Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,553 members, 7,955,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). (48092 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
superstar1:

Story for the gods part 3.

Oyigbo was changed from Obigbo. Deal with it.

The same way all umus were changed to Rumus in Oguta or what is the Info name for PH again.

The same your properties were declared abandoned and hijacked.

Same way Awka-Nkakwu was changed to Awka-Etiti. Of course we can deal with that. As long as its the will of the natives and they remain proud Igbos.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:02am On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:

Story for the gods part 3.

Oyigbo was changed from Obigbo. Deal with it.

The same way all umus were changed to Rumus in Oguta or what is the Ibo name for PH again.

The same your properties were declared abandoned and hijacked.

I do not need any revisionist to lie to me, like Achebe, on what is well known in public domain.

Lol! Did you see any "Rumu" in the Ndoki and Asa towns I posted, you can only find "Umu" there.

Oguta is in Imo, there is no identity crisis there.

Ikwerres identity crises is a self imposed one, they weren't conquered by any foreign group and forced to change their names, their scenario is entirely different from Ilorin, a conquered Yoruba people that are now "Fulanized" and forced under the rulership of the fulani emirate.

Ikwerres have Ezes, Ilorin have an Emir not an Oba, spot the difference.

Our property was hijacked in PH, but they were always burnt down in the North too. Every Igboman knows the risk of investing in foreign lands.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by superstar1(m): 12:13am On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Same way Awka-Nkakwu was changed to Awka-Etiti. Of course we can deal with that. As long as its the will of the natives and they remain proud Igbos.

Story for the gods, part 4.

It was never the will of the people.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 26, 2015
Duru1:

I guess not when the soldiers from northern region of Nigeria carved up country into states basically according to their tribal interest. It is only an idiotic ninny would think population is the only criterion in creation of a state. State creation must taken into consideration the mechanics of democracy. We shall definitely deal with it.

It is only a fool who'll think population doesn't play an important role in state creation any where in the world. There are other factors as well, even at that, there are many segments of the North that fulfill those criteria more than your tiny region. Yet, they aint whining.

The fact that the mechanics of democracy was not fully implemented, is what propels your false sense of entitlement and your Oliver Twist mentality. If anything, you have those so-called soldiers from the northern region to thank for, because they did not do justice to their region when they carved up states in the 6 geopolitical zones, in equal proportion. There are many who are more deserving of a state in the north by all ramification, but were turned down by same "northern soldiers". They know if such is granted, every geopolitical zone would demand equal proportion as well. And soon every local govt in little region of SE would become a "state". So you see, the military did trample on the right of many in the north to have their states, just to maintain a sense of balance in the geopolitical zones. If they had created states based on those who are more deserving, we wont be talking of 19 states against your 5, but 30+ against 6( plus your Anioma).

Please, go ahead and deal with your false sense of entitlement at your own peril. The outcome wont be any different from the last time you tried.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by superstar1(m): 12:21am On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! Did you see any "Rumu" in the Ndoki and Asa towns I posted, you can only find "Umu" there.

Oguta is in Imo, there is no identity crisis there.

Ikwerres identity crises is a self imposed one, they weren't conquered by any foreign group and forced to change their names, their scenario is entirely different from Ilorin, a conquered Yoruba people that are now "Fulanized" and forced under the rulership of the fulani emirate.

Ikwerres have Ezes, Ilorin have an Emir not an Oba, spot the difference.

Our property was hijacked in PH, but they were always burnt down in the North too. Every Igboman knows the risk of investing in foreign lands.

I repeat, recover your houses, streets and towns before you can talk of Ilorin, where we hold the political power.

Ilorin was not changed, unlike Obigbo to OYIGBO.lol.

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Remarkable: 2:37am On Apr 26, 2015
it was like a stab in the chest for them.i don't blame them for the revenge coup... what I shudder at is when you begin killing women and defenceless civilians on the street, neighbors, co-workers etc... I mean, come on... but then again, we live and learn.
Equalizer:

What happened in 1966 coup was nothing short of revenge cos Gowon, Murtala, Danjuma and other senior officers felt betrayed by the eastern and western region cos the original plan was for all the Democratic leaders to be wiped out but Azikiwe,Awololo and that mid western man survived the attack and only the north recorded heavy casualties.. Am sure till date, the north are yet to forgive the Igbos for what Kaduna chukwuma Nzengwo did to their great men..
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Remarkable: 3:11am On Apr 26, 2015
arewafederation:

With this, the ibos want me to believe Azikwe didn't have knowledge of the coup!

