Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy (13339 Views)

Urgent; What Are Your Thoughts On Mazda 6? / Are Spares Of This Mazda 6 (2009 model) Available In Naija? / Hmnm... To Buy Or Not To Buy. Mercedes Benz 1988 500 SEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello

I intend to buy a Mazda 6, 2003 model, auto, 4 plugs in a week and I really need to know if this is a good buy as I hardly see the car on Lagos roads. Also, will a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta with same specs be a better buy?

Thanks

cc: siena, lomomike, gazzuzz et other car gurus.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
iamii:
Hello

I intend to buy a Mazda 6, 2003 model, auto, 4 plugs in a week and I really need to know if this is a good buy as I hardly see the car on Lagos roads. Also, will a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta with same specs be a better buy?

Thanks

Not to buy. Don't ask me y.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Could you please say why? I know you said not to ask but I need to know.

Thanks
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by andre82(m): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gazzuzz pls enlighten us y it's a no buy. I've got a friend interested in buying this vehicle. It could save him a whole lot of headaches if we know y. Thanks bro.
GAZZUZZ:

Not to buy. Don't ask me y.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mazda 6 owners? Please could you throw light on your vehicles? It would go a long way.

Thanks a lot

cc: Ikenna351, chucky234
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
iamii:
Mazda 6 owners? Please could you throw light on your vehicles? It would go a long way.

Thanks a lot

Mazda6 is a great car with sophisticated and stylishly sporty build, quick and fuel efficient.
Get the 2003/04 Mazda6 S fitted a 3.0 V6 engine which churns out impressive 220hp flawlessly, great to drive especially when negotiating a bend.
Cheap to maintain and parts are readily available, go get this baby and holla at me for the champaign session.

2 Likes

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by DGD1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
iamii:

Thanks a lot

GAZZUZZ asked you not to buy, he is a mechanic, he must have come across a lot of such cars, my advice is that you look for other car brands or models similar to d mazda6.

NOTE: av not met GUZZUZZ before, but from the response he gives to issues raised, he is good and good at what he does.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
DGD1:

GAZZUZZ asked you not to buy, he is a mechanic, he must have come across a lot of such cars, my advice is that you look for other car brands or models similar to d mazda6.

NOTE: av not met GUZZUZZ before, but from the response he gives to issues raised, he is good and good at what he does.
Guy forget that mechanic ish joor,Mazda6 has always been a great car and has made the list of top 10 best selling cars in both Europe and America in the last few years, there is a reason the 2015 Mazda6 4DR S is top choice in its class.
You have to own one to understand the fact that Mazda6 is so underrated in this part of the world, hope you wont suggest he ditch Maza6 for the bland and soulless junkie called Camry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by DGD1(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
chucky234:
Guy forget that mechanic ish joor,Mazda6 has always been a great car and has made the list of top 10 best selling cars in both Europe and America in the last few years, there is a reason the 2015 Mazda6 4DR S is top choice in its class.
You have to own to understand the fact that Mazda6 is so underrated in this part of the world, hope you wont suggest he ditch Maza6 for the bland and soulless junkie called Camry.

do you realise the ratings you are talking about are brand new cars, millage under 100miles. the op is buying tokunbo...... just saying.
you can yab Camry as u lyk, I own a 1999 Camry since Feb 2010, d car doesn't fail me regular service that is all. got myself 09 Camry also, BT d 1999 still dey.
am not coming here to advertise, what most people need is a car DAT will require little maintenance and it will b up and running.
I can't get myself a German car now, not DAT I don't trip for the luxury, BT am not really ready for the commitment, except am rich enough to buy brand new.
I stand to be corrected, 95% of us who buy fairly used cars and are enjoying it always consult our mechanics before purchase.(if I were Siena/ikenna/GUZZUZZ etc...... I will be my personal mechanic)
* lomomike name was not on the list because he is a contractor, ..... BT his prowess in automobile no b for here
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
DGD1:

