Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Will Become A Christian If..... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Become A Christian If..... (3219 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by NumberOne2(m): 1:35am On Apr 28, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

you are supposed to tell me that.. not me telling you...

Several times Jesus would ask those asking him many questions just ONE question which they will ALWAYS be unable to answer. I just tried it on you and it worked. More reasons I love Jesus ways... very simple.
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by Sibe007(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
If any Christian could show me where In Bible Jesus attended church....

also where In Bible Jesus collect tithes

also where In Bible where Jesus read Bible

and also if you can show me the original scripture of Old Testament and New Testament... so as to check the translation in which cause Bible to be versioned ... i would love to try and translate to original words and submit to pastor for cross checking and make bible just 1.. so as to be like quran..

and also i will like to know how jesus worship God.. .

Your heart is desperately seeking the truth. I see your posts. One day you will come to the full realisation of the Truth.
Forget about what some christians are practicing, or what some churches are doing, different people with their own interpretation.
Everyone has their own path, their own life's Journey
God guides everyone to the truth in his own time.

Going to church is not the most important for Christians. Coming to knowledge of the Light and Love God brings through Jesus is what matters.

I pray for you, that you will find the Truth. All I know is that, God Loves you soo much, whether you offend him, No matter how much you sin, He has forgiven and forgotten about your sins.

His Love is unconditional. He doesn't Love the way men Love. It is something we cannot explain

No sin you commit will stop him from Loving you.The only thing he wants you to do is just to accept this Love. (John 3:16).
The only sin is unbelief. God has gone past our sins. Jesus handled it. and he has reunited the whole world with the FATHER. just believe.

when you believe, he then gives you the power to become a Son of God.
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:21am On Apr 28, 2015
Sibe007:

Your heart is desperately seeking the truth. I see your posts. One day you will come to the full realisation of the Truth.
Forget about what some christians are practicing, or what some churches are doing, different people with their own interpretation.
Everyone has their own path, their own life's Journey
God guides everyone to the truth in his own time.

Going to church is not the most important for Christians. Coming to knowledge of the Light and Love God brings through Jesus is what matters.

I pray for you, that you will find the Truth. All I know is that, God Loves you soo much, whether you offend him, No matter how much you sin, He has forgiven and forgotten about your sins.

His Love is unconditional. He doesn't Love the way men Love. It is something we cannot explain

No sin you commit will stop him from Loving you.The only thing he wants you to do is just to accept this Love. (John 3:16).
The only sin is unbelief. God has gone past our sins. Jesus handled it. and he has reunited the whole world with the FATHER. just believe.

when you believe, he then gives you the power to become a Son of God.

pele... sorry ehn..
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by iliyande(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

pele... sorry ehn..

Even the Qur'an mandates Warfare against the unbelievers. Peace, fairness and brotherhood can only come to the Earth when Religion is for Allah, as well you know. Until then 'Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them'. Sura 2.191-192.

The guy is trying so hard to accomplish mohammad law grin run
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2015
iliyande:

Even the Qur'an mandates Warfare against the unbelievers. Peace, fairness and brotherhood can only come to the Earth when Religion is for Allah, as well you know. Until then 'Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them'. Sura 2.191-192.

The guy is trying so hard to accomplish mohammad law grin run

even Bible mandate wars and killings of every unbeliever, be it woman, child, infant, your siblings or anybody... want the verse?

surah 2.190 - 193.
fight in the cause of Allah THOSE WHO FIGHT YOU (muslims never start war or fight) but do not transgress limit, for Allah loveth NOT TRANSGRESSORS (transgress in the sense that don't kill women, child or whoever surrenders)

and slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out, for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, but fight them not at sacred mosque, unless they (first) fight you there, but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith

But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.

so boy, before you post anything ..cross check..
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by iliyande(m): 1:02pm On May 01, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

even Bible mandate wars and killings of every unbeliever, be it woman, child, infant, your siblings or anybody... want the verse?

surah 2.190 - 193.
fight in the cause of Allah THOSE WHO FIGHT YOU (muslims never start war or fight) but do not transgress limit, for Allah loveth NOT TRANSGRESSORS (transgress in the sense that don't kill women, child or whoever surrenders)

and slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out, for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, but fight them not at sacred mosque, unless they (first) fight you there, but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith

But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.

so boy, before you post anything ..cross check..

No wonder boko haram, alqeada, moslem brotherhood, alshabab and all terrorists read bible before slaughtering their victims. Allah work is going on. Mmmmm. Seven virgins waiting tongue shocked
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by wordcat(m): 4:46pm On May 01, 2015
NumberOne2:

"And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias (Isaiah 61:1-2). And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him."

