
Hehehehehehehe @professor evil spirit. You are mean oooooo. I think Prof. Barth Nnaji should be recalled; that man is good!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Chigold101(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Demburrows:
That means apc knows Gej had got some good techs working for him in various sectors, looking at the way his govt was painted black.
my brother they know very well. Watch & see how GMB will soon tell us that he will continue with most of GEJ‘s policy.

That is why GMB wants technocrats & not politicians. He knows that tecnocrats will not mess up those policies of this administraion. But politcians will for selfshness & ego destroy the good works of GEJ‘s administration.

APC has no blue print on how to run Nigeria. They will use most of what we are already using today.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Meanwhile....

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
Demburrows:
He had good ministers but the BAD ONES clearly overshadowed the GOOD ONES. Why did he dismiss Prof. Barth Nnaji and left Diezani alone? What of Stella Oduah? It took him time before he dismissed her.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Adesina In Close Doors Meeting, Incoming President May Retain by SeverusSnape(m): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
sunkoye:
when Angels and Demons agree on sumtin I pay attention.

SeverusSnape and temitemi....which department of hell did u guys comes from? undecided
From the accounts department.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Map Of Africa Before Colonization / Labour Party NWC Dispels Alleged INEC Recognition Of Expelled Former Chairman / 2019: Umahi Presents N188.4b Budget To Ebonyi Asembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.