Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President (3280 Views)

7 Most Corrupt and Influencial Nigerians President Buhari Cannot Touch / If Ph.d Cannot Solve Nigeria's Problem Is It Sch Cert Dropout That Can? / 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Justcash(m): 2:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Buhari's supporters have often described him as being incorruptible, stringent, pro-developmental and forthright. However, historical antecedents and current political dynamics negates those attributes. Based on these observations, there are several issues that Buhari can never solve as the president of Nigeria. Five of them are listed and briefly explained below.

1: CORRUPTION: "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are". With people like Amaechi, Atiku, Obasanjo, Timipre Sylva, Tinubu etc surrounding Buhari as political henchmen, one cannot help but wonder how corruption can be eliminated without these men being incarcerated. Already, Buhari has grown fond of saying, "My Party will Decide", which implies that decision making in his tenure will be based on the decision of his party, which is led by Tinubu and Atiku (as possible BOT chairman). If you are dreaming of Buhari eliminating corruption as the president, PLEASE WAKE UP FROM YOUR DEEP SLUMBER.

2: TRIBALISM: Buhari has never hidden his bias against other ethnic group until his recent campaign for the presidency in 2015. As a matter that fact, one of the reasons why his puppets like Amaechi shielded him from open interviews and debates was because this intricate feature of the man could be revealed. He is tribalistic and he does not hide it. This is already being played out. Under previous Nigerian democratic governments, elected presidents tried to influence the reflection of federal character in top political positions in Nigeria. The several regions between the north and south were represented in the presidency, senate and house of reps. Buhari has just been elected the president, and under his watch the North is about to occupy all the pole positions in Nigeria. For the first time in many years, the North is about to occupy the national presidency, Senate Presidency and President of House of Reps. The South West, being allies, are being compensated with vice presidency and vice senate presidency. People like Amaechi were compensated with a south south slot in the vice presidency of the house of reps. Knowing the antecedents of Buhari, this is child's play compared to what is to come in the next four years.

3: PEACE: I find it funny when people tell me that Buhari's leadership will be peaceful. Considering the brutish and no-nonsense attitude of the man, he will step on many toes, especially in the South-South, and the outcome will be a massive disruption of economic activities in Nigeria. Pipelines will possibly go up in flames, except the war general agrees to listen to the ragtag NigerDelta warlords (laughable). MASSOB will step up their activities for secession, especially now that the SOUTH EAST has been effectively taken out of political relevance. I really do hope that Buhari is in control of BOKO HARAM because a combination of the three will completely disable his government. He may need to be more compromising than confrontational, which is very unlikely. If you are praying for peace, pray harder.

4: CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY: Yeah, agreed that it is not easy to change the power situation in Nigeria, why then was Jonathan expected to perform such a magic in 4-6 years? A combination of corruption, sabotage and ineptitude will make the attainment of constant power supply elusive under Buhari. He will spend more time probing the way that past governments spent billions in the sector than make any feasible change. Just like in his days as the head of PTF, massive corruption will be perpetrated under his watch and he will have no idea about them. Then, of course, sabotage will be the order of the day, as political opposition and industrial antagonists will strive to make CONTANT power supply impossible.

5: ECONOMIC GROWTH: Nigeria's economy is monotonous (dependent on oil) and the current dynamics and volatility in the global petroleum industry shows that the glorious days of outrageously high oil prices is over. This presents a great challenge for Buhari, as his economic promises are simply too extreme to be achieved under the current economic realities. He can decide to diversify Nigeria's economy, but that will take more than 4 years of belt-tightening policies and sustained economic investments, which Nigerians are not to patient to endure. There is nothing that Buhari can do to change Nigeria's economy overnight. For him to realize his economic promises, he will need to borrow, borrow and borrow, which I don't think that he will want to do. If the OPPOSITION, PDP, decides to play dirty like APC did by scoring cheap political points with unpopular economic policies, Buhari's government will be in for a very tough four years.

