Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN (59661 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by FEAO1985(m): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
We have ourselves to blame for jumping on the south african bandwagon and yearning for their visas.
These dumb inbred hedonistic savages who call themselves south africans dont even speak proper English and neither are they better educated than us.
In my opinion these kunts suffer from an inferiority complex.
Ingratitude and wickedness will be their downfall.
Dont forget every 1 in 5 south africans suffer from hiv/aids and i pray that it spreads to the wicked and wipes them off the face of this earth.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu thanks for the letter. Hope you are not amazed of the reaction from your post. Some of us have been long enough now on this forum to have anticipated this kind of reaction. You have explained it nicely and cleanly so.

Over last couple of days I have been constantly saying that this matter of foreigners in SA is a very complex one...it's not every Tom Dick and Harry that will have a proper understanding of this subject.

Some issues are too complex for certain minds to understand. I wish, sincerely so, that such individuals should refrain from commenting about such matters. The fact that one can login to a discussion forum on the internet doesn't mean they have to contribute to all topics raised. No wonder the insults etc.

Due to the volatility of the situation, a lot more people could have died....so we applaud the way the security forces and the government acted - to swiftly quench the flames. 7 people are dead, but could have been worse. I am talking first hand information here. Not something that is overhyped by media houses.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by poju4real: 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
I think the south africans need to understand that as citizens of this world anyone can choose to live anywhere he or she desires. But in a situation where ur people(SAs) now starts descending on foreigners calls for our(nigeria) and international attention.

Mr SA i think i should let u know that if there is any country in this whole that accommodate foreigners peacefully is NIGERIA, because there are a lot of foreigners here in Nigeria who go about doing there businesses and living peacefully with us and Nigerians are never intimidated with there successes.
I just feel you people(SAs) are being intimidated with the successes of foreigners. My advice is that your people should turn a new live before it get out of hands.

Thank You.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by anigold(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
emmyrichie:
Dear Mr. Xenophobia,

At first I thought your letter was emotionally sensible until I took my time to read through. It is such a huge shame that you lazy people are blaming others for your woes.

You made it look as if all foreigners especially Nigerians who reside in your country are all into illegal/shady businesses... that's a sign of inferiority complex, witchcraft and wizardry, envy etc...

If all these frivolous points of yours are true, why didn't your government not come up with policies to checkmate all the illegal shop owners?

For the record, Nigerians are not running away to your country as postulated by you. The bokoharam menace is only confined to a certain threshold which is very small. Go back and study Geography of Africa and that of Nigeria especially.

Obviously, your people are very lazy and are not employable; else why would most companies/firm/organizations in SA employ Nigerians more than your people? If it's true though.

In the case of skill acquisition, it is glaringly obvious that your people are too lazy to acquire skills to go out and hustle like other foreigners there.

In terms of business or market competition, I'd rather your people should sit down, think and come up with innovative ideas on how to attract customers and climb the ladder of success instead of lagging behind and blaming others for their woes.

By the way, crime cannot thrive in a place without the contribution of indigenes.

If you must know, our GDP is far better than yours, so I wonder where you get this your irrelevant ideas of your economy being better than ours from.

Foreigners are everywhere; your people, Chinese, Americans, Indians, Europeans etc are all thriving well on the Nigerian soil, so feel that your country is that important.

Are you telling me that the 4 foreigners who lost their lives to your demonic xenophobic attacks were criminals? If yes, what was their crimes? Which of your courts convicted/sentenced them to death by mob attack.

Hahahahahaha... How do you expect multinationals to employ people who pronounces Worker as Weka? grin just kidding.

Please you need more education.