I always advice that we forget about the past. It will only create more ethnic division.

T. Balewa also had knowledge of the coup.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Remarkable: 3:17am On Apr 26, 2015
Super1Star:
My problem with Igbos is they failed to read the whole history and events that led to the civil war.

They only listened to their uncles false conjectures and stories for the gods.

I wish they can be objective for once.

However, we should also note that the major players in the history of Nigeria then, were less than 35years in age. What was their level of maturity? Majority of them will never tow that line, if given the opportunity once more.

All sides lost something during the course of those unfortunate events. Igbos should stop behaving as if they are the only victims.

If there was no action, there would not have been a reaction. Simple

Are you aware of a coup that was being planned by a group of norther soldiers around the same time the touted Igbo coup happened?

Go look it up and come back with your report.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Remarkable: 4:07am On Apr 26, 2015
Rotimi47:
That guy can lie! How will Fajuyi who came out into the hands of coup plotters, tell someone to go & call Irons I yo come & talk to them? He also said ironsi would have escaped if he wanted to; abeg where to! How can he escape from a place that is completely surrounded by heavily armed men! He said Ironsi croc stick was for swag & its that same stick he waved when their was issues between the Indians & the Cameroonians. Is the stick a reflector that they can see it afar? Their is more to this post then he wants us to know.

How did Hillary Njoku escape?

If he could what makes you think that if a few people decided to give cover to Ironsi that he couldn't have come outta there alive?
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by wadetaw202: 6:42am On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Only Ironsi knew why he refused to kill the coup plotters, cos I remember that they were all punished by being jailed, though I assume that wasn't enough punishment for you guys. You were always fishing for non existing evidence of Igbo coup, so every little detail became twisted as an evidence.
O
Ironsi never had an Igbo union meeting with Ndiigbo where it was decided that the coup plotters should be spared, if you had evidence of such a tribal meeting, provide it here. Ironsi was acting out of his own free will, he wouldn't even take Ojukwu's advice. Ironsi wasn't a democratically elected person, he represented no one but himself and his own whims and caprices.

You are very funny sha! So, imprisonment is equal to murder?! Sir, thou art pathetic! And for your info, ironsi never imprisoned no body. The northerners asked him to reprimand the coup plotters; he only promised without fulfilling. Someone killed my father and you want me to be happy that the person only got some reversible jail term?

5 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by umar745(m): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2015
Duru1:

The writer of the above crap is one of the major reasons Nigeria will continue to remain under develop. Ironsi cannot just execute coup plotters when such action was not warranted in the constitution or even in the army code of conduct. Ironsi constitute an armed forces panel that included acting IGP to investigate issues about the coup including anybody who was not arrested.
so major Nzeogwu killed Ahmadu Bello, his wife and guards. While Major Okafor killed Tafawa Balewa and Samuel Akintola and yet you say Ironsi can not execute them cos the executing them will be unwarranted.
You must have noodles as brains.
PS: The authors of those books where both liutenant colonels in the nigerian army b4 defecting to biafra where they led the war as generals.

4 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:

Story for the gods, part 4.

It was never the will of the people.

Nothing stops the town from going back to Obigbo, as they are fully in charge of their destiny now, but they simply don't care anymore. So, I say it's the will of the people.