5 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by deniyor: 2:44am On Apr 27, 2015
Too early to judge a man who has not even assumed office. While I admit i support neither Jona or Buhari, the fact is Buhari won. So it's up to all of us to support him to be successful. His success will benefit Nigerians as a collective.

12 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by ernecy(m): 2:47am On Apr 27, 2015
Let d waiting game begin

Atleast we can start judging him, when he resume office on 29May
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by ezeagu(m): 2:49am On Apr 27, 2015
See this thread in a few months. *stake in the ground*
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Justcash(m): 2:52am On Apr 27, 2015
deniyor:
Too early to judge a man who has not even assumed office. While I admit i support neither Jona or Buhari, the fact is Buhari won. So it's up to all of us to support him to be successful. His success will benefit Nigerians as a collective.

True, but it is a fact that the man also made some desperate promises that are simply not feasible. In politics, we have oppositions, and the type of opposition in Nigerian politics, as exemplified by APC, is that of blackmail and disruption. It is important to start stating the realities now than nurse unrealistic expectation.

These four years will be so hard on Buhari.
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by jascon1(m): 2:56am On Apr 27, 2015
Too early to judge. Mr. Poster we know he can't perform all miracles. But, save your [b]anticle[/b]for 2019

1 Like

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Justcash(m): 3:01am On Apr 27, 2015
jascon1:
Too early to judge. Mr. Poster we know he can't perform all miracles. But, save your [b]anticle[/b]for 2019

I used "Cannot" and not "Could not". There is a difference between Forecasting and Judging performance.
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by deniyor: 3:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Justcash:

True, but it is a fact that the man also made some desperate promises that are simply not feasible. In politics, we have oppositions, and the type of opposition in Nigerian politics, as exemplified by APC, is that of blackmail and disruption. It is important to start stating the realities now than nurse unrealistic expectation.

These four years will be so hard on Buhari.

Both sides made impossible promises. PDP ran an incompetent campaign. GEJ's had little to show for his last six years. Its also unfortunate Nigerians didn't get to really question Buhari's manifesto. A debate would have been nice. But hey, no room for buyer's remorse. He is going to be president. So we have no choice but to accept it. And hope he makes something good out of it. Support him till you decide what you want in the next election.

4 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Ilekeh(f): 3:07am On Apr 27, 2015
India now has oil. So does the U.S. So does Russia, China etc.

Nigeria didn't even make the list of top oil producers in 2012.

You oilcoholics can keep shouting oil......but Nigerias oil is becoming less demanding. Then you can drink your oil and blow up your pipes.

Keep cutting your nose to spite your face.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Justcash(m): 3:15am On Apr 27, 2015
deniyor:

Both sides made impossible promises. PDP ran an incompetent campaign. GEJ's had little to show for his last six years. Its also unfortunate Nigerians didn't get to really question Buhari's manifesto. A debate would have been nice. But hey, no room for buyer's remorse. He is going to be president. So we have no choice but to accept it. And hope he makes something good out of it. Support him till you decide what you want in the next election.

Oh well, this is not about PDP vs APC's performance. It is about Buhari as the president. It shows that I have accepted him as the president (that is what he is anyway). The type of expectation that your call for patience reflects is exactly why I wrote this article. These expectations makes me nervous even though I don't like Buhari. The guy (Buhari) is striving so hard to reduce these expectations. It is important to preach the reality on ground so that more understanding of his inadequacies can be generated.

I'm sure of one thing though, he will be a roasted meat for PDP's consumption. I just hope he will be as sensible as GEJ when the time of reckoning comes.

2 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Tomibyte(m): 3:16am On Apr 27, 2015
That no 1 make sense die. Op ur head dey there gidigba. *hears bang on d door,tinubu ppl don come,heads for d bush 4 straight,use shortcut,enter my parlour.thank God.I can now drink my garri in peace
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by jascon1(m): 3:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Justcash:

I used "Cannot" and not "Could not". There is a difference between Forecasting and Judging performance.
my brother English is worth the pain. Can n could which carries more probability?
Can is English is used for things that are certain.

