Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? (4217 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Kanoro: 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Obviously most African nations today are an artificial invention with artificial borders cut out for the white man's convenience. However some countries borders are closer to the precolonial kingdoms than others one example being Egypt. Of all the black African nations, I think I'll bet Ghana would be the first. It was only divided up into 2 kingdoms and a few tribes before white intervention and of those 2 kingdoms, one was a tributary state of the other. The Ashante people have been and continue to be relatively successful and organized compared to most of sub-saharan Africa. Ghana has also had very little conflicts as far as wars are concerned and are moving in a good direction. Nigeria would be easily as rich and powerful as any western nation if it weren't for the ridiculous amount of corruption and selfishness in the government. Anyway what are your opinions? I hope to God that during my life time, one of the sub-saharan countries will rise above and pave the way for the rest. I'm an American myself but I sympathize with Africa's stance in the world. They are never taken seriously and always associated with the lesser. What are your opinions?
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by EzeUche(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ghana is the most likely, but that country has problems. I used to say Kenya as well but the Luo and Kikuyu need to see pass their difference. Ethiopia borders haven't changed much in its history except with Eritrea breaking away, but it has not been blessed with leaders who care about their people.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Kanoro: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
EzeUche:
Ghana is the most likely, but that country has problems. I used to say Kenya as well but the Luo and Kikuyu need to see pass their difference. Ethiopia borders haven't changed much in its history except with Eritrea breaking away, but it has not been blessed with leaders who care about their people.
I agree and Ethiopia also set an awesome example for the rest of Africa back during the scramble for Africa. They knew of the importance of modernizing their military and successfully defended their country against the Italians. They were the only African country (including the more technologically advanced North African countries) to successfully defend themselves against colonialism. They've also been one of the most powerful nations historically and hence one of the oldest continuous countries in the world. I think the big reasons why they are in such terrible shape today is the effects of European monopoly on everything around them which disturbed the natural balance of their economy that had grown and developed on its own over centuries. Also the fact that the Sahara is quickly encroaching on the country which is causing many famines. Lastly I just feel that their sense of self-reliance and historical pride has had a reverse effect on them as a people making them become complacent and unwilling to change their historical ways. Basically the complete opposite of what they did in the past to resist colonialism.

1 Like

Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Sweetguy25: 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Anyone but not Nigeria.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Kanoro: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Anyone but not Nigeria.
Can you elaborate and tell me your opinions and why?
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2015
After Nigeria releases Biafra, then they can challenge China in wealth if they like.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by totoisgud(m): 12:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Is this really a question? D question is flawed because it intrinsically assumes dat no African nation has emerged. D proper question wud hv been; which African nation has emerged? And d answer is SOUTH AFRICA.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Apr 27, 2015
totoisgud:
Is this really a question? D question is flawed because it intrinsically assumes dat no African nation has emerged. D proper question wud hv been; which African nation has emerged? And d answer is SOUTH AFRICA.

[size=14pt]BAHAHAHAHAHAH![/size]
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Kanoro: 12:47am On Apr 27, 2015
totoisgud:

South Africa is pretty obvious though and it's still relatively poor and underdeveloped compared to other countries of the world. It also has a massive aids and rape problem.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Rossikk(m): 12:51am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

[size=14pt]BAHAHAHAHAHAH![/size]

Not sure why you're laughing, but the black-led South African government which has governed the nation since 1994 (22 years) has overseen the recent economic success and growth of that country, and have shown that a black African administration is capable of running a modern nation. There were many people during apartheid who claimed the country would fall apart within 6 months if ''handed over to the blacks''. It's been 22 years now, and SA is still here. THAT IS PROOF OF AFRICAN ADMINISTRATIVE COMPETENCE, POLITICAL MATURITY AND SOPHISTICATION.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 27, 2015
no other country than the united states of biafra . cool
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 12:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Rossikk:

Not sure why you're laughing, but the black-run South African government which has led the nation since 1994 (22 years) has overseen the recent economic success and growth of that country, and have shown that a black African administration is capable of running a modern nation. There were many people during apartheid who claimed the country would fall apart within 6 months if ''henaded over to blacks''. It's been 22 years, and SA is still here. THAT IS A CREDIT TO AFRICAN POLITICAL MATURITY AND SOPHISTICATION.

