Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! (7006 Views)

7 Shocking Facts About Afe Babalola University / 10 Scary Facts About The Bermuda Triangle / 10 Shocking Facts You Didn’t Know About The Bermuda Triangle (2) (3) (4)

10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 13, 2015
[b]Bermuda Triangle is the greatest unsolved mystery of the modern age. Also called Devil's Triangle.
It is a triangular shaped area in the North Atlantic Ocean, from Bermuda Island to Miami, USA and Puerto Rico. Hundreds of people and numerous boats, ships and planes have disappeared inside this triangle. Reasons given for these disappearances vary from scientific to sheer myth.
Here are 10 Shocking facts about Bermuda Triangle:

Fact No. 1:

The Bermuda Triangle is not small. In fact, it is quite large and covers an area of 440,000 miles of sea. This is larger than the combined area of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra.

Fact No. 2:

The triangle is certainly not fixed and its effect can be experienced outside of the triangle too.

Fact No. 3:

The disappearances are ascribed to UFO's and alien activity, city of Atlantis lost under the triangle, and various other technical, natural and geographical reasons.

Fact No. 4:

Whenever any plane or ship disappears in the Triangle, its debris cannot be found. The reason behind this is that Gulf Stream runs near the triangle, which quickly gets rid of
the debris.

Fact No. 5:

At least 1000 lives are lost within the last 100 years. On average, 4 aircraft and 20 yachts go missing every year.

Fact No. 6:

Inside the Bermuda Triangle, US Government has AUTEC (for Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center), which is located on the Andros Island of Bahamas. Here US Navy tests their submarines, sonar and other weapons. However many are of the view that it is more than just the testing center.

Fact No. 7:

People have experienced electronic fog in the triangle, which can be a Time Travel Tunnel too. Pilot Bruce Gernon claims he lost 28 minutes after flying through a time-warping cloud tunnel. The plane went missing from radars, only to re-emerge in Miami Beach. (Source: The Fog by Bruce Gernon.)

Fact No. 8:

One of the biggest and famous losses of US Military occurred in 1945. Five US Navy Avenger torpedo bombers flew from Fort Lauderdale, Florida for a sortie to the island of Bimini. The mission had 14 men. After about 90 minutes, the radio operators received a signal that the compass was not working. After that the communication was lost. The bombers were never found. The three planes that went for their rescue also disappeared.

Fact No. 9:

The first person to report about Bermuda Triangle was Christopher Columbus. He wrote in his journals that inside the triangle, the ship's compass stopped working and he also saw a fireball in the sky.

Fact No. 10:

Bermuda Triangle is one of the rare places on earth where the compass does not point towards Magnetic North. Instead of that, it point towards true north, which creates confusion and that's why so many ships and planes lost its course in the trianglegrin
[/b]

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by kossyablaze(m): 9:30am On Oct 13, 2015
Cool!

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by mdokaba1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
Really a "devil's triangle"
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by hahn(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
Op, upload some pictures or a selfie at least grin

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by b3llo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bermuda Triangle...
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Holywizard: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
my girl's puzsy is just like de devil's triangle... So deep that an ipad can be lost inside it

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by hayodeyji(m): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
kossyablaze:
Cool!
what's cool about that undecided
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by barnacle: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
i believe in you...in don williams voice
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
I was once there.
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by nairaman66(m): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
The name Bermuda is strange itself!
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by mlanreh: 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thank u OP but seriously I have phobia for that Triangle
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by dkronicle(m): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmm 8wonders of d world also....
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by princepee: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
One mystery scientists ve failed to fully explain.....that must be the home of the devil himself.

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by bufness(m): 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
hmmm, my bet is on the atlantis theory, thats definitely where atlantis sank, if it ever existed lol, meanwhile cant our leaders all just book a plane for a conference and mistakenly fall into the bermuda triangle angry angry

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by oppybouy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by MosquitoLaps(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Devil's triangle is an understatement.
Call is the Axis of Evil.

