Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? (29973 Views)

Satan Has Offered While GOD Is Pending! So I Made My Choice!! / I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / I Don't Trust God, So I Carry Gun To Church - Catholic Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
It is known nationwide that in the national youth service scheme mobilisation that students that are eligible to go for service after the university must be less than 30 years. Majority of students that graduated are above 30 years and they swore a fabricated affidavit and declaration of age so as to also join to make them young and also join in serving the nation and to enjoy flexing in camp.

Is it right? Must a child of God do this? Many of my aged colleagues also do this and claim is right?

Lets look at God's view as concerning this widely practice age falsification.
PROVERBS 11 VS 1 - a false balance/declaration is abomination to the LORD but a just weight is His delight.
PROVERBS 12 VS 22 - lying lips are abomination to the LORD but they that deal/declare truly are His delight.
COLOSSIANS 3 VS 9 - do not lie to one another because you have put off the old man and his deeds and have put on the new man in Christ.

So God calls this a lie. And there is nothing like a small lie or big lie. All are abomination before the Lord. How can you be 35 years and you go and swear a false oath in the court that you are 28 just to make you go for youth service.

If you have done this or you're guilty of this. REPENT. Swearing a false oath of age will undoubtedly lead you to hell fire. What shall it profit you to enjoy and flex at youth service for one year and then lose your soul in hell. Repent ye liars and deal truly.

Whosoever has and ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by VickyRotex(f): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bless you Op...

So on point...

I'm sure you're gonna save a soul or two, with this...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Noloss(f): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
He tha hath an ear, let hear

3 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

I'M SURE YOU'RE GONNA SAVE A SOUL OR TWO, WITH THIS
james 5 vs 20 - let us know that any body who converts a sinner from the error of his way shall SAVE A SOUL FROM DEATH and shall hide a multitude of sins.
VICKYRotex: bless you o.p. So on point.
thanks dear God bless

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by VickyRotex(f): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
james 5 vs 20 - let us know that any body who converts a sinner from the error of his way shall SAVE A SOUL FROM DEATH and shall hide a multitude of sins.
thanks dear God bless

Yea.. You're welcome...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by BlackGirlsCode: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
I don't believe in hell.

It's funny how Nigerians still believe that there's another hell while leaving in hell.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by onosprince(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Which kine parade be dis na

1 Like

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by kevoh(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Stop taking these silly threads to frontpage!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
If you are too old for NYSC....can't you get a NYSC exemption certificate?

Someone I knew did that.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by clara472: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
no
Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Rilwayne001: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by okooloyun1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Bonapart(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
You're right.... i pray God forgives us

4 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
What I want them to stop and people are reducing their age to go and waste one full year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by ShakurM(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ask urself this question - If Money wasn't involved, would you reduce ur age to go 4 NYSC undecided

5 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by joseph1832(m): 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
It is known nationwide that in the national youth service scheme mobilisation that students that are eligible to go for service after the university must be less than 30 years. Majority of students that graduated are above 30 years and they swore a fabricated affidavit and declaration of age so as to also join to make them young and also join in serving the nation and to enjoy flexing in camp.

Is it right? Must a child of God do this? Many of my aged colleagues also do this and claim is right?

Lets look at God's view as concerning this widely practice age falsification.
PROVERBS 11 VS 1 - a false balance/declaration is abomination to the LORD but a just weight is His delight.
PROVERBS 12 VS 22 - lying lips are abomination to the LORD but they that deal/declare truly are His delight.
COLOSSIANS 3 VS 9 - do not lie to one another because you have put off the old man and his deeds and have put on the new man in Christ.

So God calls this a lie. And there is nothing like a small lie or big lie. All are abomination before the Lord. How can you be 35 years and you go and swear a false oath in the court that you are 28 just to make you go for youth service.

If you have done this or you're guilty of this. REPENT. Swearing a false oath of age will undoubtedly lead you to hell fire. What shall it profit you to enjoy and flex at youth service for one year and then lose your soul in hell. Repent ye liars and deal truly.

Whosoever has and ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people
What about those who reduce their age and forge birth certificate so they can get a job? What happens to their soul?.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by steppin: 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Op,
Tell that to the federal govt who keeps messing up, giving ASUU a reason to strike.
At the end of the day, most students spend 5-6yrs in school instead of 4.
Examination bodies for entrance into Universities should also collect a fair share of driving graduates to forgery, with their poor and inadequate preparation. When exam malpractice is the order of the day, brilliant students find themselves repeating an exam they shouldn't repeat.
So, the op should blame the people in charge first, before blaming these people.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by 20bc(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
some company does not take applicant that didnt go fir nysc..these oeople are just trying to use their God given talent. That aside dont they do screening, cant they distinguish people from their facial appearance?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
And the allowee is nufin to write home abt.. i
Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yes! On point!

1 Like

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Oh.... Op what can iDo nah ...iAam 57 and IAm already at my Nysc camp

Cc my Nysc Kaki

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
We all know to tell lies generally is a sin but sometimes the society encourages it. Jobs are meant to be void of age, race, "state of origin, and sex discrimination but in this part of d world if u don't falsify sometimes u might not get what u want, on d issue of Nysc its NOT compulsory to serve by force, once u are above 30 all u need is Nysc exemption certificate which is d same and also widely accepted by all companies so why disturb yourself to serve by force?

As for the Hell thing, only God knows where we end up when we die

4 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by kinibigdeal(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
I don't believe in hell.

It's funny how Nigerians still believe that there's another hell while leaving in hell.

Pray you don't move from mere hell to worst hell

2 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Bonapart(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
I don't believe in hell.

it won't be long bruh...
Experiencing is believing...
you will soon experience what the Bible refers to as "weeping ang gnashing of teeth"

2 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by Bonapart(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
I don't believe in hell.

it won't be long bruh...
Experiencing is believing...
you will soon experience what the Bible refers to as "weeping and gnashing of teeth"

1 Like

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by sunnywhyt(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
thanks @op

2 Likes

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by godunia(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
we should stop this holier than thou attitude,is there any difference btw reducing your age in order to serve and lying on the phone?lie na lie.op if u have never lied before say may God punish me if i have ever lied...i de wait

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Reduce My Age So I Can Go For NYSC? by themodernman: 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Different strokes...where some peeps are raising theirs to avoid serving.

Dunno why anyone will decide to waste 1yr of his life doing nothing saying he's doing NYSC undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Romance And Kiss People On Movie Set - Mike Bamiloye / Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO / Apostle Agochukwu: ''Nothing Will Happen To The Person Who Refused To Help You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.