Ilorin is no longer under the control of Yorubas, the Fulanis are now in control, how exactly you see that as the same scenario as that of Oyigbo is exactly beyond me.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by tuk2ato(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2015
I love your tattoo and bikini.
londongal03:
My ppl stop fooling yourself with Nigeria, read the evil planned against you.
SOUTHEAST SHOULD BE CAREFUL
I am a soldier, I will not give my name for the sake of my life . my message is simple, I can't stop myself from letting people understand the danger they are in,in Nigeria (especially those in the southeast),after my fellow soldiers here in southern Kaduna, Kaduna state,yesterday being Sunday 08 march,invaded a church and killed innocent Christian youths guarding their church against suicide bombers from gaining access in to the church compound during their church service. My conscience keeps judging me for not letting people know what I know. I am a christian but here in the military camp, I dare not let them know about this or I will be on the next troop heading to confront Boko Haram without enough rains of ammunition to fight them and certainly will get killed . most of our men deployed to fight Boko Haram are christian soldiers from the eastern and southeastern part of the country ,I cry inside me each time they leave the camp to confront Boko Haram as most of them don't make it back alive and nobody cares to retrieve their body from Boko Haram .messages are set to their families back in the far eastern part of the country that they killed in a car accident and I wonder why their families don't demand for the bodies of their children they claim where involved in a car accident ,what a pity. The reason why I want people to know this ,is not because of all that had happened to Christians all over this country but because of the things they are going to face very soon , I must confess that Christians don't respond to dangers approaching them until they all die , they think that God will come down from heaven to defend their life instantly but that is not true because I am a christian also ,from kano state .Nobody suspect that I am a christian because I am from the North and they think that all Northerners are Muslim but that is not true .The message is that Boko Haram men are all over Nigeria now believe it or not, Boko Haram has also joined ISIS (Islamic State) in the Arab world and I don't know if the christian people understand what that means .150 women recently have been beheaded by ISIS and most of the women where discovered to be pregnant women ,Boko Haram is expected to carry out the same thing since they have pledged allegiance to ISIS, this is just an introduction ,the main message is that 6 years ago , Boko Haram young members joined the Nigeria Defense Academy like ordinary citizens showing interest to gain admission ,join any of the arm force for the defense of the Nation but that was not the reason ,60% of them gained admission and graduated . Recently , that group have been deployed to the eastern part of the country along with few genuine soldiers , their mission is simple and they will carry it out once the order comes . many people may see them as ordinary soldiers but the truth is that 90% of the soldiers in every checkpoint and camps in the eastern part of the country are Boko Haram members in army uniforms ,they are soldiers but their mission is different from others . please my christian brothers be wise . you may be wondering how I got this information , remember I am from the North , the northerners are not considered Christians here even when some of us are.It will interest you to know that many of our soldiers here are working for Boko Haram , not because they like them but because of the money they are been paid by the Boko Haram for every information and attacks the soldier themselves carry against Christians and the Government cannot provide the soldiers with such money . Do not see all Northerners as bad people , some of us are good but it is very difficult to tell so I don't blame anyone that think that we are all the same . For me I know that I will die because the Boko Haram are getting more help and resources than we the soldiers. Please help me to save people that I can not save as soldier by spreading this message to save livesk especially those in the southeast before the order gets to Boko Haram soldiers there . I will be happy in heaven for your good works if I die . I copied it and share with you, please do the same too, wake-up my ppl.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2015
wadetaw202:

You are very funny sha! So, imprisonment is equal to murder?! Sir, thou art pathetic! And for your info, ironsi never imprisoned no body. The northerners asked him to reprimand the coup plotters; he only promised without fulfilling. Someone killed my father and you want me to be happy that the person only got some reversible jail term?

What are you talking about? Nzeogwu and other coup plotters were imprisoned by Ironsi, they were only later released by Ojukwu in Biafra following Ironsi's death.
http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8721.htm

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by superstar1(m): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Nothing stops the town from going back to Obigbo, as they are fully in charge of their destiny now, but they simply don't care anymore. So, I say it's the will of the people.

Ilorin is no longer under the control of Yorubas, the Fulanis are now in control, how exactly you see that as the same scenario as that of Oyigbo is exactly beyond me.

I laff in mandarin.

As if olusola, bukola sarakis, simeon Ajibola and Ahmed the present governor are from fouta djallon.

However,read up on the ijaw man Melford Okilo that changed the name of your streets and towns. David Mark was the chairman of the committee on abandoned property, what have you done to him? Instead, you were all busy licking the a55 of an ijaw man, in a sycophantic manner, that was obvious to the born blind at birth that the guy was a monumental failure.

I repeat. Go to Rivers State, reclaim your properties, renamed streets and towns first, before you can talk of Ilorin.

5 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 8:59am On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:

I laff in mandarin.

As if olusola, bukola sarakis, simeon Ajibola and Ahmed the present governor are from fouta djallon.

However,read up on the ijaw man Melford Okilo that changed the name of your streets and towns. David Mark was the chairman of the committee on abandoned property, what have you done to him? Instead, you were all busy licking the a55 of an ijaw man, in a sycophantic manner, that was obvious to the born blind at birth that the guy was a monumental failure.

I repeat. Go to Rivers State, reclaim your properties, renamed streets and towns first, before you can talk of Ilorin.

