Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,538 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari (920 Views)

Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme / Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / Don’t Hold Elections In Adamawa, Governor Begs INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by sharks776(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
The governor of Anambra State, Willy Obiano, has appealed to the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to help address the problems affecting the South East, and to appoint its people into key positions regardless of their political affiliations.
Mr. Obiano said the region will support the government of Mr. Buhari, despite the outcome of the March 28 election which saw him and his All Progressives Congress, APC, losing in the South East.
Mr. Obiano made the appeal Friday when he visited Mr. Buhari at his residence in Abuja.
The governor said he believed Mr. Buhari would not limit his search to APC members whenever he gives out appointments.
“I suspect that the President is not going to give appointment to only people from his party because everybody would support him and so he has to consider people from the other parties so that we can all embrace the change,” he said after a brief meeting with Mr. Buhari.
The governor said he had pleaded for the consideration of people from Anambra state and the South East in general when the president-elect settles down to make appointments.
“We also pleaded in the area of appointment for the people of Anambra and of course for people from the south East be it Ministerial, Ambassadorial and what have you,” he said.
The Anambra governor said he congratulated Mr. Buhari on his victory.
“Well, I came to congratulate His excellency, the President – elect, on his victory and I am also here to reassure him that Anambra and the south East would support him.
“I also pleaded with him on some pressing problem that are of importance to the south east like the second Niger bridge and some of the federal roads,” he said.
Mr. Obiano said like Mr. Buhari, he believes in change. He said his government has brought “change” to the security structure in Anambra state.
“I will always support things that would bring change to improve the well-being of Ndi Anambra and Nigeria as a whole,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181959-help-igbos-dont-look-at-party-anambra-governor-begs-buhari.html

1 Like

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by imbless: 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by raumdeuter: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Begging things.

I dey laff ooo. The same man you hated vehemently, and swore never to have anything to do with and his people

The same people who said they dont need APC don dey do "Ba bi Allah" in front of Buhari

I know Buhari being a good man would complete the 2nd Niger Bridge that the drunkard abandoned for 6yrs

3 Likes

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
Left to igbos to determine and the voting pattern .. Buhari will never be President.....so why demand for special attention from a man you never wanted?

They should allow this man to be fair to all components part of the country rather than this unnecessary seeking of special attention.

3 Likes

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by jascon1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
Help Dem to do what? How do u make such debasing statement? U just rubbish Ur people while trying to be loyal. Common sit up! There r allocations to Ur state. Use them wisely n don't steal. GMB is not Ur helper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by oluwafemi113(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Igbo also need to help there self

By stop hatting cry

Hatting is one of the big problem Igbo people have in common

2 Likes

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by khamas19: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
...cap in hand and begging as usual.....

pitiful loosers..
Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by rosebowl01(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
Can you imagine this supposedly "independent, and self sustaining" people doing everything possible to access money from the center?
Yorubas will rather play opposition, and sustain themselves rather begging with style, or making demands to a man and people you swore to hate till you enter grave.
Yorubas have done this and have achieved great things since 50s till date. Now tell me who is the actual "parasite", "coward", and "big mouth"?
What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by garrix8: 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by garrix8: 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Buhari hasn't been sworn in they're already begging....

So who is going to play the opposition??

3 Likes

Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by asala1: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
He said he believe in Change. grin grin grin
Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by joeyfire(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Na so. Sai baba abeg try finish second niger bridge. Sai one nigeria fa!
Re: Help Igbos, Don’t Look At Party, Anambra Governor Begs Buhari by Ojiofor: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Obiano is doing what's best for business/politics.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Girl Raped And Head Cut Off For Rituals At Asankragua / From Spare Parts Trader To Motor Giant: The Story Of Innoson Group Boss -naij / Court Bars NDLEA, Others From Arresting Kashamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.