Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians (22440 Views)

Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) / How The 4 Nigerians Condemned In Indonesia Will Be Killed / Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by delishpot: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chei, see their lives? May God grant them mercy and set them free from this death trap. May they start new lives when and if they come out and help people who may be desperate and thinking of carrying drugs.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Octaves(m): 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yorubas are caught quite often in the act
chiefinalowo:

We know them, one of them was caught yesterday while trying to smuggle indian hemp to China.
All the same, Indonesian government must free the.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
dridowu:
A foreign embassy official on Friday in Jakarta, said on condition of anonymity that Indonesia has concluded arrangements to execute several foreign drug convicts on Saturday, including four Nigerians.

The official said some diplomats of the countries of the affected convicts have been requested to travel to Nusakambangan, the prison island off Java where the inmates are to be executed.

A government official also said on condition of anonymity that authorities have ordered preparations for the execution of 10 death-row inmates, including two Australians that have been the subject of a high-profile campaign for clemency.

Tony Spontana, spokesman for the Attorney General’s office, confirmed that a letter, issued on Thursday by a deputy attorney general, told prosecutors to “prepare for and carry out the executions.

“It’s not a letter of notification to the convicts”, he said.

He said convicts are typically notified of their executions three days in advance.

Spontana said the 10 inmates would all be executed at the same time.

He said the other drug inmates facing execution are four from Nigeria, and one each from Indonesia, the Philippines and Brazil.

Spontana said one convict, Martin Aderson, first identified by officials as Ghanaian, was actually from Nigeria.

He also said the Attorney General’s office was awaiting a verdict, due Friday, on a case review request filed by the Indonesian convict, Zainal Abidin.

The Australian government has repeatedly asked for clemency on behalf of its nationals Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

Peter Morrisey, a lawyer for the Australian pair, said he was concerned by the letters, as he understood the legal process was not yet over.

“That looks as if the attorney general’s office is determined to press ahead and hustle through.

“That’s the zone we’re in now. We haven’t got the 72-hour knock but that could be imminent’’, he added.

Julian McMahon, another lawyer for the men, said the families of Sukumaran and Chan were travelling to Indonesia, and some members were already there.

Meanwhile, the European Union has criticised Indonesia’s plans to execute the convicts, saying the death penalty was not a solution to the country’s growing drug problem.

A French citizen, Serge Atlaoui, was among the inmates facing the firing squad.

Federica Mogherini, EU Foreign Policy Chief, said the rejections in Indonesia of retrials, including in the case of a French citizen, bring closer the regrettable prospect of further executions.

The governments of the Philippines, France and Brazil have also appealed to Indonesian President Joko Widodo, to show mercy and spare their respective citizens. (dpa/NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/428165/a-foreign-embassy-official-on-friday-in-jakarta-said-on-condition-of-anonymity-that-indonesia-has-concluded-arrangements-to-execute-several-foreign-drug-convicts-on-saturday-including-four-nigerians

HMMM, APART FROM MARIJUANA/IGBO/WEED I CAN NEVER PARTICIPATE IN ANY TYPE OF DRUG. EITHER SELLING OR CONSUMING.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by petermichaels(m): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Wat a pity!! I dnt kno why Nigerians go 2mess up in harsh countries like that. And ders notn we could or would do. So disgusting.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Ralphlauren(m): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
tuoyoojo:
ok
it never fails to amaze me why a person knowing the strict laws against drug trafficking in Indonesia, would still want to risk taking drugs there.

am not trying to be judgemental but is ones life really worth the money one intends to make from this illicit trade

this should serve as a deterrent to others

The rewards are HUGE if and when they are successful. That's why most of them "try their luck" there.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by ShakurM(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
buddydoze:
Omo Igbo funrara e! If this kind person become our president, he'll embezzle all the monies and sell-off the people.
no mind am

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by njuwo(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eh'ya, r.i.p! Rest in prison before the execution.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Ralphlauren(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
PDPwayoo:

HMMM, APART FROM MARIJUANA/IGBO/WEED I CAN NEVER PARTICIPATE IN ANY TYPE OF DRUG. EITHER SELLING OR CONSUMING.

Lol grin

So the ones you've listed are not drugs abi? Put weed in your pocked and let a policeman catch you. Then you can explain to him that it's "not a type of drug".
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by abatically(m): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

I WISH THE FG CAN APPLY STRICT RULES ON THESE HEARTLESS ASIANS. MANY CHINESE AND OTHERS COMMITS VARIOUS CRIMES HERE WITHOUT DEATH SENTENCE BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE IN THEIR COUNTRIES. I DON'T SUPPORT DRUG TRAFFICKING BUT LIFE SENTENCE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

RIP FELLOW COMPATRIOTS, OUR BAD LEADERS FAILED US AND THE FRUSTRATIONS PROBABLY PUSHED MANY LIKE YOU INTO CRIME
cry

What do u mean by heartless Asians? Rules are rules. If u ever been to Malaysia or Indonesia, then u will know before u come down from the plane they clearly announce that drug trafficking warrants death penalty. They even write it clearly at he airport and pamphlets. So why are people bent on going against the rule? U want to traffic drugs? Take it to countries with lesser punishments, not Malaysia or Indonesia.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by kalufelix(m): 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
chiefinalowo:
In as much that I know where the four persons hailed from in Nigeria, I still don't support death penalty.
Indonesian government needs to show mercy.
Say no to illiteracy...
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by LastProphet: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
Billyonaire:
Indonesia could make more money by giving price tag of $10m to each life and letting their countries decide if to pay the sum and get their citizen to come and work for it or forget the person to die. Death Penalty for drug pushing isnt justice

As u go further in life u will realize that it is not always about money, in some climes even here in nigeria money will fail u. Am sad they will be executed but I can bet u I will never do that no matter how poor I am, I will be happier been a poor man because there is nothing wrong with been poor.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
kuuljay:
there is no justification for crime,people started business here in Nigeria with less money it takes to fly to Indonesia and today they are rich.

