Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position (41183 Views)

President Buhari States Reason Why He Was Removed From Office In 1985 / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / SENATE PRESIDENCY: Buhari Makes U-turn, REJECTS Saraki With 3 Technical Knockout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by helphelp: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2015
Oya na ...there should be a medal for first to comment on second page...Shior
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by nonxo007(m): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2015
[size=15pt]Nigerian's pls help a student,who is in trouble.
I have been seeking help,for over one month now and it is not yet coming.
all the people that called,just disappointment.
Am sorry for bringing this kind of issue here,but I have no option than to seek help.anywere.I can get..
I don't want to go into my personal details.
that would be for anyone who ask of it but I just want to say a little about my ordeal..
I am a student of NOUN university,studyin B.s.c criminology and security studies,who has been doing well.
I am responsible for my school fees,right from primary school,cos my dad didn't see any need,giving us eduction,but deep inside me.I refused to subcribe to his ideology and I wanted the best for my family,cos our condition was terrible,"financially".
My mom had to take care of our education.7 of us.
has the first.I couldn't stand the sight of seeing her go through all does suffering.
Just to give us eduction,so I left home and started hustlin from primary 5 and I took care of my school fees right from then till I graduated from secondary,now am in the university and was doing well,until I invested all I had in an importation business which leta turned out to be a scam,now am down to zero.
My school fees has elapsed, for a long time now.
I don't even attend lectures and can not write exams,which ironically means,that I will have to withdraw from school.
I would have gone for student loan,but I have tried to secure a student loan before,when I got scholarship to study outside and needed money for my papers,but it was frustrating cos I have no one to stand for me.

The amount in question is,N52,000 and am ready to work for it,if necessary.
I am not saying you should dash me the money,a loan will be well appreciated and am ready to use all my school,birth,state of origin cartificate's, infact all my earthly possesion as a collactorall for the loan
Pls nigerian's. I know so many people bring fake story about such matters online,so am ready to corporate with anybody who can help verify this story.I live in abuja.

[size=15pt]please,I want to appeal to those,who called,and at the end keep posting me.
after calling and showing interest in helping,I stopped posting this article online.
what I get at the end is posting,..you are not doing any good to my situation.instead,u are worsinin it,the time I would have use to get help,is wat you are wasting. by making me to stop posting this online..
I did my best to corperate and even sent my school registration NO and study centre for
comfirmation..
I am not saying,they should dash me this money.I can work for it,just that am not fit right now to raise the the money and exam,is around the corner..
[/size]
[size=15pt]
I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL,IF ANY ONE CAN ASSIST ME WITH A LOAN INSTEAD

SOM1 QUOTED ME,QUESTIONIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS STORY.
IF YOU HAvE UR RESERVATIONS CONCERNIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THiS STORY.
YOU CAN MEET UP WITH ME,SO WE COULD GO,TO MY STUDY CENTRE TOGEDA FOR COMFIRMATION OR AT MY SCHOOL HEAD OFFICE,AT WUSE,HERE IN ABUJA
[/size]

[size=17pt]NOTE:pls if you can't assist with a loan and want to render direct financial assistance.you don't have to pay directly to me.
I will appreciate it more,if you pay directly into my school account.
Which you can google urself to comfirm
[/size]

[size=15pt]please if I have ever received a penny from anyone,since I started posting this online.
That person should kindly say it to the whole forum.
I am saying this,bcs som1 called me,asking how much,have I gotten since I started asking for help..wen I said none,he thought I was lying
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by bobcharly(m): 8:20am On Apr 25, 2015
I will be back to read this...
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by DaGC(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well...the Senate President traditionally has come from the ruling party.

Not ruling party per se, but from the party with the house majority which in this case is the APC.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by lordhugo(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2015
[size=25pt]I just want to know the man who has a problem with drinking![/size]

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by laplace12(m): 8:25am On Apr 25, 2015
groundnutoil:
That awkward moment when you go to Ojuelegba and no one has heard of
Wizkid's story

grin grin
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 25, 2015
DaGC:

Not ruling party per se, but from the party with the house majority which in this case is the APC.

Exactly....thank you.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by blank(f): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2015
Idrismusty97:
sad Ehya...Ndo

Ngige will never enter that senate again. Never. Someone that could not manage as a senator wants to be the senate president? He should go and use one of his VIP toilets. angry

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 25, 2015
A
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Ernestfacrima(m): 8:31am On Apr 25, 2015
let there be peace.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 25, 2015
babajero:
This country still have a very long way to go.

