Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter (577 Views)

MKO Abiola With Shehu Sani In Kaduna (1993 Throwback Photo) / Throwback Photo Of Sambo Dasuki And His Father, Late Sultan Dasuki / MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Rinsola Appointed APC BOT Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter by famobaba(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
One of the daughters of the late MKO Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, has pegged the victory of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, as similar in stance to that of her late father.

Mrs. Hafsat Abiola-Costello, who is the founder of the Kudirat Initiative for Democracy, stated that Buhari’s campaign of change had given Nigerians a fresh new hope.

She further urged the President-elect to act in line with people’s expectations of him and not to disappoint Nigerians.

Abiola-Costello made her point known when the senator-elect of Kaduna-Central senatorial district Alhaji Shehu Sani, paid a visit to the Abiola family in Lagos, on Thursday.

In her words, “I wrote a letter before the elections expressing my support for Gen. Buhari and for us in this house, we are happy to see that he emerged victorious in spite of the many efforts to deny him of victory but we must be aware that one man cannot change Nigeria. Such a person needs a strong team.

“We need people who are ready to sacrifice for Nigeria. That was the first time I ever endorsed a candidate and it was because the way Nigeria was going, I felt this was our last chance to get things right. I didn’t see a better way to save Nigeria. Before we start celebrating, we need to know those who will constitute his team

“This is similar to what we saw in 1993 when people looked beyond ethnicity and religion and chose MKO Abiola. You can see that Nigerians are trying to tell the world that they deserve better.”

Abiola-Costello also appreciated Sani for paying a visit to the family.

Link In...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/04/buhari-victory-exactky-like-my-fathers-late-mko-abiolas-daughter/

Re: Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hoekay. Wedon hiya..
Re: Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter by waternopassgari: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yorubas need to take daily pills, the madness is getting out of control. How is it like your fada? Is the election annulled?

Buhari is already confirmed President and GEJ is handing over. Abiola was not. Abeg go find your level.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
The poster above me is absolutely 100% correct!
Re: Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter by ramdris(m): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
I agree but the difference is that GMB will be given his mandate unlike ur great dad (RIP to him). Just hope GMB will avoid taking tea fro now.
Re: Buhari Victory Exactky Like My Father’s -late MKO Abiola’s Daughter by ramdris(m): 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
waternopassgari:
Yorubas need to take daily pills, the madness is getting out of control. How is it like your fada? Is the election annulled?

Buhari is already confirmed President and GEJ is handing over. Abiola was not. Abeg go find your level.
Why must u display your stup.idity in this forum every time? It so sickening seeing pple castigating a whole ethnic group just because of the comment of one person. What brought the Yoruba race into this issue now? RECEIVE SENSE.

(1) (Reply)

Police Ban Kogi Masquerade Festivals During Poll Rerun / BREAKING: Jonathan Orders Release Of “missing” $20 Bn Report / Nine Adamawa Lawmakers Impeach Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.