Anyways, waiting for Dan Brown (Author of Da Vinci code) to demystify it.
It has become a tradition of his to debunk popular claims in all of his books. I read where he said UFOs don't exist. They are experiments the US carry out to upgrade their military, and the drivers are usually programmed robots.
Well, I am tempted to believe him o.

Any reason why I shouldn't?

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by iheanyi40(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Holywizard:
my girl's puzsy is just like de devil's triangle...
So deep that an ipad can be lost inside it
lol smh
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by kelrichie181(m): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Holywizard:
my girl's puzsy is just like de devil's triangle...
So deep that an ipad can be lost inside it
:
i go like sample that puna
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
rexkexmilan:
[b]Bermuda Triangle is the greatest unsolved
mystery of the modern age. Also called
Devil's Triangle.

It is a triangular shaped area in the North
Atlantic Ocean, from Bermuda Island to
Miami, USA and Puerto Rico. Hundreds of
people and numerous boats, ships and
planes have disappeared inside this triangle.
Reasons given for these disappearances vary
from scientific to sheer myth.

Here are 10
Shocking facts about Bermuda Triangle:

Fact No. 1:

The Bermuda Triangle is not small. In fact, it
is quite large and covers an area of 440,000
miles of sea. This is larger than the combined
area of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh &
Maharashtra.

Fact No. 2:

The triangle is certainly not fixed and its
effect can be experienced outside of the
triangle too.

Fact No. 3:

The disappearances are ascribed to UFO's
and alien activity, city of Atlantis lost under
the triangle, and various other technical,
natural and geographical reasons.

Fact No. 4:

Whenever any plane or ship disappears in
the Triangle, its debris cannot be found. The
reason behind this is that Gulf Stream runs
near the triangle, which quickly gets rid of

the debris.

Fact No. 5:

At least 1000 lives are lost within the last
100 years. On average, 4 aircraft and 20
yachts go missing every year.

Fact No. 6:

Inside the Bermuda Triangle, US Government
has AUTEC (for Atlantic Undersea Test and
Evaluation Center), which is located on the
Andros Island of Bahamas. Here US Navy
tests their submarines, sonar and other
weapons. However many are of the view that
it is more than just the testing center.

Fact No. 7:

People have experienced electronic fog in the
triangle, which can be a Time Travel Tunnel
too. Pilot Bruce Gernon claims he lost 28
minutes after flying through a time-warping
cloud tunnel. The plane went missing from
radars, only to re-emerge in Miami Beach.
(Source: The Fog by Bruce Gernon.)

Fact No. 8:

One of the biggest and famous losses of US
Military occurred in 1945. Five US Navy
Avenger torpedo bombers flew from Fort
Lauderdale, Florida for a sortie to the island
of Bimini. The mission had 14 men. After
about 90 minutes, the radio operators
received a signal that the compass was not
working. After that the communication was
lost. The bombers were never found. The
three planes that went for their rescue also
disappeared.

Fact No. 9:

The first person to report about Bermuda
Triangle was Christopher Columbus. He wrote
in his journals that inside the triangle, the
ship's compass stopped working and he also
saw a fireball in the sky.

Fact No. 10:

Bermuda Triangle is one of the rare places
on earth where the compass does not point
towards Magnetic North. Instead of that, it
point towards true north, which creates
confusion and that's why so many ships and
planes lost its course in the trianglegrin
[/b]
all these nonsense u wrote, wasn't worth it, it's no sense, their is nothing like the bemuda triangle, it is only a mere myth, scientist have checked and never saw nothing..I'm surprised as to how commentators On this post, are ravishing the vain OP with accolades, not knowing he wrote figments of his imaginations.... didn't u even bother to realise there was no Source ? .. Please blacks should learn how to read and enlighten their selves, we (blacks) are haters of knowledge and we do not strife for knowledge despite the obvious fact we are the most backward race on earth it is repulsive...