First of have you been to South Africa? Do you know the murder and rape rate? Are you sure you want to use South Africa as a successful African nation even though Afrikaners own everything in their country?
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:57am On Apr 27, 2015
South Africa
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 27, 2015
united states of biafra

1 Like

Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by emiye(m): 12:59am On Apr 27, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
no other country than the united states of biafra . cool

Vote against ngwa man and die tongue.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:00am On Apr 27, 2015
1- south Africa & Algeria have already emerged

Next to follow are in no specific order

2- Ethiopia
3-Angola
4-DR Congo
5- Rwanda
6-Kenya
7-Cameroon
8-Nigeria
9- Tchad
10- Equatorial Guinea
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 27, 2015
emiye:

Vote against ngwa man and die tongue.

biafra grin
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 1:01am On Apr 27, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
1- south Africa & Algeria have already emerged

In what way? Is Algeria black?
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Rossikk(m): 1:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Kanoro:
Obviously most African nations today are an artificial invention with artificial borders cut out for the white man's convenience. However some countries borders are closer to the precolonial kingdoms than others one example being Egypt. Of all the black African nations, I think I'll bet Ghana would be the first. It was only divided up into 2 kingdoms and a few tribes before white intervention and of those 2 kingdoms, one was a tributary state of the other. The Ashante people have been and continue to be relatively successful and organized compared to most of sub-saharan Africa. Ghana has also had very little conflicts as far as wars are concerned and are moving in a good direction. Nigeria would be easily as rich and powerful as any western nation if it weren't for the ridiculous amount of corruption and selfishness in the government. Anyway what are your opinions? I hope to God that during my life time, one of the sub-saharan countries will rise above and pave the way for the rest. I'm an American myself but I sympathize with Africa's stance in the world. They are never taken seriously and always associated with the lesser. What are your opinions?

Everything points to Nigeria being the first West African major industrial and economic power. It is presently Africa's largest economy with an annual GDP of $521 billion, and is projected to become Africa's first trillion dollar economy by 2025. It is the nation with Africa's largest university-educated population, has a rapidly growing manufacturing and service sector, and is witnessing an agricultural and construction boom. All this allied to a recent national election universally acknowledged as credible, and the climate is set for a serious expansion in the nation's social, economic and political profile in the coming years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Rossikk(m): 1:05am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

First of have you been to South Africa? Do you know the murder and rape rate? Are you sure you want to use South Africa as a successful African nation even though Afrikaners own everything in their country?

Is the murder and rape rate of South Africa higher than America's? In America, 11,000 people are killed by gun violence yearly. No one says America has failed when people there walk into a theatre or school and shoot dead innocents. So why is South Africa's situation not treated similarly as a social crisis as opposed to a sign of ''black govt failure''?

Afrikaners are South Africans. Whether they own this or that is immaterial. The government is black-run and and the population is 92% black, making it a black African nation run by blacks, which is successful.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 1:06am On Apr 27, 2015
Rossikk:

Everything points to Nigeria being the first West African major industrial and economic power. It is presently Africa's largest economy with an annual GDP of $521 billion, and is projected to become Africa's first trillion dollar economy by 2025. It is the nation with Africa's largest university-educated population, has a rapidly growing manufacturing and service sector, and is witnessing an agricultural and construction boom. All this allied to a recent national election universally acknowledged as credible, and the climate is set for a serious expansion in the nation's social, economic and political profile in the coming years.

It has $521 billion yet 30 people can die without anyone blinking an eye. It's educational institutions aren't worth anything, and is highly dependent on crude oil which is dwindling in price. Please, I thought this thread was also about human development, not simply pointless statistics on paper.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:07am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

In what way?

For both countries?

SA .
Still the 1st Economy on the continent, regardless the doctored numbers by Gej administration
1- Major infrastructural development going own ( dams, highways , hospitals ,housings

2- top African companies & banks competing with multinationals from all over the world

3- Top African cities

4- top universities, fountain of knowledge.

Algeria
1- top army, able to preserve and keep the integrity of the country able to protect their wealth
2- one of the few if not the only country that can't b bullied by the west
3- debt free
4 - good companies & banks competiting against western monopoly in Africa
5- major infrastructural development going on
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:08am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

In what way? Is Algeria black?

