Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) (7990 Views)

List Of Top 7 Universities In Africa (photos) / 10 Shocking Facts You Didn’t Know About The Bermuda Triangle / 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by rabbuy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
The triangle is so legendary... But yet backed by unproved theories so many-a-thoery. I will love to pass by and see the other side I personally believe ts time travel... Now m hearing ts a lost city I would have debunked that story if not for them pics but hey surely a city was swallowed by the ocean the water literally drowned the city but what's the proof that ts Atlantis. Ion believe in the zeus trilogy but those pics cannot be over looked...

1 Like

Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by philfearon(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Koolmexxi:

So the devil decides to relocate to the triangle and harvest souls to himself there alone by wrecking ships and crashing aircrafts??
He didn't relocate.He just created a branch there,and gave it to a demon to manage! grin
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by rabbuy(m): 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
People of nairaland come let us reason together and evaluate the triangle using the cosine rule, then heoreos formula maybe the half life which is not possible then we can conquer this conquest for mankind before aliens begin to jump out from the beyond THE gods HAS SPOKEN #thunderroars andlightingstrikes
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by tuk2ato(m): 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
I think the most reasonable explanation is the coincidence of both the geographic and magnetic north. I saw a documentary on it, also navigation tools tend to malfunction in that area. Most other explanations sound like myth.
EggovinMma:
I am so curious about this triangle!
Some say it's the location of Atlantis, d lost world.
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
Waspy:
The Bermuda mystery is of the time dimension. Once had a book with first hand info and pics abt this triangle. The truth is time is the last dimension to be understood by humans. I am of the time travel theory on this.....based on all I've read/known
can u, please, tell us the name and author of the book ?
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by simplex2: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is where you need to watch the series Lost...

Trust me, it will confuse you the more
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by zicoraads: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
EggovinMma:
I am so curious about this triangle!
Some say it's the location of Atlantis, d lost world.
Choi cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by lovely17(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
ehn ehn is that soooooooooooooooo tell me more grin
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by busky101(m): 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
EggovinMma:
More Atlantis pics

Over 11,000 years ago there existed an island nation located in the middle of the Atlantic ocean populated by a noble and powerful race. The people of this land possessed great wealth thanks to the natural resources found throughout their island. The island was a center for trade and commerce. The rulers of this land held sway over the people and land of their own island and well into Europe and Africa.

This was the island of Atlantis.

Atlantis was the domain of Poseidon, god of the sea. When Poseidon fell in love with a mortal woman, Cleito, he created a dwelling at the top of a hill near the middle of the island and surrounded the dwelling with rings of water and land to protect her.

Cleito gave birth to five sets of twin boys who became the first rulers of Atlantis. The island was divided among the brothers with the eldest, Atlas, first King of Atlantis, being given control over the central hill and surrounding areas.

At the top of the central hill, a temple was built to honor Poseidon which housed a giant gold statue of Poseidon riding a chariot pulled by winged horses. It was here that the rulers of Atlantis would come to discuss laws, pass judgments, and pay tribute to Poseidon..

To facilitate travel and trade, a water canal was cut through of the rings of land and water running south for 5.5 miles (~9 km) to the sea.

The city of Atlantis sat just outside the outer ring of water and spread across the plain covering a circle of 11 miles (1.7 km). This was a densely populated area where the majority of the population lived.

Beyond the city lay a fertile plain 330 miles (530 km) long and 110 miles (190 km) wide surrounded by another canal used to collect water from the rivers and streams of the mountains. The climate was such that two harvests were possible each year. One in the winter fed by the rains and one in the summer fed by irrigation from the canal.

Surrounding the plain to the north were mountains which soared to the skies. Villages, lakes, rivers, and meadows dotted the mountains.

Besides the harvests, the island provided all kinds of herbs, fruits, and nuts. An abundance of animals, including elephants, roamed the island.

For generations the Atlanteans lived simple, virtuous lives. But slowly they began to change. Greed and power began to corrupt them. When Zeus saw the immorality of the Atlanteans he gathered the other gods to determine a suitable punishment.

Soon, in one violent surge it was gone. The island of Atlantis, its people, and its memory were swallowed by the sea.

This is a summary of the story told by Plato around 360 BC in his dialogues Timaeus and Critias. These writings of Plato are the only specific known references to Atlantis. They have prompted controversy and debate for over two thousand years.

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/topics/atlantis/story.html
you just made me download the movie, thanks a lot. Been bored all day..........Btw, in my own opinion I will go with your theory or theory 3. Cos u.s is a very weird country. It might be d headquarters of illuminati and other world order or perhaps the orignial silicon valley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by Ddy(m): 12:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Its called the white room,that's where decisions about the world affairs is being discussed according to my New testament of illuminati.
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by iamord(m): 4:31am On Apr 28, 2015
busky101:
you just made me download the movie, thanks a lot. Been bored all day..........Btw, in my own opinion I will go with your theory or theory 3. Cos u.s is a very weird country. It might be d headquarters of illuminati and other world order or perhaps the orignial silicon valley
wow girl. U are fascinated about this stuff too? I got a crazy theory to support it lol

1 Like

Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by hardbody: 5:37am On Apr 28, 2015
olexy4real:
Top 7 Bermuda Triangle Theories

The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle is one of the most
loved mysteries of the world. People have tried to bring
out several theories in an attempt to solve this mystery
that has intrigued man for years.