True talk
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

I WISH THE FG CAN APPLY STRICT RULES ON THESE HEARTLESS ASIANS. MANY CHINESE AND OTHERS COMMITS VARIOUS CRIMES HERE WITHOUT DEATH SENTENCE BUT REVERSE IS THE CASE IN THEIR COUNTRIES. I DON'T SUPPORT DRUG TRAFFICKING BUT LIFE SENTENCE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

RIP FELLOW COMPATRIOTS, OUR BAD LEADERS FAILED US AND THE FRUSTRATIONS PROBABLY PUSHED MANY LIKE YOU INTO CRIME
cry
which good spirit entered your soul today. May that spirit remain with you for the rest of your life.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by nagoma(m): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Billyonaire:
Indonesia could make more money by giving price tag of $10m to each life and letting their countries decide if to pay the sum and get their citizen to come and work for it or forget the person to die. Death Penalty for drug pushing isnt justice

You have not ruled it out in your comment. But I agree that countries seeking for clemency should pay upto $10 million to help Indonesia in rehabilitating their drug addicts.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by tuoyoojo(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ralphlauren:

The rewards are HUGE if and when they are successful. That's why most of them "try their luck" there.

Boss no amount, no matter. How huge is enough to mak one play "kalow kalow" with ones life. I really want to feel sorry for them, but I can't bring myself to
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by kalufelix(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Lol grin

So the ones you've listed are not drugs abi? Put weed in your pocked and let a policeman catch you. Then you can explain to him that it's "not a type of drug".
police ke?
For 9ja
Unless u hav no money on you or you're trying to distribute in certain large quantities when u nva get insurance policy
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Bants(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is dead wrong why should they kill people for drugs what will they do for murder
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by eCollynzo: 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
chiefinalowo:
In as much that I know where the four persons hailed from in Nigeria, I still don't support death penalty.
Indonesian government needs to show mercy.
Google Jamiu Owolabi Abashin, he is one of them
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eyepencil:
Get Rich Or Die Trying!
James Hardley Chase smiley
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
which good spirit entered your soul today. May that spirit remain with you for the rest of your life.

Join me on here. I dey finish biitches on here

https://www.nairaland.com/2274561/sex-first-date-right-wrong/3#33063056
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by MRBrownJ: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
these criminals lived by selling death in countries that have openly said for years that they will kill any drug dealer... so these criminals need to taste their own medicine.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by abatically(m): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bants:
This is dead wrong why should they kill people for drugs what will they do for murder

Foreigners are clearly warned on entrance into these asian countries that penalty for drugs is death. It is written in their laws. The problem is why would a foreigner come into ur country to BREAK ur law? If u can't cope with the law then go somewhere else. Its as impel as that.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Na wetin dem chop kill dem
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Lexusgs430: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
The result of drug trafficking in such countries is death!! You take the risk, it meant you had weighed the consequences prior.
No pity from me !!!

3 Likes

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
What about Nigeria? What are we doing about it?

The Indonesians are not listening.

After all they executed a set of foreigners...including a Brazillian...despite Dilma personally intervening.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by madamoringo(f): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
eCollynzo:
Raheem Agbaje (Jamiu Owolabi Abashin) is one of them, I don't know the rest.
Rest in peace.

They are all Ibos and I doubt they will even RIP. Many of their kins are being arrested now as I speak be it in Indonesia, Saudi Arabia or even South Africa. The few ones that have non Ibo names are most certainly ibos in disguise using other people's names. Example is the guy claiming to be initially Ghanaian. You can disagree but it will never change the fact that some people in Nigeria are known for their propensity and affinity for criminality.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
LAX89:

Don't forget, Buhari made a decree and applied it retroactively on drug dealers, and also executed them in Nigeria.

And many Nigerians regard that as one of the right things he did.

Even one of my relatives....who cannot stand Buhari....thinks that he did the right thing executing those drug dealers....law or no law.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by eCollynzo: 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
madamoringo:

They are all Ibos and I doubt they will even RIP. Many of their kins are being arrested now as I speak be it in Indonesia, Saudi Arabia or even South Africa. The few ones that have non Ibo names are most certainly ibos in disguise using other people's names. Example is the guy claiming to be initially Ghanaian. You can disagree but it will never change the fact that some people in Nigeria are known for their propensity and affinity for criminality.
Jamiu Owolabi Abashin is pure Yoruba.
See his head

Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by kingthreat(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
lawanson44:
And after they kill those people, another of their plane will go missing! Just watch and see.

The country in question is Indonesia not Malaysia.
Re: Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians by LAX89(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And many Nigerians regard that as one of the right things he did.

Even one of my relatives....who cannot stand Buhari....thinks that he did the right thing executing those drug dealers....law or no law.

Fallacious arrant nonsense! Most Nigerians would disagree with you, even Buhari himself doesn't believe he did the right thing then. In his CNN interview with Christiane Amanpour, on February 11th, Buhari himself pleaded with people NOT to judge him by his actions back then, so the only people that will agree with those actions will be boko haram animals and other sharia law advocates and sympathisers.

You said "law or no law", well, that is not how a civilized society operate. Millions of Nigerians stand in line at embassies of civilized countries every year, to beg for a visa to travel to these civilized countries, WHY? Nigerians need to decide if they want a barbaric or a civilized country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Dies In Front Of PHEDC In Calabar (pics) / Police Arraign Fulani Herdsman In Makurdi Court (Photos) / Fiona Onasanya To Be Sentenced With Brother, After Lying To Police In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.