Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa (3796 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa / Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa, Otuoke Upon Exit From Aso Rock (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by imbless: 6:00am On Apr 26, 2015
After May 29, President
Goodluck Jonathan will
leave the Aso Villa.
SIMON UTEBOR was at
the President’s Otuoke,
Bayelsa State-country
home where he is
expected to retire to
The air around the
sprawling estate is
amazingly cool. Looking
around, the answer to this
quickly dawns on our
correspondent. The estate
is opposite a creek, and
the rolling breeze keep
coming.
It is Otuoke, the home
town of President
Goodluck Jonathan. Otuoke
is a small island
community in the Ogbia
Local Government Area of
Bayelsa State.
And there, the estate
sprawls over a large
expanse of land
contrasting sharply with its
rustic surrounding. It is
said to belong to President
Jonathan.
On the long road to the
gates, soldiers and
members of other security
agencies, apparently on
sentry duty, walked on the
grounds. The overall air
suggested guarded and
protected serenity. No one
needs the gift of
clairvoyance to understand
they are approaching a
restricted zone.
Behind the gates, shoving
their heads above the walls
are no fewer than eight
different structures
apparently for different
purposes: recreation,
security posts and guard
quarters. A visitor to
Otuoke will not be
penalised for calling the
place a fortress.
Activities in this place, a
source within said had
been at a lull until a couple
of weeks ago. And it is
largely believed that come
May 29, after the
expiration of his tenure,
President Jonathan would
relocate to the place.
As if the President had the
premonition that he would
not live in Aso Rock beyond
2015, he was reported to
have begun acquiring
properties adjacent his
sprawling country home by
late 2013.
The President, SUNDAY
PUNCH gathered, acquired
properties on an area
which runs to about seven
acres of Otuoba which
were around his mansion
that had been there
earlier.
The place was thereafter
expanded to encase the
mansion while new
structures were erected
round it.
It was also gathered that
adequate compensation
was paid to the owners of
these properties to enable
them relocate elsewhere.
It was learnt that Jonathan
after acquiring those
buildings in 2013, engaged
the services of a
construction company, Jiito,
to expand the estate to
accommodate his new
acquisition.
Today, Jonathan’s mini –
estate, which overlooks a
creek that links Otuoke to
other coastal communities
of Bayelsa, is a cynosure
of all eyes.
A visit to Otuoke on
Thursday showed that
Jonathan’s mansions, which
had been undergoing
construction and
reconstruction in the last
10 years are now ready for
habitation. The area they
sit on is best described as
an island.
It was learnt that before
now, each time the
President visited Otuoke,
he usually slept in his
wife’s (Patience) castle
which is directly opposite
the Federal University,
Otuoke.
It was also learnt that the
Jonathans own the choicest
properties in Otuoke. The
President was said to have
built a two-storey building
each for his mother and
father opposite his own.
His wife, Dame Patience,
asides a hotel, is also said
to have numerous
buildings that have been
converted into hostels for
FUO female students.
On the readiness of the
Jonathans to return to
Otuoke, one of the military
personnel guarding his
houses said all the
mansions in the estate
were ready except one.
The soldier, who declined
to give his name, said the
contractors were fixing air
conditioners and window
blinds on the last mansion.
The security operative said,
“I can tell you that the
houses are ready.
Everything is in order. It
remains only one building
where the contractors are
putting window blinds,
curtains and air
conditioners.
“I overheard some of the
workers saying that they
had been instructed to
finish the last building
before the second week of
May. I think it is because
the President is returning
home.
“As of now, no domestic
staff or relatives are living
here. All his relatives have
their homes. It is only
military men and
policemen that are living in
some of the buildings.
“Even at that, many
buildings are left
unoccupied because the
buildings are so massive
and it will take a
community to occupy
them.”
The soldier, who said he
had been living at the place
for the past four years,
claimed some of the
President’s domestic staff
were in his Kpansia,
Yenagoa mansion, which
he built while he was
Deputy Governor of
Bayelsa.
That the President will be
returning to Otuoke
according to the soldier, is
only symbolic, stressing
that apart from the
mansions at Otuoke,
Jonathan and his family
members have numerous
buildings at Okaka Estate,
off Isaac Boro Expressway
in Yenagoa.
Many residents of Otuoke
are indeed longing to see
President Jonathan, one of
their illustrious sons,
return home.
For them, Jonathan has
made Otuoke, once a
relatively unknown place,
known to people outside it
and turning it to a city to
be reckoned with.
A resident, Prere
Goodthinking, said though
President Jonathan lost his
re-election bid, he is God-
sent, not only to Bayelsa
people but to the entire
country.
Prere said, “Whether
people like it or not,
Jonathan can best be
described as an icon of
Nigeria’s democracy. He is
a man of peace, a
gentleman and a great
statesman.
“He has proved to the
whole world that he is not
a power-monger. He has
shown the world that his
ambition is not worth the
blood of any Nigerian. We
want other leaders to
emulate him. We are going
to celebrate his return and
I hope Nigerians and the
world will also celebrate
our illustrious son.”
Another resident, who gave
his name only as Ebilari,
said Jonathan had made
Otuoke to be on the world
map for good reasons.
She said, “About 12 years
ago, Otuoke was a jungle.
Most houses there were
decrepit. But today, you
can see that the place that
was once a hamlet has
become a wonderful city.
“Buildings are springing up
everywhere. Life has
become more meaningful
for the people. Before you
mention three prominent
places in Bayelsa, Otuoke
must come up. Thus, we
are proud of our son
Jonathan. We are waiting
enthusiastically to receive
him after his national
assignment on May 29.”
source: www.punchng.com/politics/aso-rock-exit-jonathan-to-live-in-luxury-island-villa/

Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by DaBullIT(m): 6:14am On Apr 26, 2015
As long as he's in Nigeria , within the reach of international criminal court and forensic investigators , it's fine with me

3 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by kolomax(m): 6:15am On Apr 26, 2015
Best of luck to him
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by benuejosh: 6:33am On Apr 26, 2015
Picture or I don't believe it
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by illmatic101(m): 6:33am On Apr 26, 2015
My comments. Goodluck my hero, GNS my role model.
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by eagleae7(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2015
Peshure or. ... . .
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by nerodenero: 6:48am On Apr 26, 2015
Despite looting the treasury dry, Gen. Abdulsalam became famous and all wrong forgotten when he handed power to OBJ. That singular act of conceding defeat by Jonathan might just be another turning point for a greater thing to come for him.Whichever way, Otuoke would receive him well.
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Shortyy(f): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2015
and then what's your point?
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Shortyy(f): 6:51am On Apr 26, 2015
nerodenero:
Despite looting the treasury dry, Gen. Abdulsalam became famous and all wrong forgotten when he handed power to OBJ. That singular act of conceding defeat by Jonathan might just be another turning point for a greater thing to come for him.Whichever way, Otuoke would receive him well.
well said, brother.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Adetula1(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2015
its ok
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by autotrader014(m): 7:00am On Apr 26, 2015
nerodenero:
Well said broda
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by autotrader014(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
As long as he's in Nigeria , within the reach of international criminal court and forensic investigators , it's fine with me
Stop dreaming mugu, how many ex president have dey investigated or sent to jail.. U all keep waiting for buhari to arrest jonathan and send him to jail, u all live in fools paradise.. Did he steal more dan IBB, Obasanjo, Atiku, tinubu, and co? Keep deceiving your selfs
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by DaBullIT(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2015
autotrader014:

Stop dreaming mugu, how many ex president have dey investigated or sent to jail.. U all keep waiting for buhari to arrest jonathan and send him to jail, u all live in fools paradise.. Did he steal more dan IBB, Obasanjo, Atiku, tinubu, and co? Keep deceiving your selfs

Shey na every tokunbo vehicle dey escape customs? The world was not REALLY REALLY interested in Nigeria until now, and now with Buhari's reputation, I'm sure international agencies wants to work with him

Egyptian president removed by his people

Gaddafi killed by his people

Gbagbo arrested by his people

My point?

