Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected (5202 Views)

No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says / Five Issues That Buhari Cannot Solve As The President / 3 Major Nigerian Problems Buhari Should Tackle - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Solve our electricity problems: There's nothing Buhari can do about the electric power situation in Nigeria. Everything that needs to be done has already been implemented by GEJ. The power sector has been unbundled and sold to private investors, various institutions have been setup to streamline, stimulate and protect private sector investment in the power sector.
There's nothing Buhari can do about this but to watch and regulate the activities of the investors. If we eventually and successfully begin to get constant power supply in our homes, Buhari will only be taking GEJs shine and nothing else.

Buhari can't stop unemployment: There's absolutely nothing Buhari can do about the unemployment situation in Nigeria. The unemployment situation in Nigeria is a complex problem - from the lack of employers to lack of capable employees.

Think about it, we lack employers of labour; we need over 50,000 profitable businesses to be created over the next four years for us to be able to solve the unemployment problem. This is impossible to achieve.
We also lack capable human resources. Our education system throws out hundreds of thousands of half-baked graduates every year, most private organisations don't have the resources to start training these graduates to learn basic things they should have learned in school. So the graduates stay unemployable because they have little or nothing to offer to the employer.

We seem to be in a quagmire and I don't think the APC or Buhari can do much or better than the present government concerning unemployment.

Buhari can't stop corruption: Contrary to popular beliefs and opinions, Buhari cannot stop corruption in Nigeria. He may want to follow the popular OBJ style by prosecuting well known individuals and impeaching governors. This will only scratch the surface. He will also face the credibility issues OBJ faced while he was trying to fight corruption - which is the fact that he had corrupt people in his government whom he failed to prosecute while he was prosecuting others who were deemed to be his enemies.

Also, Buhari needs the support of the Judiciary to fight corruption effectively and lawfully. Following this process is painstaking and time consuming because court processes and procedures in Nigeria can drag on for years.
However, his disposition and stance towards corruption may sway public opinion to his favour which may make his government seem credible.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by EmoBoy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
You forgot the naira, he can't make the naira appreciate in value.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by eminikansoso(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Solve our electricity problems:[/b]There's nothing Buhari can do about the electric power situation in Nigeria. Everything that needs to be done has already been implemented by GEJ. The power sector has been unbundled and sold to private investors, various institutions have been setup to streamline, stimulate and protect private sector investment in the power sector.
There's nothing Buhari can do about this but to watch and regulate the activities of the investors. If we eventually and successfully begin to get constant power supply in our homes, Buhari will only be taking GEJs shine and nothing else.

[b]Buhari can't stop unemployment:
There's absolutely nothing Buhari can do about the unemployment situation in Nigeria. The unemployment situation in Nigeria is a complex problem - from the lack of employers to lack of capable employees.

Think about it, we lack employers of labour; we need over 50,000 profitable businesses to be created over the next four years for us to be able to solve the unemployment problem. This is impossible to achieve.
We also lack capable human resources. Our education system throws out hundreds of thousands of half-baked graduates every year, most private organisations don't have the resources to start training these graduates to learn basic things they should have learned in school. So the graduates stay unemployable because they have little or nothing to offer to the employer.

We seem to be in a quagmire and I don't think the APC or Buhari can do much or better than the present government concerning unemployment.

Buhari can't stop corruption: Contrary to popular beliefs and opinions, Buhari cannot stop corruption in Nigeria. He may want to follow the popular OBJ style by prosecuting well known individuals and impeaching governors. This will only scratch the surface. He will also face the credibility issues OBJ faced while he was trying to fight corruption - which is the fact that he had corrupt people in his government whom he failed to prosecute while he was prosecuting others who were deemed to be his enemies.

Also, Buhari needs the support of the Judiciary to fight corruption effectively and lawfully. Following this process is painstaking and time consuming because court processes and procedures in Nigeria can drag on for years.
However, his disposition and stance towards corruption may sway public opinion to his favour which may make his government seem credible.
for your mind you think say you be James Bond but you know no say na Mr Ibu be like you be

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by sammyj: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
Story story GEJ propagandist. Even if he Buhari does not solve this problems, Nigerians will be delighted that the clueless one, corruption and the crude SHEPOPOTEMUS grin grin will be sent back to OTUOKE market which is a big problem solved for Nigeria Democracy. Chikena !!!

SAI Buhari !!!

9 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by udemzyudex(m): 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
Good point,this is what the APC fans have fail to understand,this is democracy rule,the population have increase unlike what we have during his time,corruption can not disappear,all the big companies can't employ up to 5,000 workers at a time..

I believe GEJ is on the right track,just that Nigerians want him to perform miracles,changing the country into UK within a short period of time which can't be possible...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by clevvermind(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
Buhari can never be president in the first place.

7 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by clevvermind(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
sammyj:
Story story GEJ propagandist. Even if he Buhari does not solve this problems, Nigerians will be delighted that the clueless one, corruption and the crude SHEPOPOTEMUS grin grin will be sent back to OTUOKE market which is a big problem solved for Nigeria Democracy. Chikena !!!

