Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria (35376 Views)

"I Stand With Dogara": House Of Reps Members Are Supporting Dogara (Photos) / Full List Of Elected Senators / Newly Elected Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chinom:

Yes, the Igbo people of Lagos. You missed that bit because you cannot get the word "Igbo" round your tongue. Shame to APC for not nominating more Igbos and other ethnic nationalities for elective posts in Lagos. The Lagos state house of assembly ought to have at least 7-10 Igbo people in it if real proportional representation took place.
It's not my fault you couldn't comprehend. When I say Lagos, it's inclusive of all the tribes living in Lagos. I didn't mention any tribe, so try to read my post again.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by adewad13(m): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Barr (Mrs) Rita Orji.....I sight you cheesy cheesy

Represent them well ma and show them its in their best interest Lagos is opened to all, regardless of tribe or religion.

#LagosForAll
#NoMansLand

like portharcourt oni yeye
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Chinom(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Lucasbalo:
It's not my fault you couldn't comprehend. When I say Lagos, it's inclusive of all the tribes living in Lagos. I didn't mention any tribe, so try to read my post again.

I've read it again. Your post is filled with venom. Your attempt to sound neutral and detribalized failed woefully. We could see through you.

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chinom:

I've read it again. Your post is filled with venom. Your attempt to sound neutral and detribalized failed woefully. We could see through you.
You have to see through yourself first to know about bigotry. Check my posts and your posts and see the difference. Finito.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
naijainfogalery:
When you pack hot hot women inside senate, how do you want us to move forward, for example, see the woman with big bosom if she says anything men will be forces to say yea
how come am not seeing the big bossom
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by sagitariusbaby(m): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Stella appointed minister from Edo and Senator from Anambra. Lol, I love that woman.

Her ministerial appointment was for Anambra slot. She is a brave woman though

2 Likes

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by stanley102(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
OP, aren't you missing Barr. Omosede Igbenidion (Ovia federal constituency, PDP)

2 Likes

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by awoononi(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Anambra has two female senators for a possible 3 very wonderful and PDP has the highest number of female assembly members
Ekiti also has two female senators
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Kryx(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
galadee:
give way

Is that Stella learning to fly the flight?
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by emiye(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
the current speaker of Oyo state house of assembly is missing on that list,she's senator elect from Oyo state under APC

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by newfound2012: 9:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Wahala wear cover shoe Stella odua again? Is this the best Anambra can offer the nation? To God be the glory angry

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Chirokusko: 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yes, Hon. Khadija B. A. Ibrahim, we gave her third term
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Stella appointed minister from Edo and Senator from Anambra. Lol, I love that woman.
Appointed minister from Anambra, based on her state of origin despite her husband being Edo. Same way Diezani was appointed minister from Bayelsa, despite being married to an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by kodlins(f): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
She married an Edo man. I heard they are divorced
Sweetguy25:
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by CyerSeries: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
basilo101:

cross river north has semi-igbo comunities
you are right ..though I don't know which side is cross river north but in Yala LGA, most of the citizen are from Izzi clan which is the biggest clan in Ebonyi State. They answer names like Okonkwo, Eze, Ukwa, Nweke, Nwankwo, etc..
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yet haters say igbos don't respect women folk. 2 sweet ladies from Anambra out of 3.

Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by OduaMercenary: 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2015

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by RAO1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
any patricia ETTEH mentor inside these names?

n PDP leads with MAJORITY female representing them in both house!

pdP---------- always giving our mothers chance to EXPRESS THEMSELVES thru effective representation!

ur mothers .....like Stella
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
The number is nothing to write home on...... Congratulations to the Nigerian women elect as Senators and honourables.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by LKO(m): 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Evelyn Oboro representing Uvwie Okpe Sapele constituency of Delta State is one docile rep in the green chambers. No motions or bills from her since she was first elected in 2011. How she was able to win d PDP primary for re-election and ultimately d March 28 election beat my imagination. Anyway, woman power. Afterall, she is a divorcee. Her pix

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
I hope and pray they do that which is right

Get MTN 1gb @ 1100
Pay with credit.
Call / whatsapp 07061838760

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by nijanigga: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
bisten14:
shocked
I dey come back wen we reach FP

Modified:
To God be the glory. I don make am to FTC again.
I dedicate this giant milestone to our great hero... RIP

That was when Nigerian military was really military, what we have now, are civilians in military uniform. After he was over thrown while away in Mecca, he back home,unlike others,I don't want to mention names, they fled.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by asadike(f): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
anambra women are very beautiful and bold. They deserve the best place in d senate

1 Like

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by afelele9(m): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
bisten14:
shocked

Modified:
Although am very small to witnes his Regime, but is name live on.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by isalegan2: 12:45am On Apr 27, 2015
AWESOME! We need more!! Many more!!! cool

Of course, some crooks will finagle their way in there too. Just like their male counterparts. Humans are humans regardless of gender. We still need more women though. Good ones! Same as (good) men. Women were born to lead; Men are born to rise up and save the day when needed - to be heroic. cool

Viva la femme!

