Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

New way MTN steals your airtime. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New way MTN steals your airtime. (3568 Views)

How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent / Beware! GO Keyboard Steals Your Email Login Details And Other Personal Infos / Virus That Steals Your Sensitive Information And Won’t Be Detected By Antivirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
All together MTN still remains the most sought after network and also remain the most fraudulent telecom service provider in Nigeria.
The new system they now use is to send in pop up messages that don't go to your inbox with request for you to subscribe for a caller tune. If it flashes onto your phone screen while you are busy on a chat or browsing the net,your impulse in shutting it off your phone screen quickly will see you hit the cancel button which MTN has strategically placed on "OK" button. Which means you subscribe unknowingly and your money is immediately deducted. This is fraud MTN!! And a coercion under duress and people will discover your activities soon and migrate to other networks....MTN be warned. NCC please be more watchful. Thank you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
They keep deducting my #50 nd #100 for things I didn't subscribe for. I have tried many times to port to etisalat but porting centers is had to find. NCC is not doing their job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by OGeeKush(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
I tell you.. I loaded 100 naira last week and i gt a msg that my subscription for mtn game plus was successful.. I was like wtf!! Since then i recharge on my other sim and transfer o0 plus to my main acct...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
strong766:
They keep deducting my #50 nd #100 for things I didn't subscribe for. I have tried many times to port to etisalat but porting centers is had to find. NCC is not doing their job.
I guess you fell victim to this plot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
OGeeKush:
I tell you.. I loaded 100 naira last week and i gt a msg that my subscription for mtn game plus was successful.. I was like wtf!! Since then i recharge on my other sim and transfer o0 plus to my main acct...
And you also. NCC aint working!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by joseph214(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
Their latest way of stealing is deducting your money for game+ through an ad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by holatin(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
U just know ? Mtn place in hell (if it exist) is a large hot burning furnace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
holatin:
U just know ?
Mtn place in hell (if it exist) is a large hot burning furnace
MTN shebi una dey see am so? Tankio! Don menshun.

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
if its possible to browse with operamini only pls do. Game plus is now activated tru ad pop ups wch usually occurs in Chrome and mozilla.

2 Likes

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
if its possible to browse with operamini only pls do. Game plus is now activated tru ad pop ups wch usually occurs in Chrome and mozilla.
mtn has taken us for granted because NCC has been compromised.

tankio don menshun.

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2016
Mods or whoever is the Bleep in charge here should get this to the appropriate page for NCC to react quickly as this is no longer funny what MTN is doing to us as customers.I have personaly lost thousands of unutilized naira to MTNs fraud and I am not happy about it. So let's cut the chase and do the right thing even if it suits you guys to create another topic in the name of one of your goons to get this information to the right page for Nigerians to take note. No thanks.

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by joshikenna1(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2016
I'm victim to that game plus nonsense, my dad has been also. We all need to stage a protest on the internet then NCC can hear us.

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by Youngpo413: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2016
Still the best network......

2 Likes

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by donhils: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
But you'll have to click on the pop up ads b4 the game plus is activated?

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
donhils:

But you'll have to click on the pop up ads b4 the game plus is activated?
no, its auto

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
joshikenna1:
I'm victim to that game plus nonsense, my dad has been also. We all need to stage a protest on the internet then NCC can hear us.
That's exactly what I am trying to do here cos its getting too much for this MTN people. They charge us higher than any other country they operate in yet they still cheat us like we are fools or what?

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by yhungboss: 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Truth, it happened to me

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
yhungboss:
Truth, it happened to me
ok.The list is growing. Now check the illegal amount they rake in tru these means on a daily basis,then you realize this MTN people must be stopped.

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by Codenister: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
I fell victim to the game+ issh too.
A whole 100 naira in this hard time.
MTN, weldone oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 5:16am On Oct 22, 2016
Codenister:
I fell victim to the game+ issh too.
A whole 100 naira in this hard time.
MTN, weldone oo
it has to stop!

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by lhawarl1(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2016
Chaii, and i wan buy MTN sim card today[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2016
lhawarl1:
Chaii, and i wan buy MTN sim card today[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
bros no buy o! Na scam full MTN o!

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by whisp3r(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2016
I also fell victim this morning. I woke up to see I was subscribed to MTN Game +.

I have sent them a message on twitter.

3 Likes

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2016
whisp3r:
I also fell victim this morning. I woke up to see I was subscribed to MTN Game +.

I have sent them a message on twitter.
For where! They have taken it and all they can say is sorry o! Its called coperate fraud.
Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by Pistolx(m): 10:55am On Oct 22, 2016
Sometimes I do wonder whether mtn do employ scammers as workers the level of scamming is too Much
Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by kene05(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2016
OGeeKush:
When you be dey do cheat, u no sabi.. It's payback time bro
Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by Tonydeeb(m): 11:09am On Oct 22, 2016
For more than three weeks, these bozos kept deducting #20 from my balance on a daily basis for a something I knew not about; RatenDate or whatever the charade was called!.
I decided to chat with their customer care and the scalawags kept telling me "We have discovered you subscribed to a service Rate n Date. Would you like for us to deactivate it"... Bastards, no 'Re-activate' it... Why else was I chatting to tender my complaint?.
The funniest part was that this went on for about 4 times, because each time I was about replying in the affirmative, I would get an alert "Sorry, you have been disconnected from the chat..."bladdi bladdi blah blah.
Was surprised when I got a message hours later that I've been discontinued from the service.
How in god's name will you have a service to be subscibed to wivout a way to unsubscribe!... Terrible terrible, daylight robbers!.

1 Like

Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2016
Pistolx:
Sometimes I do wonder whether mtn do employ scammers as workers the level of scamming is too Much
of course its possible they have casual workers for this stunt who throw this messages at random.
Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by fyneboi79(m): 11:24am On Oct 22, 2016
Tonydeeb:
For more than three weeks, these bozos kept deducting #20 from my balance on a daily basis for a something I knew not about; RatenDate or whatever the charade was called!.
I decided to chat with their customer care and the scalawags kept telling me "We have discovered you subscribed to a service Rate n Date. Would you like for us to deactivate it"... Bastards, no 'Re-activate' it... Why else was I chatting to tender my complaint?.
The funniest part was that this went on for about 4 times, because each time I was about replying in the affirmative, I would get an alert "Sorry, you have been disconnected from the chat..."bladdi bladdi blah blah.
Was surprised when I got a message hours later that I've been discontinued from the service.
How in god's name will you have a service to be subscibed to wivout a way to unsubscribe!... Terrible terrible, daylight robbers!.
MTN is defrauding Nigerians in Billions of naira and NCC does nothing about it. Too bad!
Re: New way MTN steals your airtime. by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2016
Empty-Hen shaa...
This is very true.. The pop Up message comes up most times when you're browsing or doing something vital.. So you'll have to quickly take it off the screen by pressing OK and they'll start deducting Ur money..

The message sometimes come in form of Subscribe for CRonaldo rubbish.. CRonaldo is making his own money... what's my own business...

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Hands On Review and Unboxing Of A Smartphone Controlled Drone - NaijaTechGuy / TECNO Camon 11 Pro Unboxing And First Impression / Blackberry Saga!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.