Okilo is long gone but the people have grown comfortable with the New name, so are not in any rush to change it!

Abandoned property? That's old news, Ndiigbo have moved forward and now even owe more property than they had in the past. David Mark and his people will give a limb to be where Ndiigbo are today.

GEJ is an Ogbia man. Those of us in the East know the difference. He wasn't half as bad and incompetent as the Ugly Yoruba president of Ota farm, yet Yorubas supported his 2nd tenure bid. Don't think you deceive anybody with your " we vote for performance" mantra!

The Ikwerres can rename their streets to anything they want, it's their land, Constantinople was changed to Istanbul by the native turks, London(Londinium) was named so by the Romans, nothing is new in renaming of cities, towns and streets.

What matters is who is in control at the moment.
The Ezes are in control of all the Ndoki and Asa towns in Oyigbo LGAs, the Emir is in control of Ilorin, if adopting a Yoruba name makes you happy to be conquered and ruled by foreigners, no problem, as long as peace reigns in the Emirates kingdom of Ilorin. *grins*
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by superstar1(m): 10:02am On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Okilo is long gone but the people have grown comfortable with the New name, so are not in any rush to change it!

Abandoned property? That's old news, Ndiigbo have moved forward and now even owe more property than they had in the past. David Mark and his people will give a limb to be where Ndiigbo are today.

GEJ is an Ogbia man. Those of us in the East know the difference. He wasn't half as bad and incompetent as the Ugly Yoruba president of Ota farm, yet Yorubas supported his 2nd tenure bid. Don't think you deceive anybody with your " we vote for performance" mantra!

The Ikwerres can rename their streets to anything they want, it's their land, Constantinople was changed to Istanbul by the native turks, London(Londinium) was named so by the Romans, nothing is new in renaming of cities, towns and streets.

What matters is who is in control at the moment.
The Ezes are in control of all the Ndoki and Asa towns in Oyigbo LGAs, the Emir is in control of Ilorin, if adopting a Yoruba name makes you happy to be conquered and ruled by foreigners, no problem, as long as peace reigns in the Emirates kingdom of Ilorin. *grins*

See ranting.

So is Emirship not a religious title? Who are the people that dominates Ilorin? Muslims of course. If there are comfortable with their religious title of Emirship, whose business is that. When Boko Haram captured towns, they renamed eg Minimah's town was renamed as the Town of Mohammed.

Did you see anybody renaming Ilorin? Naaaaaaa

Was Obigbo renamed by minorities. Yes, Obigbo was turned to Oyigbo.

Were your streets renamed by minorities? Yes, U must were turned to Rumus.

Were you chased out of your houses like goats and your properties declared abandoned and hijacked? Yes.

What have you done about all these?

Deal with that first before coming to a religious title of Emirship of Ilorin.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:

See ranting.

So is Emirship not a religious title? Who are the people that dominates Ilorin? Muslims of course. If there are comfortable with their religious title of Emirship, whose business is that. When Boko Haram captured towns, they renamed eg Minimah's town was renamed as the Town of Mohammed.

Did you see anybody renaming Ilorin? Naaaaaaa

Was Obigbo renamed by minorities. Yes, Obigbo was turned to Oyigbo.

Were your streets renamed by minorities? Yes, U must were turned to Rumus.

Were you chased out of your houses like goats and your properties declared abandoned and hijacked? Yes.

What have you done about all these?

Deal with that first before coming to a religious title of Emirship of Ilorin.

Ilorin is not Yorubaland. There is no Oba of Ilorin, Emir to the North is more than just a religious leader. Religion and tradition in the Fulanis are one.

Is there any title like Oba of Ilorin? No.

Why? Because religion and tradition are one to the Fulanis.

Was Ilorin conquered and subjected under the fulani rulers? Yes!

Was the lazy Yorubas able to win back Ilorin? No.

Do the Fulanis care about the name of Ilorin? No. They only care about ruling it, and claiming it as theirs, the name of the town is insignificant.

Did the Yoruba phantom diplomacy help them to retake the political control of Ilorin? No!

Thanks.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by superstar1(m): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Ilorin is not Yorubaland. There is no Oba of Ilorin, Emir to the North is more than just a religious leader. Religion and tradition in the Fulanis are one.

Is there any title like Oba of Ilorin? No.

