Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria (21671 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / How To Get Recruiters’ Attention When Applying For Jobs By E-mail - Vineck.com / Discover 5 Tips For Selling Yourself When Applying For Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by pastorsmiling(m): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2015
Today i hit 1100 applications for job in Nigeria. What is the wayforward?

This means i have applying for jobs everyday for the past three years
: mathematically,
365 × 3 = 1095

Where do i get it wrong ?

I have a second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online

I have prayed & fasted for 50days this year alone.

I always asked for help from well connected friends.

I follow up all my application sometimes i even cal HR of the company i'm to applying to.

I am an active member of nairaland and i also help my friends in terms of jobs and in the long run they will get job.

I am a staunch christian who has complete trust in God.

I have been to different deliverance programme. what is my problem?

Could it be that my time as not come?

I am simply tired and optimistic.

I take refuge in GOD i leave everything to you and to you alone be all the glory.

Let your will be done in my life

Let me bring my testimony to your children here in nairaland

Let me break this jinx of stagnation and barrier oh Lord

Let people celebrate with me

I BELIEVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

I ALWAYS CRY IN MY CLOSET BUT I WONT STOP THE JOB HUNT

ANOTHER CYCLE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by p2t2r(m): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
This one is strong..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
You need to carry out a rigorous SWOT analysis of yourself brother. The problem is within and around you...

15 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Eggcelent(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmmm. A part of me thinks the OP doesn't really mean this. However, if it is true, then I'll join the person above to say "this one is strong"

9 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
I BELIEVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE that is what you mention above...keep believing in Him,He never fails and He never lie.

what did you study let start from there and let me see how i may help...something is missing 2.1 is overrated stop telling people u made 2.1......GOD BLESS U

IMAG5

4 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
imag5:
I BELIEVE WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE that is what you mention above...keep believing in Him,He never fails and He never lie.

what did you study let start from there and let me see how i may help...something is missing 2.1 is overrated stop telling people u made 2.1......GOD BLESS U

IMAG5
Hello, imag5 smiley smiley
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:
Today i hit 1100 applications for job in Nigeria what is the wayforward?
mathematically,
365 × 3 = 1095

where do i get it wrong ?
I had second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online
I had prayed & fasted for 50days this year alone.
I follow up all my application sometimes i even cal HR of the company i'm to applying to.
I am an active member of nairaland and i also help my friends in terms of jobs and in the long run they will get job.
I am a staunch christian who have complete trust in God.
I simply tired and optimistic.
I take refuge in GOD i leave everything to you and to you alone be all the glory.
I ALWAYS CRY IN MY CLOSEST BUT I WONT STOP THE JOB HUNT

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Here's a Nigerian, suitably qualified and willing to work yet the job is not just there. Some of us are not unemployed but underemployed yet the outgoing administration claim they create millions of jobs every month.
Tuesday and Thursday Guardian is no more for job advert it was known for but now "felicitations" to the robbers of our economy.
There's this thing being a serial applicant does to your psych, one begins to deteriorate becoming less and less competitive by the day that you'll be ready to take just any job on offer. This is the worst way citizen of a country can be treated.
For Nigerians abroad, don't even think of coming home. Fvck patriotism, I wish I had known better not to have too much faith in Nigeria.

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Chigorkizz(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Closetoheart: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
[/quote]

See the part in bold.

I still do not understand why people design their CVs to suit the positions they are applying for.

Why can't you have one and original CV that shows you for who you are.

Another one is that you should have taken up an internship or voluntary job that would help in building your experience.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by missKiffy(f): 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Don't lose hope, it is well

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nostalgia21(m): 2:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
wow. 1100?
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Mobi47(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastor

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by RobinHez(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Wow shocked
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by sweetrace(f): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Op, must you work for someone else? Don't you have skills you can put to some good use? I'm a Christian, but I don't believe in one wasting their time and lives attending deliverances. Where is it recorded in the bible that anyone had to undergo multiple deliverances. Even the case that needed fasting and prayers was sorted out without the multiple sessions. I think you've attended one too many.
The time you spend attending these sessions could have been spent improving your skills or acquiring some. In the 3 years you've spent searching for a job, I sincerely hope you've improved yourself. Lamenting helps nothing. Neither does always being online. Make a fundamental change to take your life to the next level. Remind yourself everyday that you are in it to win it. You are your most valuable asset. Do what you need to do to make it happen! Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Create the mindset that will bring out the Greatness in you. You will not only survive, You will thrive.
Look at your environment and recognize a need that you can fill and make some money. Cnn did a report of a young guy who saw the need for paper bags in his community. With very little money and 0 machinery, he set to work. Today, he is an employer of labor. Another guy with no education harnessed the wind to generate electricity for his community. ALA gave him a scholarship.
Now, all these and more people can do it, why can't you? Please make God proud by thinking outside the box and doing something.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Setaje(f): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Here they go again. Help yourself. Learn something. Do voluntary work. As if they will give u money for transport to go and do voluntary work or they will give u money to learn something. Tsheeeeeeeew.