Excellent reply to Xenophobic OP..
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Medium04(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
South Africanz are too hostile to Nigerians, Nigerians never mind doing anything to earned a living, we are hard working people. It's now your eyes are opened abi. Considering the huge amount of money sa investment make in Nigeria and they Nigerians working in such company penny nut, God is watching you people. It will be recall South Africa have the highest rape cases in the world. You have to think beyond your noise terrorism is a global thing,

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
youmour:
Nothing concern me with S.A,dem no dey contribute anything to my life,their music and movies are wack,the clothes at shoprite are mass produced piece of trash,i dont even use an MTN sim,i dont watch cable so really S.A can choke on deez nutz

Ask the guy next door what you are missing....whether you do not wish for it or what....SA sets the bar in Africa and others are trying so hard to follow....
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
CristyBEN:

Black South African LABOURERS and white South African engineers... Aren't you ashamed?

Back then....but now things are completely different and you know it....you painful denialist!!
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by irenejtech: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
this guy i am sure his name 'thandolwetu' means idiot. how can you call 7 whole purposeful lives just. had you been one of the three S/A victims it would have been good riddance to bad rubbish. how are we sure that you are not one of the attackers? this man's account on nairaland should be traced by the security agents and he should be called in for drilling. anyway i won't really expect that to happen in a place where the police only "enforces' the law against mine workers. pls mark my use of 'enforces'.
you are too uninformed for you to make any public statement on this. you are not even well grounded in the hapenngs in nigeria.
i'm sure you are uneducated. your brain is incapacited. the same africans that united to war against apartheid are the same people you are killing in a barbaric show of shame.
because of your peoples' laziness to work that is why hiv/aids is thriving there like malaria. go and think of getting some education sop that you wil be employable and useful and stop wasting the lives of those whose contributions your stupid economy cannot do without.

ou kill peope because you are jobless. i wish they hang u this minute sio you know how it feels. our boko haram is a case of terrorism. yours is a cause that i don't see any logical reason for expcept that you people are no better than cannibals.
when you're doen killing them make sure you eat the flesh cause i'm sure can make excuses for that too, that it is because yopu had no jobs and so no food to eat. IDIOT!!!!!!
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

B. Zimbabweans are involved in robberies and car hijackings

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you

Where image of fake story about foreign child attacked by xenophobic mob comes from
http://www.politicsweb.co.za/iservice/rubber-bullet-did-this--daily-sun

Fake photos misrepresent xenophobic violence
http://ewn.co.za/2015/04/17/Fake-photos-misrepresenting-xenophobic-violence

Internet boasts false images of xenophobic violence in South Africa
http://observers.france24.com/content/20150417-south-africa-durban-immigrant-xenophobic-false-photos

This idiots arguing about best economy should see this, u can check it urself on Wikipedia if u didn't know that Nigeria overtook this stupid racial country called SA.