The Bermuda Triangle is a region in the western North
Atlantic Ocean, off the Florida coast, that has reportedly
the highest number of cases of planes and ships
mysteriously disappearing without a trace. It is a region
roughly in the shape of a triangle, located between Miami
on the Florida coast and two islands, the island of
Bermuda and the island of San Juan in Puerto Rico. The
mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, which is also known as
the 'Devil's Triangle' or the 'Isle of Devils', remains
unsolved even today. However, several theories have
come up, including those that indicate even supernatural
and paranormal presence. Just go through the article to
know which ones are considered the top 7 theories.
Top 7 Theories Behind the Bermuda Triangle
Here are the top ten theories that attempt to explain the
mystery.

Theory 7: Effect of a Comet
The first theory that we'll discuss here is the theory that a
comet from outer space crashed into the earth some
thousands of years ago, near the area that is now the
Bermuda Triangle. People who believe in this theory, also
seem to believe that somewhere in the depths of the
ocean, there lie the remains of this comet and it is the
electromagnetic field of the comet that causes all the
havoc, including disruptions of aircraft signals. No traces
of a comet or anything similar to it has been found yet,
and in the absence of a proof, this theory remains nothing
but an assumption.

Theory 7: Time Warp
This theory is one of the most popular theories, in spite of
the fact that there is nothing to prove it. The 'time warp'
theory claims that the reason for so many disappearances
is time travel. In other words, this theory says that when
something ends up at the Bermuda Triangle, it either
travels back in time or to some time in the future. There
are also people who have reported seeing a huge tunnel
shaped cloud around the region, which they believe is a
tunnel for time travel.

Theory 6: Attack by Pirates
Although this theory cannot be totally ruled out, it fails to
explain the reason for the disappearance of the aircraft.
According to this theory, the reason why so many ships
disappeared is because of pirates who are especially
active in this part of the Atlantic. Piracy has been the
reason behind the destruction and disappearance of
many a large vessel in the past, in different parts of the
world. Some theorists are of the opinion that in addition
to piracy, attack by enemy vessels might also be a reason.
This theory might prove to be true for at least some of the
disappearances in the past.

Theory 5: Extraterrestrial Activity
There is a slight variation in the two versions of this theory
but the basic idea is the same: alien activity is the cause
behind the disappearance of so many vessels and aircraft.
One version states that it all occurs due to aliens or living
beings from other planets, abducting people, while the
other version has a slightly different take on it. It says that
the aircraft and ships traveling over the region sometimes
end up there at the time when aliens are supposedly
traveling between our planet and theirs. These vessels are
then automatically taken along to another dimension or
may be, who knows, even to another planet altogether!
And the poor things are unable to return, it seems, or at
least that's what the theory wants you to believe. In spite
of the fact that there isn't any proof, this theory is, by far,
the most popular one, and has captured the imagination
of one and all. More so after the release of the Steven
Spielberg movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Theory 4: Strong Magnetic Field
This theory says that the cause behind the notorious
reputation of the Bermuda Triangle is the Earth's
magnetic field in that particular region. It has been often
observed that compasses begin to spin rapidly near the
area, and navigation equipment stop functioning properly.
This is because it is one of the two places on earth where
the geographic north and magnetic north coincide. Due to
this, electromagnetic storms originating below the earth's
surface rise to the atmosphere and leave a fog behind.
The strong magnetic effects in the region is believed to be
responsible for so many people vanishing into thin air.

Theory 3: U.S. Military Base
Ever heard about Area 51? It is a base of the U.S. Air Force
where testing of military equipment is carried out and
which is notorious for many reported UFO sightings. Well,
there is a similar testing base of the U.S. Navy on the
Andros Islands in the Bahamas. Some people believe that
there is something more to it than a mere weapon testing
base and that it is the site where the government has built
equipment to communicate with the extraterrestrial. And
it is this supposedly advanced technology that has
something to do with the vanishing of ships and planes!

Theory 2: Rough Weather
This is one of the more practical theories explaining the
mystery. The Atlantic Ocean is famous for its storms,
hurricanes and rough weather. Violent storms and
hurricanes cause the waves to rise as high as 80 feet or
more. Add to that the strong current of the Gulf Stream
and you have a situation from which it is almost
impossible to escape! Even more danger lurks beneath the
ocean as this is the deepest region in the Atlantic, the
location of the Puerto Rico trench. So, if a ship or an
aircraft gets trapped in the storm and sinks deep into the
water, it can very well appear to have disappeared without
a trace!

Theory 1: Human Error
Believed to be the number one reason for the
disappearances, this theory states that it all happened as
a result of human errors. The area surrounding the
Bermuda Triangle consists of a string of islands, each very
similar to the other. Because of this, it is very difficult to
find your way there. Moreover, the rough weather and
storms add to the risk factor. In such a scenario, once you
are lost, it becomes very difficult to return. Also, the area
experiences a lot of air traffic which increases the
probability of disasters.

These were the top ten Bermuda Triangle theories
explained in brief. So, which theory sounds like the most
apt explanation for this famous mystery? Well, I leave that
for you to decide!

I will go and confirm the truth. I will come back with my findings. All suppositions appear stupid though and that theory No. 2. Does the rough ocean also affect flying crafts?
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by justiniyke29: 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
@eggovinmma I never knew any one was intrested in atlantis like I was. Back to d point I think it has to do with magnetic storm around the island,add that to the storm that occur around that area.
Re: All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) by Waspy(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
cupid1:
can u, please, tell us the name and author of the book ?
Can't remember now...Its bn some time. All i remember is lending it to some friends in the Uni, years ago

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Lalasticlala And What Is The Meaning Of Some Of These Nairaland Jargons? / Lets Meet( Electrical And Electronics Engineering Undergraduate Students) / FUTO Shutdown As Non-academic Staff Begin Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.