Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know (10634 Views)

Starting A Blog, 5 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself. / Rate This Blog /5 / Please I Need A Good Blog Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ultrazone(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
5 Tips On What Makes A Good Blog

Presently, the number of blogs on the world wide web runs into millions and tens of thousands are being created to join these existing blogs daily. A lot of people create blogs with the hope of growing it into success and making money from it. The truth is blogging is not for everyone. It is not a must for you to go into blogging if you don't know what it takes to succeed in it. Believe, the competition is real. It has smoked out lots of new bloggers who cannot get enough traffic to make their blogs popular.

In this post, I will be sharing with you five things you need to be careful about if you really want to make a good blog that people will find useful.

Irrespective of your niche, the truth is you are not yet a successful blogger until you achieve the purpose for which that blog was created. From previous experiences, there are certain factors and steps you should look into if you want to make a good blog that lots of people benefit from.
bloggers blogging blog

Are you planning to create a blog soon? Do you manage a blog currently? Here are some basic tips on how to make a good blog.

1. Inspiring Blog Design
Your blog layout and colour combinations are the first things visitors notice when they land on your blog. And you as it is often said, 'the first impression matters'. You shouldn't drive away visitors that you have laboured to acquired through a shabby blog template or shouting colours. When customizing your blog design, remember it's about the visitors not you. If you don't have what it takes to edit your blog design, go online and search for beautifully styled blog themes which can be paid or hire a professional designer. You should try to avoid designs that would hamper your site SEO.

2. The Right Niche
It is good to have width but better to have depth. Over the years, blogger have realised that blogs with a defined theme and focus often do better than the general 'all purpose' ones. This is because Google gives more credibilty to them because they appear as authority blogs in their chosen niches.
However, not all niches are profitable. You should try to blend your passion with profitability while searching for a topic of discussion for your blog. Picking a topic you have scanty knowledge about many result in frustration that make many new bloggers quit as early as they start.

3. Regular Quality Content

The quality of the articles on your blog is its true value. Content and design are the main criteria used in judging whether a blog is good or bad. You should take your time to come up with useful articles so that visitors will find it necessary to subscribe to your future updates. Copying and publishing articles that people can get elsewhere won't take your blog anywhere. Aside quality, you should endeavour to publish regularly. If you can keep up rolling out quality posts regularly, your blog would soon hit the limelight.

4. Build Readers' Loyalty

To make your blog successful your writing style should connect with the audience. To achieve this, make sure your posts is directed at solving visitors problems. Study how established bloggers with lots of comments on their blog write. The way you conclude your posts should encourage readers to drop comments too. Creating a relationship with your audience is the surest way to build fans' loyalty so that can find it interesting to return to your blog over and over again. Set up social media profiles for your blog on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+. This has an additional benefit of increasing blog traffic.

5. Stand Out
Dare to be different. To stand out from the millions of blogs out there, there should something unique about your blog. Most successful blogs are known for one thing or the other. For some, it may be the blog design, while others may stand out with their content. You should think up ways to make your blog different. Ask yourself, what will people say is specific to my blog?

Success in blogging takes time, months and even years. The main point is to enjoy what you do so that you don't get easily frustrated out.

If you want to make your blog stand out from the crowd and get that traffic you have always desired, ensure you have all these points in place.

I wish you success in your blogging career!

http://www.practicalbusinessideas.com/2015/04/what-makes-good-blog-5-things-you-must.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by baybeeboi: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
Barcanista, you the learn ba?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by MrBasketball: 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
E be like say i no go go Chiemena house today.