Yes Algeria is black

Have you watched the last world cup?

1 Like

Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by emiye(m): 1:11am On Apr 27, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

biafra grin

The casket of Biafra dreams here for you

1 Like

Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 1:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Rossikk:

Is the murder and rape rate of South Africa higher than America's? In America, 11,000 people are killed by gun violence yearly. No one says America has failed when people there walk into a theater or school and shoot dead innocents. So why is South Africa's situation not treated similarly as a social crisis as opposed to a sign of ''black govt failure''?

This is about the emerging of an African country right? But if you want to make the comparison the US has roughly 14,000 murders per year with a population of 320 million. South Africa has roughly 16,000 murders a year with a population of 50 million. It also has the highest rape rate in the world.

Black South Africans don't own South Africa.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 1:12am On Apr 27, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Yes Algeria is black

Have you watched the last world cup?

So is France and the UK black? And perhaps I should watch the Olympics to get the demographic of the USA?
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 27, 2015
emiye:

The casket of Biafra dreams here for you

jeerk off holding your mama breast cool idiot
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Rossikk(m): 1:13am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

It has $521 billion yet 30 people can die without anyone blinking an eye. It's educational institutions aren't worth anything, and is highly dependent on crude oil which is dwindling in price. Please, I thought this thread was also about human development, not simply pointless statistics on paper.

It's educational institutions aren't worth anything? .... Have you ever built a common nursery school in your entire life to utter such garbage? Are you not a product of those ''worthless'' institutions? Considering your British colonial masters built zero universities in Nigeria compared to our nearly 200 under black rule, I'd say we've come a very long way thank you. If you think your education brought about by black leadership was ''worthless'', return to your village farm where the white colonialists left your grandparents.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:15am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

So is France and the UK black? And perhaps I should watch the Olympics to get the demographic of the USA?

You don't make sense .France and UK can't no b considered black because the indigenous population in those countries are not black or of African descend

While in Algeria the black there didn't come from any country , there are millions of black in Algeria , indigenous people if that's not being a black country then I don't know what being a black country means .

The USA is another different case , I don't think there is a need to present the case here.

If anything Algeria is an occupied country
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 1:16am On Apr 27, 2015
Rossikk:

It's educational institutions aren't worth anything? .... Have you ever built a common nursery school in your entire life to utter such garbage? Are you not a product of those ''worthless'' institutions? Considering your British colonial masters built zero universities in Nigeria compared to our nearly 200 under black rule, I'd say we've come a very long way thank you.

That's not how you reply. If they were worth anything, you wouldn't be asking me to build a nursery. The British brought Western education to Nigeria, therefore universities. The early elites went to university. The universities may be under 'black rule', but they don't do 'black rule' any justice.
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by ezeagu(m): 1:19am On Apr 27, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

You don't make sense .France and UK can't no b considered black because the indigenous population in those countries are not black or of African descend

While in Algeria the black there didn't come from any country , there are millions of black in Algeria , indigenous people if that's not being a black country then I don't know what being a black country means .

The USA is another different case , I don't think there is a need to present the case here.

If anything Algeria is an occupied country

And South Africa is an occupied country, so what's the difference. I'm looking at Algeria and the president isn't black and never has been, the prime minister isn't black, and the countries official language is Arabic. How is this a black country?
Re: Which Black African Nation Do You Think Will Become The First To Emerge? by Kanoro: 1:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Rossikk:

Is the murder and rape rate of South Africa higher than America's? In America, 11,000 people are killed by gun violence yearly. No one says America has failed when people there walk into a theatre or school and shoot dead innocents. So why is South Africa's situation not treated similarly as a social crisis as opposed to a sign of ''black govt failure''?

Afrikaners are South Africans. Whether they own this or that is immaterial. The government is black-run and and the population is 92% black, making it a black African nation run by blacks, which is successful.

America has almost 10x more people and significantly more densely populated urban centers than South Africa so to compare murder rate by numbers is inaccurate. If you went by total numbers based on % of population then I think that would be a more accurate measurement. You also have to take the efficiency of the police force and the funding and equipment of it into account vs South Africa. The American police force is one of the strongest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

River State Govenor Wike Looses Appeal / President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today / Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.