https://www.nairaland.com/1270134/great-african-women-history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxDOlm7GEQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 7:12am On Apr 27, 2015
Only 21? We still have a looooong way to go.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2015
Toktee:
na who be mothers,na u be their pikin,those coperate ashi.na dem u d called our modas,thunder fire u

i'm shortta what to reply u, emm shud i say its cos of outta jealousy u hate those women or cos ur mum can never reach their level even if GOD add another thousand years to her life-span.
if u like u can jumpologise to the nearest water body but it wont stop me as a sane person to comment on gender equality.
geed dat into ur illiterate encapsulated brain!
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:
Only 21? We still have a looooong way to go.
It's only a start. cheesy
The US Congress comprises 100 women out of 535.
Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by isalegan2: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
bisten14:
shocked

Modified:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2350164_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2350164_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

A hero for the ages! cool I think he's from Kwara, but I'm gonna claim him for Lagos. cheesy He looks so much like a classmate of mine named Oshodi.

Will Buhari ever have the likes of Idiagbon working by his side again? undecided Naija will be great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria by isalegan2: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
adino:

I just love Stella. I am telling you.

Really? Why?

Bolarge1:
STELLA ADAEZE ODUAH, ANAMBRA NORTH, PDP

THE COMING BACK OF STELLA A COUNTRY WITHOUT JUSTICE AND RULE OF LAW.

THIS CANNOT HAPPEN HERE IN CANADA.

#GODSAVENIGERIA

Shi!!t like that happens everywhere; not just in Nigeria. She wouldn't have been appointed again by any governor or president after all the controversy, but if her constituencies vote her in an election, then there is nothing you can do. As long as she is constitutionally eligible for the office and the electoral commission rules does not bar her candidacy. Remember, in the USA, the voters of Washington DC reelected Marion Barry as mayor even after he was shown on camera doing drugs.

njays24:
I can see that most of them are pdp members,especially the one representing ajeromi/ifelodun constituency who is igbo,that is really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing a yoruba person representing delta state someday. In delta,we have ibos,ijaws,itshekiri/yoruba,urhobo etc.

Is she really Igbo? She could be of any tribe, but married to an Igbo man. Lots of Naijas have European first or second names. But if she is Igbo, that's good for Lagos's rep.

Next I want to see Afam4eva as Governor of Lagos State. cheesy Afam, it will happen. Just keep saying No to tribalism. wink I support you wella. You know it. Start preparing yourself, bros. In 2023, we will travel all over Lagos. . . covering every nook and cranny . . . visiting all the towns big and small. . . even that ornery Mayoroflagos will be there routing for you. shocked grin . . . a massive unprecedented raucous campaign! I know you speak fluent Yoruba, better than me anyway almost as well as me. tongue We will campaign everywhere and make history. cheesy cool Hip Hip! Hurray!!! grin The Honorable Afam Moderator. You can banish Seun from the internet and take over Nairaland.

Takim107:
I'll sure be among this list someday.
Wonderful!

Augustbreak:
Hmm.join you soon,ladies.
Nice. Whether you be lady or gent.

Chinom:

Yes, the Igbo people of Lagos. You missed that bit because you cannot get the word "Igbo" round your tongue. Shame to APC for not nominating more Igbos and other ethnic nationalities for elective posts in Lagos. The Lagos state house of assembly ought to have at least 7-10 Igbo people in it if real proportional representation took place.

Nothing wrong with diversity and more equitable representation. But, trust me, the politicians wanting those spots will not be hostile and talk like Tribalists on Nairaland. They know what they need to get elected. I do think it is a plus to see the Igbos and other groups that have a sizable population in Lagos get prominent and meaningful posts, elected or appointed. The Lagos House of Assembly, I believe, conducts business in Yoruba - so you know the ones who will get in there will be Lagosians through and through. It will be truly uniting to see a non-Yoruba born or raised in Lagos mingling with all the other Assemblymen and women speaking Yoruba like a native. It will make news and inspire a lot of young people who may think simply because their grandpapas compound is in another state, they can never reach their full potential in Lagos (government). No child should have to feel they are limited and cannot do what their friends are doing, simply for something they have no control over.

naijainfogalery:
When you pack hot hot women inside senate, how do you want us to move forward, for example, see the woman with big bosom if she says anything men will be forces to say yea

eskober:
how come am not seeing the big bossom

I didn't see it either. grin Unless he's talking about this one below, but it came after his post. Probably just in his mind grin :
LKO:
Evelyn Oboro representing Uvwie Okpe Sapele constituency of Delta State is one docile rep in the green chambers. No motions or bills from her since she was first elected in 2011. How she was able to win d PDP primary for re-election and ultimately d March 28 election beat my imagination. Anyway, woman power. Afterall, she is a divorcee. Her pix

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2350452_11025819906053866101070507741556599683550n_jpeg76d2a420e11bdf5eeffa99bcc71ebde4

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Welcomes Buhari As He Arrives For 62RC POP Of NDA / Meet 13 ‘landlords’ Of The National Assembly / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.