SAI Buhari !!!
the way you people reason sha is strange.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by sammyj: 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Na you sabi sha @!!!
clevvermind:
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
sammyj:
Story story GEJ propagandist. Even if he Buhari does not solve this problems, Nigerians will be delighted that the clueless one, corruption and the crude SHEPOPOTEMUS will be sent back to OTUOKE market which is a big problem solved for Nigeria Democracy. Chikena !!!

SAI Buhari !!!

Thats the problem with most of you Buhari supporters, what you just said is the height of unreasonability and illogicality. You don't care if Buhari doesn't achieve anything positive in office, all you care about is that GEJ doesn't get reelected because of the personal reasons you have agaisnt him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by sammyj: 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
Story for the gods and if you don't like my comment please go and hug transformer grin !!!!!
Sweetguy25:

Thats the problem with most of you Buhari supporters, what you just said is the height of unreasonability and illogicality. You don't care if Buhari doesn't achieve anything positive in office, all you care about is that GEJ doesn't get reelected because of the personal reasons you have agaisnt him.

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
EmoBoy:
You forgot the naira, he can't make the naira appreciate in value.

Thanks. Thats something else he can't do for us.

Also, contrary to what Buhari said, he cannot stabilize the price of crude oil.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
GMB
Will address the core issues around power and will carry out massive generation utilizing available Res. From solar,Gas,coal,wind,hydro

GMB
Govt will systematically. Encourage n aid entrepreneurship. N also revival n setting up of new industries

GMB
Govt will not tolerate any form of financial fraud n abuse of public funds.
Individuals found guilty will be punish

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by najoke: 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
[s]
Sweetguy25:
Solve our electricity problems: There's nothing Buhari can do about the electric power situation in Nigeria. Everything that needs to be done has already been implemented by GEJ. The power sector has been unbundled and sold to private investors, various institutions have been setup to streamline, stimulate and protect private sector investment in the power sector.

Buhari can't stop unemployment: There's absolutely nothing Buhari can do about the unemployment situation in Nigeria. The unemployment situation in Nigeria is a complex problem - from the lack of employers to lack of capable employees.

[/s]
TRASH.
OP,I was expecting you to dish out evidence that GEJ has reduced or eliminated all the problems you listed above
...............if after 6 yrs of GEJ reign and all the above still persist.......infact all the above turned from bad to terrible under his reign...........it is so visible that even you(a PDP member) had to open a thread on his failures.........it simply means............you are repeating all what we have been saying........GEJ is a mega FAILURE.

END OF STORY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by ZICCKOde1st(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Op, I agree with you -that you have summed up Nigeria's problems. I however TOTALLY DISAGREE that Buhari cannot solve these issues. Funnily, u only need to solve two of these and others fall into place...Corruption and Power(electricity I mean). I do not have my stats here but I can say with confidence that a lot of SMEs have been grinded to a halt as a result of power issues. They've had to expend so much on alternative sources of power that this has affected their revenues, they've had to as a result downsize or right size(if u like) resulting in massive unemployment.

The truth is we do not expect government to provide all the jobs and solve all of our problems but let government give us light and see aw creative Nigerians can be. If ure a Christian and u believe in the story of creation, u'll agree the first thing the Almighty did was to speak to the firmament -let there be light- all developments came after then.

As to the issue of corruption, I personal think Jonathan is soft on it and I think this is because he has skeletons which can used against him, hence his soft disposition. 2011, I didn't vote for him because I felt he lacked the charisma to lead. We don't need to go into aw he allowed himself to be treated during the yaradua saga. A stern, disciplined hand coupled with a mentality that understands the rule of law is what Nigeria needs.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by dabigwalls: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
sammyj:

SAI Buhari !!!

Name calling by folks like you make me question if you are civilized. I don't know how folks like you deal. Maybe you should visit Youtube and watch intellectual debates and arguments of the British House of Commons. I think you should be ashamed at the ease with which you throw vitriolics and diatribes. I think it's local. I'm on neither side but the diarrhea you all spew is disgusting to discerninbg readers. I advise that you watch it.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
najoke:
[s][/s]
TRASH.
OP,I was expecting you to dish out evidence that GEJ has reduced or eliminated all the problems you listed above
...............if after 6 yrs of GEJ reign and all the above still persist.......infact all the above turned from bad to terrible under his reign...........it is so visible that even you(a PDP member) had to open a thread on his failures.........it simply means............you are repeating all what we have been saying........GEJ is a mega FAILURE.

END OF STORY.

He has taken bold steps to ameliorate these problems. These problems won't disappear overnight like most Nigerians expect, they take time because this country is a complex country. We have so many structural problems pulling us back, these problems won't be fixed and solved in four years.

For example, we didn't have a proper national identification system. GEJ's administration has started one in the NIMC and even the BVN from the CBN. A lot of Nigerians don't understand the billions of dollars nigeria loses because these things are not in place.

I didn't start this thread to showcase the achievements of GEJ, rather I created it to bring Buhari supporters back to reality. You guys have been sold a pipe-dream by the APC, a party that houses over 40 percent of Nigerian politicians but can't effect any positive change with their number and strength but promise to effect them if they have control of the presidential seat.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
Sweetguy25:

How can you say it's because of personal reasons when these same people voted him in in2011?