Could is used for things that are possible but not certain.

Therefore, correct yourself n come back to me

3 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Justcash(m): 3:45am On Apr 27, 2015
jascon1:
my brother English is worth the pain. Can n could which carries more probability?
Can is English is used for things that are certain.

Could is used for things that are possible but not certain.

Therefore, correct yourself n come back to me

Stop confusing yourself bro.

I talked about five issues that Buhari "cannot" solve as the president, which implies more of prediction or forecast than appraisal (judgment) of performance. Yes, you can predict with certainty. All what I said are obvious for every Nigerian to see.

If I change it to five issues that Buhari "could not or couldn't" solve as the president, then I am appraising (judging) his performance as a president.

2 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by handsometokunbo: 4:23am On Apr 27, 2015
Justcash:
Buhari's supporters have often described him as being incorruptible, stringent, pro-developmental and forthright. However, historical antecedents and current political dynamics negates those attributes. Based on these observations, there are several issues that Buhari can never solve as the president of Nigeria. Five of them are listed and briefly explained below.

1: CORRUPTION: "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are". With people like Amaechi, Atiku, Obasanjo, Timipre Sylva, Tinubu etc surrounding Buhari as political henchmen, one cannot help but wonder how corruption can be eliminated without these men being incarcerated. Already, Buhari has grown fond of saying, "My Party will Decide", which implies that decision making in his tenure will be based on the decision of his party, which is led by Tinubu and Atiku (as possible BOT chairman). If you are dreaming of Buhari eliminating corruption as the president, PLEASE WAKE UP FROM YOUR DEEP SLUMBER.

2: TRIBALISM: Buhari has never hidden his bias against other ethnic group until his recent campaign for the presidency in 2015. As a matter that fact, one of the reasons why his puppets like Amaechi shielded him from open interviews and debates was because this intricate feature of the man could be revealed. He is tribalistic and he does not hide it. This is already being played out. Under previous Nigerian democratic governments, elected presidents tried to influence the reflection of federal character in top political positions in Nigeria. The several regions between the north and south were represented in the presidency, senate and house of reps. Buhari has just been elected the president, and under his watch the North is about to occupy all the pole positions in Nigeria. For the first time in many years, the North is about to occupy the national presidency, Senate Presidency and President of House of Reps. The South West, being allies, are being compensated with vice presidency and vice senate presidency. People like Amaechi were compensated with a south south slot in the vice presidency of the house of reps. Knowing the antecedents of Buhari, this is child's play compared to what is to come in the next four years.

3: PEACE: I find it funny when people tell me that Buhari's leadership will be peaceful. Considering the brutish and no-nonsense attitude of the man, he will step on many toes, especially in the South-South, and the outcome will be a massive disruption of economic activities in Nigeria. Pipelines will possibly go up in flames, except the war general agrees to listen to the ragtag NigerDelta warlords (laughable). MASSOB will step up their activities for secession, especially now that the SOUTH EAST has been effectively taken out of political relevance. I really do hope that Buhari is in control of BOKO HARAM because a combination of the three will completely disable his government. He may need to be more compromising than confrontational, which is very unlikely. If you are praying for peace, pray harder.

4: CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY: Yeah, agreed that it is not easy to change the power situation in Nigeria, why then was Jonathan expected to perform such a magic in 4-6 years? A combination of corruption, sabotage and ineptitude will make the attainment of constant power supply elusive under Buhari. He will spend more time probing the way that past governments spent billions in the sector than make any feasible change. Just like in his days as the head of PTF, massive corruption will be perpetrated under his watch and he will have no idea about them. Then, of course, sabotage will be the order of the day, as political opposition and industrial antagonists will strive to make CONTANT power supply impossible.