Why? Because religion and tradition are one to the Fulanis.

Was Ilorin conquered and subjected under the fulani rulers? Yes!

Was the lazy Yorubas able to win back Ilorin? No.

Do the Fulanis care about the name of Ilorin? No. They only care about ruling it, and claiming it as theirs, the name of the town is insignificant.

Did the Yoruba phantom diplomacy help them to retake the political control of Ilorin? No!

Thanks.

Fulanis have the religious title and we have the political power and we are OK with that.

The name of the town was never changed -- Ilorin. Say same for Obigbo and the Umus and let me give you dirty slap with my backhand. Renaming your town was a total obliteration of your ancestral input into such town. Sincerely, your ancestors ought to have risen up and give you guys dirty slap for allowing such to happen.

When will you reclaim your forefathers houses streets and towns?

That is a major slap.on your face from a minority group. Deal with that first and come back over Ilorin.

Just keep serving your lord and master, the ijaw people and forever keep quiet in your servitude to them.

5 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 10:47am On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:

Fulanis have the religious title and we have the political power and we are OK with that.

The name of the town was never changed -- Ilorin. Day same for Obigbo and the Umus and let me give you dirty slap with my backhand

When will you reclaim your forefathers houses streets and towns?

That is a major slap.on your face from a minority group. Deal with that first and come back over Ilorin.

Just keep serving your lord and master, the ijaw people and forever keep quiet in your servitude to them.

Problem is that you speak on matters you know little about. The "Rumu" are Ikwerres self imposed identity crisis, nobody forced them, and they reserve the exclusive rights to rename their towns as they please.

There are no "Rumu" madness anywhere else except in Ikwerrelands, even the Ogbas, Ekpeye, Etches still use "Umu".

Who gave you the political power in Ilorin? Haha! Does the Sarakis see themselves as Yorubas or as Fulanis with Yoruba maternal influence? Here is Sarakis speaking of their Mali fulani ancestry https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali *grins*.

They conquered your lands, installed their rulers and convert your women to baby making factories in other to assimiliate, and you think you have political control? Haha! So much for your diplomacy.

The property and houses have been re bought with money, money answereth all things you know? Haha! so when are you going to have an Oba of Ilorin?

How can we be under the servitude of Ijaws,is PH under the control of Ijaws as we speak? Does the Ijaw have traditional / political control of any Igbo town?
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Aseneshii: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2015
The same way you refuse to forgive the north for the past 49 years .. That makes you the same .
Equalizer:

That's what we are saying here.. An average Hausa man knows nothing about forgiveness.. You people killed Gen. Aguiyi Thomson Umunnakwe Ironsi simply because his tribal man killed belewa and bello... Can you hear yourself?

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by superstar1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Problem is that you speak on matters you know little about. The "Rumu" are Ikwerres self imposed identity crisis, nobody forced them, and they reserve the exclusive rights to rename their towns as they please.

There are no "Rumu" madness anywhere else except in Ikwerrelands, even the Ogbas, Ekpeye, Etches still use "Umu".

Who gave you the political power in Ilorin? Haha! Does the Sarakis see themselves as Yorubas or as Fulanis with Yoruba maternal influence? Here is Sarakis speaking of their Mali fulani ancestry https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali *grins*.

They conquered your lands, installed their rulers and convert your women to baby making factories in other to assimiliate, and you think you have political control? Haha! So much for your diplomacy.

The property and houses have been re bought with money, money answereth all things you know? Haha! so when are you going to have an Oba of Ilorin?

How can we be under the servitude of Ijaws,is PH under the control of Ijaws as we speak? Does the Ijaw have traditional / political control of any Igbo town?

See another lengthy story for the gods. Try harder with your Once Upon a time story.

So the maternal side of the Sarakis was so strong that they are bearing Saraki, they are bearing Olusola, they are bearing Bukola etc. Then, there paternal side must be useless. Your stupidity seems to know no bounds.

Do you think there is any true igboman walking the surface of the earth, taking into cognisance the impact of the hausas forceful carnal knowledge of your mothers and daughters, during the war. Majority of you are carrying mallo-genes, deal with that.

However, you have not explained how an Ijawman changed an Igbo town's name from Obigbo to Oyigbo till this day, without any remedy to it. Like I told you, that singular act obliterated your ancestors from the town of Oyigbo.

