Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State (2841 Views)

Kubwa Terminal Of Abuja-kaduna Rail Network (pix) / Fayose Wears Short Knickers To Sign The Budget (Photos) / Senator Ibikunle Amosun Signs 3.2 Billon Dollars Intercity Rail Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by not4sure(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
Senator Ibikunle Amosun with the Chinese Consul General, Chairman for CCECC, M.D for CCECC and G.M Southwest CCECC during the signing of 3.2 Billion Dollars contractor finance Contract for The Intercity rail network of Ogun State which is in Phases.

https://www.facebook.com/SenatorIbikunleAmosun/posts/1024295744281660

Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by humberjade: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Cool...it'll further boost d economy of my dear state.

But will it be 4 d normal locomotive trains or d light rail trains?

If it's 4 d latter, then d question of how it will be powered comes in.

Except a special power station is built 4 it sha.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by mrmetoo1: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Awesome stuff.. I hope this goes from "on paper" to reality. This would be great for the region. This would really make Ogun State a realistic Lagos suburb. This really will attract investors and developers.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by wachakuta(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nice! Other states should emulate dis!

Hope it is light rail not d type that GEJ did oo.. dat one na kintakunta era dem use am last

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
And we can't do anything meaningful without involving the Whites!

Wetin I get to talk? Good concept!

When will Seriake get sense?
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Flye: 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
I pray it comes to frutation, Ogun state government signed one about 3years ago, they are signing another one.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by SirShymexx: 8:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Good initiative.

They need to connect that to the one in Lagos and extend to other SW states.

But I fear for another Lagos-esque population explosion and massive slums all over the state as well . And when it is all said and done, half of Nigeria would have moved to the two states loool.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
dearpreye:
And we can't do anything meaningful without involving the Whites!

Wetin I get to talk? Good concept!

When will Seriake get sense?
why u come bring ur people to build train wey go derail I'm 24 he's, and dismantle within minutes.

U wan do something of such sensitivity, u dey talk of untested waters...
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
why u come bring ur people to build train wey go derail I'm 24 he's, and dismantle within minutes.

U wan do something of such sensitivity, u dey talk of untested waters...

Train accidents happen the world over. That's the truth. Every system has some potential/ inherent risks. Once the first domino is altered, you know what follows na. ...

Well, my comment about the Whites shouldn't be narrowed to the Ogun state City Rail works alone.

Hope you get it NOW?
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Armaggedon: 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
He has not built roads he is buiding rails.
When the money finishes he starts owing workers. South West sha grin
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Reminez(m): 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
Armaggedon:
He has not built roads he is buiding rails.
When the money finishes he starts owing workers. South West sha grin
The joke is on you...keep hating while we keep building another no man's paradise..LOL
We know you sadists and children of indoctrinated hate from the SAD-EAST are immune to good things. You folks are only good at hating others and ass licking your Ijaw masters/owners !!!!!

7 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by anulaxad(m): 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ogun state is a different place, the people there even with their historical values and traditions are not even close to being bigoted tribalists, their very open and lenient people, anyone who has been to Ogun state will agree.

I'm glad at the reasonable development this state has been receiving due to Amosun's administration, and I hope this project succeeds.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Train accidents happen the world over. That's the truth. Every system has some potential/ inherent risks. Once the first domino is altered, you know what follows na. ...

Well, my comment about the Whites shouldn't be narrowed to the Ogun state City Rail works alone.

Hope you get it NOW?
actually, train accidents don't happen all over the world. Stop your misinformation. In history, train has the lowest rate of accidents. Passenger trains does not even derail often; the most cases of derailed train are cargo trains. So, stop it.

Train has the lowest rate of accidents out of all types if transportation.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by baby124: 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Try to give contracts to Nigerian firms and they can partner with foreign firms. You create jobs for Nigerians,improve indegenous skill set and keep capital in Nigeria. This is how countries that develop themselves do it.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
actually, train accidents don't happen all over the world. Stop your misinformation. In history, train has the lowest rate of accidents. Passenger trains does not even derail often; the most cases of derailed train are cargo trains. So, stop it.

Train has the lowest rate of accidents out of all types if transportation.

Bro, I've personally watched on CNN a lot of train accidents being reported; you can choose to categorise the trains. It doesn't still negate the fact that train accidents aren't limited to one location. Simple!
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, I've personally watched on CNN a lot of train accidents being reported; you can choose to categorise the trains. It doesn't still negate the fact that train accidents aren't limited to one location. Simple!
well, more reason to venture into tested waters
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
well, more reason to venture into tested waters

You know better!
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by baralatie(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
baby124:
Try to give contracts to Nigerian firms and they can partner with foreign firms. You create jobs for Nigerians,improve indegenous skill set and keep capital in Nigeria. This is how countries that develop themselves do it.
I feel you but right now there are factors that go into contracts like these.it is usually the coys with the best package that get them at the end of the day.
there are Nigerian firms who can deliver but will the state govt award......
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
baralatie:

I feel you but right now there are factors that go into contracts like these.it is usually the coys with the best package that get them at the end of the day.
there are Nigerian firms who can deliver but will the state govt award......
there are no rested Nigerian firms dt will handle such a sensitive job.

this requires vast experience abeg
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by baralatie(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
there are no rested Nigerian firms dt will handle such a sensitive job.

this requires vast experience abeg
I totally disagree!for every contract there are three facets
1.manpower
2.finance
3.technical sources
all three are highly vested the only issues are about credibility and experience.it is here that at the submission of bids that foreign coys hold sway!
also the negative experience of bad local contractors that worked with power makers in the country comes to bare.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
No se governor has been visionary enough ton improve transport system like this.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
baralatie:

I totally disagree!for every contract there are three facets
1.manpower
2.finance
3.technical sources
all three are highly vested the only issues are about credibility and experience.it is here that at the submission of bids that foreign coys hold sway!
also the negative experience of bad local contractors that worked with power makers in the country comes to bare.
I heard. So, u go give that much contract to a company without experience because they get machines, finance and they can source for experts?

Why not give it to the said experts?
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by baralatie(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I heard. So, u go give that much contract to a company without experience because they get machines, finance and they can source for experts?

Why not give it to the said experts?
don't worry Nigerian coys are already springing surprises!
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by slimfit1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
smiley
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by oduastates: 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
I will like to see the business case document for this project including the sources of funding

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by OAM4J: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is great. Am happy with this development.
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
i dey watch
Re: PHOTO: Ogun State Sign The Intercity Rail Network Of Ogun State by TheOtherview: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2015
oduastates:
I will like to see the business case document for this project including the sources of funding

Thank you. I am disappointed that some commentators never seem to take a critical look at some of the initiatives touted on these boards.

Here are my earlier posts on the subject.

====================================================================================

asala1:

Do you know the difference between a contract and a MOU?

Read slowly now;

I am sure you would gladly enlighten me.
Before you do so, pay attention to the photograph in my post and the one referenced in the following excerpt (by OP):

Senator Ibikunle Amosun with the Chinese Consul General, Chairman for CCECC, M.D for CCECC and G.M Southwest CCECC during the signing of 3.2 Billion Dollars contractor finance Contract for The Intercity rail network of Ogun State which is in Phases.

Also, please find me a credible source that actually mentions a 3.2 billion dollar contract. wink
Anyone will do.

(1) (Reply)

Did Buhari Get His "I Belong To Everybody" Quote From The Bible / As Nigeria Struggles With 4, 000 Mw , Kenya Moves To Build 1 Gw Of Electricity / Femi Fani-kayode Has Gone Mad Again - BUHARI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.