Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain (1205 Views)

Whisper Challenge : Comment Your Birthday And Find Your Birthday Twin! / Twins Marriage! Sets Of Identical Twins Marries Each Other In An All Twin Event / Doctors Find 50-year-old Foetus Unborn Baby Inside 92-year-old Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain by Wheezcarter(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Doctors in Los Angeles, USA, have found an extremely
rare embryonic twin complete with bone, hair and teeth
inside a woman’s skull. Yamini Karanam, 26, from Indiana, sought medical
help last September after she started having
difficulty comprehending things she read and heard.
“If a couple of people were talking in the room, I
wouldn’t understand what was happening. I just didn’t
imagine any of this,” Yamini said. Yamini Karanam found out her ‘tumour’ was actually
her embryonic twin Doctors soon discovered a tumor in her brain. But when she
underwent surgery, the surgeon found something startling.
The tumor was actually a teratoma – the woman’s embryonic
twin that never developed. Surgeons removed the teratoma and Ms Karanam is
expected to make a full recovery in three weeks.
Ms Karanam jokingly said it was her “evil twin sister
who’s been torturing me for the past 26 years”. Her
surgeon, Dr. Hrayr Shahinian, was also surprised when
he found Karanam’s embryonic twin, he said: “This is
my second one, and I’ve probably taken out 7,000 or 8,000
brain tumors. Stories of embryonic twins being found by accident are
certainly unusual, but they’re not unheard of. A parasitic twin (also known as an asymmetrical or
unequal conjoined twin) is the result of the processes that
also produce vanishing twins and conjoined twins, and
may represent a continuum between the two.

Re: Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain by mikaj(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
Cesoss!!!!!! This one strong.
Re: Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nothing wey ear no go hear
Re: Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain by akunjohn(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
Lord of Mercy!!!
Re: Doctors Find ‘evil Twin’ Inside Woman’s Brain by iphanyiuma(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
I nor see anything oo

(1) (Reply)

Barcanista The Cream Of The Crop / Peter Of Psquare Involve In A Moto Accident.. See Pic / Whatsapp Calls Far Cheaper Than GSM Calls In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.