5: ECONOMIC GROWTH: Nigeria's economy is monotonous (dependent on oil) and the current dynamics and volatility in the global petroleum industry shows that the glorious days of outrageously high oil prices is over. This presents a great challenge for Buhari, as his economic promises are simply too extreme to be achieved under the current economic realities. He can decide to diversify Nigeria's economy, but that will take more than 4 years of belt-tightening policies and sustained economic investments, which Nigerians are not to patient to endure. There is nothing that Buhari can do to change Nigeria's economy overnight. For him to realize his economic promises, he will need to borrow, borrow and borrow, which I don't think that he will want to do. If the OPPOSITION, PDP, decides to play dirty like APC did by scoring cheap political points with unpopular economic policies, Buhari's government will be in for a very tough four years.

Gibberish at its peak!!!!!!

Say this prior to Aguiyi Ironsi(Igbo) administration and I ll buy this submission. I ll presume that the writer of this self-serving rubbish wasn't born then.

I ll quickly take this gibberish writer down the memory lane, the first time ever that an Igbo man(Aguiyi Ironsi) became a president of this great country, the administration was all about tribalism, bigotry and nepotism. Igbos filled up everywhere in a space of few months. No President-prime minister prior to Aguiyi Ironsi govt was able to pull that without Igbo screaming their usual marginalisation rhetoric

Fast forward to 2011 till date, Igbo led federal government was the most tribalistic govt of all time.
Pls, take a look at Jonathan administration; an Igbo led govt and tell me any Nigeria president that has ever been so tribalistic like this except Aguiyi Ironsi govt. The whole Jonathan administration was laced up with Igbos. However, Igbo marginalisation rhetoric stopped all through this administration cos they care less about others......

Having witnessed both sides in my lifetime, Hausas/Fulanis led federal govt is far better than Igbo led govt. If you complained about Hausas/Fulanis govt, I ll advise you to experience Igbo in power and see the big difference.

The Yoruba administration led by Obasanjo was the most neutral govt ever and that is why I hate a lot about Yorubas. Yorubas leaders with their wives were killed by Ibos military officers; Northerners responded by killing thousand of Ibos in reprisal attack but guess what, the Yorubas opened their useless hands and welcomed the same Ibos in their land. Pls who does this? Who are the people condemning the same Yorubas today? Who are the people living in the same Yorubas states than any other ethnic groups today which means sharing the federal allocation benefits with the same Yorubas.......

Yoruba occupied Aso Rock and he filled up his administration with Igbos - from Andy Uba running the who presidency cabinet kitchen, Soludo as CBN Governor, Ngozi Iwealla as Finance minister, Dora Akuyili as Minister and head of parastatal, Nnamani, Wabara, Okadigbo as Senate presidents, Ezekwesili as Minister. The funny and wonderful thing about this Yoruba move was that the only people condemning the same old man today are Igbos simply cos he is a Yoruba man, nothing else.

In 2015 till Kingdom comes, Igbos could come up with their marginalisation rhetoric again and again but nobody is buying it anymore. You are worse than Hausa/Fulani

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by socialmediaman: 4:25am On Apr 27, 2015
@op I don't want to go into your old rhetoric of being a tribalist, if that lie didn't work before the election, it certainly will not work now. The people who voted Buhari, while they are enthusiastic and eager to see things move forward, know Buhari cannot do miracles. What Nigerians want is honest leadership, if N20 accrues to us through oil and other sources, let that money be put into good use, not into the pockets of some, we believe Nigeria makes enough to take care of its citizens, if we see good leadership and accountability, we'll make sacrifices and endure together as we support government. Those who want miracles from Buhari are people like you who wanted the corruption to continue so that it will keep benefiting them at the expense of other Nigerians whom they believe should "hug transformer"... Now that their supplies have been cut, they're trying to insight others. if your intention is to Create any form of sentiments for the PDP in any way, you're really missing it, Imo state should be your example. Buhari's achievements will dwarf anything PDP has done in the last 16 years so much that when you have nothing else to talk about, you'll start inciting ethnic division. You want to eat your cake an still have it, the south east didn't produce APC senators to contend for positions in the senate, what then do you want? Deal with the new situation if actually you were not paid to write, the same amount of money will be given your leaders like other regions, ensure they put those money to good use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 27, 2015
When it comes to Tribalism the OP is saying utter rubbish. Here is a list of the Governors and cabinet members undere Buhari in 1983:
984-1985