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
rexkexmilan:
[b]Bermuda Triangle is the greatest unsolved
mystery of the modern age. Also called
Devil's Triangle.

It is a triangular shaped area in the North
Atlantic Ocean, from Bermuda Island to
Miami, USA and Puerto Rico. Hundreds of
people and numerous boats, ships and
planes have disappeared inside this triangle.
Reasons given for these disappearances vary
from scientific to sheer myth.

Here are 10
Shocking facts about Bermuda Triangle:

Fact No. 1:

The Bermuda Triangle is not small. In fact, it
is quite large and covers an area of 440,000
miles of sea. This is larger than the combined
area of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh &
Maharashtra.

Fact No. 2:

The triangle is certainly not fixed and its
effect can be experienced outside of the
triangle too.

Fact No. 3:

The disappearances are ascribed to UFO's
and alien activity, city of Atlantis lost under
the triangle, and various other technical,
natural and geographical reasons.

Fact No. 4:

Whenever any plane or ship disappears in
the Triangle, its debris cannot be found. The
reason behind this is that Gulf Stream runs
near the triangle, which quickly gets rid of

the debris.

Fact No. 5:

At least 1000 lives are lost within the last
100 years. On average, 4 aircraft and 20
yachts go missing every year.

Fact No. 6:

Inside the Bermuda Triangle, US Government
has AUTEC (for Atlantic Undersea Test and
Evaluation Center), which is located on the
Andros Island of Bahamas. Here US Navy
tests their submarines, sonar and other
weapons. However many are of the view that
it is more than just the testing center.

Fact No. 7:

People have experienced electronic fog in the
triangle, which can be a Time Travel Tunnel
too. Pilot Bruce Gernon claims he lost 28
minutes after flying through a time-warping
cloud tunnel. The plane went missing from
radars, only to re-emerge in Miami Beach.
(Source: The Fog by Bruce Gernon.)

Fact No. 8:

One of the biggest and famous losses of US
Military occurred in 1945. Five US Navy
Avenger torpedo bombers flew from Fort
Lauderdale, Florida for a sortie to the island
of Bimini. The mission had 14 men. After
about 90 minutes, the radio operators
received a signal that the compass was not
working. After that the communication was
lost. The bombers were never found. The
three planes that went for their rescue also
disappeared.

Fact No. 9:

The first person to report about Bermuda
Triangle was Christopher Columbus. He wrote
in his journals that inside the triangle, the
ship's compass stopped working and he also
saw a fireball in the sky.

Fact No. 10:

Bermuda Triangle is one of the rare places
on earth where the compass does not point
towards Magnetic North. Instead of that, it
point towards true north, which creates
confusion and that's why so many ships and
planes lost its course in the trianglegrin
[/b]
all these nonsense u wrote, wasn't worth it, it's no sense, their is nothing like the bemuda triangle, it is only a mere myth, scientist have checked and never saw nothing..I'm surprised as to how commentators On this post, are ravishing the vain OP with accolades, not knowing he wrote figments of his imaginations.... didn't u even bother to realise there was no Source ? .. Please blacks should learn how to read and enlighten their selves, we (blacks) are haters of knowledge and we do not strife for knowledge despite the obvious fact we are the most backward race on earth it is repulsive... We re just too crude for my liking

For car owners and diagnostic shops, learn how u can use ur phone to run diagnostics for ur car, check ur engine E.C.U... click on my signature
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by mojeed4(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
all these nonsense u wrote, wasn't worth it, it's no sense, their is nothing like the bemuda triangle, it is only a mere myth, scientist have checked and never saw nothing..I'm surprised as to how commentators On this post, are ravishing the vain OP with accolades, not knowing he wrote figments of his imaginations.... didn't u even bother to realise there was no Source ? .. Please blacks should learn how to read and enlighten their selves, we (blacks) are haters of knowledge and we do not strife for knowledge despite the obvious fact we are the most backward race on earth it is repulsive... We re just too crude for my liking

Help me tell them o...

funny how everyone fell for this. The bemuda triangle does not have any more occurrence of plane crashes/ disappearance than other areas of the world.