President or ex is just human can and should be prosecuted for any wrong doing

And if you paid attention to my post, I did not lay emphasis on local law enforcement.

Still tempted to insult you but imma let this slide ok? Take care
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
Story 4 the humans
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Bishop4bella(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2015
illmatic101:

Corrupt mind follow corrupt people.
Change your thinking.
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by illmatic101(m): 7:19am On Apr 26, 2015
Bishop4bella:

Corrupt mind follow corrupt people.
Change your thinking.

Goodluck my hero Akpabio my role model
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by MyMouth(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2015
illmatic101:
Plateau man! For me, Buhari my role model, Gns my former lecturer!
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Ymodulus: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2015
This made me recall a video published by Sahara Reporter some months back about Jonathan's Massive House. Here is the Video for those that want to see the house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZqengwFnI

Redigest what one of the soldiers in charge of Jonathan's luxurious estate said in relation with its gigantic buildings:

"As of now, no domestic staff or relatives are living here. All the relatives have their homes. It is only the military men and policemen that are living in some of the buildings........Even at that, many of the buildings are left unoccupied because the buildings are so massive and it will take a community to occupy them."

Having read and understood what these two separate but related statements mean, I became so surprised to also hear what some of Otuoke's villagers said about their so-called illustrious son, whom one of them even regarded as God-sent, by way of being thankful to God for having such a son who stole public funds to erect magnificent mansions in a small village when it is even clear that many of those gigantic buildings may not be occupied.

If someone, as a leader, who is so greedy steals public funds, which are meant for the development of his own people and the country at large, is being regarded as an icon of peace as well as a statesman, we really then need to check what has really gone wrong with the morality of those people who showering encomium on such greedy leader after living office. Does Jona then really deserve that encomium for wasting public funds in this manner?
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by ishiamu(m): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2015
DaBullIT:

Please where can I buy sense for this boy? He needs it urgently

Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by illmatic101(m): 7:53am On Apr 26, 2015
MyMouth:

Plateau man! For me, Buhari my role model, Gns my former lecturer!

Hahaha, you are funny grin
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by dazdilijae(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2015
DaBullIT:

Let's see how your hatred for him can touch him.

Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Franzeez(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2015
DaBullIT:

May be you will be the one to take him to ICC, u am waiting for the person that will probe or sue GEJ let's see
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by DaBullIT(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
Franzeez:

May be you will be the one to take him to ICC, u am waiting for the person that will probe or sue GEJ let's see

The same way some asswipes said GEJ will win ? I am still surprised that your GEJ didn't refuse the election results, believe it or not ,he's seing what you are not , So , time will tell , don't cry
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by DaBullIT(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
dazdilijae:

Let's see how your hatred for him can touch him.

not hatred , its reality , i know and i understand that its hard for you to accept it , but with time you'll see
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Franzeez(m): 9:03am On Apr 27, 2015
DaBullIT:

The same way some asswipes said GEJ will win ? I am still surprised that your GEJ didn't refuse the election results, believe it or not ,he's sei what you are not , So , time will tell , don't cry

I don't have your time. I don't floe with poor guys
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by DaBullIT(m): 10:38am On Apr 27, 2015
Franzeez:

I don't have your time. I don't floe with poor guys

Floe is a wrong expression

What makes you think I'm poor?

Hehehe eerdiot
Re: Aso Rock Exit: Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa by Franzeez(m): 6:38am On Apr 28, 2015
DaBullIT:

Floe is a wrong expression

What makes you think I'm poor?

Hehehe eerdiot

Poor guy pls leave me, work hard and get to my level then we would talk.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Begs Obasanjo To Help Talk To Buhari; OBJ Intervenes / LIST: States With The Highest Internally Generated Revenue For 2015 / Again TINUBU, AMBODE, Aregbesola Fail To Attend APC Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.