Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Grad School In The Us - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Grad School In The Us (1238 Views)

Kwankwaso To Build Another School In Niger Republic / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US / Obtainable Options For A 2:2 Grad In Canada, Us, Uk, And Norway. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grad School In The Us by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2006
I am Seriously considering Grad school in the US. My B.S was in Ife Chemical Engineering what courses do you think would be lucrative after grad sch Pet engr, Chemical Engr, Environmental Engr or what I dont think I want to lecture but to make a lot of money
I wrote GRE and got 740 math and 600 English
which school in particular do you advise in the US
Re: Grad School In The Us by Drn: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2006
That depends on your interest, If cash is a problem , go for a school where you can do an assistantship and forget the Pricey private institutons unless you have a sponsor with plenty of kudi. As for the course to study, go for something you will enjoy then the dough will come in.
You had nice scores in the GRE.
Re: Grad School In The Us by b2dl(f): 2:25am On Sep 14, 2006
hi. anyone kno how i can get a grad schl in d US offering oil and gas (masters). i've tried several times n avnt gotten anything gud. anyone wit useful links or sites shud lemme kno. pls, thx.
Re: Grad School In The Us by mathways(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2006
@b2dl,
Why not post your profile here so we could be able to advise?First of all,you need to write your GRE and TOEFL.Those are basic requirements.For oil and Gas in the states,try the universities in texas.
University of Texas at Austin
University of Texas A&M
Stanford University.
These unis rock in the oil and Gas sector.
@dayokanu
Bravo!!!The scores you got are ok.It can find u a place in nice schools abrod.If you want Petr Engr try the above mentioned universities.How's ur Undegraduate CGPA like,esp in your major?Ur profile will help you receive good suggestions.
Re: Grad School In The Us by LoverBwoy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2006
dayokanu:

I am Seriously considering Grad school in the US. My B.S was in Ife Chemical Engineering what courses do you think would be lucrative after grad sch Pet engr, Chemical Engr, Environmental Engr or what I don't think I want to lecture but to make a lot of moneyI wrote GRE and got 740 math and 600 English
which school in particular do you advise in the US

money first huh ?
Re: Grad School In The Us by promise72(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2007
for oil and gas, all things considered i say you opt for texas a&M. you can get them online at www.tamu.edu. Texas is an oil state (like PH) and the good thing is that they (university) have a lot of businesses in the oil sector that helps out in IT, field trip, jobs etc.

however as with anything, ABILITY TO PAY IS THE ISSUE. YOU WILL HAVE TO CONVINCE THE EMBASSY. that is the sticky point.

Good luck smiley

(1) (Reply)

The First List Is Out Unilorin / Who Need Scholarship? / Unilorin Jamb Cut Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.