do you realise the ratings you are talking about are brand new cars, millage under 100miles. the op is buying tokunbo...... just saying.
you can yab Camry as u lyk, I own a 1999 Camry since Feb 2010, d car doesn't fail me regular service that is all. got myself 09 Camry also, BT d 1999 still dey.
am not coming here to advertise, what most people need is a car DAT will require little maintenance and it will b up and running.
I can't get myself a German car now, not DAT I don't trip for the luxury, BT am not really ready for the commitment, except am rich enough to buy brand new.
I stand to be corrected, 95% of us who buy fairly used cars and are enjoying it always consult our mechanics before purchase.(if I were Siena/ikenna/GUZZUZZ etc...... I will be my personal mechanic)
* lomomike name was not on the list because he is a contractor, ..... BT his prowess in automobile no b for here
How many Mazda3 or Mazda6 have you seen parked on the roadside or in a mechanic's workshop?
Whether brand new or toks Mazda6 is as reliable as any Jap you can think of and offers everything the Camry cannot.
Take your time to read through this review:
www.autotrader.com/research/article/36724/2003---2008-mazda6-used-car-review.jsp
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by DGD1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
chucky234:
How many Mazda3 or Mazda6 have you seen parked on the roadside or in a mechanic's workshop?
Whether brand new or toks Mazda6 is as reliable as any Jap you can think of and offers everything the Camry cannot.
Take your time to read through this review:
www.autotrader.com/research/article/36724/2003---2008-mazda6-used-car-review.jsp

mr chucky234
this your soldier attack form is high, am just stating what I know, at least a lot of Camry are seen in mechanic workshops abandoned, m not a Camry nor Toyota brand ambassador.
we all are trying to help, I like the design of the mazda6 but Mazda has never been my thing, just personal. OP has the final say.
chucky234 I greet you!

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
DGD1:

mr chucky234
this your soldier attack form is high, am just stating what I know, at least a lot of Camry are seen in mechanic workshops abandoned, m not a Camry nor Toyota brand ambassador.
we all are trying to help, I like the design of the mazda6 but Mazda has never been my thing, just personal. OP has the final say.
chucky234 I greet you!
No beef bro, one love.

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by jovids: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
chucky234:
No beef bro, one love.
Please chucky234 is mazda 3 also as good as this mazda 6. Which one is better puting fuel economy and maintenance in consideration. Thanks
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
jovids:

Please chucky234 is mazda 3 also as good as this mazda 6. Which one is better puting fuel economy and maintenance in consideration. Thanks
Both the Mazda3 an Mazda6 are excellent and reliable cars, Mazda3 will give you better deal on fuel but the Mazda6 offer better overall performance an fuel efficiency.
If you are getting the 3 then Mazdaspeed3 (American spec) will do the magic.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by ajujuju: 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
please guys speaking on cars, can anyone truly rate the Honda CRV 2003/2004? i hear it has major compressor issues? whats your advise? good buy or burst?
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by jovids: 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
chucky234:
Both the Mazda3 an Mazda6 are excellent and reliable cars, Mazda3 will give you better deal on fuel but the Mazda6 offer better overall performance an fuel efficiency.
Thanks a lot. What model do you advise? And any idea how much the toks for the speed3 would cost? Budget is N1m.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by jovids: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
chucky234:
Also, are parts readily available?
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
jovids:

Thanks a lot. What model do you advise? And any idea how much the toks for the speed3 would cost? Budget is N1m.
N1m is on the low, with budget of N1.4m I can get you something clean in Cotonou with full duty paid, the BK-2003-2005 will be just ok for you.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
jovids:

Also, are parts readily available?
Parts are everywhere
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
iamii:
Hello

Thanks

Any modern car from Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi is a good buy.

Don't fixate on the model but on the individual car and it's previous maintenance history.

There is actually a version called MazdaSpeed 6 which is turbocharged AWD. Not recommending that one per see but to show that the chassis is a good one, albeit heavily modified.

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
chucky234:
You have to own one to understand the fact that Mazda6 is so underrated in this part of the world, hope you wont suggest he ditch Maza6 for the bland and soulless junkie called Camry.

I would buy a Mazda 6 in a heartbeat. In fact I almost bought one a year ago until I saw my Jetta. Actually almost bought a Mazdaspeed6 some years back until I bought my Mitsubishi Evo.

Mazda makes excellent cars. Many of their products are cult classics. RX7, Rotary pickups, etc, they'v been doing these for a while.

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
CityNG:

I would buy a Mazda 6 in a heartbeat. In fact I almost bought one a year ago until I saw my Jetta. Actually almost bought a Mazdaspeed6 some years back until I bought my Mitsubishi Evo.