List of African countries
by GDP (nominal)
Gross domestic product (GDP) is the market
value of all final goods and services from a
nation in a given year. Countries in Africa are
sorted by nominal GDP estimates based on
2013 data from the World Economic Outlook
by the International Monetary Fund.' [1]
The figures presented here do not take into
account differences in the cost of living in
different countries, and the results can vary
greatly from one year to another based on
fluctuations in the exchange rates of the
country's currency .[2] Such fluctuations may
change a country's ranking from one year to
the next, even though they often make little
or no difference to the standard of living of
its population. [3] Therefore these figures
should be used with caution.
Some countries/regions may have citizens
that are on average wealthy. These countries/
regions could appear in this list as having a
small GDP. This would be because the
country/region listed has a small population,
and therefore small total economy; the GDP is
calculated as the population times market
value of the goods and services produced per
person in the country. [4]
Comparisons of national wealth are also
frequently made on the basis of purchasing
power parity (PPP), to adjust for differences
in the cost of living in different countries. PPP
largely removes the exchange rate problem,
but has its own drawbacks; it does not reflect
the value of economic output in international
trade , and it also requires more estimation
than nominal GDP. [5] On the whole, PPP per
capita figures are more narrowly spread than
nominal GDP per capita figures. [6]
List
The 2014 estimates are as follows: [7]
Rank Country
GDP
est.
($
billions)
Notes
1 Nigeria 594.257
2 South Africa 341.216
3 Egypt 324.267
4 Algeria 227.802
5 Angola 131.407
6 Morocco 112.552
7 Sudan 70.030
8 Kenya 62.722
Revised
to
$53.40
billion [8]
9 Ethiopia 49.857
10 Libya 49.341
11 Tunisia 49.122
12 Tanzania 36.620
Revised
to
$41.33
billion [9]
13 Ghana 35.475
14 Ivory Coast 33.963
15 DR Congo 32.665
16 Cameroon 32.163
17 Uganda 26.086
Revised
to
$24.69
billion
[10][11]
18 Zambia 25.611
19 Gabon 20.675
20 Mozambique 16.590
21 Botswana 16.304
22 Senegal 15.881
23 Chad 15.841
24 Equatorial
Guinea 15.396
25 Congo 14.114
26 Zimbabwe 13.739
27 Burkina Faso 13.382
28 Mauritius 12.720
29 Mali 12.043
30 Namibia 11.982
31 South Sudan 11.893
32 Madagascar 11.188
33 Benin 9.237
34 Niger 8.290
35 Rwanda 8.002
36 Guinea 6.770
37 Sierra Leone 5.411
38 Togo 4.838
39 Malawi 4.408
40 Mauritania 4.286
41 Eritrea 3.870
42 Swaziland 3.842
43 Burundi 3.037
44 Lesotho 2.458
45 Liberia 2.073
46 Cape Verde 1.975
47 Central
African Republic 1.731
48 Djibouti 1.582
49 Seychelles 1.473
50 Guinea-
Bissau 1.040
51 The Gambia 0.918
52 Comoros 0.722
53 São Tomé
and Príncipe 0.362
54 Somalia
Sahrawi Arab
Democratic
Republic
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
braxjay:
OP,

YOU

ARE

A

FOOL !!!!!!!

Takes one to see one....right?
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by MduZA: 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
ohenhen1:
Black Nigerians built the number one economy in Africa. White South Africans built South Africa. Zulus are savages.

you are dreaming
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
ohenhen1:
Black Nigerians built the number one economy in Africa. White South Africans built South Africa. Zulus are savages.

Would somebody please stop with this number one economy / biggest economy hogwash please.....based on what really?

How can a country be biggest economy in the continent but yet so rundown? I don't understand it.

Please man everybody stop this biggest economy thing....if that were true there would not be long ques all the time at your visa offices people applying to migrate....no man.

It is not helping anything this foolish status. Get things to work first thereafyer you can label yourselves big.

For instance...when SA was still referred to as the biggest, you were not gonna argue differently because everything confirmed it...and still confirms it.....things ought to work first before calling yourself big this big that.

For that mayter
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Rotimi47: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you

Where image of fake story about foreign child attacked by xenophobic mob comes from

http://observers.france24.com/content/20150417-south-africa-durban-immigrant-xenophobic-false-photos

Mumu, and who killed Lucky Dube? A south African! How many Nigerians are employees of Your mtn? 6000! How much is being made & remitted to south Africa? Billions of dollars. You largest investment is outside south Africa are in Nigeria & south Africa's make up 45% of Zimbabwe worker's. You people need to be thought a lesson & I believe it will come sooner or later as there is no place for evil south Africans.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by princessdairies(f): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Vorp:
Only 7 people were killed??Ain't they humans?Am sorry to say,you are nothing but a goat.
Tnk u my broda
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by driand(m): 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our people are not Lazy...SA is the largest econmy in Africa and the most beautiful country because it was built by the hard work of black South african labourers.
what's beautiful about SA I guess you never heard of abuja, or the Lagos that's compared to new York City.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Parolee:

Ask the guy next door what you are missing....whether you do not wish for it or what....SA sets the bar in Africa and others are trying so hard to follow....