And he didn't say anything about the Amputees,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 01, 2015
2 Should a wise man utter vain knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind? 3 Should he reason with unprofitable talk? or with speeches wherewith he can do no good? 4 Yea, thou castest off fear, and restrainest prayer before God. 5 For thy mouth uttereth thine iniquity, and thou choosest the tongue of the crafty. 6 Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 01, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
If any Christian could show me where In Bible Jesus attended church....

also where In Bible Jesus collect tithes

also where In Bible where Jesus read Bible

and also if you can show me the original scripture of Old Testament and New Testament... so as to check the translation in which cause Bible to be versioned ... i would love to try and translate to original words and submit to pastor for cross checking and make bible just 1.. so as to be like quran..

and also i will like to know how jesus worship God.. .

Hello!

Understanding the ancient Jews will help you to make your decision. The ancient Jews do offer sacrifices to God in the temple at Jerusalem. They also have a synagogue where they gather and are taught the law and prophesy of God. Jesus entered the temple on a day Christians know as triumphant entry. There He showed His dissatisfaction on activities in the temple.
He also entered the synagogue a thought several times even in the presence of the priests. This forms the basis of today church where believers gather on a place and are taught the word of God.

Even if someone shows you all you want to see, being a Christian is far more than Living as Jesus lived. It has to do with you receiving the knowledge, wisdom and understanding of Jesus. This is only accessible through the spirit of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by shahydbinaliyu(m): 6:56am On May 02, 2015
victorels:

Hello!

Understanding the ancient Jews will help you to make your decision. The ancient Jews do offer sacrifices to God in the temple at Jerusalem. They also have a synagogue where they gather and are taught the law and prophesy of God. Jesus entered the temple on a day Christians know as triumphant entry. There He showed His dissatisfaction on activities in the temple.
He also entered the synagogue a thought several times even in the presence of the priests. This forms the basis of today church where believers gather on a place and are taught the word of God.

Even if someone shows you all you want to see, being a Christian is far more than Living as Jesus lived. It has to do with you receiving the knowledge, wisdom and understanding of Jesus. This is only accessible through the spirit of Jesus.

as long as it's not In Bible.. you don't have point.. every religion follow their scriptures... so admit it, you Christians are not Jesus followers... [s]
victorels:

Hello!

as long as it's not In Bible.. you don't have point.. every religion follow their scriptures... so admit it, you Christians are not Jesus followers... [/s]
victorels:

Hello!

as long as it's not In Bible.. you don't have point.. every religion follow their scriptures... so admit it, you Christians are not Jesus followers...
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by Nobody: 7:15am On May 02, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

as long as it's not In Bible.. you don't have point.. every religion follow their scriptures... so admit it, you Christians are not Jesus followers... [s]

as long as it's not In Bible.. you don't have point.. every religion follow their scriptures... so admit it, you Christians are not Jesus followers... [/s]

as long as it's not In Bible.. you don't have point.. every religion follow their scriptures... so admit it, you Christians are not Jesus followers...
wow.

And who are Jesus Follower.

In Luke 18:10-13, two men went into the temple to pray. Read and observe their mode of prayer and tell me which religion does that.

In Luke 19:45-48, Jesus taught daily in the temple.

In Luke 21:1-4, Offerings was collected in the temple. He pointed out that two coins a poor widow gave is more than what the rich had given. Tell me the religion where offerings are collected.

Just like I said before, you can't be a Christian without receiving the spirit of Christ.
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by shahydbinaliyu(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2015
victorels:

wow.

And who are Jesus Follower.

In Luke 18:10-13, two men went into the temple to pray. Read and observe their mode of prayer and tell me which religion does that.

In Luke 19:45-48, Jesus taught daily in the temple.

In Luke 21:1-4, Offerings was collected in the temple. He pointed out that two coins a poor widow gave is more than what the rich had given. Tell me the religion where offerings are collected.

Just like I said before, you can't be a Christian without receiving the spirit of Christ.

Luke 18.10-13...(you quoted irrelevant verse to support your claim)
two men are not jesus... it's Jesus we talking about..

10 "Two men ascended to the temple, in order to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector.

11 Standing, the Pharisee prayed within himself in this way: O God, I give thanks to you that I am not like the rest of men: robbers, unjust, adulterers, even as this tax collector chooses to be.

12 I fast twice between Sabbaths. I give tithes from all that I possess.

13 And the tax collector, standing at a distance, was not willing to even lift up his eyes to heaven. But he struck his chest, saying: O God, be merciful to me, a sinner.

