Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry (46662 Views)

DJ Cuppy And Temi Otedola Step Out With Their Boyfriends (Photos) / Chika Ike: I'm At My Construction Site, While You're Looking For Rich Boyfriends / Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 26, 2015
So many young Nigerian girls dream of being successful actresses like Genevieve Nnaji, Kate Henshaw, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde. So you can imagine the trauma they are faced with when they finally get a shot to be on TV and out of nowhere, a boyfriend demands they quit Nollywood. Potpourri got chatting with 3 Nollywood actresses- Gold Onuwaje, Chiamaka Nwokeukwu and Peggy Onah who said they dumped their boyfriends cos they were standing in their way to success. Excerpts:

He said girls in Nollywood don’t stay in marriages — Lizzy Gold Onuwaje

Lizzy Gold Onuwaje isn’t new to the world of show business. Her foray into the make-believe world started in 2006, when she won the Delta State Pageant as Miss Delta State. Then she tried her hands at the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant (MBGN) where she emerged as the second runner-up.

Like most of her peers who had the undying passion to get into acting, Lizzy had hers too, but it didn’t go well with her boyfriend at the time. She said:

“Initially, he was very skeptical about it. He said girls in Nollywood don’t stay in marriages. To me, it depends on individuals. I don’t think it’s true, because so far, some people like Omotola have kept their marriages. But he saw that I was very passionate about it when I went as far as attending an acting school in Lagos, so he let me be. I told him, it’s either he allowed me do my acting or he let me be. So he allowed me do my acting.”

Lizzy was quick to add that it wasn’t really her acting that made her drop the guy, rather because he was not measuring up to her standard as a man.

“The affair didn’t crash because I went into acting. The basic truth is he doesn’t have money; so I decided to end the relationship. I dumped him in 2013 because he didn’t have much in terms of money and he didn’t have any push for my kind of man”.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/04/tale-of-3-nollywood-damsels-who-dumped.html

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 26, 2015
He believed I would be snatched from him — Peggy Onah

Though not yet what you would call a popular item, Peggy has got it going and hardly stays out of jobs. She opened up to Potpourri recently that her boyfriend almost checkered her ambition but she resolved to follow her heart and what her heart told her was “ run, run, run”.

“ I don’t know how most men perceive the world of acting. It isn’t the way they see it. They believe anybody going into acting would be soiled by greed and wantonness. My boy friend believed I would be snatched away from him. He asked me to quit and I was just beginning to pursue my acting career. I couldn’t quit, besides, if he really loved me, he would have stayed. I can sacrifice my career when I’ve achieved my dream in the industry. But now that I’m still striving to hit the top, I can’t sacrifice it,” she said.

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 26, 2015
He was scared I would become wild – Chiamaka Nwokeukwu

Chiamaka said in her interview:

“Yes I dumped him for Nollywood because he doesn’t want me to be a star. He doesn’t want me to follow up my career and he has not proposed to me. The guy can leave me tomorrow and now that I have the opportunity, I need to follow up.
God blessed everybody with talent. It’s not easy to have talent, most people cannot act and when you have the zeal and you can do something, you have to use it well. It’s normal for a boy and girl to meet and if you really love your girl, you would let her go into what she wants.
When I get married, automatically, if my husband says he doesn’t want me to act again, I will not act again, as long as he’s taking care of me.''

Continuing:

“He was telling me that he doesn’t want me to act, that I’m a very nice person, I’m humble, that when I go into the industry, I’ll meet big people and I’ll become wild and be doing different things. He didn’t even want me to start. Immediately I went for my first shoot, he said, `I think you don’t like me’. I said, I like you but let me try it first. This might be where God wants me to be”

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by iyatrustee(f): 3:04am On Apr 26, 2015
They must be Togolese actresses cos I am sure a good number of people here do not know them likewise myself undecided

Truth is, unless you were already an actress before the relationship started, most guys would not support their women going into the industry. It takes a strong man to watch romantic scenes involving your babe and believe there are no strings attached.

As for the red haired chic up there, WTF lipsrsealed

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by benuejosh: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2015
Who are this people? We don't know them here in Alaska

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by englishmart(m): 8:55am On Apr 26, 2015
all of them na ashawo

59 Likes

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Checkout the first pics: Many are indeed mad but few are busy roaming the street cry cry cry

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by 20bc(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2015
These up coming actresses of these days forming 1…2 side up... You guys are not well established in the industry and you are already behaving like this, if you become popular no body will pass the same street with you

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by ignis: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Who are these girls?

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Bibol(f): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2015
ignis:
K

K for kulikuli grin

Please who knows these ladies? Or are they upcoming actresses?

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by holluwai(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2015
All these runs girls....who wouldn't leave them? undecided

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Hammefeez: 10:40am On Apr 26, 2015
Shoro Niyen?

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by pocohantas(f): 10:42am On Apr 26, 2015
We don't know them.
I'm sure I have spoken the mind of my fellow Naiiralanders. grin

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by ionsman: 10:42am On Apr 26, 2015
They dumped you girls because they saw the future. Una never turn ashawo? Mtscheew

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Splint2009(m): 10:42am On Apr 26, 2015
saw one of them on konga last week.

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by hotgunz(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2015
wetin concern me wit dere sex life abeg

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Christmasdon(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2015
Issorait.
Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Queendarlene(f): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2015
When did matching your hair with your shoes became fashion......biko
Anyway dream chasers don't need distractions I guess....

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by dainformant(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2015
jonsing
Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by jmoore(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2015
They were dumped in the garbage can?

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by realGURU(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2015
damseyl
you are an attension seeking who.re
Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by hotgunz(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2015
ignis:
Who are these girls?
P.ornstars

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Intendy: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2015
it should be their boyfriends stood on there way to Iranu(uselessness)

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by kindnyce(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2015
AFTER DUMPING THIER BFs WHO THEN IS BETTER OFF NOW?

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Chizzy20(f): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2015
hmm..i dnt even knw dem..
Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
He believed I would be snatched from him — Peggy Onah

Though not yet what you would call a popular item, Peggy has got it going and hardly stays out of jobs. She opened up to Potpourri recently that her boyfriend almost checkered her ambition but she resolved to follow her heart and what her heart told her was “ run, run, run”.

“ I don’t know how most men perceive the world of acting. It isn’t the way they see it. They believe anybody going into acting would be soiled by greed and wantonness. My boy friend believed I would be snatched away from him. He asked me to quit and I was just beginning to pursue my acting career. I couldn’t quit, besides, if he really loved me, he would have stayed. I can sacrifice my career when I’ve achieved my dream in the industry. But now that I’m still striving to hit the top, I can’t sacrifice it,” she said.

I refuse to believe.Only Agberos can snatch you from him.days if he not an agbero too .With d way u are dressed and the thing u are drinking

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by LMAyedun(m): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2015
Ugly faces is all I see..
Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 26, 2015
At no 1 . You don't expect a sane man to expect an actress to last in marriage especially one that dresses like this

Re: Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry by hotswagg12: 10:45am On Apr 26, 2015
Okay

Wale And Reekado Banks At Lagos Beach (Photos) / 5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Beards Like Arabians (pictures) / Annie Idibia's 35th Birthday Party In Dubai: All-White Themed (Photos)