Many GEJ supporters are quite myopic and hard to reason with.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by danot1030: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Don't worry on the cprruption thing as Buhari will make a difference, he will not treat corruption with hand glove, he will fight corruption rather than resulting to AIT documentary of a passive corrupt personality, Buhari will arrest, prosecute and punish, not propaganda.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by mumumugu(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
He can solve corruption
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
clevvermind:

EVEN STRANGE ITSELF FINDS THEIR REASONING VERY STRANGE AND ABSURD.

1 Like

Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ghana people said the same thing about Rawlings until he came in and cleared up the TOTAL mess.
Sweetguy25, you may be a kid and may not know history so well, so i urge you to go read and learn what greatest and astute leaders have done for their country against all odds. Nor be human being we be? abi those people wey dey steal our money na spirits?
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by kheart(m): 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Word one qualify dis write up, TRASH coming from Gej apologist and pessimist who seems to be benefitting from growing n booming industry of corruption under gej regimes.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by abdulll6afh(m): 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
Who know 2moro between the person that put this topic and and the people that are commenting on this topic how do they know that buhari could not solve this three problames ist buhari Himself that tell them that he cannot solve this 3 problams o wat
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by BMZK: 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Remember, someone donated N500m to GEJ campaign and the person has a link with the privatised NEPA. Dreaming of constant light will be a mirage as far as the bribed person remains in charge.
There will be no checks and balances.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by alaoeri: 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
udemzyudex:
Good point,this is what the APC fans have fail to understand,this is democracy rule,the population have increase unlike what we have during his time,corruption can not disappear,all the big companies can't employ up to 5,000 workers at a time..

I believe GEJ is on the right track,just that Nigerians want him to perform miracles,changing the country into UK within a short period of time which can't be possible...
You called more than 5years short period, if GEJ can't put Nigeria on the right track in 4years, he doesn't deserve additional 4years.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by mrmetoo1: 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
Some people have chosen to accept failure as part of their life. They have chosen to believe that Nigeria will remain in this perpetual pathetic backwards state. Those people I described have decided to vote for GEJ.

Those of us who hope that this country can be better, deserves to be better are voting GMB. People that know that with good governance all those things that the OP listed as impossible are very possible. A wise man said let no one make you think governing Nigeria will is rocket science. We just need a government that's willing and appoints the right people for the job. We have the resources both financial and human resources, so why would anyone want to convince me Nigeria can't be better.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by emeka2847: 2:59am On Mar 06, 2015
You forgot food. He won't be able to eat. Mtchew
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by UrennaNkoli(f): 3:07am On Mar 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You are 100%

WRONG.
There are 99 problems GEJ cannot presently solve in this country and Buhari is your saviour.....
Pls vote wisely.
Sai Buhari.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by bokohalal(m): 3:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Why are you supporting GEJ then?
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by sammyj: 6:03am On Mar 06, 2015
Go to court or go and die !!!
dabigwalls:

Name calling by folks like you make me question if you are civilized. I don't know how folks like you deal. Maybe you should visit Youtube and watch intellectual debates and arguments of the British House of Commons. I think you should be ashamed at the ease with which you throw vitriolics and diatribes. I think it's local. I'm on neither side but the diarrhea you all spew is disgusting to discerninbg readers. I advise that you watch it.
Re: 3 Problems Buhari Cannot Solve if he's Elected by Sweetguy25: 11:35am On Mar 07, 2015
ZICCKOde1st:
Op, I agree with you -that you have summed up Nigeria's problems. I however TOTALLY DISAGREE that Buhari cannot solve these issues. Funnily, u only need to solve two of these and others fall into place...Corruption and Power(electricity I mean). I do not have my stats here but I can say with confidence that a lot of SMEs have been grinded to a halt as a result of power issues. They've had to expend so much on alternative sources of power that this has affected their revenues, they've had to as a result downsize or right size(if u like) resulting in massive unemployment.

The truth is we do not expect government to provide all the jobs and solve all of our problems but let government give us light and see aw creative Nigerians can be. If ure a Christian and u believe in the story of creation, u'll agree the first thing the Almighty did was to speak to the firmament -let there be light- all developments came after then.

As to the issue of corruption, I personal think Jonathan is soft on it and I think this is because he has skeletons which can used against him, hence his soft disposition. 2011, I didn't vote for him because I felt he lacked the charisma to lead. We don't need to go into aw he allowed himself to be treated during the yaradua saga. A stern, disciplined hand coupled with a mentality that understands the rule of law is what Nigeria needs.

What I have found about we Nigerians is that we do not know about our country as much as we think we do. Corruption and power not our most challenging problems.
Many African countries are less corrupt and have more stable electricity than Nigeria, but they are poorer than us. In fact, some european countries have constant power but they're currently battling with economic recession and human unemployment.

I have thought about what I wrote critically before writing about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Nnamdi Kanu Now? / Nigeria’s Electricity Invoices Average ₦720 Billion Yearly - NBET / Bala-blue - The Drink Tinubu Was Referring To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.