Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Advice Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls (1527 Views)

When Your In-laws Behave This Way, What Will You Do? Advice Pls / Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. / My Cousin Destroys Our House. Advice Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
hello house, please I need advice on what to do. my husband has a very close friend who is just 2yrs into marriage. his wife complains of him keeping women, I didn't believe her and advised her not to put her mind there. Afterwards on 3 different occasions I have heard him in a romantic conversation with a girl, well it's nt my biz so I didn't say a word. But at this point am beginning to think about it becos he is always with my hubby and there is this saying that, if a sheep walks with a dog it will surely eat shit. 2 days ago they were invited for an outing, he called to ask my hubby if I was coming that his wife wasn't. my hubby asked me if I would come, I also asked if d wife was he said No, so I also said no so that they can have their fun. my hubby called him back nd said I wasn't coming. the phone was on speaker as I walked into d room he was just telling my hubby that he will come wt one of his decent gals nd immediately my hubby cut the call. as it is going a decent gal will bring a friend and d rest is history. pls advice cos my hubby also used to b a womanizer but tru prayers, getting close to God nd involved in church activities he has stopped, now m scared he can start again.
Re: Advice Pls by jaybee3(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
shericoco:
hello house, please I need advice on what to do. my husband has a very close friend who is just 2yrs into marriage. his wife complains of him keeping women, I didn't believe her and advised her not to put her mind there. Afterwards on 3 different occasions I have heard him in a romantic conversation with a girl, well it's nt my biz so I didn't say a word. But at this point am beginning to think about it becos he is always with my hubby and there is this saying that, if a sheep walks with a dog it will surely eat shit. 2 days ago they were invited for an outing, he called to ask my hubby if I was coming that his wife wasn't. my hubby asked me if I would come, I also asked if d wife was he said No, so I also said no so that they can have their fun. my hubby called him back nd said I wasn't coming. the phone was on speaker as I walked into d room he was just telling my hubby that he will come wt one of his decent gals nd immediately my hubby cut the call. as it is going a decent gal will bring a friend and d rest is history. pls advice cos my hubby also used to b a womanizer but tru prayers, getting close to God nd involved in church activities he has stopped, now m scared he can start again.

You will probably alienate yourself if you try to control your husband so that's no option

You should desist from the petty gossips with the other wife

End off

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
By now you should have learnt how to press your hubby's bottons to your favour, so press it to break that friendship. Whenever your hubby want to go out with him, insist on going with them whether invited or not, it will give the friend some work to do if he must go out with your hubby. Also ensure your countenance express disgust whenever the friend visits, it will make him to avoid you and yours. His continous friendship is hazardous, do well to severe it.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
^^ you would be surprised at the outcome that the husband would shock her

Women are still in the business of controlling their men. Go see what comes out of it.
Re: Advice Pls by bennyrazz: 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
@op, once a soldier is always a soldier. Once a striker is always a striker cheesy show me your friends and I can tell you who you are. Your husband's friend might lead your husband astray. So you need to increase the volume of your prayers.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by kpolli(m): 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
shericoco:

Why don't you wanna go with him? Better go and protect your investment
Re: Advice Pls by Kazrem(m): 3:35am On Apr 25, 2015
shericoco, go back to the prayer you did before. If possible give the prayer to the wife of his friend too. Or else, your hubby will be inflicted.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 25, 2015
tell your hubby you're coming
Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2015
jaybee3:

You will probably alienate yourself if you try to control your husband so that's no option
You should desist from the petty gossips with the other wife
End off
if ur close friend cries always nd wants to quit her marriage cos of infidelity of d hubby, u call that Gossip? all the same thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2015
Floodgater:
By now you should have learnt how to press your hubby's bottons to your favour, so press it to break that friendship. Whenever your hubby want to go out with him, insist on going with them whether invited or not, it will give the friend some work to do if he must go out with your hubby. Also ensure your countenance express disgust whenever the friend visits, it will make him to avoid you and yours. His continous friendship is hazardous, do well to severe it.
he is a good friend no doubt but the issue of flirting around is annoying when d wife just had a miscarriage. am usually busy nd sometimes am tired aft d work. thank you
Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2015
raumdeuter:
^^ you would be surprised at the outcome that the husband would shock her
Women are still in the business of controlling their men. Go see what comes out of it.
I hope so,he has a very pretty nd good wife. dt makes me wonder more why d gals?
Re: Advice Pls by jaybee3(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2015
shericoco:

if ur close friend cries always nd wants to quit her marriage cos of infidelity of d hubby, u call that Gossip? all the same thanks.