Abeg who get pin mouth charger?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
I wonder whats the criteria for front page
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by AmakaDNB(f): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Check my signature for the perfect blog

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by kingiykon(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok I have heard you.
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by sunnywhyt(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok ooo
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chief Abe making front page grin

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by tolustx(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok. Which blog do u manage.
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by njuwo(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
I was on my own and news blew to my door mouth that there is so much money from blogging in Nigeria. So i rushed into it and saw nothing, now, i have quit blogging, it is only women that shine from blogging in Nigeria. Check out Linda Ikeji, Misspetitenaija, Stella Dimorkorkukos, and Laila Ikeja. They are all women and not men. It is only women that shine from blogging in Nigeria.
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by scribble: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
Interesting
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by hotgunz(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
who get ice blog plz wan soak garri

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Chief Abe making front page grin
lol maybe he paid the moderator backdoor
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by rapcy(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok nah
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Okehjp(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
How did this thread made fp?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by hefty4real(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
Has the op for this article heard of one song sung by one rapper.....ehm
Ehn Ehn "Story 4 the gods o"
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by okooloyun1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Is ok
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by akinola107(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
grin grin undecided
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by boolet: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Noted
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Merlissa(f): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by onlyson16(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
abeg who own dat monky were de run comot?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by chrisdera: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Dygeasy(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
Op pls could u pls help me on Hw one can make money 4rm a blog?? I gat sth unique in mind and need to know Hw blogging works.. Plsss any1 who can help and like minds are welcome
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Though blogging can make you a millionaire in dollar in the long run but it requires a lot of time and dedication before you can succeed.

*passion for blogging

*Good writing skill

* consistency

All this can helps you a lot in the long run to become a great blogger.

Remember it takes not less than 4 month to make money from your blog , keep doing it and success will trickle in.

Steve pavlina - [ one of the best blogger in personal development blogger all over the world] - it took him almost a year before he can make a penny. You can check his blog to see how good he is www.stevepavlina.com

Yaro starak - it took him 18 month

Keep doing it...........
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by jaybossYBNL(m): 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Great article Abe, newbie bloggers will learn from this.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
njuwo:
I was on my own and news blew to my door mouth that there is so much money from blogging in Nigeria. So i rushed into it and saw nothing, now, i have quit blogging, it is only women that shine from blogging in Nigeria. Check out Linda Ikeji, Misspetitenaija, Stella Dimorkorkukos, and Laila Ikeja. They are all women and not men. It is only women that shine from blogging in Nigeria.

Though blogging can make you a millionaire in
dollar in the long run but it requires a lot of time
and dedication before you can succeed.
*passion for blogging
*Good writing skill
* consistency
All this can helps you a lot in the long run to become
a great blogger.
Remember it takes not less than 4 month to make
money from your blog , keep doing it and success
will trickle in.
Steve pavlina - [ one of the best blogger in personal
development blogger all over the world] - it took him
almost a year before he can make a penny. You can
check his blog to see how good he is
www.stevepavlina.com
Keep doing it...........
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by mightycrown1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
NOTED, THANKS
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
The value of the money you intend making depends on how valuable is the information or services offered in your blog for your audience.

To start a blog:

1. Get a web address, thankfully enough, you can get a good one for free at www..com. So let's say you got Damager..com assuming your niche, business name or your name is damager
2. Research your niche or market
3. Prepare your unique contents and start publishing
4. Build an audience, preferably a loyal one
5. Monetize your content.

Damager:
Op pls could u pls help me on Hw one can make money 4rm a blog?? I gat sth unique in mind and need to know Hw blogging works.. Plsss any1 who can help and like minds are welcome
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Akinsnaira: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
@OP or any experienced blogger in the house, about the niche stuff? If you have published many contents on your blog before but later discovered they are not relevant to your niche and you deleted them. Without creating redirecting links for them, do they have impact on your blog or SEO in anyway?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by zangiff(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
nice idea
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by njuwo(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
adetona99:

Though blogging can make you a millionaire in
dollar in the long run but it requires a lot of time
and dedication before you can succeed.
*passion for blogging
*Good writing skill
* consistency
All this can helps you a lot in the long run to become
a great blogger.
Remember it takes not less than 4 month to make
money from your blog , keep doing it and success
will trickle in.
Steve pavlina - [ one of the best blogger in personal
development blogger all over the world] - it took him
almost a year before he can make a penny. You can
check his blog to see how good he is
www.stevepavlina.com
Keep doing it...........
I should park to America and keep doing it shey? Because it is there that men shines in blogging.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get Quick Adsense Account Approval / Google To Kill Google Reader / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.