Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today (4214 Views)

Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja Today (Graphic Photos) / President Buhari Meets With Donald Trump Along With African Leaders In US.Photos / Aisha Buhari To Host West African First Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by stephanie11: 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nigerian leader serves a mediator in Gambia's leadership crisis

Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari will be hosting four west African leaders to a meeting in Abuja on monday. The meeting is aimed at helping the leadership crisis in The Gambia.

It will also focus on ensuring peace and preserving democracy in The Gambia.

Politics Nigeria learnt that the immediate past President of Ghana, John Mahama and President Buhari who play the roles of Co-Mediator and Mediator respectively, have also been mandated by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to ensure the safety of the President-elect, Adama Barrow and ensure a peaceful handover of power on January 19.

The meeting in Abuja is following the one in Accra on the sidelines of the inauguration of that country’s President which expressed the readiness of the leaders of the sub-region to continue the pursuit of dialogue with the leaders of The Gambia.

The Presidents of Liberia and Senegal, the Vice President of Sierra-Leone and ex-President Mahama are expected at the meeting.

There are heavy tensions in the Gambia following Yaya Jammeh's refusal to leave power after suffering a defeat at the election polls about a month ago. He remains adamant on not handing over power, claiming that the elections were 'rigged' to favour his opponent, Adama Barrow.

http://politicsngr.com/president-buhari-host-west-african-leaders-abuja/

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by INTROVERT(f): 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
angry
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by ngwababe(f): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Aiit

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by MKO4ever(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Anything to ensure peace in the region is welcome
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Martinola(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
Africans and greed are like cake and icing...i won't coment abt d involvement of d so called mediator who is a tyro wen it comes to democrecy, i don't want to be banned again.
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by DONSMITH123(m): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
To discuss on Jammel issue. Ok na
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by blaise00700(m): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
Yahya Jammeh! Yahya Jammeh!! Yahya Jammeh!!!

How many times did i call you?

Don't mess with Bubu ooo, step down now or ....
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by eleojo23: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
Buhari trying to play hero by trying to settle crisis in another man's country instead of attending to the crisis in his own country.

Mtchew...

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by NNVanguard(m): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
When is he hosting security, peace and conflict resolution meeting between the Fulani herdsmen and their victims?

Can't we remove our logs in your eyes first before we remove the speck in a foreign land?

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by BrutalJab: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
Wetin the dull cow sabi? Mtcheeew
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by kalusky02(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
What ever the outcome of their deliberation, Yahya Jammeh must be shown the way out come 19th January, 2017.
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by muller102(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
Host nation that is in shambles.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Emekamex(m): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
My problem is the amount of money that will be spent on this jamboree.
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Mavinkent(m): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dear friends,
Please I am really desperate for a good job that can keep me going. I am 26years of age now and I really need to get something doing so that I can take proper care of my needs and my parents.
I am a N.C.E dropout, i stopped my education because of no money to continue.
I have 6months experience in computer typing and graphic design also 3 months in software settings both system and phone. I went for the training after dropout, and am really good.
I speak good English, I am presentable and decent.
I am very good at internet stuff.
I am also available for any decent job.
I am based in Efon~Alaaye Ekiti State, but I am ready to relocate anywhere if I am offered a job that has accommodation attached to it.
Please I beg everyone here in the name of God, help me out because it's not really easy at all for me all this years sitting at home doing nothing. You can call or text me on 09034449055 if you have anything for me please.
Please note that I am single and have no kids so I am ready to move anywhere and start work immediately.
Like I said before am available for any job, what I can't do is driver because I don't have any experience, but any other available job is ok. If you have any vacancy job at your office, house, friends or family, please call me.
The available job you think I can't do, might be the one that I really like or also have interest.
The job I can't do is driver because I don't know how to drive, but any other available job is welcome

Thanks to you all and I hold my faith high that someone here will help me and I will be here to give a great testimony.
0 9 0 3 4 4 4 9 0 5 5 Or Email mavinkent251@yahoo.com always available..... Thanks
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Kpakorich: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Oboy....see as our president look like sickle cell overlap his body....
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by EmekaBlue(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
if he like he should host aliens...i dont like his admin..its not working

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by DozieInc(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jammeh must go
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Innodon(m): 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
Let him sort southern Kaduna out 1st

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by leofab(f): 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
General Cassandra should first obey the ecowas court appeals before forcing Jammeh to...

A good leader leads by example..
Iranu

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by SmartyPants(m): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ecowas have not gone about this well imo.

Instead of threatening the man, which has led to him rejecting their arbitration, What they should have done is first offer to oversee the entire petition and appeals process.

Now cue the people who have queued up to go off-topic by insulting Buhari.
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by daniska3yaro(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Buhari go divert 2017 budget to sponsor war in gambia make wuna wait see,buhari no get nigeria 4 heart.
Re: President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today by Oildichotomy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
Asking an ex-dictator to mediate in another dictator's wahala is akin to asking a judge to adjudicate on his own case.

(1) (Reply)

Is Abu Vice Chancellor Lying (photo Proof) / IPOB Set To Make A Powerful Announcement That Will Shock Nigeria - Game Changer / Jilli Attack: Nigerian Army Suffers Heavy Casualty, 62 Soldiers Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.