I will direct her/him to someone that properly mediate for them.
Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2015
bennyrazz:
@op, once a soldier is always a soldier. Once a striker is always a striker cheesy show me your friends and I can tell you who you are. Your husband's friend might lead your husband astray. So you need to increase the volume of your prayers.
that's so true, I really don't want him to influence my hubby again cos I did a lot of work to make sure I have a faithful hubby. I have invited them for several church programs but dey wldnt come, d wife says the hubby doesn't believe in miracles and instant healing.
Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2015
kpolli:

Why don't you wanna go with him? Better go and protect your investment
reason being that others weren't coming with their wives nd I didn't want to be the holy female there, moreover I had a hectic day I was stressed out.
Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2015
Kazrem:
shericoco, go back to the prayer you did before. If possible give the prayer to the wife of his friend too. Or else, your hubby will be inflicted.
at this point it is very necessary. thank you

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2015
aflyingbird:
tell your hubby you're coming
at a point I did say so but I reasoned it wasn't worth it to stress my self further in my present state. my fear is my hubby might not advice him to stop nd before u no it he has a gal too for him to keep his company @ such outings.
Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2015
jaybee3:

I will direct her/him to someone that properly mediate for them.
jaybee I know am nt a bad friend. on several occasions I had booked appointments for her to meet wt my G.O who is a marriage counselor but dt has been abortive. before she knew d truth d hubby was always receiving calls at odd hours nd when she asks he tells her my own hubby used his phone to call those pple nd now dey r calling back. she thought my hubby was d one influencing him. am sure u understand the situation now.
Re: Advice Pls by Safari29: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2015
All I see is "there is fire on the mountain"
Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
When you heard about the bringing decent girls talk,
why didn't you stop and ask your husband questions??

If in your shoes (God forbid shaa), I would have asked immediately, what did I just hear?? (Not in an aggressive manner).. From there, we can strike a conversation, he may even open up about his friend's behaviour. . Then you can go on to advise him et al.... No time ooo...

I don't know how close you're to your husband but if mine, I would hv told him a long time ago how I dislike his friendship with the guy... You want things to get out of hands before you 'caution' him?

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by pretydiva(f): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
I think u should ve a one on one talk wif ur hubby. Make him see d reason y he should stop associating wif dat his friend. Cos wif d way tins r goin,if his friend doesn't desist frm his flirtatious way of life,ur hubby might b easily influence as well. May God b wif u

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by pretydiva(f): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
I think u should ve a one on one talk wif ur hubby. Make him see d reason y he should stop associating wif dat his friend. Cos wif d way tins r goin,if he doesn't desist frm his flirtatious way of life,ur hubby might b easily influence as well. May God b wif u
Re: Advice Pls by kpolli(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
shericoco:

reason being that others weren't coming with their wives nd I didn't want to be the holy female there, moreover I had a hectic day I was stressed out.

Your husband might be the good egg in the bad basket that the bad ones are trying to spoil.... Don't look at other wives as a reason not to go out with your husband.... If you wanna go out and he wants you to, go out with him.... Don't wait until one small girl enters the picture

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by bennyrazz: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
shericoco:

that's so true, I really don't want him to influence my hubby again cos I did a lot of work to make sure I have a faithful hubby. I have invited them for several church programs but dey wldnt come, d wife says the hubby doesn't believe in miracles and instant healing.
then you have to pray deep prayers. I wish you luck

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
shericoco:

2 Likes

Re: Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nigerian men again ?

Nigerian men, change oh!
Re: Advice Pls by chibic(m): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Chillisauce:
Nigerian men again ?

Nigerian men, change oh!

did you say change? Well, ladies first! I'm sure those decent gals are other men's girlfriends/wives. So, you see? Those decent gals' men will be complaining also or being decieved and lied to.

Honestly, this Op no be am! How can you hear "decent gals" and you stilll allowed him to go? Are you so scared of talking to your hubby? Unless you are just adding salt and peper to make the story sweet.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls by shericoco(f): 3:15pm On May 14, 2015
House, I just felt like posting dis topic to just get people's opinion. I went to visit my sister-in-law and while I was there she and her friend were discussing about the issue. according to her friend, her neighbours had a serious fight. the couple has been married for few months, but dated for over 5yrs. they r expecting their first child, on the 1st antenatal visit she was telling the Doc if dere was any risk with the baby since she was Rhesus -ve nd the hubby +ve. I think the hubby didn't understand the doctor's explanation. According to her, she said d wife was explaining to the hubby d situation cos she had aborted before. the hubby became angry dt he can't remember her telling him about it nd dt she tricked him into marrying her cos he wouldn't have if he knew she had aborted before. Now, d wife met her for advice since d hubby has stopped talking or relating with her and she wants a divorce. my question is who is really at fault? is it wise for her to get a divorce?

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Gave Birth To Twins At The Same Time With Two Different Fathers! / 11-day-old Baby Died After Being Kissed By Her Mother / Why Do God Keep Taking Away Those That Want To Live? Take Me Naaaaaa!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.