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by brutalkhleo(f): 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
bufness:
hmmm, my bet is on the atlantis theory, thats definitely where atlantis sank, if it ever existed lol, meanwhile cant our leaders all just book a plane for a conference and mistakenly fall into the bermuda triangle angry angry
I agree with you

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Pdizzle(m): 6:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:

You're the wrong person here. Bermuda triangle exists. Although the OP did some copy and paste that were wrong assertions. There's nothing mysterious about the Bermuda triangle, the unusual thing about the area is the existence of magnetic fields that makes the navigation compass of both planes and ship malfunction. The wrong readings by the pilot tends to make them try to find the right direction which causes an unending movement in the triangle till the jet fuel is exhausted and the plane crashes as the Bermuda is a very large area. Contrary to people's opinion lots of planes go through that direction, it's a very busy air route because it spans outskirts of Miami, Bermuda island and Puerto Rico. There are ways to get around it.
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by alotofgrace(m): 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Have ijor pple visited the triangle river?
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by henribj(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
OP with regards to FACT #6, how come the USA have a testing center inside the triangle? how are they able to stay safe in it and yet others can't?

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Pdizzle(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
henribj:
OP with regards to FACT #6, how come the USA have a testing center inside the triangle? how are they able to stay safe in it and yet others can't?
There's nothing wrong with the triangle, you can live on the water if you want to, the only problem is the magnetic field which makes compass and radio device malfunction, making it a deadly zone for planes and ships, as they'll be practically lost.

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by henribj(m): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pdizzle:

There's nothing wrong with the triangle, you can live on the water if you want to, the only problem is the magnetic field which makes compass and radio device malfunction, making it a deadly zone for planes and ships, as they'll be practically lost.

when they get lost, where do they end up?
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by tpiander: 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
b3llo:
Bermuda Triangle...
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Pdizzle(m): 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
henribj:

when they get lost, where do they end up?
If you understand how planes navigate, you'll know it mostly on instruments, so when the instrument controlling you is pointing to a wrong direction you'll try to get it right till the fuel jet finishes and it crashes into the ocean.

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by henribj(m): 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pdizzle:

If you understand how planes navigate, you'll know it mostly on instruments, so when the instrument controlling you is pointing to a wrong direction you'll try to get it right till the fuel jet finishes and it crashes into the ocean.

ahh i see.
Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
all these nonsense u wrote, wasn't worth it, it's no sense, their is nothing like the bemuda triangle, it is only a mere myth, scientist have checked and never saw nothing..I'm surprised as to how commentators On this post, are ravishing the vain OP with accolades, not knowing he wrote figments of his imaginations.... didn't u even bother to realise there was no Source ? .. Please blacks should learn how to read and enlighten their selves, we (blacks) are haters of knowledge and we do not strife for knowledge despite the obvious fact we are the most backward race on earth it is repulsive...
Bro, Why are you being so bitter?

The Fact that you do not believe that the triangle exist is not an avenue for you to express your Stuupiidity..... If You don't believe what I typed, Why Make ado?

It doesn't cost much to be sensible.

#Peace.

Re: 10 Shocking Facts About The Bermuda Triangle!! by ODUBEZE: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
rexkexmilan:
Bro, Why are you being so bitter?

The Fact that you do not believe that the triangle exist is not an avenue for you to express your Stuupiidity..... If You don't believe what I typed, Why Make ado?

It doesn't cost much to be sensible.

#Peace.
No mind them. some dey wey be say if them never abuse them never get themselves.

EDF Pulse Africa Awards For Nigerian Start-ups(win Up To €30,000 In Prizes) / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Admission Into Regular Course 2014/2015 / Nice Wildlife Photos. Check!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64