You are under the servitude of an Ijawman. It is a known fact in this country and we all saw how your pathetic blind tribalistic and sycophantic politics played out, just because of one adopted name of "Ebele". Really su.cks to be this people. Wallahi.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by clemzo101(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
I love dis
onatisi:
I remember what awolowo told abiola in 1982 when npn refused to give mko the ticket and he went to beg awolowo for forgiveness. Baba told mko that the northerners mko supported against him awolowo and who mko is always following about will be the same people that will kill him. And just like baba predicted it all happened
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by wadetaw202: 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

What are you talking about? Nzeogwu and other coup plotters were imprisoned by Ironsi, they were only later released by Ojukwu in Biafra following Ironsi's death.
http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8721.htm

And that sounded like justice to you? Why were they not put in northern prison? Why were they taken to southeast to serve jail term? It only means the so called "imprisonment" is mere coverup.

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Ayus34(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Equalizer:

What happened in 1966 coup was nothing short of revenge cos Gowon, Murtala, Danjuma and other senior officers felt betrayed by the eastern and western region cos the original plan was for all the Democratic leaders to be wiped out but Azikiwe,Awololo and that mid western man survived the attack and only the north recorded heavy casualties.. Am sure till date, the north are yet to forgive the Igbos for what Kaduna chukwuma Nzengwo did to their great men..
I believe u know AWO was in prison and ironsi refused to release him.....but thank God,his fate kept and protect him in prison for evil days,while his enemies killed themselves before Gowon regime later released him!

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by onuwaje(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ok I have seen different accounts concerning the 1966 coup (be it igbo coup or coup of the majors).. here's my contribution

who re we to blame?
Let's start with our colonial masters. in my own opinion they r d primary cause of the problems we have as nigerians today.. problems ranging from nepotism etc. The idea of joining the northern and soutern protectorates to me was a wrong move because

1. These 2 protectorates were cut out between religious lines
2. By now it would have been better to have 2 separate entities to save us the stress of regionalism we r having today
3.by favouring the northerners due to their loyalty as a result of the indirect rule in a country where d number of ethnic tribes r so many and probably have been fighting each oda for years was also a wrong move.

This leaves me to blame the next set of people

the northerners
Having enjoyed lots of privilege from d whites in the sense of federalism and oneness. The 'born' to rule attitude shudnt have come to place. And even senr statements of the north like 'ahmadu bello' whose disdain for his country men from d east at that tym was appalling

the coup plotters
Though corruption was vast during that period. Killing of all prominent politicians instead of detaining dem to me was d flop that led to this

This is my opinion.. I stand to b corrected not insulted
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by tubolancer(m): 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
All I will say concerning all these argument, is for every tribes to be wise.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

Only Ironsi knew why he refused to kill the coup plotters, cos I remember that they were all punished by being jailed, though I assume that wasn't enough punishment for you guys. You were always fishing for non existing evidence of Igbo coup, so every little detail became twisted as an evidence.

Ironsi never had an Igbo union meeting with Ndiigbo where it was decided that the coup plotters should be spared, if you had evidence of such a tribal meeting, provide it here. Ironsi was acting out of his own free will, he wouldn't even take Ojukwu's advice. Ironsi wasn't a democratically elected person, he represented no one but himself and his own whims and caprices.

Don't twist history. The coupists were not jailed, but detained. This could have been planned because according to Ojukwu, "When I was announced as the Governor of the Eastern Region, I started working secretly to get all the detainees transferred to the east." (Because I Am Involved, page 156).

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Don't twist history. The coupists were not jailed, but detained. This could have been planned because according to Ojukwu, "When I was announced as the Governor of the Eastern Region, I started working secretly to get all the detainees transferred to the east." (Because I Am Involved, page 156).

The same way Eastern leaders worked for Awo to be jailed in the East instead of the North.

The coupist were all in prison, pending investigations, whether you want to use the word detained or jailed is a matter of semantics.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
pazienza:

The same way Eastern leaders worked for Awo to be jailed in the East instead of the North.

The coupist were all in prison, pending investigations, whether you want to use the word detained or jailed is a matter of semantics.
You have no point.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You have no point.

Right! *grins*
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Macelliot(m): 10:31am On Jul 07, 2015
God have Mercy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fatima Abubakar And Mahmoud Yuguda Wedding Pictures / Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / President Buhari Appoints George Moghalu As NIWA Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.