Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! (1548 Views)

How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact / List Of Companies In Nigeria You Can Apply To. Zenith Bank On Point!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! by cobsol(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
TO GET A JOB YOU MUST BE AMONG THE 1’S ( learn how to land a new job from a senior HR consultant in Nigeria.)

It’s no news again that the job market in Nigeria is crowded, speaking from a practical point of view, in recent times only but a handful is grantee a job after graduation. In a proportional ratio the few that gets the job as against the many that don’t could be presented to be 1’s out of 100’s, this is to say only one out of very many graduates gets a good job after graduating from the higher institution or any other form of higher learning.

The fact is, in the midst of this entire crowd all companies including the multinationals are always searching for a candidate. To we, experts in human resource management the big question today isn’t why Nigeria aren’t producing enough jobs, but our big question is how do the 1’s who actually gets the few jobs emerge?
I will try to give you some secrets from our findings in this article if you could be patients to read till the end.
Not very long ago, you will recall that the number one employer of labour as far as West Africa labour market is concern (Aliku Dangote) come out on an interview to lament that Nigeria graduates are not employable, if you followed the story very well you also should recalled that the masses frowns at that statement badly, however that massage blow up what we in human resource suffering in terms of selecting a credible candidate for our client companies, millions of job seekers very few qualified candidates that’s what am referring to in this instants.
Oh those few who are hot cakes in the industry, we call them the 1’s.

WHO ARE THESE 1’s?
The 1’s are the few job seeking candidates in the market who have value to truly offer as against the over alarming multitudes who seeks salaries to collect.
The hard truth is, If you have gone for many job interviews and didn’t break through, it could be you are still languishing in the crowed amongst the 99’s, do you believe in yourself so much and you feel you have some disagreement with this article, just scale yourself by answering this questions below:

1. DO YOU HAVE A DREAM CAREER? Some people are so annoying, anything goes, they use one CV to apply for telecommunication jobs, Oil and Gas related jobs, Engineering related jobs and any other vacancy that pops up.

2. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL DEMANDS OF YOUR DREAM CAREER? Many careers like that of the oil and gas does not accept blank experience CV’s, no matter how small an experience is, its gold on a cv.

3. WHAT CAN YOU DO THAT FEW OR NO BODY CAN DO FOR THAT YOUR DREAM COMPANY? This is not really about making the 2:1 grade; this is about application of real life knowledge to solve problems. It takes serious minded candidate to truly research into their dream careers / dream companies to find out pressing problems and work towards knowing how to proffer solution or even less come close to solving anything.

Dear reader, sorry if those questions offended you, on the cause of doing my job as a human resource consultant I have seen whole lots of candidates with no sign of value to give, the truth is no employer of labour would want them, yet when counseling with these candidates you will never fail to notice huge selfness in their wants.

Those 99’s who are always unsuccessful with job interviews always want:
- A job that will pays well,
- A company who can take care of their welfares in term of health packages
- Quality Retirements plans etc

But 99’s will never think of what to do to assist in bettering the companies:
- Over all image
- Advertisement
- ROI
- Improve HSE etc

The 1’s are actually difficult to find, many companies including multinationals are always looking for that special candidate who can fill up sensitive position in their company and own it.

The 1’s are known:
- By the way they package their CV’s with quality things
- The rich experience they’ve gotten from here and there
- By their push (always wanting to get an opportunity to solve a problem)
- Not pushing first for the money
- The quality things they say at oral interview ( full of solutions to a known well researched problem the company is currently facing.
- Above all the one’s are updated in trainings and certifications.

TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATION is the blood of every professional, industry quality training distinguishes, to us in HR we already know that the amount of professional training and certification a candidate has opens doors of opportunities for him / her. to get quality industry training Oil Train is the number one place in Nigeria see [url]www.oiltrain.org[/www.oiltrain.org]

DO YOU WANT A GOOD JOB?
1. Work on yourself: identify your greatest strength in a particular industry
2. Get branded trainings and certifications
3. Seek experience no matter how small even without pay
4. Research to find problems, research to find anything that will help to solve that problem
5. Update your cv properly
6. Learn how to talk at the orals
7. Sale out yourself.

I hope the article helps whoever that finds it.

My name is Engr. Ezekwere Ndubuisi
Senior HR consultant Oil and Gas Training Institute.
www.oiltrain.org

Should you need more career counseling you are free to write me an email
ezekwere.henry@oiltrain.org
Thank you.
Re: To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! by ndcide(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
Good one Engr.

Will you agree with me if I say that the HRMs are simply looking for bespoke candidates for most recruitment? This is because they have an exact requirement they want and look for candidates that fits in absolutely. This makes the HR job really difficult.

Most people have a dream career but can't actualize it because they don't have great job / work environment to develop and deploy their skills. That dream career sometimes dies. In an attempt to keep life going, most people take up another role. That's why you see brilliant EE & MECH Engineering graduates in banks while others are teaching physics and mathematics in secondary schools, just hoping for a breakthrough. When you HRMs see them after one year, will you still want to hire? Believe me, some may have needed
transferable skills.

I engaged a HRM who denied me an opportunity for a dream job role because she felt was not suitable
because, I'm presently in a different industry. Even
when I was willing to prove my mettle. She practically had to beg a Senior engineer is a related organization
to recommend a junior engineer for the role. This is a job role I've spent hundreds of Pounds training myself on.