1. Allison Madueke - Christian-Anambra.

2. Jeremiah Useni - Christian - Bendel.

3. Micheal Bamidele - Christian Ondo.

4. Oladipo Diya - Christian - Ogun.

5. David Mark - Christian - Niger.

6. John Kpera - Christian - Benue.

7. Dan Achibong - Christian - C/Rivers.

8. Ike Nwachukwu -Christian -Imo.

9. Oladipo Popoola - Christian - Oyo.

10.Bitrus Atukum - Christian - Plateau.

11. B.L. Letimah - Christian - Rivers.

12. Salaudeen Latinwo - Muslim-Kwara.

13. Gbolahan Mudasiru - Atheist-Lagos.

14. Sani Sami -Muslim - Bauchi.

15. Abubakar Waziri - Muslim - Borno.

16. Muhammadu Jega - Muslim - Gongola.

17. Usman Mu'azu - Muslim - Kaduna.

18. Hamza Abdullahi - Muslim - Kano.

19. Garba Duba -Muslim -Sokoto General

Out of 19 governors , 11 were Christians and 8 Muslims.

General Buhari's Ministers;

1. Domkat Bali - Christian - Defence.

2. Onaolapo Sholeye -Christian-Finance.

3. Emmanuel Nsan - Christian - Health.

4. Sam Omeruah - Christian-Information.

5. Tam David West - Christian - Petroleum.

6. Patrick Koshoni - Christian - Works.

7. Chike Offodile - Christian - Justice. *Clement Isong - Christian Gov, CBN

3 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by sayyid(m): 4:33am On Apr 27, 2015
true, i tink i agree on wat d writer says especially on corruption, corruption can neva b eradicated but can be reduced to d bearest minimum because weda we like it or not we are all corrupt or are we nt? Not to talk of d calibre of ppl dat e works with nw
Tribalism in Nigeria is a very serious issue weda we like it or not tribalism can not be removed because even startin from our places of work we practise tribalism
on d issue of peace is dia any country in d world dat does nt fyt internal wars?
Constant power supply, if dia is improved power supply up to like @least 80% den dia will be economic growth

1 Like

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by jascon1(m): 4:54am On Apr 27, 2015
When u say cannot solve, u already judged the man. Cannot is absolutely a wrong choice of word to use in this context. Don't argue further cos u only end up ruining the sense of Ur write up. Substitute that with "Might not" and u r there. If not, Ur entire article is a prejudgment.
Justcash:

I talked about five issues that Buhari "cannot" solve as the president, which implies more of prediction or forecast than appraisal (judgment) of performance. Yes, you can predict with certainty. All what I said are obvious for every Nigerian to see.

If I change it to five issues that Buhari "could not or couldn't" solve as the president, then I am appraising (judging) his performance as a president.

1 Like

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Kagame: 5:00am On Apr 27, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Gibberish at its peak!!!!!!

Say this prior to Aguiyi Ironsi(Igbo) administration and I ll buy this submission. I ll presume that the writer of this self-serving rubbish wasn't born then.

However, I ll quickly take this gibberish writer down the memory lane, the first time ever that an Igbo man(Aguiyi Ironsi) became a president of this great country, the administration was all out with tribalism, bigotry and nepotism. Igbos filled up everywhere in a space of few months. No President-prime minister prior to Aguiyi Ironsi govt was able to pull that without marginalisation rhetoric

Fast forward to 2011 till date, Igbo led federal government was the most tribalistic govt of all time.
Pls, take a look at Jonathan administration an Igbo led govt and tell me any Nigeria president that has ever been so tribalistic like this except Aguiyi Ironsi govt.

