Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! (590 Views)

2017 Budget: No Increase In Salary For Government Workers Next Year / Osun State Allocation For February Is N6M / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
I have always supported the removal of fuel subsidy. But can we pull through this year without an increase in pump price? I might start considering adjusting my budget!

Adesuwa Tsan And Edegbe Odemwingie

The House of Representatives yesterday approved N4.493 trillion as 2015 budget with an increase of N135.4 billion from the N4,357,960 trillion proposed by the executive in November 2014.

However, no provision was made in the approved 2015 Appropriation Act for fuel subsidy. However, a reduced amount of N21 billion was provided for the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P).

The National Assembly also slashed its own budget by N30billion as it reduced its allocation from N150billion to N120billion.

The 2015 budget passage followed the consideration of the budget report laid on the floor on Wednesday by the chairman of the House Committee on Appropriation, John Enoh

Source:http://leadership.ng/news/428082/budget-2015-reps-give-zero-allocation-to-fuel-subsidy
Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by shakazuldadon: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
if true
Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by jascon1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Is bullsheet Na. GEJ u suda revived our refineries.
Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
I have started making serious considerations ooo. .....
Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
Is bullsheet Na. GEJ u suda revived our refineries.

I don't understand at all..
Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by jascon1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
dearpreye:

I don't understand at all..
Preye listen, the removal of subsidy was the first reason why GEJ disconnected from the masses. Removal of subsidy will cause an increase in the prices of PMS which will again hurt the masses. If our refineries were functional we wouldn't have the need to export our crude to be refined and then reimported. That process of transporting and processing is what causes the hikes in the products. Therefore, our refineries should have been revived before removal of subsidy
Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
Preye listen, the removal of subsidy was the first reason why GEJ disconnected from the masses. Removal of subsidy will cause an increase in the prices of PMS which will again hurt the masses. If our refineries were functional we wouldn't have the need to export our crude to be refined and then reimported. That process of transporting and processing is what causes the hikes in the products. Therefore, our refineries should have been revived before removal of subsidy

That's NOT hard to understand. However what's pretty hard to swallow is the feet dragging attitude of the FG!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Budget: No Allocation For Fuel Subsidy! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
What has happened to our refineries ? Where is all the lavished money spent, Jesu oluwa o

(1) (Reply)

Buhari / ( Un Official) Results Of Some Units In Taraba State Rerun Election / Petrol Price Can Be Reduce To N40 Per Litre-ipman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.