Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) (35332 Views)

Nigerian Victim Of Sex Trafficking In Italy Tells Her Shocking Story / Nigerian And Romanian Arrested For Drug-trafficking In Cambodia - Khmer Times / NDLEA Arrests Woman For Currency Trafficking In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by metronaija: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
An Indonesian court on Monday July 6th sentenced 33 year old Nigerian man Uzoma Elele Alpha (pictured below) to life imprisonment for possessing banned substances - methamphetamine and marijuana - worth an estimated $451,400.

Uzoma was arrested at his apartment at the Margonda Residence tower in Depok in December 2014 during a raid by authorities from the immigration office. The banned substance was found in his home after a search was conducted. Uzoma was discovered to also be living in the country illegally.

"Uzoma Elele Alpha has been proven guilty for owning grade 1 narcotic drugs and is sentenced to life imprisonment,” Judge Hariyanto said in his ruling at the court on the southern outskirts of Jakarta.

Chief prosecutor Eddy Abdul Aziz said his team would consider mounting an appeal to obtain the death sentence. Indonesian has strong policies against drug trafficking in their country. 4 Nigerians were in April this year executed in Indonesia for drug trafficking.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/photo-nigerian-man-sentenced-to-life-in.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by MosakuAW(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Indonesian has strong policies against drug trafficking in their country and people still went ahead to disobey their warnings.

I dont feel pity for him at all.

May he have a lovely stay in prison and pray for the authorities in that country not to push for death sentence.

This is another lesson to you thinking of smuggling drugs to get rich quicker.

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Dollyak(f): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
I can't believe people are still trying to do drug business in countries like Indonesia.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Beremx(f): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2015
I just don't know why Nigerians can't stay away from drug trafficking in another man's country. It baffles me honestly!

Ah ah!!!

embarassed

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by ModiKen(m): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2015
There is something wrong with every part of the country.

The Igbos are involved in drug trafficking and smuggling in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia; the Yorubas are involved in Yahoo Yahoo and juju pedling, the Hausa are involved in religious fanatism and killings of "infidels", the Binis are hell bent on travelling abroad even if it means crossing the dreaded Mediterranean sea......e.t.c

Every ethnic group has smting wrong with it.

If only the country was wrking as it ought to.

But for the greediness and corruption of Babaginda, Obasanjo, Jonathan and all those that have been part of their govt at one point in time or the other; we are whr we are today.

PMB pls distinguish urself from this lot and give us d change u promised; else history would add u to d bunch listed above.

214 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by OJUcrook: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2015
I don tire for these people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Dollyak:
I can't believe people are still trying to do drug business in countries like Indonesia.

I dey tell you

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by stuff46(m): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2015
All things work for the good of those who love God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by vjsmiles: 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
angry

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by sexaddict08(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Get rich or go to jail trying to....
una no dey tired
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by mrlaw93(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Anoda God forsaken being..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by justhelp(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Please no one should blame our govt for this, this issue is beyond govt, I think it has to do with individuals and families, untill some people realize that success is from God, not how far you push yourself, if you acquired wealth through illegal means that is not a success,its suffering and survival, some people in this part of the country want to acquire wealth any how just to flex and oppress their kingmen come December, this act is really pushing them to do anything to be rich before going back to the village, so the issue is a family issue not govt because while some of them are bad I hav lots of them as friends here doing their legit business and making cool cash, it only the greedy ones.

Families from this tribes should take pressure off their children, cos we all work in Nigeria to survive its only God that make one rich in my country, unless you are a politicians or relate to one, you are business man in oil and gas sectors, you are working wit one of the telecom. The rest it is not easy. Mama and papa pls leave them alone, stop comparison between your children and others, manage the little they can afford to give you for now, if you don't want them to die young.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by loomer: 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Na wa o, quick money syndrome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by ayusco85(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Indonesia helping Nigeria reduce its citizens since 15BC

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Life
Wow he might die there
Being i prison in those kind of countries aint a walk in the park ..
Anyway he broke d law sooo ..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by donholy28(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
The punishment for drug trafficking in Indonesia is death..... the stup*d man went to Indonesia to rub the names of Nigerians in mud...he get luck say dem just jail am

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by VickyRotex(f): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
I just love that Country. "INDONESIA"

Strict and Firm policies!!!

stuff46:
All things work for the good of those who love God.

Huh? That scripture is not applicable here. You think God wanted him to end up this way? Things we blame God for baffles me.

I'm sure you know that passage of the Scripture that says "I've set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, that you may live"

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Beremx:
I just don't know why Nigerians can't stay away from drug trafficking in another man's country. It baffles me honestly!

Ah ah!!!

embarassed

One word, greed and the love of Money to show off angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Edwardhead(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by siraj1402(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
Pls let someone tell me,are they the only tribe in Nigeria?

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by tsdarkside(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
wait....how many nigerians are even in indonesia sef??
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by alaoeri: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
I knew it, its them, that region & drug sha. lipsrsealed

37 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by grammarcop(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
ok
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by mooremedia: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Tribal warrior's where are you??
food is ready o undecided

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by manmind: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Awon Omoyeebo jatijati

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
F..OOL
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by kenedy175(m): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
serves him right. they seem never to learn. always on the fast lane to make money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Kexcellency: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) by Etizz: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
He get luck say na life in prison......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bandits In Kaduna Kill Catholic Lector, Six Others (Disturbing Photos) / Police Shoot Robber Dead In Calabar (Graphic Photos) / MAIGARI GAGARAU, Man Who Started The Crisis Between Fulani Herdsmen & Mambillas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.