Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Torque Wrench Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Torque Wrench Needed (1453 Views)

New Torque Converter / What's The Influence Of Torque/horsepower On A Car / Benefits Of Using A Torque Wrench (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torque Wrench Needed by Stylz69(m): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
I read that uneven tightening of wheel nuts could cause my rotors to warp. They are currently warped and I have ordered a new set of rotors and want to be sure that the wheel nuts are tightened correctly. Can anyone source a torque wrench and the necessary adaptors and give me a quote.
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Just go online to eBay or Amazon and ship to ChinoSXL (find him on the forum), he will get to your door in Nigeria. It's going to be the cheapest method without the addition of

This is ultimately what people end up doing. But in the meantime they would have wasted both theirs and sellers on heres time.
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
Brand new torque wrench 25k. 19,17, 22. Sockets 1k each.

I don't see the point in buying a torque wrench if its just for bolting and unbolting wheels.
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by LeSaint(m): 1:24am On Apr 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Brand new torque wrench 25k. 19,17, 22. Sockets 1k each.

I don't see the point in buying a torque wrench if its just for bolting and unbolting wheels.

Totally agree.
You got to be doing some serious DIY to bother with that.
I borrow when I need one.
Anyways, I have spotted some good wrenches at Ladipo parts market a couple of times, and their prices wont run into 5 figures.
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 27, 2015
Guys, you do need a torque wrench on the lug nuts.
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by oktawian(m): 7:40am On Apr 27, 2015
I can't even imagine a mechanic with no torque wrench ...
Basically You need to have at least two !

small 3/8 6nm to 30 nm
big 1/2 60 nm to 340 nm ..
Or similar ...

co how do you know with what force you do the - spark plugs, wheel nuts / bolts/ ENGINE HEAD ! etc.
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by ivoryhouse(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2015
How do these torque wrenches work? How do you convert torque numbers to number of turns of the bolts and nuts?
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by oktawian(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Torque Wrench Needed by ivoryhouse(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer / 4x4 Offroaders Videos. / Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.