Having witnessed both sides in my lifetime, Hausas/Fulanis led govt is far better than Igbo led govt. If you complained about Hausas/Fulanis govt, I ll advise you to experience Igbo in power and see the big difference.

The Yoruba administration led by Obasanjo was the most neutral govt ever and that is why I hate a lot about Yorubas. Yorubas leaders with their wives were killed by Ibos military officers; Northerners responded by killing thousand of Ibos in reprisal attack but guess what, the Yorubas opened their useless hands are welcome the same Ibos in their land. Pls who does this?

Yoruba occupied Aso Rock and he filled up his administration with Igbos - from Andy Uba running the who presidency cabinet kitchen, Soludo as CBN Governor, Ngozi Iwealla as Finance minister, Dora Akuyili as Minister and head of parastatal, Nnamani, Wabara, Okadigbo as Senate presidents, Ezekwesili as Minister. The funny and wonderful thing about this Yoruba move was that the only people condemning the same old man today are Igbos simply cos he is a Yoruba man, nothing else.

In 2015 till Kingdom comes, Igbos could come up with their marginalisation rhetoric again and again but nobody is buying it anymore. You are worse than Hausa/Fulani

You guys amaze me !

The article was about Buhari's administration ,but you began your arguement with Aguiyi Ironsi , midway you added Jonathan , who is obviously not Igbo and finally you ended with Obasanjo ,all in a bid to drive home a senseless point woven around your resentment for Igbos , your fellow Nigerian compatriots.

How are you guys able to achieve that ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by yungryce: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Is buhri a magician?
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by Jesusloveyou: 5:48am On Apr 27, 2015
Justcash:

if u can't accept change,wil anybody give buhari court paper?that should be ur headache,not mine,d change has come,go to court if u don't want change,sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by omenka(m): 6:30am On Apr 27, 2015
And the useless threads keep rolling in. How could you say these things when the gentleman has even yet to take a single official decision as the President of Nigeria. Why pre-empt him. Why say it is impossible when in fact you stand as a huge beneficiary when these problems are solved?

May all the "cannots" you wish the General and Nigeria return to your personal life in Jesus name, amen.

The General will succeed and so will Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:34am On Apr 27, 2015
Many people will have HBP when Buhari is sworn in on May 29.
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by efilefun(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2015
Before the elections you were all shouting he can't win any elections, now it's he cannot perform... You better get a life instead of hating on him

2 Likes

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by M4gunners: 6:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Why i agree with you on some of the numbers listed here, i have to disagree on number 1&4 he must solve both of them. I don't care how he will do it, but let him solve this 2 problems.He really campaign on them.
Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by efilefun(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2015
They are just pained of the victory, Its not new they labeled him a lot before the elections and they will continue. So sure God almighty will use General Buhari to move Nigeria forward
dutchjongen:
When it comes to Tribalism the OP is saying utter rubbish. Here is a list of the Governors and cabinet members undere Buhari in 1983:
984-1985

1. Allison Madueke - Christian-Anambra.

2. Jeremiah Useni - Christian - Bendel.

3. Micheal Bamidele - Christian Ondo.

4. Oladipo Diya - Christian - Ogun.

5. David Mark - Christian - Niger.

6. John Kpera - Christian - Benue.

7. Dan Achibong - Christian - C/Rivers.

8. Ike Nwachukwu -Christian -Imo.

9. Oladipo Popoola - Christian - Oyo.

10.Bitrus Atukum - Christian - Plateau.

11. B.L. Letimah - Christian - Rivers.

12. Salaudeen Latinwo - Muslim-Kwara.

13. Gbolahan Mudasiru - Atheist-Lagos.

14. Sani Sami -Muslim - Bauchi.

15. Abubakar Waziri - Muslim - Borno.

16. Muhammadu Jega - Muslim - Gongola.

17. Usman Mu'azu - Muslim - Kaduna.

18. Hamza Abdullahi - Muslim - Kano.

19. Garba Duba -Muslim -Sokoto General

Out of 19 governors , 11 were Christians and 8 Muslims.