Luke 19.45-48.. .. Jesus do deliver sermons... people do call him teacher mostly..
every prophet is a teacher.. it's not relevant to our cause of subject

45 And entering into the temple, he began to cast out those who sold in it, and those who bought,

46 saying to them: "It is written: My house is a house of prayer. But you have made it into a den of robbers."

47 And he was teaching in the temple daily. And the leaders of the priests, and the scribes, and the leaders of the people were seeking to destroy him.

48 But they could not find what to do to him. For all the people were listening to him attentively.

Luke 21.1-4...( that's just doing good.. giving to the needy is different from tithe)

1 And looking around, he saw the wealthy putting their donations into the offertory.

2 Then he also saw a certain widow, a pauper, putting in two small brass coins.

3 And he said: "Truly, I say to you, that this poor widow has put in more than all the others.

4 For all these, out of their abundance, have added to the gifts for God. But she, out of what she needed, has put in all that she had to live on."
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by Nobody: 10:17am On May 02, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Luke 18.10-13...(you quoted irrelevant verse to support your claim)
two men are not jesus... it's Jesus we talking about..

10 "Two men ascended to the temple, in order to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector.

11 Standing, the Pharisee prayed within himself in this way: O God, I give thanks to you that I am not like the rest of men: robbers, unjust, adulterers, even as this tax collector chooses to be.

12 I fast twice between Sabbaths. I give tithes from all that I possess.

13 And the tax collector, standing at a distance, was not willing to even lift up his eyes to heaven. But he struck his chest, saying: O God, be merciful to me, a sinner.

Luke 19.45-48.. .. Jesus do deliver sermons... people do call him teacher mostly..
every prophet is a teacher.. it's not relevant to our cause of subject

45 And entering into the temple, he began to cast out those who sold in it, and those who bought,

46 saying to them: "It is written: My house is a house of prayer. But you have made it into a den of robbers."

47 And he was teaching in the temple daily. And the leaders of the priests, and the scribes, and the leaders of the people were seeking to destroy him.

48 But they could not find what to do to him. For all the people were listening to him attentively.

Luke 21.1-4...( that's just doing good.. giving to the needy is different from tithe)

1 And looking around, he saw the wealthy putting their donations into the offertory.

2 Then he also saw a certain widow, a pauper, putting in two small brass coins.

3 And he said: "Truly, I say to you, that this poor widow has put in more than all the others.

4 For all these, out of their abundance, have added to the gifts for God. But she, out of what she needed, has put in all that she had to live on."

You are very serious at this.

In the first instance, it is Jesus that was talking about the two men that went to pray in the temple. If it is irrelevant, why will he talk about it and even stressing their mode of prayer.

In the second instant, you called him a prophet, but he was not recognised as a prophet by the priests that controls the temple who sought to kill him. He does not have any qualification according to Jewish standard to teach but he was not opposed because he was teaching truth. That is called ministering.

Finally, on the issue of offering, you have to understand the difference between tithes and offerings. Offering is a free will giving in the house of God while tithe is not a free will giving but a marked proportion of one's increase. Charity is given to individuals or group for their upkeep in form of alms, gifts and donations.
Offerings in this regard is nothing like gift to charity, if not, why will one give all he has to charity who need charity.

If you want to follow Jesus, do what he said, then you will find yourself doing what he did.
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by shahydbinaliyu(m): 6:40am On May 03, 2015
victorels:

You are very serious at this.

In the first instance, it is Jesus that was talking about the two men that went to pray in the temple. If it is irrelevant, why will he talk about it and even stressing their mode of prayer.

In the second instant, you called him a prophet, but he was not recognised as a prophet by the priests that controls the temple who sought to kill him. He does not have any qualification according to Jewish standard to teach but he was not opposed because he was teaching truth. That is called ministering.

Finally, on the issue of offering, you have to understand the difference between tithes and offerings. Offering is a free will giving in the house of God while tithe is not a free will giving but a marked proportion of one's increase. Charity is given to individuals or group for their upkeep in form of alms, gifts and donations.
Offerings in this regard is nothing like gift to charity, if not, why will one give all he has to charity who need charity.

If you want to follow Jesus, do what he said, then you will find yourself doing what he did.

if you wanna keep telling yourself that it is truth, OYO lo wa.. better embrace Islam and stop living a lie
Re: I Will Become A Christian If..... by Nobody: 6:53am On May 03, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

if you wanna keep telling yourself that it is truth, OYO lo wa.. better embrace Islam and stop living a lie

Can you contradict what I said? Since you can't, it just showed you do no mean what you said about converting. My religion instructs me to be faithful to my word. That is why it is different. I guess yours said nothing of such.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / How To Be An Atheist / HELP !! End Time Supernatural Manifestation In My House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.