Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? (2741 Views)

New way MTN steals your airtime. / How Smartphone Makers Are Defrauding Nigerians / MTN Is Giving Out Free 150mb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by s3nn2x(m): 10:04am On Apr 25, 2015
I got a message from MTN on Wednesday telling me that 'Obinna invited you to join Facebook.Reply "Stop" to stop getting Facebook texts". Although, my number is not on my Facebook account, I just decided to send "Stop" to 631 which was the number that sent the message. I assumed it was going to be free. When I sent the message, N30 was deducted from my account. I was so shocked and angry. When I logged into Facebook, I discovered that there was no sort of notification from any "Obinna".

Then this morning I got another message this time from MTNN "Dear S3nn2x, Abigail has sent you a message on Facebook. Dial *510*55# and use quick Facebook your Facebook messages without internet charges. Dial *510*55# now." I immediately checked my account and did not see any message from "Abigail", besides I don't even have any "Abigail" in my account.

Why would MTN be sending false information to her customers just because they want to deduct their accounts fraudulently.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by slimfancier(f): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2015
it's allowed, all Na business strategy. grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2015
It happens alot to me too. I get a Facebook notification, i log on to Facebook and there is no friend request.
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by ITbomb(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
As long as mumu still exist, money will always be taken from them by smarter people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by Gbraphael: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
ITbomb:
As long as mumu still exist, money will always be taken from them by smarter people

Word.
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by umar1988: 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
its because we don't know our rite, that is human rite, which we really have to work over it
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by encryptjay(m): 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
These networks especially MTN are bunch of thieves. They keep auto-subsribing me to stuffs that I don't give a hoot about.
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by erudyt(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
Na today? Shebi dem dey send you message, me they just deduct at will. The thing don tire me self. undecided
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by coolest0(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
ITbomb:

That is why I was so happy when I had the opportunity of accumulating their MB free of charge. Am still left with 50gig expiring in August... Empty hen are f***ked up
angry
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by Femistico(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
Next time wenever mtn or any number sent u a msg and telling u to send 'stop' u better dont bcuz ur moni will be ripoff
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by mjames: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Delete any message you are not clear about. Simple
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
G boys are busy profiting on net...u dey here dey complain grin
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by tomiobj(m): 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
On my glo. They remove my credit weneva I check my data balance
s3nn2x:
I got a message from MTN on Wednesday telling me that 'Obinna invited you to join Facebook.Reply "Stop" to stop getting Facebook texts". Although, my number is not on my Facebook account, I just decided to send "Stop" to 631 which was the number that sent the message. I assumed it was going to be free. When I sent the message, N30 was deducted from my account. I was so shocked and angry. When I logged into Facebook, I discovered that there was no sort of notification from any "Obinna".

Then this morning I got another message this time from MTNN "Dear S3nn2x, Abigail has sent you a message on Facebook. Dial *510*55# and use quick Facebook your Facebook messages without internet charges. Dial *510*55# now." I immediately checked my account and did not see any message from "Abigail", besides I don't even have any "Abigail" in my account.

Why would MTN be sending false information to her customers just because they want to deduct their accounts fraudulently.
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by s3nn2x(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
tomiobj:
On my glo. They remove my credit weneva I check my data balance
Na wa oooo.

There was a time something not so similar was happening to me. It was around 2006 when I was using a Bird phone with Airtel sim, anytime I receive a message, my airtime would be deducted. It was the phone's fault sha because whenever I get such a message, I'd borrow a phone from a friend and put the sim there to read the message.
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by tomiobj(m): 11:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
s3nn2x:

Na wa oooo.

There was a time something not so similar was happening to me. It was around 2006 when I was using a Bird phone with Airtel sim, anytime I receive a message, my airtime would be deducted. It was the phone's fault sha because whenever I get such a message, I'd borrow a phone from a friend and put the sim there to read the message.
. Dear is nfn wrong wif ma fone oo
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by Osakah24(m): 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
s3nn2x:

Na wa oooo.

bros,airtel and 2006 have nothing in common.just saying.
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 26, 2015
S3nn2x you dey para.No be only you oh.Those mudafuckers be sending me this everyday as well.Dem no even free make I opt out.I call customer care tire all na Patience go to school den dey tell me.

Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by NegeduGrace(f): 9:52am On Apr 26, 2015
Hahaha..ur own beta self..dats wat hapened 2 me dat I stoped facebooking with my mtn sim..d most annoyin thing about dem is sendin u useless messages dat re of no importance 2 u more dan 20times in a day!
Re: Is This Another Way MTN Is Defrauding Unsuspecting Nigerians? by s3nn2x(m): 10:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Osakah24:
bros,airtel and 2006 have nothing in common.just saying.
Econet, Celtel, Zain, Airtel...all Join!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Atm Or Internet / Tecno Goes Swag With Eye-scanner Smartphone, Camon C9 / How To Identify A Genuine Infinix Phone And Battery - ZH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.