Mazda makes excellent cars. Many of their products are cult classics. RX7, Rotary pickups, etc, they'v been doing these for a while.
Mazda cars are so underrated in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
@CityNG Would you then recommend a VW Golf 4, Jetta over a Mazda 3, 6 bearing in mind fuel economy, availability of parts, cost of maintenance, etc.?

Thanks
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
iamii:
@CityNG Would you then recommend a VW Golf 4, Jetta over a Mazda 3, 6 bearing in mind fuel economy, availability of parts, cost of maintenance, etc.?

Thanks

I will defer to people in Nigeria about parts.

All I can say is that those are all good cars to buy.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by elshanAutos: 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
I have one for sale. Overall, its a great car, be rest assured!
https://www.nairaland.com/2125598/mazda-6i-2004
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by elshanAutos: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
DGD1:

This is just a kazeemish mentality, not buying a car simply because Gazzuzz said so? (Not implying Gazzuzz is a kazeem)

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by DGD1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
elshanAutos:

This is just a kazeemish mentality, not buying a car simply because Gazzuzz said so? (Not implying Gazzuzz is a kazeem)

you are free to choose what you believe, but as for me, I'm not an automobile mechanic, I only know few things about cars, I trust my mechanic and he has never failed me once.(am just trying to advice OP)
I have other things to use my time for other than trouble shooting a car.
NOTE: am still a hustler, every second counts.

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
Iv seen 2 mazdas in lagos(mazda6 06), 1 at 140,000kms(actual maileage) serviced with synthetic engine oil since it arrived the country at regular intervals. Presently the engine suffered a low oil pressure and ruined the cam shafts. and the other at 170k kms, serviced regularly but smokes.(White smoke). Both cars were cared for by their nigerian owners in respect to oil changes and basic maintenance.

My first car that earned me the name Gazzuzz was a Mazda 626 1990 model hatch back 1.8liter, was bought in 1995, sold in 2005. It was the only vehicle iv owned that got me to lagos from bauchi (1050km) in 10hrs I went thru 4engines in its lifetime.

Are mazdas fast? Yep. rugged engine
wise? from what iv seen NO.

Body parts for newer mazdas cost an arm and a leg, for toks and brand new.

Would I buy a Mazda 6 or 3 or speed6 in nigeria, no I would not.

My submissions are based on vehicles with resonable actual mileage with faulty engines, it might be a conincidence but I don't buy it.

9 Likes

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your candid opinion. it is greatly appreciated.
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by Coldplay007(f): 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
check edmunds.com consumer review.... seems quite a lot of people are not happy with that car...
Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Iv seen 2 mazdas in lagos(mazda6 06), 1 at 140,000kms(actual maileage) serviced with synthetic engine oil since it arrived the country at regular intervals. Presently the engine suffered a low oil pressure and ruined the cam shafts. and the other at 170k kms, serviced regularly but smokes.(White smoke). Both cars were cared for by their nigerian owners in respect to oil changes and basic maintenance.

My first car that earned me the name Gazzuzz was a Mazda 626 1990 model hatch back 1.8liter, was bought in 1995, sold in 2005. It was the only vehicle iv owned that got me to lagos from bauchi (1050km) in 10hrs I went thru 4engines in its lifetime.

Are mazdas fast? Yep. rugged engine
wise? from what iv seen NO.

Body parts for newer mazdas cost an arm and a leg, for toks and brand new.

Would I buy a Mazda 6 or 3 or speed6 in nigeria, no I would not.

My submissions are based on vehicles with resonable actual mileage with faulty engines, it might be a conincidence but I don't buy it.
Mazda6 and Mazda3 don't have such engine issues, they are fuel efficient and cheap to maintain. The BK and BL are both reliable whether in Nigeria or abroad, the fact that two people you know messed up their engines after hitting 170k KM doesn't mean all Mazda cars are bad, its funny how you drew conclusion based on those scenarios.
You prolly don't know how many Camry I have seen with engine and transmission issues, will that make Camry a no buy car for Nigerians ?

2 Likes

Re: MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy by chucky234(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Coldplay007:
check edmunds.com consumer review.... seems quite a lot of people are not happy with that car...
Audi has one of the worst review on edmuns.com but does that makes Audi cars bad cars?
There are no perfect cars, not even the over hyped Camry and Corolla.
Here is the link to owners ratings, these are people who owns Mazda6 and not hear-say, build quality everyone scored it 5/5, reliability 5/5.
www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/6/reliability

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are White Coloured Cars Cheaper? / Left Handed People And Driving! / Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.