Tels you
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 25, 2015
efilefun:
Time has thought me:
YOU NEED CHALLENGE TO FIGHT FOR SUCCESS.
YOU NEED FRIENDS WITH VISION TO BE A SUCCESS.
YOU NEED MORE ENEMY TO REMAIN SUCCESSFUL.
YOU NEED GOD TO RETAIN "SUCCESSFULNESS".

May God Almighty Lead Nigeria to greater heights and put those wishing this administration would fail into shame.

No offence bro, but what has prayers and prophesy got to do with this?
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Goddex: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2015
This paragraph made me turning twice on ma bed

As the race for the position begins, Senators Bukola Saraki, Kwara Central; Senator George Akume from Benue; Senator Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa State; Senator Danjuma Goje of Gombe State; Senator Ali Ndume from Borno State, among others are said to be interested in occupying the position of Senate President.
[size=13pt]Only one or two of the candidates jostling for the Senate President had no case with the EFCC. One even has a Boko Haram related case in court[/size].
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by strongerthaneva(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2015
satelliteDISH:
I think d position should go to d south-east to compensate for the suden death of former senate prbsident Okadigbo.
Mr man if u no get better contribution Abeg go sleep..too early for dis ur mumu contribution..okadigbo ko okababa ni..

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by stephmike(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Keneking:
Ok..

Contestants: A. Senators Bukola Saraki, Kwara Central: case with EFCC

B. Senator George Akume from Benue: clean and looks like a potential candidate

C. Senator Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa State : I think clean

D. Senator Danjuma Goje of Gombe State: case with EFCC

E. Senator Ali Ndume from Borno State : case with Boko Haram

Therefore contestant B might get the position.

pls don't disturb sai baba, Senate president stuff. let go to benue for god sake to render mark useless.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by ralph28(m): 8:41am On Apr 25, 2015
GMB I de your back.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by toyoutoyou: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2015
The post of the senate president should be given to someone from Sad-East so as to help them destroy this country the more in order to be able to build their own Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by ekolina(m): 8:44am On Apr 25, 2015
lordhugo:
[size=25pt]I just want to know the man who has a problem with drinking![/size]

. George Akume
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by buzquet(m): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2015
theV0ice:
Of course GMB would not want to interfere. If only Nigeria was a sane country, why should a president bother himself with who gets what? What is important should be getting the job done.

Let them handle themselves and may the best candidate win
God bless u!
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by ekolina(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2015
stephmike:

pls don't disturb sai baba, Senate president stuff. let go to benue for god sake to render mark useless.
. So mark is your own issue
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2015
We will not rest again because of Buhari this and Buhari that. The APC won the Presidency on the altar of propaganda. They are yet to discover it takes more than propaganda to sustain a government.

A look at Buhari's transition committee members will show you how he intends to fight corruption and zero tolerance for corrupt persons. Timipre Sylva, Baba Gana kingibe and Co are the new face of anti - corruption and #change.

Buhari, like GEJ has refused to understand that his victory at the polls is a pan - Nigerian victory and not that of his people. Like GEJ, he'd allow his people mess him up at the end of the day. But, unlike GEJ, he'd go down like Mohammed Morsi of Egypt.

Nigerians are energised and charged for him. He is yet to realise.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by abouzaid: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2015
this is not a news report but the speculative work of a lazy writer.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by james809: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2015
read full story here

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by bakjal(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2015
satelliteDISH:
I think d position should go to d south-east to compensate for the suden death of former senate prbsident Okadigbo.
Then simply provide a senator from the new rulling party from that zone.
Ppl read but cant even understand what they are reading!
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Ozigbondu(m): 9:11am On Apr 25, 2015
blank:

Ngige will never enter that senate again. Never. Someone that could not manage as a senator wants to be the senate president? He should go and use one of his VIP toilets. angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Non existent VIP toilets that costs 17 million and numerous dead transformers
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by bakjal(m): 9:14am On Apr 25, 2015
Owoloku1:
Must the Senate president come from the APC?

What we want is capable hands and if there is one from other parties then he should get the position...plus he'll even be eager to perform just to show Nigerians that his party is credible as well as not allow the APC use him as a scape goat...

I believe it's time we begin putting our leaders and those who occupy public offices under pressure because only then can we experience true change and move our beloved nation forward

You made some sense and a lot of non-sense in wat u said
Why didnt the PDP give dat possition to d opposition as there were more credible senators dan David Mark who even stole a mandate

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Omotayo7(m): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2015
Lekmusic:
As the 7th Senate winds up ahead of the inauguration of the 8th Senate on June 4, the upper legislative chambers is at the moment caught up in a high-level of intrigues, horse-trading and lobbying, backstabbing, in a bid to outwit one another or zone on who becomes the next president of the Senate.