Miss what? Abeg go crawl somewhere and kpai,bar ko elegushi nii..i repeat,THERES NOTHING S.A is contributing to my life and others,everything they are boasting of has a better substitute in Nigeria already.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
princessdairies:

Tnk u my broda

No there's no thank u my broda for nothing here.....actually due to the nature of the situation, it could have been far worse than just only seven.

So there u have it. Insult me.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by braxjay(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Parolee:

Takes one to see one....right?

if you want me to notice you, all you had to do was ASK. well, now i see you and to add, your case is hopeless and i can't help you. i won't waste any more words on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by MduZA: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rotimi47:
Mumu, and who killed Lucky Dube? A south African! How many Nigerians are employees of Your mtn? 6000! How much is being made & remitted to south Africa? Billions of dollars. You largest investment is outside south Africa are in Nigeria & south Africa's make up 45% of Zimbabwe worker's. You people need to be thought a lesson & I believe it will come sooner or later as there is no place for evil south Africans.

unfortunately lucky dube was killed by immigrants,two Zimbabweans and one Mozambican...do you see why there is afrophobia in SA?
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
youmour:

Miss what? Abeg go crawl somewhere and kpai,bar ko elegushi nii..i repeat,THERES NOTHING S.A is contributing to my life and others,everything they are boasting of has a better substitute in Nigeria already.

Liar...painful one at that!
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
MduZA:

unfortunately lucky dube was killed by immigrants,two Zimbabweans and one Mozambican...do you see why there is afrophobia in SA?

Educate them my brother.

So there you have it. Let the insults continue.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ofio2011(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
I read this write up objectively and i came to the following conclusions;
1. Truth: yes it is true that the media really over blew the stories of the attach. But I think the media was really trying to create an image of why the act in itself must be vehemently castigated so that such will never happen again.
2. The writer ought to have first apologised of the crime done and not portray an unrepentant view.
3. The writer is wrong to compare terrorism with xenophobia.
4. The writer though accepting that they have there own problems failed to take responsibility of the state of their citizens inherent attitude to work and personal development.
I live in South Africa and I really know what it is for a foreigner to open an account in south Africa not to talk of getting a job. Frankly speaking South Africa has made laws such that it is impossible for foreigners to come and get jobs but foreigners have been very entrepreneurial and this is their crime.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
driand:
what's beautiful about SA I guess you never heard of abuja, or the Lagos that's compared to new York City.

You know very well what's beautiful about SA. You know.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ohenhen1: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
Baddoo01:

This idiots arguing about best economy should see this, u can check it urself on Wikipedia if u didn't know that Nigeria overtook this stupid racial country called SA.

