Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - (8978 Views)

Card Reader Fails To Capture Jonathan At Bayelsa Governorship Election / PHOTO: Lekki Bank Robbery Suspects Paraded / Police Smash Robbery Syndicate Which Killed 25 Cops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by cbjonstage(m): 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2009
When will we hear on radio/tv or even read on daily newspaper where olokpa arrest those stealing with pen? na only road side criminal dem fit catch grin shocked

make dem (olokpas) go secretly mount such cameras & voice recording in dia (our politicians) various offices
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by sherrylo: 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
Hen hen,so our police don jasi tekinology abi?make we they see the result ooo.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2009
The Idea is not novel, yes it is necessary but are we sure that the CCTV initiative is just not another 'blue elephant' scheme, foisted on our intelligence to make it seem as if the reigning government has plans to fight crime.

1: Security Cameras such as ones installed require some investment in large data storage and trained security agents and IT staff.
2: They also require to a (large extent) a de-centralized Police force that can independently manage crime in each state or LG with a detailed profile of criminals and their movement around Nigeria while sharing information with other security agencies and government bodies across Nigeria

I heard we have a little over 340,000 police men in the Nigeria Police Force, what percentage is trained to evaluate data from CCTVs and other modern day security technologies.

I would rather a bunch of police checkpoints than CCTV cameras, at least it should deter the robbers briefly enough to escape the scene before the police do and leave you behind.

AS we always say, Let us sit-down and watch
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by oderemo(m): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2009
would rather a bunch of police checkpoints than CCTV cameras, at least it should deter the robbers briefly enough to escape the scene before the police do and leave you behind

armed robbers in nigeria informed police personnel upfront before any raid so the idea of checkpoint do not work, infact most weapon used are trailed back to our police force. cctv will work only if we have determine officers that believe in justice for all.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by jamace(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2009
My stand is that the Lagos State government has done well by installing CCTV to monitor activities in the metropolis and to track criminals.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by cvibe: 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2009
Poster,
I'll believe it when i see it because Nigerian banks usually place dummy CCTV cameras in their banking halls.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by earTHMama: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2009
Did I not insinuate this before?. Where are Kobojunk and NuzoJunkie that called me a dreamer? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by royalicon(m): 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kudos to NPF.

WE will soon uses/introduce CCTV to catch students in Examination hall. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by jingoma(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
Where is the link to support your claim?, How can u make such a claim without proof, ure so full of Sh_t!
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by TOYOSI20(f): 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2009
Hope its effective sha. . .and they stay on top of things wid it too undecided
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by Grizzly(m): 1:30am On Feb 04, 2009
In this time and age,
WE are rejoicing cos a group of armed bandits were caught on camera?
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, shocked
This is the stone age, lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Feb 04, 2009
Grizzly:

In this time and age,
WE are rejoicing cos a group of armed bandits were caught on camera?
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, shocked
This is the stone age, lipsrsealed
roflmao!!! pity us!!! oh. . pity us!!!! roflmao!!
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by LRNZH(m): 5:27am On Feb 04, 2009
From parading animal criminal suspects to matching faces in CCTV footages with individuals on a non-existent database is so incredible.
The Police is your friend.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by princekevo(m): 5:57am On Feb 04, 2009
LRNZH:

From parading animal criminal suspects to matching faces in CCTV footages with individuals on a non-existent database is so incredible.
The Police is your friend.

Lol, cheesy grin grin they will always remain our fren,
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by togidan: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2009
If anybody want to no much on CCtv is like IP camera using to monitoring,if you are in anywhere in the world you can use it as well to monitor your home,work and business
Moreover you will be seeing anybody coming to your house,shop or office,if anyone need it
Call me on this nos(08032134260)
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by cooldays(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2009
i saw it on NTA. but those arrested where never shone to us.
who is keeping the face of armed robbers from the public,
or is there no robbers arrested.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by dlox01(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2009
@ kobojunkie n others,
First things first,those so called CCTV ur talking about are outdated,they dont produce clear images,they dont even zoom in,some just produce movements and you really cant get the persons face,n if the robber is smart he would know where to stand in the hall.some CCTV/BETAMAX TV in banks really are dummies.Now,with ur streamlined veiw, did it occur to u that the person behind the operations of the CCTV saw the activities of the robbers in the hall and alerted the police when no other person in the hall could make a move??there probably was no need for database and identification,abeg, please stop making a big meal out of Kuli-kuli!!!!
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by amaikama(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2009
B.o.s.s!! kindly put the CCTV short in nairaland for all to see. Besides, where were they arrested? is it out side the bank or in the bank?
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by topkin(m): 10:38am On Feb 04, 2009
This one na im them dey call. . . Oje marina, ki'go gun mi le'se ki'be ma se'je! grin
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by fastmoney(m): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2009
did the cctv also give der address and contact number, u need more than hanging cameras for cctv to work, or else how u gonna find the man on screen?
looooooooool, im really feeling pity for the innocent man that got caught der,
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by angelina08(f): 11:25am On Feb 04, 2009
Na now there eyes open to see will.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2009
fastmoney:

did the cctv also give der address and contact number, u need more than hanging cameras for cctv to work, or else how u gonna find the man on screen?
looooooooool, im really feeling pity for the innocent man that got caught der,
roflmao!!
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by FBS: 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2009
Nigeria. . .kai shocked
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by Baro(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2009
Police are the robbers, they dont need Cctv to see themselves
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by smooooooth: 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2009
i watched it live, it was like nollywood doing a decent robbery crime movie.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by palmwine(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2009
You don't have to see the face of the robbers. It is wrong to parade anybody on national tv until a court says he is guilty.

The NPF has been known to fabricate evidence at will.

1. They once dropped marijuana /a short gun on some of friends claiming they are cultist during my university days.

2. Arrested another friend at 8pm and drove him all over Lagos until it was 1am. Only to say he was arrested at 12am.

If I c a police man and an armed robber. I will run towards the armed robber and beg him to save me from the police cheesy
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by TRACK: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2009
If only the CCTV could be used to identify police men collecting money from motorists and IG can eliminate those thieves called policemen on our roads, we would know that he is working . A policeman that obtains N20 can steal CCTV kept to help him do his work well.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by shope(m): 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
Yea i Think They are Trying, But U too can help by stop giving them 20bks again
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by gReenmAn(m): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2009
Do not despise little beginnings. Yes CCTV is not a new technology, but at least Naija has now recognised its role in crime detection. We will get there.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by jamace(m): 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2009
Do not despise little beginnings. Yes CCTV is not a new technology, but at least Naija has now recognised its role in crime detection. We will get there.
God bless you my brother. They have forgotten that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
gReenmAn:

Oh? So Naija was, all the while, too stupid and moronic to recognize that all those SECURITY camera’s installed for  SECURITY purposes in banks, and businesses, for almost 20 years, could play in a role in CRIME DETECTION?

Are you for real? You mean you are willing to sell Nigerians all as MORONS so you can justify your need to praise this effort of the police today?

WOW!!
Re: Nigerian Police Uses Cctv Images To Capture Bank Robbery Syndicate - by mustafar1: 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
gReenmAn:

ordering a lifetime supply of dog feed b4 deciding whether you really want to have a dog or not.

jamace:

God bless you my brother. They have forgotten that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

it starts with one single step, I TOTALLY AGREE. but does the direction which the step is taken matter? please answer me this kweshun biko.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai / Confusion Trails PDP Congresses In Ekiti, Ogun, Anambra / Leaked Tape Of Omoleye Sowore Demanding N100M Bribe And Exposed As Very Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.