I understand it could be difficult for most HRMs but where is the hard work, if they can't patiently and meticulously seek for gold from the 99. Besides the 1s were made by the opportunities they had. People don't have to be to exact to be given a chance.

The CTO in my company, though a foreigner is so versatile that he can retain his position in most Engineering related organization anywhere. isn't that lovely? People should be given opportunity to bud and grow.

For question 2, No matter how good one is; can one truly develop a career outside a job? I don't think so. One may know the professional level demand, have
required competence plus transferable skills, without the Job opportunity, it's Zero.

For question 3, It takes a lot to know what you can do for a dream company that few people or no one else can do. You really need great exposure especially in the specific industry and that's where the HARD work comes into play.

Great one Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! by cobsol(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thank you very much Ndcide for your very constructive agument.
Re: To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thank you sir Mr. Engineer
Re: To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! by ndcide(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
cobsol:
Thank you very much Ndcide for your very constructive agument.

thanks too. Hoping for other opinions.
Re: To Get A Job In Nigeria You Must Know This! by olajideportha(m): 12:14am On Apr 26, 2015
cobsol:
TO GET A JOB YOU MUST BE AMONG THE 1’S ( learn how to land a new job from a senior HR consultant in Nigeria.)

It’s no news again that the job market in Nigeria is crowded, speaking from a practical point of view, in recent times only but a handful is grantee a job after graduation. In a proportional ratio the few that gets the job as against the many that don’t could be presented to be 1’s out of 100’s, this is to say only one out of very many graduates gets a good job after graduating from the higher institution or any other form of higher learning.

The fact is, in the midst of this entire crowd all companies including the multinationals are always searching for a candidate. To we, experts in human resource management the big question today isn’t why Nigeria aren’t producing enough jobs, but our big question is how do the 1’s who actually gets the few jobs emerge?
I will try to give you some secrets from our findings in this article if you could be patients to read till the end.
Not very long ago, you will recall that the number one employer of labour as far as West Africa labour market is concern (Aliku Dangote) come out on an interview to lament that Nigeria graduates are not employable, if you followed the story very well you also should recalled that the masses frowns at that statement badly, however that massage blow up what we in human resource suffering in terms of selecting a credible candidate for our client companies, millions of job seekers very few qualified candidates that’s what am referring to in this instants.
Oh those few who are hot cakes in the industry, we call them the 1’s.

WHO ARE THESE 1’s?
The 1’s are the few job seeking candidates in the market who have value to truly offer as against the over alarming multitudes who seeks salaries to collect.
The hard truth is, If you have gone for many job interviews and didn’t break through, it could be you are still languishing in the crowed amongst the 99’s, do you believe in yourself so much and you feel you have some disagreement with this article, just scale yourself by answering this questions below:

1. DO YOU HAVE A DREAM CAREER? Some people are so annoying, anything goes, they use one CV to apply for telecommunication jobs, Oil and Gas related jobs, Engineering related jobs and any other vacancy that pops up.

2. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL DEMANDS OF YOUR DREAM CAREER? Many careers like that of the oil and gas does not accept blank experience CV’s, no matter how small an experience is, its gold on a cv.

3. WHAT CAN YOU DO THAT FEW OR NO BODY CAN DO FOR THAT YOUR DREAM COMPANY? This is not really about making the 2:1 grade; this is about application of real life knowledge to solve problems. It takes serious minded candidate to truly research into their dream careers / dream companies to find out pressing problems and work towards knowing how to proffer solution or even less come close to solving anything.

Dear reader, sorry if those questions offended you, on the cause of doing my job as a human resource consultant I have seen whole lots of candidates with no sign of value to give, the truth is no employer of labour would want them, yet when counseling with these candidates you will never fail to notice huge selfness in their wants.

Those 99’s who are always unsuccessful with job interviews always want:
- A job that will pays well,
- A company who can take care of their welfares in term of health packages
- Quality Retirements plans etc

But 99’s will never think of what to do to assist in bettering the companies:
- Over all image
- Advertisement
- ROI
- Improve HSE etc

The 1’s are actually difficult to find, many companies including multinationals are always looking for that special candidate who can fill up sensitive position in their company and own it.

The 1’s are known:
- By the way they package their CV’s with quality things
- The rich experience they’ve gotten from here and there
- By their push (always wanting to get an opportunity to solve a problem)
- Not pushing first for the money
- The quality things they say at oral interview ( full of solutions to a known well researched problem the company is currently facing.
- Above all the one’s are updated in trainings and certifications.

TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATION is the blood of every professional, industry quality training distinguishes, to us in HR we already know that the amount of professional training and certification a candidate has opens doors of opportunities for him / her. to get quality industry training Oil Train is the number one place in Nigeria see [url]www.oiltrain.org[/www.oiltrain.org]

DO YOU WANT A GOOD JOB?
1. Work on yourself: identify your greatest strength in a particular industry
2. Get branded trainings and certifications
3. Seek experience no matter how small even without pay
4. Research to find problems, research to find anything that will help to solve that problem
5. Update your cv properly
6. Learn how to talk at the orals
7. Sale out yourself.

I hope the article helps whoever that finds it.

My name is Engr. Ezekwere Ndubuisi
Senior HR consultant Oil and Gas Training Institute.
www.oiltrain.org

Should you need more career counseling you are free to write me an email
ezekwere.henry@oiltrain.org
Thank you.

Good one Eng.

(1) (Reply)

To Be Unemployed Or To Be Underemployed.. Which Is Better / Asaba Jobs / Urgent Reply Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.