General Buhari's Ministers;

1. Domkat Bali - Christian - Defence.

2. Onaolapo Sholeye -Christian-Finance.

3. Emmanuel Nsan - Christian - Health.

4. Sam Omeruah - Christian-Information.

5. Tam David West - Christian - Petroleum.

6. Patrick Koshoni - Christian - Works.

7. Chike Offodile - Christian - Justice. *Clement Isong - Christian Gov, CBN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by deltalife(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2015
We just have to pray for him that God will use him as a tool to put some good things in place.

The areas you pointed are his weak point indeed but God will give him grace to deal with them.

You people voted him so let support him to deliver development to us all.

We need a peaceful Nigeria, God help us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by themilanway(m): 6:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Justcash:

The doomsayer crew keep amazing me,how do you know he"cant"solve these problems you"think"he"cant"solve?

By the way,no one of you the angel of doom have appraise GEJ's 6yrs report card so far.

What the hell are you guys waiting for?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by menshealth1234: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2015
END PREMATURE EJACULATIONN NOW!!!
Are you unable to last more than a few minutes in bed?
Have you ever felt embarrassed after having sexxx?
Has a woman ever made fun of you because of your poor "performance" in
bed?
Has a woman ever dumped you because you didn't satisfy her in bed?
Do you lack sexual confidence when you are around women?
IF YES, Then Logon To W WW. E N D P E . T K

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by handsometokunbo: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2015
Kagame:

You guys amaze me !

The article was about Buhari's administration ,but you began your arguement with Aguiyi Ironsi , midway you added Jonathan , who is obviously not Igbo and finally you ended with Obasanjo ,all in a bid to drive home a senseless point woven around your resentment for Igbos , your fellow Nigerian compatriots.

How are you guys able to achieve that ?

If a writer(it could be a journalist or anybody) are talking/writing about civil wars in other countries around the world, the writer or journalist could make reference to Biafra-Nigeria civil war so as to drive home his/her points; as long as the reference has something to do with the topic in view.

If a writer or speaker is talking about 2nd world war, there is 80% possibility that such writer might end up referring to 1st world war.

Nairaland as online forum has been compared to Linda Ikeji blog on several occasions here when the topic has something to do with both fora.

You guys hate to hear your history and the truth. You throw Biafra civil war at people faces at any slightest opportunity but when your shortcomings as an ethnic group is being talked about, you get upset and start blackmailing us with all kind of sentiments.

Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe may not be a full blooded Igbo but you can not denied the Igbo blood in him and he stated that time without numbers.

The rubbish writer wrote about marginalisation and tribalism. It is obvious the writer is Ibo and someone needs to remind him about his history

The Buhari administration that was written about by your bigoted brother is yet to be inaugurated; to form his own government but you guys have started disturbing him with your usual tribal and Marginalisation music which ll fail to fly this time around cos Igbo administration of Jonathan is still fresh in Nigerians' minds.

You guys were quiet when Jonathan feel everywhere with Igbos. The last people in Nigeria to talk about marginalisation in 21st century are Igbos. You can't have your cake and still want to eat it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President by austinkenneth: 9:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Justcash:

Please do not talk about MASSOB stepping up their activities here. They can do nothing. If we in SE want Biafra we know how to go about it and not through the riff raffs called MASSOB. The populace is against them and will not allow cause violence where there is peace. the best bet for them will be to do what what they are doing as free nigerians without violence.

When it comes to violence they are on their own and the people will rise against them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Refineries Begins Local Refining Of Fuel, Kerosine / Could This Really Be Shekau? Found Dead In Sambisa Forest / Nigeria Closing Embassies Amid Budget Slump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.