Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Beginners Guide To Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Beginners Guide To Wordpress (1728 Views)

Can I Move The Files On My Blogger To Wordpress / 3 Reasons Why You Should Not Move From Blogger To Wordpress, Yet! / How To Move From Blogger To Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beginners Guide To Wordpress by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2015
Beginners guide to wordpress is a must because WordPress is one of the most widely used Blogging platforms. It’s an open source CMS which is powered by PHP and MySQL. According to recent surveys, almost 20.7% of websites on Internet is powered by WordPress.

Like which is powered by Google, WordPress is powered by its parent company Automattic which offers two variation of this popular blogging platform; and WordPress.org (Self hosted WordPress). Therefore, you need this guide to wordpress.

This article was carved out of Hash Agraval’s ebook: “The Ultimate WordPress Guide” Hash is the publisher of one of the fast growing blogs on the internet today, he makes a living from blogging; meet Hash at ShoutMeLoud.

WordPress was started as a blogging tool that evolved as a CMS (Content management system). First version of WordPress was released in 2003, and it is an Open source project licensed under GPLV2. In the last 12 years, WordPress evolved as one of the most popular platform for creating blogs and Websites.

WordPress is based on PHP and MySQL, and is founded by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. WordPress project is backed up by parent company Automattic, which also offers various WordPress related services and products like , VaultPress, JetPack, VideoPress, WordPress VIP, Gravatar and many more.

For beginners, here are two important things to know about WordPress:

1. WordPress themes
Unlike standard Website and CMS’s we know of, WordPress is backed up by a huge community of freelance designers, developers and WordPress development companies that offers free and premium WordPress theme.

One of the biggest challenges for a website today is to have a great design, and WordPress themes are answer to that. Anyone can download WordPress themes for free from official WordPress repo, 3rd party Websites or by paying a little for premium market place.

With few clicks of button, you can change the design and look of your theme. As I mentioned above, WordPress can be use to create a blog or a Website, and theme part makes it really easy for anyone to start a Website with almost no coding knowledge.

2. WordPress plugins
WordPress plugins extend the core features of WordPress software. It helps in adding new features to your WordPress powered Websites, and there is a WordPress plugins for almost everything. All you need to do is find a plugins (features) that you need for your WordPress powered site, and with the help of the plugins; you can easily add your desired feature.

Due to huge number of WordPress plugins, one can easily get confused with which plugins to use and that is why you need a guide to wordpress. A solution to this is listed to the professionals who have been running and managing professional blogs on WordPress. You can download WordPress plugins from official plugins directory or from many individual plugins developer or companies. In the end section of this eBook, I have shared a list of WordPress plugins that you should have on your blog.
vs. WordPress.Org: What’s the difference?

WordPress offers two variations of its software: and WordPress.org. WordPress.org is also popularly known as self hosted WordPress blog, which I will explain later. For now, let’s have a look at . Read details @ http://efogator.com/beginners-guide-to-wordpress/

(1) (Reply)

How To Design A Site Like Nairaland On Wapact / How To Get Unlimited Shares To Your Blog Articles Rocking World Wide / I Can Setup A Blog For Adsense Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.