Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,048 members, 7,852,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Keshi: I Can’t Control Players’ Lack Of Game Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: I Can’t Control Players’ Lack Of Game Time (377 Views)

Stephen Keshi Is Dead / African Players Lack Hunger To Win Top Awards - Toure / Keshi: I ’m Still Waiting For NFF Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi: I Can’t Control Players’ Lack Of Game Time by solbase10(m): 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
With most Super Eagles players either not getting regular playing time for their clubs or failing to sign for top clubs, Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has stated it is not in his power to determine how the club careers of the players will go.

It hasn’t been the best of times for many Super Eagles players as most of them struggle to play regularly for their clubs, even when playing for less fancied sides, and Keshi acknowledges the issue, but says he cannot do anything about it.

“I can’t control their performances for their clubs or how often they play,” he says. “It is a personal thing, it’s about personal excellence and it depends on the individual.

“If you think you have to work harder to become better, it is left to you as the player, I cannot control that.

“Although I talk to them one on one, if I think they are not doing well enough for their clubs then I’ll say so but it is not my job to be on their necks everyday about it.

“They’re all adults, they’re professionals and they should live up to a professional level and that is it,” he stated.

A good number of the current Super Eagles players have recently struggled to gain regular playing time for their clubs, with only a handful of them playing week in, week out for their clubs.

Read More: http://completesportsnigeria.com/keshi-i-cant-control-players-lack-of-game-time/

(1) (Reply)

Torino Makes Their First Win Against Juvetus In Over 20years / Chelsea Vs Man City Return Leg At Stamford Bridge / Nigerians Overseas: PSG Hit Six Past Sorry Enyeama (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.