List of African countries
by GDP (nominal)
Gross domestic product (GDP) is the market
value of all final goods and services from a
nation in a given year. Countries in Africa are
sorted by nominal GDP estimates based on
2013 data from the World Economic Outlook
by the International Monetary Fund.' [1]
The figures presented here do not take into
account differences in the cost of living in
different countries, and the results can vary
greatly from one year to another based on
fluctuations in the exchange rates of the
country's currency .[2] Such fluctuations may
change a country's ranking from one year to
the next, even though they often make little
or no difference to the standard of living of
its population. [3] Therefore these figures
should be used with caution.
Some countries/regions may have citizens
that are on average wealthy. These countries/
regions could appear in this list as having a
small GDP. This would be because the
country/region listed has a small population,
and therefore small total economy; the GDP is
calculated as the population times market
value of the goods and services produced per
person in the country. [4]
Comparisons of national wealth are also
frequently made on the basis of purchasing
power parity (PPP), to adjust for differences
in the cost of living in different countries. PPP
largely removes the exchange rate problem,
but has its own drawbacks; it does not reflect
the value of economic output in international
trade , and it also requires more estimation
than nominal GDP. [5] On the whole, PPP per
capita figures are more narrowly spread than
nominal GDP per capita figures. [6]
List
The 2014 estimates are as follows: [7]
Rank Country
GDP
est.
($
billions)
Notes
1 Nigeria 594.257
2 South Africa 341.216
3 Egypt 324.267
4 Algeria 227.802
5 Angola 131.407
6 Morocco 112.552
7 Sudan 70.030
8 Kenya 62.722
Revised
to
$53.40
billion [8]
9 Ethiopia 49.857
10 Libya 49.341
11 Tunisia 49.122
12 Tanzania 36.620
Revised
to
$41.33
billion [9]
13 Ghana 35.475
14 Ivory Coast 33.963
15 DR Congo 32.665
16 Cameroon 32.163
17 Uganda 26.086
Revised
to
$24.69
billion
[10][11]
18 Zambia 25.611
19 Gabon 20.675
20 Mozambique 16.590
21 Botswana 16.304
22 Senegal 15.881
23 Chad 15.841
24 Equatorial
Guinea 15.396
25 Congo 14.114
26 Zimbabwe 13.739
27 Burkina Faso 13.382
28 Mauritius 12.720
29 Mali 12.043
30 Namibia 11.982
31 South Sudan 11.893
32 Madagascar 11.188
33 Benin 9.237
34 Niger 8.290
35 Rwanda 8.002
36 Guinea 6.770
37 Sierra Leone 5.411
38 Togo 4.838
39 Malawi 4.408
40 Mauritania 4.286
41 Eritrea 3.870
42 Swaziland 3.842
43 Burundi 3.037
44 Lesotho 2.458
45 Liberia 2.073
46 Cape Verde 1.975
47 Central
African Republic 1.731
48 Djibouti 1.582
49 Seychelles 1.473
50 Guinea-
Bissau 1.040
51 The Gambia 0.918
52 Comoros 0.722
53 São Tomé
and Príncipe 0.362
54 Somalia
Sahrawi Arab
Democratic
Republic

Egypt will soon overtake them.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
ofio2011:
I read this write up objectively and i came to the following conclusions;
1. Truth: yes it is true that the media really over blew the stories of the attach. But I think the media was really trying to create an image of why the act in itself must be vehemently castigated so that such will never happen again.
2. The writer ought to have first apologised of the crime done and not portray an unrepentant view.
3. The writer is wrong to compare terrorism with xenophobia.
4. The writer though accepting that they have there own problems failed to take responsibility of the state of their citizens inherent attitude to work and personal development.
I live in South Africa and I really know what it is for a foreigner to open an account in south Africa not to talk of getting a job. Frankly speaking South Africa has made laws such that it is impossible for foreigners to come and get jobs but foreigners have been very entrepreneurial and this is their crime.

You started right but almost messed it up at the end....still I think this is one of the better inputs to the topic at hand.

Thank u.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Parolee:

Liar...painful one at that!

Lie say wetin? What do u possibly have to offer me.im not crazed about S.A,heck its been awhile the name crossed my mind.cos darling IDGAF about you and ur kindred

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Parolee: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
ohenhen1:

Egypt will soon overtake them.

If they gonna do things better so be it....but I don't see how Nigeria is said to be biggest economy in Africa for what? When everything in the country negates that assertion?
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Dahjhi: 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
osystein:

those gruesome images are fake, and that child is south african, she was short in a service deilivery protest in january check this link. where that image was sourced from.

Thanks for that insight bro
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Xfactoria: 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
babasoji:

Utter rubbish. You put up a bunch of words together as intelligently as you possibly could and yet, it still reads as utter rubbish.

So because we are fighting Boko Haram, we should shut up about our African brothers being killed, injured, maimed and displaced?

And to your other point about MTN and Shoprite, if you haven't heard, Nigeria brings in about 40% of profits for both entities and while I would never advocate any form of violence but the power of economic boycott would have an impact on both entities. And for the record, the same crimes you accuse other Africans of, MTN and Shoprite are guilty of. They have poor staffing practices, cheat Nigerians of our hard earned money and don't build capacity of our people.

