Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Mary Jane Wrote Indonesia's President Joko Widodo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mary Jane Wrote Indonesia's President Joko Widodo (500 Views)

Lady Who Wrote JAMB Kidnapped In Kano After Her Examination. Photos / Body Of Executed Seck Osmane Buried In Indonesia / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mary Jane Wrote Indonesia's President Joko Widodo by easymanofdpeopl(m): 12:49am On Apr 26, 2015
"To Honorable President Joko Widodo:
"I sincerely appeal to you, Honorable Sir, to grant me a pardon from the death penalty. I believe and am certain that you have a compassionate heart and are very wise to make a humane decision.
"As a mother, I have two children who are still small and need the love of a mother very much whom they love in return.
"Honorable Sir, I believe that as the father of your child, you can feel what it would be like if your child were in the position of my own children, it is surely very painful because it would take away the right of my children to be with their mother, if my plea for pardon is not granted.
"Honorable Sir, I believe that as the Father of the Indonesian Nation you should protect your children, above all those who are genuinely innocent.
"I sincerely pray to be saved from the death penalty and to be given the opportunity to bring up my children.
"May God always bless Honorable President Joko Widodo and his whole family."
Atty. Olalia further indicated that "Mary Jane maintains absolute innocence. She may die but she firmly maintains she was a victim.
"She tells Philippine private lawyers more details of her ordeal.
"NUPL notices wide gaps in chain of custody of subject luggage from Malaysia to Indonesia that were all opportunities for placing or planting of heroin without her knowledge.
"She is happy that a second judicial review was filed and that all efforts are being made to save her. She thanks all supporters.
"Prison guards and officials very nice to Mary Jane and vouch for her amiable, thoughtfulness and bubbly personality.
"Visits being prepared tomorrow and Monday for longer time, till 4 pm. Today's visit short because she is still in semi-isolation."
For his part, Vice-President Jejomar Binay, who met his counterpart, Indonesia Vice President Jusuf Kalla in a private meeting at Bandung, handed over a letter of request from President Aquino asking President Joko Widodo for clemency on behalf of Veloso.

Vice-President Binay told journalists upon arrival from Indonesia on Saturday morning that he hopes the appeal will be heard "as Veloso is the only one among the death convicts who is not a courier," and as this is the first time she traveled abroad, she is apparently only a victim of drug syndicates.
(With a report from Eric Apolonio, InterAksyon.com)

(1) (Reply)

Korean Firm Loses $375K To Fake Pharrell Williams Show / Boko Haram Recapture Borno Town From Army / Fire Razes Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.