32 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by xxxoladevoxxx(m): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Closetoheart:

See the part in bold. I am a recruiter, I know a fake CV when I see one.

I still do not understand why people design their CVs to suit the positions they are applying for.

Another one is that you should have taken up an internship or voluntary job that would help in building your experience.

Send your CV to recruitersnest@gmail.com. Remember to include your username in the mail

I think this is the best answer here and also a message to other Job applicants. And why do people still blame the government for lack of Job. You go thru 4 or 5yrs in a University just to wait for government? Im beginning to think Nigerians get creative when they want to do something illegal. Otherwise, get creative and get urself a job, arleast u went to school what bout those that didnt

4 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by njuwo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Your time is coming Pastorsmiling, keep on smiling.

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by xxxoladevoxxx(m): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
Setaje:
Here they go again. Help yourself. Learn something. Do voluntary work. As if they will give u money for transport to go and do voluntary work or they will give u money to learn something. Tsheeeeeeeew.

Not errbody is graced to get that fine white collar job, not errbody is lucky to start from the top. For those that dont get to, u gotta make a sacrifice, volunteer in a place where u skills will be useful. d truth is not errbody will get their dream job as their first job, work ur way up.

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by buoye1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Keep trying bro...Buhari tried for good 4consecutive times before he won!

Just keep on keeping on...

9 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
You all should stop criticizing the op and assist him if you have any leads...What he is trying to say is that he needs a job badly.If only I was in Nigeria I would have done something to assist him,he sounds sincere to me.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by sweetrace(f): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Setaje:

The op said he was always online. There are tons of resources online he can learn from if he is determined. Plus there are NGOs that organize some skill acquisition programs for free.

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
chimkaire:

Hello, imag5 smiley smiley
hi
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by braindamage(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
sweetrace:

The op said he was always online. There are tons of resources online he can learn from if he is determined. Plus there are NGOs that organize some skill acquisition programs for free.
Kindly post a link to these resource materials. Could go a long way to help not just the op but a whole lot who don't know this and would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your concern.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by bodeoni: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is serious. I just have this to say to you, forget everything you know about job hunting and start thinking outside the box, way outside the box. Its not really about the quantity of applications you have sent out, its in the QUALITY.
I hope you get something soon.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by ejiro2130(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ppl come here and talk abt voluntary work, well it depend on the sector u find ur self

Which oil company will take u on voluntary job?? Which Minning company will take u for voluntary job??

U dont have a contract with them, Wat if smtin goes wrong?? These industries are prom to accident how will the explain to ur family u r a voluntary worker??

Tell us Wat u read op, maybe from der ppl can advice u properly.

6 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by kakashi12(m): 6:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Firstly I respect your hustle but I feel u need to do a review. Is that ur not getting invites or ur failing the aptitude tests..if its the test u need to practise harder and get more materials..secondly..if ur passing the tests and failing interviews, then u need to watch videos and read interview materials..I will advice u not to give up sha..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by mathmatica: 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Closetoheart:

See the part in bold. I am a recruiter, I know a fake CV when I see one.

Send your CV to recruitersnest@gmail.com. Remember to include your username in the mail
....Bros,I sent you a message via email, hope you would be kind enough to respond
Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
pastorsmiling:
Today i hit 1100 applications for job in Nigeria what is the wayforward?
mathematically,
365 × 3 = 1095

where do i get it wrong ?
I had second class upper, i always edit my cv to suit position i'm applying for, i am always online
I had prayed & fasted for 50days this year alone.
I am a staunch christian who have complete trust in God.
I simply tired and optimistic.
I ALWAYS CRY IN MY CLOSEST BUT I WONT STOP THE JOB HUNT

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Issorite!
U say u be Pastor shey?

Buh if u don't mind... grin

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by dridowu: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
@op, I have no job to offer u but I know all is well

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria by Closetoheart: 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
mathmatica:
....Bros,I sent you a message via email, hope you would be kind enough to respond

Ok sir. I received lots of mails today. Can you give me ur e-mail address?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Ecobank test and Interview 2012-2013 / Jobs At Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.