Finally, lol at Shoprite and MTN hiring millions of Nigerians...you might as well have said billions now...donkey

Don't mind the e-diot blood thirsty SA monsters!

Let me add that if Nigeria descends on MTN and Shoprite, no job will be lost. We will simply nationalize them!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by CristyBEN(f): 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Parolee:

Back then....but now things are completely different and you know it....you painful denialist!!

Who be this first class OLODO?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by rkout4luv(m): 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
@Thandolwethu or whatever you called yourself You are just a typical example of an average south African with their low mentality and distorted brain as a result of apartheid and slavery which the black south african still suffer till date. Just like a child that grows up with an abusive father and mother, who is bound to be a depressed child. The distress suffered by black south african in the hands of the minority whites has caused so much damage to all present generation of Black South African that it will take so many generation to breed a black normal and well thinking south African without barbaric tendencies either online or physically in their God forsaken country.

I am a full blooded Nigerian....I have never been to south Africa and I will never see any reason to visit a country of barbaric people. my opinions are based on my studies, research, my contribution while in primary school to the end of apartheid in south Africa. I will just give you these few proven points to educate you about South Africa.

1. The Gap and difference between whites Minority SA and Black SA is like that of Heaven and Earth. even after an end to apartheid. the blacks remain very poor due to lack of education, laziness, their drunkenness. they prefer to live on benefits. no innovative idea, no business idea just leaving like prisoners in hostels and receiving money from government to drink.

2. The minority whites owns more than 80% of both SA land and resources and the clueless black in Government cant see any reason to promote equitable distribution of wealth.

3. Apart from the fact that some Nigerians are in SA doing business and doing very well which should be normal because they are hardworking and very innovative. South african are also in Nigeria but none was ever attacked. why will your barbaric country men keep attacking fellow blacks?

4. Your distress and the distortion of your brain was caused by whites minority and till date you cannot correct that by educating your people, instead you keep blaming foreigners of taking your jobs. its only in south africa that a street tout will be blaming a medical doctor for taking his job.
5. No doubt about it south African is your country and you have all the priority both for education and setting up business, why on earth is it so difficult for your country men to set up business or get themselves educated instead of destroying businesses of hardworking foreigners?

6. For your information, Nigeria is not in any way competing with SA because there is no bases for that.... Nigerian was never in slavery just as SA was and is still is today.

7. Nigeria people are very hardworking with banks and business all over africa........For MTN we have GLO, and other networks. The end of south African Businesses in Nigeria will not affect our economy in any way. we will still remain the number one economy in Africa.

8. Show me a representative of a people and I will tell you the mentality and reasoning of that people........ Just like your fellow black south african people. You have a president dancing naked in the name of tradition, A president who claims he slept with HIV person without getting infected. A president who does not see anything wrong with doing the bidding of the minority whites just because he can enrich himself to mary more wives and get more drunk like every other black south African.

9. south African has never in any way contributed to Nigerian freedom or sponsored any nigerian party in anyway but Nigeria and many other African country have done that for SA.....we supported financially the ANC party.

10. I get so angry when you country men see killing of a fellow human being as nothing ......this is simply because they have no value for life......the same way they were killed during the apartheid has made it normal for them.

11. If foreigners are taking your jobs why are you focusing on only blacks? there are Arabs, Chinese, Indians Europeans etc in your country why cant you touch them as well?

my conclusion is for everyone to bear with SA.....It will take many generation to have a normal and well thinking generation from SA blacks.

Thandolwethu:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by abpotato: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
I can see that u are such an idiot, look if we close mtn forget we wil move on, let me tell u ur own bokoaram is next at ur door so u wil no whatsup dat time. Oboo

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Twenty Indian soldiers Die After Clash With China Along Disputed Border / Alexei Sharov: Ukraine Kills Putin's 15th Commander / Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.