However, this was even as facts have emerged that the President- elect, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, rtd, is not willing to support any Senator or member of the House of Representatives who has had or still has any corruption case or matter with the anti-corruption agencies or police for the leadership position in the National Assembly.
Also President Goodluck Jonathan and the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari met Friday in the Villa.

President GoodLUCK Jonathan, President Elect General Muhammadu Buhari accompanoied by the APC National Chairman Chief John Odigie Oyegun at the President. APR 25 2015
Buhari, it was gathered is said to be uncomfortable with most of the aspirants currently fighting for the National Assembly, as they have one case or the other to answer with the anti- corruption agencies especially the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Apart from corruption, the president-elect was also said not be interested in working with those alleged to have links with insurgents like Boko Haram.

It was not known which zone would produce the Senate Presidency but sources said yesterday in Abuja that the Senator Bola Tinubu bloc in the All Progressives Congress, APC, was allegedly working to ensure that the former governor of Benue State, Senator George Akume, emerged. The party had already zoned the position to North Central.

The search for who heads the Senate would have been sealed if Senator Chris Ngige from Anambra State had won the election as the position would have just gone to South East geo- political zone of the country without any stress.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that the Tinubu group was backing Akume for the singular reason that the former governor of Benue State is the oldest in the opposition camp who came to the Senate on the platform of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, thereby making the party popular in his area.

The North East geopolitical zone of the country also angled for the position of the Senate President saying that such position would placate them after Boko Haram insurgency ravaged the zone. The zone also argued that it produced the second highest number of votes after the North West, for the APC, adding that with this singular contribution to the success of the party, the position of Senate President should go to them. But they have to succumb to party decision Thursday morning that zoned the seat to North Central. .

As the race for the position begins, Senators Bukola Saraki, Kwara Central; Senator George Akume from Benue; Senator Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa State; Senator Danjuma Goje of Gombe State; Senator Ali Ndume from Borno State, among others are said to be interested in occupying the position of Senate President.
Only one or two of the candidates jostling for the Senate President had no case with the EFCC. One even has a Boko Haram related case in court.

It was learnt that Buhari would want to respect the independence of the National Assembly. However, he would not want to support any one who has had a graft case in order to enable him have a clean break from the past and pursue his anti- corruption stance to the letter.
“The President-elect respects the rule of law and would not want to meddle into the politics of the National Assembly but he is not comfortable with any one who has or has had a corruption case being the Senate President,” a top party source said Friday.
Interestingly, of all the aspirants into the Senate Presidency, one of the two said to be very transparent has questions about his social life.

The aspirant was said to have a lot of things going in his favour except his drinking habit, even as he was alleged to have undergone some transformation in his behaviour and thus could prove his critics wrong.
Those working for this particular aspirant told Saturday Vanguard that ‘’a personal habit which may affect an individual character is better and manageable than an alleged corrupt person.’’
The change in the position of the Senate President and other leadership positions had became imminent following the woeful defeat of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, by the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC.

From http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/senate-president-buhari-states-position/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
I Hope buhari is not listening to the so call tinubu and obasanjo or else their won't be any breakthrough for him ...
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by vacanci: 9:19am On Apr 25, 2015
Owoloku1:
Must the Senate president come from the APC?

What we want is capable hands and if there is one from other parties then he should get the position...plus he'll even be eager to perform just to show Nigerians that his party is credible as well as not allow the APC use him as a scape goat...

I believe it's time we begin putting our leaders and those who occupy public offices under pressure because only then can we experience true change and move our beloved nation forward

To burst your bubble, democracy is a game of numbers.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Raddie(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2015
satelliteDISH:

He (RIP) himself would turn in his grave if he were to read this. Retard.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by Crieff(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2015
That GMB even brings up questions that touch on moral character of "leaders-to-be" is a significant development.
Certain positions are hallowed. That anyone can aspire to such does not necessarily mean that they are morally eligible to contest such.
This is good.
Re: Senate Presidency- Buhari States Position by tete7000(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2015
The constitution guarantees the independence of the legislature, he doesn't need to support and should have no power to decide who emerges Senate President; he only needs to be able to work with amicably without compromising his own position regardless of whoever the senate put forward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Policeman In Ibadan Searching For Fuel - Photos / Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Kidnappers Of Kaduna Students Release Video, Demand ₦500 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.